EVGA

Hot!SILVERSTONE PERMAFROST PF240 ARGB AIO CPU LIQUID COOLER Repair | DIY Tech

Author
DIY Tech
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2024/02/05 21:37:05 (permalink)
SILVERSTONE PERMAFROST PF240 ARGB AIO CPU LIQUID COOLER (STT-PF240-ARGB) 240mm AIO cooler repair

Its my fav brand but i am very disappointed by the death of such large number of coolers , all because of bad coolant that is gunking up and hindering the coolant flow

So here is my journey / repair attempt

Would love to know your ideas regarding bleeding the air out. It took me hours

post edited by DIY Tech - 2024/02/05 21:49:19

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30582
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: SILVERSTONE PERMAFROST PF240 ARGB AIO CPU LIQUID COOLER Repair | DIY Tech 2024/02/07 06:03:09 (permalink)
    Interesting project.

1) flushing the radiator is always an important step, looks like your pump got gunked up (second time at end of video?) - by residual left in the radiator or hoses?

2) My "ideas regarding bleeding the air out"

A) Vacuum filling is one possibility to not mix the air with the coolant while filling, if you have the equipment

B) Air wants to rise (travels up hill) in a liquid.  So when bleeding you need to hold / turn the assembly to assist the movement of trapped air

C) Hold assembly with pump at lowest point, radiator with hoses at the bottom of radiator.  Now gently shake the unit. (Best to also do this just before & when installing AIO into your PC, to get air pocket into correct part of AIO - away from pump & the hose end of radiator)

D) Get the air out of the pump, usually requires multiple start / stop cycles, to stop cavitation (air in pump)

E) Leave it undisturbed for a few hours, micro bubbles should form larger air pockets (reduce any foaming) & then bleed again

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

DIY Tech
    • Total Posts : 14
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: SILVERSTONE PERMAFROST PF240 ARGB AIO CPU LIQUID COOLER Repair | DIY Tech 2024/02/07 09:01:22 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Interesting project.

1) flushing the radiator is always an important step, looks like your pump got gunked up (second time at end of video?) - by residual left in the radiator or hoses?

2) My "ideas regarding bleeding the air out"

A) Vacuum filling is one possibility to not mix the air with the coolant while filling, if you have the equipment

B) Air wants to rise (travels up hill) in a liquid.  So when bleeding you need to hold / turn the assembly to assist the movement of trapped air

C) Hold assembly with pump at lowest point, radiator with hoses at the bottom of radiator.  Now gently shake the unit. (Best to also do this just before & when installing AIO into your PC, to get air pocket into correct part of AIO - away from pump & the hose end of radiator)

D) Get the air out of the pump, usually requires multiple start / stop cycles, to stop cavitation (air in pump)

E) Leave it undisturbed for a few hours, micro bubbles should form larger air pockets (reduce any foaming) & then bleed again

Thanks for the feedback will surely keep in mind for future overhauling, point C i guess is very imp for anyone installing an AIO even if its new thanks
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile