EVGA

Helpful ReplySneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 11 of 34
Author
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2365
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/05 09:14:47 (permalink)
Nereus
Nike_7688
Nereus
Nice. Link for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwJrO31UFRo

If I heard it correctly, daily use 5.2GHz on all cores on water was stable.

That's what he found. Not sure he did much with per-core OC yet. Seems like he only did some brief testing. I've seen several folks (including the other video I posted) where they were getting 5.4-5.5GHz on 1-2 cores, then 5.3 on up to 4, then 5.1-5.2 on the last 4. Several even had decently low temps on non-AVX loads at that. If you're going to be running Prime95 with AVX loads...it'll get HOT lol. 

Yeah I've seen the 5.5GHz stable as you said (on standard water loop). I think people may have been a bit quick to jump on the hate bus over this CPU. 

It definitely won't be for everyone. For example, if you have Multi-threaded workloads, a 10900k or 59x0 chip will be better. Also, it looks like an OC'd 10900k might win out in Timespy too (both beat AMD 5000 series though). This thing really only makes sense for games...if you don't care about power usage and are willing to OC it. Out of the box with no tweaking? Not the best. I also think it's quite over-priced right now. I had some Newegg gift-cards to use, which brought the price down to $538. I can live with that to hopefully have the fastest gaming processor on the planet. I think it should be priced at $499, not $613 or even $550.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/05 09:47:58 (permalink)
Nike_7688
Nereus
Nike_7688
Nereus
Nice. Link for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwJrO31UFRo

If I heard it correctly, daily use 5.2GHz on all cores on water was stable.

That's what he found. Not sure he did much with per-core OC yet. Seems like he only did some brief testing. I've seen several folks (including the other video I posted) where they were getting 5.4-5.5GHz on 1-2 cores, then 5.3 on up to 4, then 5.1-5.2 on the last 4. Several even had decently low temps on non-AVX loads at that. If you're going to be running Prime95 with AVX loads...it'll get HOT lol. 

Yeah I've seen the 5.5GHz stable as you said (on standard water loop). I think people may have been a bit quick to jump on the hate bus over this CPU. 

It definitely won't be for everyone. For example, if you have Multi-threaded workloads, a 10900k or 59x0 chip will be better. Also, it looks like an OC'd 10900k might win out in Timespy too (both beat AMD 5000 series though). This thing really only makes sense for games...if you don't care about power usage and are willing to OC it. Out of the box with no tweaking? Not the best. I also think it's quite over-priced right now. I had some Newegg gift-cards to use, which brought the price down to $538. I can live with that to hopefully have the fastest gaming processor on the planet. I think it should be priced at $499, not $613 or even $550.

Price is a bit steep certainly. Like you, I have some credit to use, so it's not such a big issue for me. True, currently AMD can win over Intel with anything that utilizes full multi-core processing (assuming you are able to find somewhere to buy one). Personally I don't care too much about the power usage since I have a water loop to keep it sufficiently cool, and if you're talking about the utility cost of the additional power used, it's minimal unless you're folding 24/7, so no big deal. Plus.. shiny new thing! Yay! :D

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

blazinnuggs
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/05 11:03:06 (permalink)
I’m pretty psyched
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/05 11:15:25 (permalink)

I really hope they don't launch with 20 boards and then we queue for months before any more are available.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/05 22:06:16 (permalink)
Nereus

I really hope they don't launch with 20 boards and then we queue for months before any more are available.

2 boards.  1 for gamers who do a little overclocking.  1 for overcluckers who do a little gaming.

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/06 02:42:05 (permalink)
nomoss
Nereus

2 boards.  1 for gamers who do a little overclocking.  1 for overcluckers who do a little gaming.

No, I meant a total stock of 20 boards, not 20 types of boards.

FoxxyHunter
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/06 07:28:46 (permalink)
Nereus

This was my fear, and watching other Z590 boards sell out I have a feeling it might be hard to acquire one.   This made me decide to just go ahead and purchase a board I had been eyeing from a different company.  It will arrive today along with matching ram, so I am excited to finish my build as that was the last missing part.   

I wish EVGA would have had something early on, but oh well I understand how chaotic things are in the current tech climate.  Now I just have to wait for my GPU auto-notify to kick off...  so I'll  still be buying EVGA products, just not a mobo for this build.  C'est la vie!

-End of Line-
jefspet
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/06 09:42:09 (permalink)
So Jacob just said on twitch that the z590 ftw will likely be another 2 weeks but might be 1 week.
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/06 10:30:15 (permalink)
jefspet
So Jacob just said on twitch that the z590 ftw will likely be another 2 weeks but might be 1 week.

That's about how far we are from "mid-April" which was his last update lol. The sad part is that he said the dark is a little after the FTW.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
jefspet
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/06 21:19:52 (permalink)
Nike_7688
jefspet

That's about how far we are from "mid-April" which was his last update lol. The sad part is that he said the dark is a little after the FTW.

True I was just hoping for the early mid and not late mid.
Its hard when I have every part for my computer sitting here and just can't use them because of the MB.
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/07 04:43:44 (permalink)
jefspet
Nike_7688
jefspet

Its hard when I have every part for my computer sitting here and just can't use them because of the MB.

I am in the same boat. Parts are just sitting here. Yesterday I even looked at some other z590's because I got myself all concerned about testing these parts. I think they are the parts that I actually want, so I looked at Evga's board pictures again and the arrangement of connectors and features... And I am back to just waiting. If the cpu is bad I'll have to deal with Intel's rma process. Que Será, Será.

Memorex636
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/07 11:57:25 (permalink)
Nike_7688
jefspet
Nike_7688
jefspet

I am in the same boat. Parts are just sitting here. Yesterday I even looked at some other z590's because I got myself all concerned about testing these parts. I think they are the parts that I actually want, so I looked at Evga's board pictures again and the arrangement of connectors and features... And I am back to just waiting. If the cpu is bad I'll have to deal with Intel's rma process. Que Será, Será.

Its not like we will be able to buy a GPU anytime soon,  i have just given up ever rebuilding a pc at this point.  I been awaiting for a gpu since december.   I really wanted to do a full EVGA PC but Idoubt that's going to happen.

nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/07 17:33:23 (permalink)
Yeah, I've been trying to get ANY information on these.  A picture doesn't tell me what RAM to buy, what AIOs are compatible, what PSU I should be looking at.  Heck I can't even decide on a case because I don't know how close that top mounted RAM is going to be to the radiator.  Either I spend $500 on a super tower (plus about a million more on fans) or I wait until the dwindling supply of cases is gone (already starting to see that).   
Heck, I don't even know if I'll be able to secure a Dark when it does come out because the bots will probably buy it out within seconds.  That's if they don't all end up in box stores with none available on the EVGA website.  
We can't even get an answer on if the board will be an Elite member exclusive.

All the competitors are putting on live build streams showing off their products and honestly, they look pretty good.  This happened last time I did a new socket build, ended up buying something else because 2 months after launch, still no EVGA product.  I appreciate the quality control and design (not to mention how lovely that Dark is) but, man, my personal desktop died last July and I've built 3 systems for other people since then.

I don't understand why specs, dimensions and a short list of compatible RAM can't be released now.  If it's 1 or 2 weeks away, then they HAVE to have finalized the board by now.

The scalpers are all over PC components right now, and the lack of details on the board I want just drives up the cost I will have to eventually pay to complete my build.  
I understand fully the GPU shortage and applaud EVGA's queue system but this is starting to make me question why I'm waiting for EVGA boards.

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

Boxlid
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 223
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/08 07:55:45 (permalink)
Wow, all this really seems like a circus lol.  I think I'll just do a cleaning on my X99 build's loop and keep running 24/7 for another year or two.  Intel flopping, stock shortages, no AMD offerings from EVGA, pcie 4.0 seemingly a short lived standard before 5.0, DDR5 around the corner, etc.  All of these things tell me this is a very bad time to upgrade and I should just stick with what's been solid for the past 5yrs.  I don't have any issues running anything, so I see no reason to deal with all this, it started giving me a headache just reading the comments and articles smh

jefspet
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/08 09:26:33 (permalink)
Nike_7688
jefspet
Nike_7688
jefspet

I actually did the same thing recently.  I even found out about the return policy and debated getting an MSI board(I have never purchased from them before) and just returning it if I had issues.  And if it works keeping it, but then I would not have EVGA(man I'm too much of a fan boy).
I really hate having so many parts sitting on my table waiting to be tested.  I have been building my own computer for over 20 years and only a couple times has every part worked out of the box. I have even had capacitors light on fire the first time the system powered up.  It was like a sparkler shooting off on my table. 
jefspet
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/08 09:33:55 (permalink)
nomoss
Yeah, I've been trying to get ANY information on these.  A picture doesn't tell me what RAM to buy, what AIOs are compatible, what PSU I should be looking at.  Heck I can't even decide on a case because I don't know how close that top mounted RAM is going to be to the radiator.  Either I spend $500 on a super tower (plus about a million more on fans) or I wait until the dwindling supply of cases is gone (already starting to see that).   
Heck, I don't even know if I'll be able to secure a Dark when it does come out because the bots will probably buy it out within seconds.  That's if they don't all end up in box stores with none available on the EVGA website.  
We can't even get an answer on if the board will be an Elite member exclusive.

All the competitors are putting on live build streams showing off their products and honestly, they look pretty good.  This happened last time I did a new socket build, ended up buying something else because 2 months after launch, still no EVGA product.  I appreciate the quality control and design (not to mention how lovely that Dark is) but, man, my personal desktop died last July and I've built 3 systems for other people since then.

I don't understand why specs, dimensions and a short list of compatible RAM can't be released now.  If it's 1 or 2 weeks away, then they HAVE to have finalized the board by now.

The scalpers are all over PC components right now, and the lack of details on the board I want just drives up the cost I will have to eventually pay to complete my build.  
I understand fully the GPU shortage and applaud EVGA's queue system but this is starting to make me question why I'm waiting for EVGA boards.

Seriously I totally don't understand why we can't have a ram list now!  As I mentioned above I have all my parts sitting on a table, I didn't mention that Ram is the only thing I didn't buy.  (Since the OC videos I watched seem to be very dependent on the ram used) I want to make sure its 100% compatible.  

I also think there should be some sort of way to make sure the people that will use the boards get to buy the boards. An elite exclusive or heck even messaging the people who posted in this thread  with first dibs would be great.  We are obviously the most invested. 
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/08 11:30:58 (permalink)
jefspet
I actually did the same thing recently.  I even found out about the return policy and debated getting an MSI board(I have never purchased from them before) and just returning it if I had issues.  And if it works keeping it, but then I would not have EVGA(man I'm too much of a fan boy).
I really hate having so many parts sitting on my table waiting to be tested.  I have been building my own computer for over 20 years and only a couple times has every part worked out of the box. I have even had capacitors light on fire the first time the system powered up.  It was like a sparkler shooting off on my table. 

Wow, I've never had that happen to me before. The only motherboard I've ever had an issue with was an EVGA, but they helped me figure it out and replaced it no problem. It was somehow killing my DDR2 sticks (680i board? idk quite a while back). We replaced the memory twice thinking it was that, but after the second set failed, they said it was probably their board and replaced it. Never had another issue and the RAM was also replaced under warranty, so other than having a little downtime, it was no big deal. I've had 780i, x58 and x99 motherboards as well from EVGA and all of them ran for years with overclocked CPUs with zero issues. I looked at pictures of other boards out there and then the EVGA z590 pictures again and the designs are not even close. For how I use them and where I like my connections, I'm not going to get anywhere near the same quality from another brand, so I'm in the "just wait" camp. Honestly, I'd probably be absolutely fine with a FTW board even though the Dark looks amazing too. I think I might have just a little bit of trouble with the right-angle power connectors on the E-ATX size with how the wire holes on my case line up, so that may really push me towards the FTW at this point. Also, if it ends up available way before the Dark, I may just jump on it.

As for memory, I already bought that after sending the info to Jacob on twitter and he said I should be good with this kit. There was a sale the other day, so I jumped on it: F4-4000C16D-32GTZR. So I've got my CPU, memory, fresh paste, a new AIO, and some additional fans for push/pull just sitting here waiting for a new motherboard.

Edit: So it is not a QVL, but a smile and a nod from Jacob for one kit lol. Also, I plan to tinker with the timings a bit to find the best performance, but from other OC reviews out there, it seems like going gear 1 (1:1) at 3733 with the tightest timings possible is going to be the winner. I'm really hoping it'll be happy there with 15-15-15. We'll see. I have definitely been taking the easy way out with XMP profiles for a few years now, but I haven't had new hardware since B-die was a thing and this new chip definitely has some benefits for gaming in gear 1 mode...at least until you get a ways past the switch-over point (4800? 5333? not sure, haven't seen much testing up there yet).
post edited by Nike_7688 - 2021/04/08 11:46:49

Attached Image(s)

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/08 12:49:15 (permalink)
Nike_7688
*snip*
As for memory, I already bought that after sending the info to Jacob on twitter and he said I should be good with this kit. There was a sale the other day, so I jumped on it: F4-4000C16D-32GTZR. So I've got my CPU, memory, fresh paste, a new AIO, and some additional fans for push/pull just sitting here waiting for a new motherboard.

*snip*

LOL that photo looks familiar - same situation here.

Good choice of fans there, been using the same model for radiators for a few years now.

I was looking at that same memory too but nobody had it in stock at the time, so I ended up getting some stupidly expensive 4000MHz Corsair Dominator Platinums (2x16GB, 4000MHz, C19).

Giving Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut paste a try this time - I usually go with MX-4 but I've heard so many good reports about Kryonaut that I thought I'd give it a shot.

Just waiting on that Z590 Dark.

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/08 13:14:44 (permalink)
@Nereus

I have also heard great things about Kryonaut, but I have heard that there's a bunch of fake Kryonaut out there that is garbage, so I didn't want to risk it not finding any official 100% guaranteed way to buy it properly. I read some reviews (2, 3)that basically indicated that the Prolima tech PK3-nano (pictured above) is at about the same level of performance (or at least very close) to the kryonaut, plus no reported fake product out there on Newegg/Amazon etc. so that's what I went with. I've never used it before, but thought I'd try something new (to me). I did read that Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut is basically unrivaled, but it is an electrically conductive (unlike the pastes) liquid metal, so some extra care is required. Also, there were some anecdotal reports out there about it only being good for a year or two and I didn't want to have to remember to check/replace it after so many months.

I used to just put Arctic Silver on everything, but I've learned that they've been surpassed for years at this point lol.

Edit: Forgot about the fans! Yes, I have a bequiet! Dark Base 900 case that I absolutely love. I've used the fans at work too as they're super quiet and still move lots of air. I've seen some reviews for those where they move more air than Noctua fans and create less noise while doing it. I don't know what magic they've done to achieve it, but I'm happy to buy more of their wonderful fans that just so happen to match my case...even though these two will be buried and you'll never see them lol.
post edited by Nike_7688 - 2021/04/08 13:16:46

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/08 13:56:56 (permalink)

@Nike

Yeah I saw mentions of fake Kryonaut in Amazon reviews, but it appears that may have been from 3rd party sellers on Amazon. I happened to hit the page when the stock was coming direct from Amazon so I figured it was more likely to be legit. I used it on my 3090 for the EK block a few weeks ago and it seems to be working fine - on sustained full load at 2160MHz clock, it levels off around 48C when ambient temp is 78F, so it's definitely better than toothpaste :D. The i9-11900K runs very hot apparently, so it's going to need all the help it can get.

bequiet! fans: "I don't know what magic they've done to achieve it.." - quality German engineering. - I have 2 x 280mm radiators with the same 140mm high speed PWM fans as you. Great static pressure and airflow vs noise ratio.

post edited by Nereus - 2021/04/08 14:00:02

jefspet
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/09 07:59:58 (permalink)
Nike_7688

Wow, I've never had that happen to me before. The only motherboard I've ever had an issue with was an EVGA, but they helped me figure it out and replaced it no problem. It was somehow killing my DDR2 sticks (680i board? idk quite a while back). We replaced the memory twice thinking it was that, but after the second set failed, they said it was probably their board and replaced it. Never had another issue and the RAM was also replaced under warranty, so other than having a little downtime, it was no big deal. I've had 780i, x58 and x99 motherboards as well from EVGA and all of them ran for years with overclocked CPUs with zero issues. I looked at pictures of other boards out there and then the EVGA z590 pictures again and the designs are not even close. For how I use them and where I like my connections, I'm not going to get anywhere near the same quality from another brand, so I'm in the "just wait" camp. Honestly, I'd probably be absolutely fine with a FTW board even though the Dark looks amazing too. I think I might have just a little bit of trouble with the right-angle power connectors on the E-ATX size with how the wire holes on my case line up, so that may really push me towards the FTW at this point. Also, if it ends up available way before the Dark, I may just jump on it.

Ya, I will never forget what it was like to press the power button and have fire spewing inches from my face.  It was really scary. The company rmaed the board no problem but I have had terrible luck with other company MBs.  Hence why I'm so leery to not use EVGA. I could give you a ton of horror stories. 
As for the ram issue you had I have never had that, nor did I know it was possible,  so I'll definitely keep that in mind going forward. 

Nike_7688 

Edit: So it is not a QVL, but a smile and a nod from Jacob for one kit lol. Also, I plan to tinker with the timings a bit to find the best performance, but from other OC reviews out there, it seems like going gear 1 (1:1) at 3733 with the tightest timings possible is going to be the winner. I'm really hoping it'll be happy there with 15-15-15. We'll see. I have definitely been taking the easy way out with XMP profiles for a few years now, but I haven't had new hardware since B-die was a thing and this new chip definitely has some benefits for gaming in gear 1 mode...at least until you get a ways past the switch-over point (4800? 5333? not sure, haven't seen much testing up there yet).

I don't think I have used gskill.  I usually bounce around on ram. Back in the day I would only buy dominator ram, but at some point they were out of stock and I had to get another brand and I couldn't tell the difference and after that I just got whatever matched the QVL list and was on sale.  
And ya its been frustrating with all the ram sales that have been happening.  I may take one out of your book and just buy something that looks good with good timings that's on sale.

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/09 09:00:31 (permalink)
I have used G.Skill since that issue with the 680i. I was using Corsair before that and thought I might switch brands to see if it helped. We killed one of those sticks too (in the same slot), but G.Skill was amazing about covering their product even though it didn't end up being their fault. They have lifetime warranty on all their memory and that was what made me willing to give them a try all those years ago. I've used their memory exclusively since then and never had a single problem. The resale value is good too as I've sold all my old kits after upgrading. People know it and love it. I also usually find that it is more affordable than most brands even though it is also usually at least as reliable as any other brand in my experience. I like that the ripjaws if you want a more affordable set of memory that just doesn't have RGB lighting on it too. I couldn't find this kit in stock anywhere or I may have gone with that one (this one and this one looked pretty good too). It does seem like they may be putting more effort into their Trident line lately though, so I did recently switch over to those. The kit I have now (in my x99) doesn't have RGB (I'm not a big RGB fan), but the new one sitting on the table waiting for a motherboard does have it. I'll play with it a little and see if I want it on or not.

blazinnuggs
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/09 09:13:47 (permalink)
I recommend iceberg thermal (13w/mk) from Amazon if you can’t find any genuine kryonaut (12.5w/mk). It’s decently priced and they come in large quantities. I recently had an issue where my 3080 was reaching 80c on water with over 560mm of rad space after I took the card apart to replace thermal pads & paste. I took it apart and put it back together so many times and almost used all my kryonaut, that I had to resort to using something else in bulk for troubleshooting. Eventually I found out where I was messing up contact and creating air gaps. Both the kryonaut and iceberg thermal paste never hit past 41c when gaming for extended periods of time with an ambient room temp of about 25c. I’ll be using it when I get a z590 as well
forgetmenot
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/09 13:21:28 (permalink)
U.2 on these things?
jefspet
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/10 08:13:36 (permalink)
Nike_7688
I have used G.Skill since that issue with the 680i. I was using Corsair before that and thought I might switch brands to see if it helped. We killed one of those sticks too (in the same slot), but G.Skill was amazing about covering their product even though it didn't end up being their fault. They have lifetime warranty on all their memory and that was what made me willing to give them a try all those years ago. I've used their memory exclusively since then and never had a single problem. The resale value is good too as I've sold all my old kits after upgrading. People know it and love it. I also usually find that it is more affordable than most brands even though it is also usually at least as reliable as any other brand in my experience. I like that the ripjaws if you want a more affordable set of memory that just doesn't have RGB lighting on it too. I couldn't find this kit in stock anywhere or I may have gone with that one (this one and this one looked pretty good too). It does seem like they may be putting more effort into their Trident line lately though, so I did recently switch over to those. The kit I have now (in my x99) doesn't have RGB (I'm not a big RGB fan), but the new one sitting on the table waiting for a motherboard does have it. I'll play with it a little and see if I want it on or not.

Thanks for all the info and the recommendations.  The F4-4000C16D-32GVKA looks awesome! I will definitely keep my eyes out for that one. 
One follow-up question, you mentioned that you resell your ram and it has a lifetime warrantee.  Do you know if its transferable to the person you sell it second hand too?  That's another think I like about EVGA as the warrantees are transferable. 

I think I may just go with gskill this time and see how it works.
Thanks.

Edit- WOW you were not kidding about not being able to find the F4-4000C16D-32GVKA.  I just went through every US based site listed under where to buy on G.Skills site and not one had it listed.  Even newegg doesn't it listed as an option and the only place I found it was in Europe.  Guess that's not happening.  Time to take a second look at your other mentions lol.
post edited by jefspet - 2021/04/10 08:42:49
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/10 17:37:29 (permalink)
Their website indicates that it is non-transferable. I just looked that up now lol. I wish evga still had lifetime warranty on parts. I remember when every part in my computer had that, but I'm pretty sure it's just the memory now lol.

jefspet
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/10 20:01:17 (permalink)
Nike_7688
Their website indicates that it is non-transferable. I just looked that up now lol. I wish evga still had lifetime warranty on parts. I remember when every part in my computer had that, but I'm pretty sure it's just the memory now lol.

LOL ya me too. I actually have a 960 that was upgraded from a 580 thanks to the warrantee.
Thanks for the info on gskill's warrantee.  
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/12 07:09:08 (permalink)
Latest from Jacob:
Jacob
Second half of this month for FTW.

Edit: Sooo...maybe next week for FTW? Maybe May for Dark? 
post edited by Nike_7688 - 2021/04/12 07:15:22

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/12 07:27:53 (permalink)
Nike_7688
Latest from Jacob:
Jacob
Second half of this month for FTW.

Edit: Sooo...maybe next week for FTW? Maybe May for Dark? 

rblaes_99
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1951
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: Sneak peak at A New Generation of Excellence, EVGA Z590 Motherboards 2021/04/12 10:38:45 (permalink)
what do yall think about the F4-4266C17D-32GTRGB on the 590 dark?

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 11 of 34
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile