NIR_RimcYou wont be missed ;)
1) Yes, there is and was reviews of EVGA 3080. Jayztwocents made one. There's also various videos where, for example, GamersNexus got a World Record Overclock with a FTW3. And he made another one with the 3090 FTW3 too. They aren't reviews but if having an EVGA FTW3 card being world record isn't enough evidence that the card is good enough, I don't know what to say to you except than wait for reviews.
2) VAT pricing has been fixed. I can agree that this one was disturbing but since they almost didn't have stock in EU Store, it wasn't really an issue since you couldn't buy anyway.
3) They already adressed why the FTW3 was not released the 17th. They delayed the product launch, unlike others manufacturers who DID rush. EVGA didn't rush and waited for their higher tier cards to be ready for release. With Asus, they were the only two brands to WAIT and fix things before releasing. So you got that very wrong.The few samples sent were to reviewers a mix of production and pre-production cards, the few pre-productions cards were / are swapped because no pre-production design was sent to a single customer so they want the reviews to reflect their product. Also they needed to update VBIOS to be sure to have the best performance on the reviews
4) Reviewers aren't robots. They need time for testing, and time for themselves. If you didn't caught that there was a lot of news recently. Also, don't forget that EVGA isn't the only brand sending cards to reviewers. MSI, Asus, Palit, Zotac, Gigabyte, etc are sending too.
5) PCB pictures will come. You can already see the back of the card, some pictures are outdated, others aren't, depending on where you're looking. XC3 has one MLCC and FTW3 has two, any other image is outdated.
Most of what you're saying is outdated at best, wrong at worst (FTW3 wasn't rushed and wasn't released until ready, for example). Now, regardless of whether you will or won't go with an EVGA card this year, I hope I helped clarify things.
gravedigger78More for the rest of us
BcassimanCool man cya
arestavoEVGA pulled their review cards and shipped ones with a fixed cap configuration after they found an issue. An issue brought about by Nvidia not releasing full drivers to AiBs before they gave the drivers to reviewers (per Gamer's Nexus). No cards were shipped to end users with a bad cap configuration as per EVGA's Jacob Freeman.If you don't like EVGA making sure that they ship a quality product out to customers, and reviewers having the same cards to review as the customers have - we can't help ya bud. Enjoy your life and thanks for sharing.Edit: and FWIW, EVGA EU isn't the same group of people as EVGA US - it's almost like 2 different companies.
MrMichaelJamesI don't understand why people "announce" they won't be doing something. The only reason they do this is to get some kind of agreement with their opinion which almost NEVER happens. Its like people announcing they are leaving a facebook group or something. No one cares.
wizzyygravedigger78More for the rest of usBcassimanCool man cyaThanks for your contribution.
wizzyyMrMichaelJamesI don't understand why people "announce" they won't be doing something. The only reason they do this is to get some kind of agreement with their opinion which almost NEVER happens. Its like people announcing they are leaving a facebook group or something. No one cares.I'm looking for others opinion to see if i missed something or if they know more about the topic which would help me understand it better. I'm also curious though. Forum is a place where u discuss things right?You got different categories, topics which helps people to stay within a topic yet people like u taking their time to write something completely off topic which doesn't move the conversation ahead in any way. What are you trying to achieve here?
MrMichaelJamesSo? Want a cookie?
EVGA_JacobFThere are several XC3 reviews out now as you can see from Jay or video below. There are also FTW3 cards in the hands of the reviewers, as you know we delayed the production to narrow down and find the root cause of the 6 POSCAP issue so expect to see more reviews soon.
Jack-RabbitOnce I saw the Step-Up program, I figured it is good to go with EVGA, I can order a cheaper 2070S and get in line for a 3080, and use the 2070S instead of a 1070 for now.
_7ucky_Jack-RabbitOnce I saw the Step-Up program, I figured it is good to go with EVGA, I can order a cheaper 2070S and get in line for a 3080, and use the 2070S instead of a 1070 for now.Sorry to veer off-topic, but... I am curious about this. Does the Step-Up program work even if there are no cards in stock or may not be over the entire 90-day period of your "window"? Just curious what the steps (ha!) are to take advantage of this. I have an entirely new build just about ready to go to replace my current 8-year old GTX 680 build that's on its last legs, but the final component needed is a new GPU. I was waiting for the 30 series to come out and had such a great experience with my current EVGA card, I wanted to go for a FTW, but at the rate these cards are selling out, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get one in a reasonable timeframe.
HeavyHemiI see the OP is still lurking to see how well his flypaper post is working. Every single one of these type threads is made to feed the need for attention. If it were to be informative, it would have been more accurate and less bombast. And please, stop typing like a child and use the entire word. u get me?
wizzyyHeavyHemiI see the OP is still lurking to see how well his flypaper post is working. Every single one of these type threads is made to feed the need for attention. If it were to be informative, it would have been more accurate and less bombast. And please, stop typing like a child and use the entire word. u get me?Seems like i managed to get your attention. Wouldn't you call that a success?