TPM on Z790 Dark

Author
painis4thaweak
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 143
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/10/15 21:37:58 (permalink)
With the release of Win 11 24H2 upon us, I've been trying to get this mobo to present its on-board TPM to the OS, admittedly without much luck.

Anyone else have this working properly on motherboard SKU E799 with Windows 11 24H2?

Before everyone starts posting the "did you try xyz" comments below, yes, the usual suspects have been tried/verified. Eg.:

- BIOS ver 1.21 (latest). (BIOS version doesn't have an impact in this case/No change with other BIOS versions.)
- "Security Device Support" under "Trusted Computing" is enabled, but below this option states: "No security device found".
- "Secure boot" is enabled and active (reset keys to factory several times) / CSM disabled
- tpm.msc reports "Compatible Trusted Platform Module cannot be found"

Relevant screen captures:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W-NH_agoCTYptrl3UrpuDQntDETO7Uhr?usp=sharing

I'll open a ticket with eVGA support if its just a "me" problem (or if its an "all of us" problem)
post edited by painis4thaweak - 2024/10/15 22:48:01

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30862
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: TPM on Z790 Dark 2024/10/15 21:45:20 (permalink)
    Think I remember that it only works for any system, only if you enable the TPM feature on the MB ---> Before you load the OS

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

When someone does not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place; you can't use reason to convince them otherwise!
    painis4thaweak
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 143
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: TPM on Z790 Dark 2024/10/15 22:39:58 (permalink)
    I know I've attempted this in the past with this motherboard, but re-attempted just now to ensure I wasn't crazy. 

With the same BIOS settings as mentioned in my OP/shown in Google Drive photos, the Win 24H2 bootable installer halts when checking "system compatibility", and will not proceed. Assumedly, because no TPM can be found (eg. as reported under the "Security Device Support" option, where it reports "No Security Device Found")

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile