Author
SKEEPER.
  • Total Posts : 96
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
2017/03/03 11:34:16 (permalink)
Hey!
My name is Bartek.
My nickname in the world of modding it SKEEPER.
For several years we have been creating reservoirs.
These are fully customs versions whose life begins on a piece of paper.
One day I was invited to evet I could present their reservoirs, but because they were made individual order, it did not have excessive of the show.
O fate, I even do not have a computer :). (Just an old laptop).
Many months, lost in my studio I did not expect that one day you will have to go to the people with what robe.
.... So it's time I made my projects, full two platform, which will be my calling card.

Platform will be based on the basis of housings:
Phobya WaCoolT Benchtable black - Aluminium Edition
and
be quiet! DARK BASE PRO 900.

What will each see soon.
I guarantee you a substantial dose of photos from the construction of the reservoir, computer parts and work on projects.
Here we go!
post edited by SKEEPER. - 2017/03/03 11:36:41

170 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/03 23:03:50 (permalink)

Have fun with the build. Will see it hopefully soon.     =)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/04 00:14:50 (permalink)
    Thank you.
    I hope that you will not be bored by looking here.
    I want to say that the implementation of my projects would not be possible without the support of many companies.
    I will not unnecessarily extended the theme and pasting their logos.
    According to me much more interesting presentation of them will be showing the parts in the form of images.

... Let art defends itself.

As the first on the worktable went Phobya - WaCoolT Benchtable black - Aluminium Edition.
    Here she is.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/04 00:24:20 (permalink)
    LC systems will be built on parts of the Alphacool, Phobya and my accessories.

Alphacool fittings - tubes 16mm.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/04 11:18:53 (permalink)
    Presentation of the other components appear during the development of their use.

The first alteration was to rework the original flow rates of liquids that look like this:

The factory is arranged on a hose having an inner diameter of 10mm or less.

Processing consisted of get cut off ends

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/04 11:29:50 (permalink)
    ... And making endings of the internal G1 / 4 ".
    Now you can arm them with standard connectors.

Interesting fact - terminals is rotating. In the case of tubes is not a problem, but hoses for positioning said flow rate is difficult. Rotating tip to help.
    An additional option is to screw this indicator to the desired location - the rate fixed rigidly keep snakes in check (will not be hanging off :))

For assembly is the part that just created:

With pieces of acetal we form cubes

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/04 11:38:06 (permalink)
    ... To beautify round longer edges

...effect.

Shorter firmly cut.

Effect.

Drill 3 holes.

Tap.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/04 11:39:49 (permalink)
    Finished parts.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/04 11:45:20 (permalink)
    As we have parts made, this time to unite them with the indicators, and the whole thing looks like this:

Another part.

Coolers Cape Cora - passive, not very popular, forgotten. I raise them and fun to complement benchtable.

Instead of sheet metal with large holes for the fans ....

... I Fix the coolers Cape Cora.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/04 13:58:59 (permalink)
    The problem is that the factory is not suitable for screw connectors. They have pressed connectors, with which you can connect serial coolers.
    Connectors are large, and I needed to put so fitting, so the coolers were changed - the thread is cut IG1 / 4 ".

To the right of the original, the left cooler adapted to screw connectors.

Initially, I wanted to give flow between the cooler on the reservoir, but it turned out that there is not enough space, so they will be applied in the Dark Base Pro 900.

Since the first part of the reservoir appeared in the photo above, let's look at them more closely.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/04 14:08:55 (permalink)
    Outstanding work and very impressive photos. What camera are you using for the images, especially the close in photo shots?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/04 14:28:58 (permalink)
    Well, maybe now a short photo report from the creation of parts of the reservoir.
    The elements are the upper and lower chamber, a substantially left and right ventricle of the reservoir, which will be on the horizontal.
    The chambers consist of plexiglass and black acetal.
    Acetal parts formed from acetal shaft with a diameter of 70mm.

Cut a suitable piece

... that's enough.

Cut piece is placed in a lathe and start processing.

The first one went forehead - Aligns and finish the surface.

Now we gather material to obtain a suitable diameter and surface area.

We'll groove cutter, which will help in further processing.

Thanks to him we know roughly how long distance and depth we collect material. We need to collect a lot of material, so the groove will serve as a visual stop and finish and to give a correct assessment will take place using precision knobs.

Profiled and razor-sharp steel HSS, we will phase ...

In the middle we need a hole with a depth of 11mm.
    We equip handle a drill and drill - nothing could be simpler.

Turn to Solid carbide milling cutter for chamfering Komet.
    Shimmering reflections of different colors are mesmerizing - I love it !!!!!

Before threading chamfer the hole ...

... and tap.

Machining the parts at this stage is over, so it can be cut off.

During arrestor, depending on many factors, swarf of various interesting shapes.

Acetal elements are ready, and below the last stages of their creation.
    The upper ring - phase done as it should be - on the edges

... and on the screw head.

and the recess on the central bar.

The lower disc, one side has to be smooth, but in turning such a soft material, in the middle is very little material, and instead of cutting process, the chip breaks off.
    The result is a microscopic trace.

Acetal is not suitable for polishing, or at least I do not know how or enhancements, so that we get a very good surface quality, which comes after cutting.
    Therefore, to remove the tit will use the cutter spherical Komet 2mm 2Z (I use these cutters also to make the O-ring channels).
    The spherical tip of the cutter has a diameter of 2 mm and approximate to tit better reflect its size.

Choose a small amount of material, slightly dive and the end result is even finished, a small bowl with a diameter of less than 1mm.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/04 14:41:02 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    What camera are you using for the images, especially the close in photo shots?

Thank you for your words of appreciation for images.
    I am an amateur, but I try to make a nice picture because I think that it conducted worklogs definitely better to watch.
    I care about the quality of my reservoirs. Every detail is checked and controlled (a handmade.), So I'm not afraid to take pictures from very close.
    For images I use the camera Panasonic DMC FZ 1000. I needed a versatile camera that makes a good macro photos, records nice films, has rotating display (for easy framing) and has a nice zoom, so that I can keep a safe distance from the camera cutting machines.

As an amateur I recommend this camera. I like him very much.
    SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 01:22:17 (permalink)
    Round ducts for cables have a larger diameter than fillport.

In order to somehow fix fillport, he made two washers.

But the problem has not disappeared, because a large difference in diameter between fillport a hole made fillport was not on the line with the other feed throughs.

A small ring centering solved the case.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 01:26:02 (permalink)
    At the instigation of my friend chose some material from the washers and the samy I let fillporty deeper, so to not stick out.
    In fact, now it looks better.

Generally, I'd do it all fillporty in size, but I do not have the material currently on their performance, rings / pads made from waste.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 02:14:25 (permalink)
    Continues to look great.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 03:21:58 (permalink)
    Thank you very much rjohnson11.
    The project is in fact completed in approximately 80%. During the work I collected a lot of material for publication, I want to show you.
    I do not have all the parts at home, so my work stood in the place, so I have a minute to complete daily work.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 03:49:27 (permalink)
    With aluminum and LED strip I made the frame, which will highlight the sides benchtable.

We measure what size frame is to be ...

nicely cut

and glue

LED strip paste inside - aluminum version of "chrome" also reflect the light from the tape and is much brighter.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 03:55:21 (permalink)
    Look, almost every case there is some side window components are in the middle and you can highlight the whole interior.
    Increasingly, there is backlight RGB - we can find, among other things MOBO, GPU and fans.
    Something that shines and sparkles, yes, an eye-catcher, but sometimes it gets from this the shining Christmas tree that your hands fall.
    RGB - I hate this, I have satiety, but I also think it is a very practical solution. When a new project, change the color of the shack, liquids, etc., through eg. Fans to RGB can match their color in a project without changing the fan or the MOBO and the samy we save a lot of money.
    My project started from Bench .... which has no "center" to highlight. This is what I can highlight, it is only the sides and possibly front.
    On the sides are coolers HPC - (they are beautiful):

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 04:08:15 (permalink)
    For coolers will be mounted fans Alphacool NB-ELOOP:

Why I chose LED strip, which is not RGB and is in addition unprotected IP - primarily suitable light color, smaller and more densely positioned LED (very bright), the width of 8mm.
      RGB strip, at least those that I have seen, do not give such a light color which interested me.
    White light there is some pink.
    The lack of any protective coating IP gave me the opportunity to actually bend the tape as a sheet of paper, thus nicely put together in the corners without cutting, soldering, or the use of angled connectors.

If I instead coolers HPC applied classic black, the backlight of them would not make much sense.
    While illuminate as bright aluminum fins in the radiator HPC, the effect is (IMO) very nice.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 04:21:51 (permalink)
    Aluminum fins of the radiator great brighten black benchtable.

Now replace it in places with cooler fans.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 05:08:47 (permalink)
    Fixing radiators Cape Coral.
    The factory in the set there are any clips for fastening with self-tapping screws, but unfortunately I do not use them because they are ugly and would be on view.
    The radiator has only one hole 3 mm.

The idea was to make a longitudinal channel, through which will be able to adjust the position of the radiator.

So that it can adjust the position of the cooler, the agent must have hit the insert with a threaded bore, M3 is shaped such that when the tightening does not rotate in the center.
    Inserts made of rod fi12 (this had on hand :)).

These two pieces will cut across and we will have 4 pads (2 on the radiator).
    I used to cut the cutter blade with a thickness of 0.4 mm

We cut.

Drill holes for the tap.

... And quickly inserts ready.

In this place they will be loaded before installation.

So I prepare cables.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 05:47:05 (permalink)
    Wow. A lot of work going on here. I'm keeping an eye on this mod.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 06:53:07 (permalink)
    Oh yes. Contrary to appearances, a lot of time is needed to do all this.

Beloved, informative write that both projects will be powered by a very, very good power.
    Benchtable will be armed with the Prime Titanium Seasonic 650W, and be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 will get a new, sensational fall out in the test unit EVGA (information soon).

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 07:03:05 (permalink)
    With closer will present braids that were used.

SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 11:01:05 (permalink)
    Somewhere I saw and decided to do it myself and try for carrying out a tube cables through the braid.

I have to admit that the invention is simple and very easy to work. They not hook the pins of the braid, so you do not inhale it, and the imposition of braided cable is much faster - I recommend.

This photo pay homage to those who know their stuff, have patience and do it efficiently and aesthetically.

Cat ...... intriguing being in no way helped, just the opposite.  

... Two all the more.

Cables ready.

post edited by SKEEPER. - 2017/03/05 11:04:20
    SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 11:06:32 (permalink)
    Pads conical screw M3.

I made only 4 pieces and serve to screw the front.
    SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 11:24:22 (permalink)
    Cape Cora mounted using pre-made pads.

What does it mean to have a good tool ....
    In some photos, you can see the company logo BRENZER Poland. I am not obliged to insert this logo, but I want to, because the initial collaboration grew into a perfect friendship with the people who work there.
    BRENZER is a distributor of tools such brands as Noris Reime (taps) and Komet Group (cutters).
    These are industrial tools for incredible strength and precision. You can not buy in a regular store.
    Noris Reime nicely brings out chips, while the other, which I have (well known brands), load the chip inside the dies and the long tapping clog it.

As I have already mentioned it, it can show you (as a curiosity) some interesting tools, and some photos of the event, on which I have been with the company.
    You see also some of my other work and the reservoir, which will be mounted in the Dark Base Pro 900.
    SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 12:40:57 (permalink)
    Event in Mikołów (city in Poland) was organized in the school and had to show young people live, what is modding, as they look modding computers.
    There were also organized workshops, which were built from scratch computer Step by Step.
    You could also listen to lectures on photography modding (yes, it exists, my dears).
    The whole thing was to bring everyone (not just those who are familiar with and like) how our passion and hobby.
    I showed the Company Brenzer and together we could show young people not only ready-made reservoirs and other additives for liquid cooling, but you could also see by what tools they are created.

Several reservoirs in the showcase.
    The reservoir of the left side is mounted in the Dark Base Pro 900.

My custom plexiglass TOP - water block RAM

A few more pictures of the plexiglass TOP and video.

Moviehttps://youtu.be/_O0MWkrlAXY

Inside This Dark Base 900D is my aquaduct (right), and my reservoir (left)

I himself (one in the middle )

post edited by SKEEPER. - 2017/03/05 12:59:14
    SKEEPER.
    Re: SKEEPER - Presentation stands for reservoirs [GearUpwithEVGA] 2017/03/05 13:07:05 (permalink)
    Now some pictures of the same tools.
    They are beautiful!
    Cutters KOMET.

post edited by SKEEPER. - 2017/03/05 13:10:10
    Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 6
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile