wizzyy
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Flagged as Spam (3)
2020/09/30 05:44:08 (permalink)
No reviews on 3080 or reviews on hold.
No PCB pictures.
3080 xc3 ULTRA has the same or worse performance as FE, since there is no proper review yet can't say for sure but assume with lower noise level and better performance.
EU evga doesn't exists, when it did it was charging you double VAT. 

Rushed release and i rather not beta test EVGA which seems to have many problems.
I will try to get an FE and worst case a card with actual reviews. 

p.s.:
When u withholding or not sending out review copies of your product u know something is wrong and its a big red flag for me.
I'm sure EVGA gonna fix all the issue and optimize its boards in later revisions but all the red flags adds up for me and tells me to avoid EVGA since they lost this rushed release. 

EDIT1: Talking about the XC series. 
post edited by wizzyy - 2020/09/30 07:12:10

49 Replies Related Threads

NIR_Rimc
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 135
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 06:04:16 (permalink)
    You wont be missed ;)

Case: Fractal Define 7 / MOBO: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero(WI-FI) / CPU: Amd Ryzen 9 5950X / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x8GB @ 3600 MHz CL14 / Nvme: 2 x Corsair MP600 2x1TB / VGA: EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080 FTW / Monitor: Dell AW3418DW 34'' 3440x1440 120Hz / PSU: Corsair HX 1050W / Sound: Logitech G633 / Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 LP MX Speed / Keypad: Azeron Compact / Mice: Logitech G502 / CPU cooler: Corsair H100i

Huntercyril
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 349
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 06:06:05 (permalink)
    1) Yes, there is and was reviews of EVGA 3080. Jayztwocents made one. There's also various videos where, for example, GamersNexus got a World Record Overclock with a FTW3. And he made another one with the 3090 FTW3 too. They aren't reviews but if having an EVGA FTW3 card being world record isn't enough evidence that the card is good enough, I don't know what to say to you except than wait for reviews.
    2) VAT pricing has been fixed. I can agree that this one was disturbing but since they almost didn't have stock in EU Store, it wasn't really an issue since you couldn't buy anyway.
    3) They already adressed why the FTW3 was not released the 17th. They delayed the product launch, unlike others manufacturers who DID rush. EVGA didn't rush and waited for their higher tier cards to be ready for release. With Asus, they were the only two brands to WAIT and fix things before releasing. So you got that very wrong.
    The few samples sent were to reviewers a mix of production and pre-production cards, the few pre-productions cards were / are swapped because no pre-production design was sent to a single customer so they want the reviews to reflect their product. Also they needed to update VBIOS to be sure to have the best performance on the reviews.
    4) Reviewers aren't robots. They need time for testing, and time for themselves. If you didn't caught that there was a lot of news recently. Also, don't forget that EVGA isn't the only brand sending cards to reviewers. MSI, Asus, Palit, Zotac, Gigabyte, etc are sending too. 
    5) PCB pictures will come. You can already see the back of the card, some pictures are outdated, others aren't, depending on where you're looking. XC3 has one MLCC and FTW3 has two, any other image is outdated.

Most of what you're saying is outdated at best, wrong at worst (FTW3 wasn't rushed and wasn't released until ready, for example). Now, regardless of whether you will or won't go with an EVGA card this year, I hope I helped clarify things.
    post edited by Huntercyril - 2020/09/30 06:08:20
    wizzyy
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 06:18:08 (permalink)
    NIR_Rimc
    You wont be missed ;)

Thanks for your prattling 
    gravedigger78
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 964
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 06:37:23 (permalink)
    More for the rest of us
    Bcassiman
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 146
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 06:39:18 (permalink)
    Cool man cya
    wizzyy
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 06:51:02 (permalink)
    1) Yes, there is and was reviews of EVGA 3080. Jayztwocents made one. There's also various videos where, for example, GamersNexus got a World Record Overclock with a FTW3. And he made another one with the 3090 FTW3 too. They aren't reviews but if having an EVGA FTW3 card being world record isn't enough evidence that the card is good enough, I don't know what to say to you except than wait for reviews.

I assume u talking about this video.
    A video where he compares a ~10% more expensive EVGA card which average performance the same or worse than FE.
    Nothing in detail about temps, fan speed, fan noise, clock speed or the PCB itself.

2) VAT pricing has been fixed. I can agree that this one was disturbing but since they almost didn't have stock in EU Store, it wasn't really an issue since you couldn't buy anyway.

Awesome, it has been fixed an hour ago though.

3) They already adressed why the FTW3 was not released the 17th. They delayed the product launch, unlike others manufacturers who DID rush. EVGA didn't rush and waited for their higher tier cards to be ready for release. With Asus, they were the only two brands to WAIT and fix things before releasing. So you got that very wrong.
    The few samples sent were to reviewers a mix of production and pre-production cards, the few pre-productions cards were / are swapped because no pre-production design was sent to a single customer so they want the reviews to reflect their product. Also they needed to update VBIOS to be sure to have the best performance on the reviews

I'm not talking about the FTW, kingpin or hydro series.
    I wasn't obvious but i was talking about XC3 which has been verified by Jacob that it had no capacitor issue and its the same as it was on day one, yet there is barely any info on it.

4) Reviewers aren't robots. They need time for testing, and time for themselves. If you didn't caught that there was a lot of news recently. Also, don't forget that EVGA isn't the only brand sending cards to reviewers. MSI, Asus, Palit, Zotac, Gigabyte, etc are sending too.

EVGA isn't the only brand but one of the best. Does it make sense to you to not release a review for a card which had no capacitor or other issues on day 1, after ~2 weeks?

5) PCB pictures will come. You can already see the back of the card, some pictures are outdated, others aren't, depending on where you're looking. XC3 has one MLCC and FTW3 has two, any other image is outdated.
    I would like to see more than 5% of the PCB.

Most of what you're saying is outdated at best, wrong at worst (FTW3 wasn't rushed and wasn't released until ready, for example). Now, regardless of whether you will or won't go with an EVGA card this year, I hope I helped clarify things.

Most of what i'm saying is up to date(with an exception of EU VAT fix which happened while i was creating this thread).
    3080 Release is rushed, you can't quesiton this. Gamer nexus further proves this.
    AIB's were asking him for up to date drivers because they had a limited one.

I simply stated that i personally think EVGA lost the rush and they dealing with the after affect now by not testing their boards properly.
    Fan problem for example which was hotfixed within 24hour.
    Customers right now beta testing a rushed product and if u think something wrong with this statement or u think my reasoning is wrong somewhere, feel free to correct me.
    wizzyy
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 06:54:33 (permalink)
    gravedigger78
    More for the rest of us

Bcassiman
    Cool man cya

Thanks for your contribution. 
    arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6916
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 07:02:25 (permalink)
    EVGA pulled their review cards and shipped ones with a fixed cap configuration after they found an issue. An issue brought about by Nvidia not releasing full drivers to AiBs before they gave the drivers to reviewers (per Gamer's Nexus). No cards were shipped to end users with a bad cap configuration as per EVGA's Jacob Freeman.

If you don't like EVGA making sure that they ship a quality product out to customers, and reviewers having the same cards to review as the customers have - we can't help ya bud. Enjoy your life and thanks for sharing.

Edit: and FWIW, EVGA EU isn't the same group of people as EVGA US - it's almost like 2 different companies.
    wizzyy
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 07:10:51 (permalink)
    arestavo
    EVGA pulled their review cards and shipped ones with a fixed cap configuration after they found an issue. An issue brought about by Nvidia not releasing full drivers to AiBs before they gave the drivers to reviewers (per Gamer's Nexus). No cards were shipped to end users with a bad cap configuration as per EVGA's Jacob Freeman.

If you don't like EVGA making sure that they ship a quality product out to customers, and reviewers having the same cards to review as the customers have - we can't help ya bud. Enjoy your life and thanks for sharing.

Edit: and FWIW, EVGA EU isn't the same group of people as EVGA US - it's almost like 2 different companies.

You are not wrong but you talking about the FTW series while i'm talking about the XC series which had no problem at all or had to be delayed. 
    All this is verified by Jacob.
    Your logic of pulling reviews on XC3 and delaying it doesn't apply here. 
    Wish you the same, have a happy life and thanks for sharing your input. 
    MrMichaelJames
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 229
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 07:11:19 (permalink)
    I don't understand why people "announce" they won't be doing something. The only reason they do this is to get some kind of agreement with their opinion which almost NEVER happens. Its like people announcing they are leaving a facebook group or something. No one cares.
    wizzyy
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 07:22:10 (permalink)
    MrMichaelJames
    I don't understand why people "announce" they won't be doing something. The only reason they do this is to get some kind of agreement with their opinion which almost NEVER happens. Its like people announcing they are leaving a facebook group or something. No one cares.

I'm looking for others opinion to see if i missed something or if they know more about the topic which would help me understand it better. 

I'm also curious though. Forum is a place where u discuss things right?
    You got different categories, topics which helps people to stay within a topic yet people like u taking their time to write something completely off topic which doesn't move the conversation ahead in any way. 
    What are you trying to achieve here?
    Bcassiman
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 146
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 07:25:42 (permalink)
    wizzyy
    gravedigger78
    More for the rest of us

Bcassiman
    Cool man cya

Thanks for your contribution. 

Thanks for declaring your lack of purchase and thirst for attention instead of simply purchasing elsewhere. Have a good day bud. Enjoy your Zotac.
    anarchy998
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3051
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 07:29:18 (permalink)
    wizzyy
    MrMichaelJames

I'm looking for others opinion to see if i missed something or if they know more about the topic which would help me understand it better. 

You got different categories, topics which helps people to stay within a topic yet people like u taking their time to write something completely off topic which doesn't move the conversation ahead in any way. 

I'm seriously wondering how you got by before youtube or social media was a thing. Go with whatever company you want but in my experience nobody beats EVGA. Even if their card is a little bit more expensive you get their warranty which is top notch. And you get the stepup program. Nobody else offers that. Customer service, which nvidia doesn't really have.

i9 12900k
    Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 64gb
    WD Black SN850 1tb NVME
    Corsair 7000D Airflow
    EVGA 1200 P3 psu
    EVGA Nu Audio Pro
    Corsair H150i 360 Elite Capellix

Huntercyril
    iCX Member
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 07:39:09 (permalink)
    You're free to think what you want, Wizzyy. My opinion is that EVGA is the only brand (with Asus potentially) that won the rushed release of RTX 3000 Series, because they took time for their higher tier card, are able to fix whatever issue would still persist, are able to answer to their customer fast (Thanks Jacob !).

Some other brands might have sold more. But they now face issues where they might need to provide support / potential RMA's in huge quantities because of wanting to sell more at first batch, despite issues not being fixed or even not being known (you might say NVIDIA's fault and I would agree partially on that, still brands weren't obliged to rush, they chose to). Doesn't really matter who's fault is it, people are going to be salty about a 700$ card. 

No product is perfect. But EVGA showed that :
    - They cared enough to delay their higher tier card that weren't ready, in order for them to be ready without issues
    - They heard the customers that said the red accent was bad, and found / are findind solutions to replace it. And every EVGA customer will be eligible to get a replacement color / shroud (depending on the solution they choose) free of charge.
    - They care enough to maintain a very responsive and day to day customer experience with Jacob sometimes still answering people at almost midnight.
    - They provided a hotfix that you mentioned for the fans in a day, which is fast. 
    - They still were able to deliver cards, even pre-production ones, to reviewers, and that some in fact got huge overclocks at some point, telling that they are good cards. The fact they needed drivers what Nvidia's fault, not their own.

For these reasons, they showed me they were / are all-in for the "fastest"* and best experience I can get with an RTX 3000 Series.
    *I don't ask for more, except just being able to buy my card now. 

Edit : Btw, pre-order or ordering day one is being a beta tester. That's true for cars, for games, for computer stuff, etc. That's the nature of the world now. You don't want that, then don't buy the first batch, wait for revisions and products to be fixed. Or don't, and accept the consequences of the impatience to wait.
    post edited by Huntercyril - 2020/09/30 07:42:32
    chrisk11
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 07:48:26 (permalink)
    People of the world have lost there frickn minds!

wizzyy??

C'mon -> EVGA has done a fantastic job of being proactive and transparent about everything.  
    PS:  If you haven't noticed, we are still in the middle of a pandemic!  Hats off to EVGA!

Intel Core i9-9900K 5Ghz
    Z390-AORUS-ULTRA
    G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB
    RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA
    MrMichaelJames
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 229
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 07:53:00 (permalink)
    wizzyy
    MrMichaelJames

I'm curious what YOU are trying to achieve. You already stated that you are seeking others opinions on the topic of NOT choosing something in a company run forum about that very thing you are choosing not to do. Think about that. You are seeking someone to justify your opinion for you instead of making the decision yourself which according to your post you already did which pretty much negates the reason to post anything in the first place. Sometimes you just need to write a post but not actually submit it. Its like walking to the door of a building and loudly declaring that you are leaving...ok? So? Want a cookie?
    Huntercyril
    iCX Member
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 08:09:22 (permalink)
    MrMichaelJames
    So? Want a cookie?

I think it's more a matter of form vs content. If the thread was intended as a question mark for other people who might consider not buying EVGA, it might have went somewhere interesting. But being a simple statement with his point of view of events doesn't offer much leeway to discussion for others, except " You're wrong " or " You're right ".
    Gorno
    • Total Posts : 41
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 08:25:34 (permalink)
    And here I was expecting a thread about not wanting spend money on a GPU that wears lipstick.

i9 9900k @ 5.2 ghz, 1.264v
    EVGA Z390 FTW
    EVGA RTX 3090 xc3 hybrid
    32gb Trident Z 3200 cl14
    Alphacool Eisbaer 420, with noctua NF-A14s
    2tbs samsung 860 SSD storage
    500gb samsung 970 nvme storage
    4tb WD black HDD storage
    EVGA G3 850w psu
    Phanteks P600s
    EVGA_JacobF
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 16946
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 08:26:15 (permalink)
    There are several XC3 reviews out now as you can see from Jay or video below. There are also FTW3 cards in the hands of the reviewers, as you know we delayed the production to narrow down and find the root cause of the 6 POSCAP issue so expect to see more reviews soon.

arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6916
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 08:32:30 (permalink)
    EVGA_JacobF
    There are several XC3 reviews out now as you can see from Jay or video below. There are also FTW3 cards in the hands of the reviewers, as you know we delayed the production to narrow down and find the root cause of the 6 POSCAP issue so expect to see more reviews soon.

Jack-Rabbit
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 163
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 08:39:50 (permalink)
    wizzyy
    MrMichaelJames

Wizzy everyone gets to make a choice of which brand they want to support.  But when you title a port with 'Reason why i won't go with EVGA', it is actually not that great.  Like everyone else, I wanted to get my hands on a 3080 or 3090 FE just cause they look sleek.  Seeing as every single card online disappeared and is not available and there are reviews from different people stating one brand is better then another for what ever reason.

So just to continue your discussion, I was looking at ASUS prior to EVGA, and then I saw something about the Step-Up program they have, that in itself is unique.  Also the base warranty on EVGA is just 3 years like other brands, but there is one difference, I get to extend the warranty on the card, which is really awesome, other brands don't do that.  Once I saw the Step-Up program, I figured it is good to go with EVGA, I can order a cheaper 2070S and get in line for a 3080, and use the 2070S instead of a 1070 for now.  It is a win-win situation, plus an extended warranty to boot.  From what I have seen from EVGA, their customer service is better then most brands and has a good warranty as well.

If you are only worried about ~10% performance, it is still better then any 2080ti...

_7ucky_
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 116
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 09:06:43 (permalink)
    Jack-RabbitOnce I saw the Step-Up program, I figured it is good to go with EVGA, I can order a cheaper 2070S and get in line for a 3080, and use the 2070S instead of a 1070 for now.

Sorry to veer off-topic, but... I am curious about this. Does the Step-Up program work even if there are no cards in stock or may not be over the entire 90-day period of your "window"? Just curious what the steps (ha!) are to take advantage of this.

I have an entirely new build just about ready to go to replace my current 8-year old GTX 680 build that's on its last legs, but the final component needed is a new GPU. I was waiting for the 30 series to come out and had such a great experience with my current EVGA card, I wanted to go for a FTW, but at the rate these cards are selling out, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get one in a reasonable timeframe.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900k @5.1Ghz
    GPU: RTX EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB
    RAM: 2x 16GB CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO (3200)
    SSDs: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
    Monitor: Acer Predator X34P (120hz TN)
    Jack-Rabbit
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 09:31:41 (permalink)
    _7ucky_
    Jack-RabbitOnce I saw the Step-Up program, I figured it is good to go with EVGA, I can order a cheaper 2070S and get in line for a 3080, and use the 2070S instead of a 1070 for now.

Sorry to veer off-topic, but... I am curious about this. Does the Step-Up program work even if there are no cards in stock or may not be over the entire 90-day period of your "window"? Just curious what the steps (ha!) are to take advantage of this.

I have an entirely new build just about ready to go to replace my current 8-year old GTX 680 build that's on its last legs, but the final component needed is a new GPU. I was waiting for the 30 series to come out and had such a great experience with my current EVGA card, I wanted to go for a FTW, but at the rate these cards are selling out, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get one in a reasonable timeframe.
    Yes it does work as one of the reps said it could take 1 week to 6 months for the upgraded card.

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 09:39:42 (permalink)
    I see the OP is still lurking to see how well his flypaper post is working. Every single one of these type threads is made to feed the need for attention. If it were to be informative, it would have been more accurate and less bombast. And please, stop typing like a child and use the entire word. u get me?

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

brimlock
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 10:00:13 (permalink)
    This thread reads like a bait troll using what he knows will trigger people, to get information to prove whether or not what he actually thinks about EVGA is right or wrong.
    wizzyy
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 10:02:52 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    I see the OP is still lurking to see how well his flypaper post is working. Every single one of these type threads is made to feed the need for attention. If it were to be informative, it would have been more accurate and less bombast. And please, stop typing like a child and use the entire word. u get me?

Seems like i managed to get your attention. Wouldn't you call that a success? 
    thegreattonge
    • Total Posts : 39
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 10:08:43 (permalink)
    No one cares
    Jack-Rabbit
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 10:10:07 (permalink)
    wizzyy
    HeavyHemi

Seems like i managed to get your attention. Wouldn't you call that a success? 

Sounds like it did, sorta like the transit bus seats that say: "You just proved bench advertising works".

wizzyy
    Re: Reason why i won't go with EVGA 2020/09/30 10:12:52 (permalink)
    EVGA_JacobF

Comments, like/dislike ratio should tell you there is something wrong with the video.
    Jay shared more detail without backing it up with any data, like it's dead silent but u didn't see any temp or clock speed hence why i said no reviews or they had been told to hold back. 
    Also i'm not sure what kind of woodoo technique Jay using when he compares fan noise/temp but i can say for sure its not noise normalized. 
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile