EVGA

Hot!RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting

Page: << < ..26272829 > Showing page 27 of 29
Author
kiran1103
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/27 07:02:34 (permalink)
Alright replacement card on the way. Got a notification from EVGA. Will have to see if its a refurbished or a new one. Also I have a opportunity to swap it with Hydro Copper version. Not sure how much i have to pay but its an option. Should I do the swap or wait for EK to send the standoff and try it again. EK did respond that they are willing to send the revised standoff. In terms of performance will I benefit with EK or Hydro copper. I believe Hydro copper is by Swiftech. Thoughts on which route to go?
Mrostom
  • Total Posts : 94
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/27 07:24:12 (permalink)
kiran1103
Alright replacement card on the way. Got a notification from EVGA. Will have to see if its a refurbished or a new one. Also I have a opportunity to swap it with Hydro Copper version. Not sure how much i have to pay but its an option. Should I do the swap or wait for EK to send the standoff and try it again. EK did respond that they are willing to send the revised standoff. In terms of performance will I benefit with EK or Hydro copper. I believe Hydro copper is by Swiftech. Thoughts on which route to go?

Is the Hydro switch being offered by evga?
I think they Hydro will offer better temps however there shouldn’t be that big of a difference maybe 1-5c nothing more.
But the good thing if you got a hydro, if you would to RMA the card for any reason you wouldn’t need to replace the WB with the fan.
Just a thought.

KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1030
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/27 07:49:38 (permalink)
kiran1103

That all comes down to personal preference. I want to control and sync my RGB and it was much easier to do with EK.

https://imgur.com/a/qiGBxzE
kiran1103
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/27 08:00:19 (permalink)
Its not from EVGA but someone locally. All depends if I get a new box. Also agree with Kingenginerevup. I like the backplate of EK which is plain and still acts as some cooling. THe stock hydro doesnt do that.
ExcaliburXVII
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 160
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/27 19:06:42 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
Zion98
Nice build... I like the 3 rad set up.

Is your Vertical GPU riser PCIe 3 or 4?

It has a 4.0 riser cable. No way am I dealing without reseating it to update my motherboard BIOs. 

kiran1103
Thank you KingEngineRevUp. Hopefully I get a replacement card. Even if I get the new stanndoff it isnt inspiring anymore to try the WB. Maybe wait for a swap for HC version 

Just make sure you warm the card up. A lot of people aren't aware of how hard it is to get the card off if you don't. 

This is a comparison with the new standoffs. You should be fine with installing the WB with them. 

The new ones have a hex shape. 

Ouch, that first picture is cringeworthy. It wasn't so hard to remove the cooler from the TUF 3090, I wonder what's different.

Associate Code: 3KT9LJMFUXTWFV8

KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/27 20:04:37 (permalink)
ExcaliburXVII

Ouch, that first picture is cringeworthy. It wasn't so hard to remove the cooler from the TUF 3090, I wonder what's different.

The TUF has a separate plate for the memory IIRC.

The FTW3 has all of the memory modules and GPU on one plate. Also, thermal putty is more sticky than most of not all thermal pads. EVGA has thermal putty.
TheColossus_59
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/27 23:25:23 (permalink)
Sorry for interrupting, i can not right now answer PM (i did not post enough message in the forums).

I'll write down my case again for anyone interested :

I bought the EKWB Waterblock for my 3090 FTW3 Ultra from Dazmode website directly (and not from EKWB website).

It had an old version for the standoffs (only 1 out of the 3 was changed).

I then contacted EKWB july 1st directly from the RMA section, and they shipped me right away (free of charge from Slovenia to Canada) the new standoffs.

It took close to 1 week to receive it.

Since then, i did not have any problems at all, memory go at most to 62C (I am using TGPP10 thermal putty instead of the pad), and hotspot is always 13C higher than Gpu temp.
richard203
  • Total Posts : 76
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/28 02:49:23 (permalink)
1 more month for ek active backplate cant wait to finish my build. ^.^
rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3214
  • Ribbons : 21
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/28 09:32:32 (permalink)
TheColossus_59
Sorry for interrupting, i can not right now answer PM (i did not post enough message in the forums).

I bought the EKWB Waterblock for my 3090 FTW3 Ultra from Dazmode website directly (and not from EKWB website).

I then contacted EKWB july 1st directly from the RMA section, and they shipped me right away (free of charge from Slovenia to Canada) the new standoffs.

Since then, i did not have any problems at all, memory go at most to 62C (I am using TGPP10 thermal putty instead of the pad), and hotspot is always 13C higher than Gpu temp.

Thanks for the info, I also purchased my EK Block from Daz for my 3080 FTW3 Ultra back in March, but didnt have any issues at all, still running strong.
I paid retail for the 3080 so not too bad.

I will moving the Block onto a 3080Ti and started thinking about this, so reached out to Daz to see if he had any of the new standoffs, I'm disappointed as he pretty much blew me off telling me that EK told him "not necessary" (I think Daz just lost my 7 yrs worth of business (WC'ing gear going back to 2014) and will just go direct to EK). He went on to tell me to reach out to EK, well Daz you are an Authorized EK Retailer and I purchased from you, not EK.
He never answered my question whether the "version 2" marketing is meaning that the newer Blocks have the modified standoffs.

Anyhow reached out to EK Support, I'm sure they will get back to me.

post edited by rjbarker - 2021/08/28 09:34:25

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

ExcaliburXVII
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/28 11:36:08 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
ExcaliburXVII

The FTW3 has all of the memory modules and GPU on one plate. Also, thermal putty is more sticky than most of not all thermal pads. EVGA has thermal putty.

I'm not sure what you mean. The backplate? I believe it was all one piece. I can definitely see the pads versus putty, though.

KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/28 12:29:34 (permalink)
rjbarker
TheColossus_59

Thanks for the info, I also purchased my EK Block from Daz for my 3080 FTW3 Ultra back in March, but didnt have any issues at all, still running strong.

I will moving the Block onto a 3080Ti and started thinking about this, so reached out to Daz to see if he had any of the new standoffs, I'm disappointed as he pretty much blew me off telling me that EK told him "not necessary" (I think Daz just lost my 7 yrs worth of business (WC'ing gear going back to 2014) and will just go direct to EK). He went on to tell me to reach out to EK, well Daz you are an Authorized EK Retailer and I purchased from you, not EK.
He never answered my question whether the "version 2" marketing is meaning that the newer Blocks have the modified standoffs.

Daz isn't going to have the standoffs anyways. What do you expect them to do? Submit a ticket for you?

EK is the one you need to ask for the standoffs. I don't know what you were expecting.
KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/28 12:32:16 (permalink)
ExcaliburXVII
KingEngineRevUp
ExcaliburXVII

I'm not sure what you mean. The backplate? I believe it was all one piece. I can definitely see the pads versus putty, though.

https://www.techpowerup.c...0-tuf-gaming-oc/2.html

The TUF design doesn't integrate the pads and GPU on one plate. It's two different plates, think of it that way.

When you pull a FTW3 or Strix card off that one single plate, there's more of a bond because the GPU, VRAM and VRM pads are all on one plate. That's why the board can bend.

https://www.techpowerup.c...3080-ftw3-ultra/2.html

Warming up the card and twisting CW and CWW a little bit will remove it better than just yanking it off.
post edited by KingEngineRevUp - 2021/08/28 12:34:53
ExcaliburXVII
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/28 13:23:41 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
ExcaliburXVII
KingEngineRevUp
ExcaliburXVII

The TUF design doesn't integrate the pads and GPU on one plate. It's two different plates, think of it that way.

When you pull a FTW3 or Strix card off that one single plate, there's more of a bond because the GPU, VRAM and VRM pads are all on one plate. That's why the board can bend.

Warming up the card and twisting CW and CWW a little bit will remove it better than just yanking it off.

I think I see what you mean now, the separate heatpipe section on the GPU die side of the TUF, right?

KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/28 20:07:12 (permalink)
ExcaliburXVII
KingEngineRevUp
ExcaliburXVII
KingEngineRevUp
ExcaliburXVII

I think I see what you mean now, the separate heatpipe section on the GPU die side of the TUF, right?

Yeah, and the memory has their own plate, heatsink and pipe. That's why the design of the TUF is so good, it's one of the best designs because they don't combined the heat of all the components on one cold plate.
rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/28 22:13:39 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
rjbarker
TheColossus_59

Daz isn't going to have the standoffs anyways. What do you expect them to do? Submit a ticket for you?

EK is the one you need to ask for the standoffs. I don't know what you were expecting.

What makes you think he wouldnt have the standoffs.....? Hes an authorized EK retailer....wow...ok
I didnt purchase the Blocks from EK I purchased from Daz.....if I had I had purchased from EK I would go straight to them (like many times before)....this isnt my first rodeo pard.

I was actually expecting Daz (whom Ive dealt with for several years) to support his customers and his products he sells...remember hes an authorized retailer (unfortunately the only one here in Canuckland) .......in all honesty I was really hoping he had done some more research into the new stand offs....you know as in dig a bit with his supplier....
EK IS supplying modified standoffs and Daz is saying EK told him there not required...bs I say....he's simply blowing off a customer.
The other part that annoyed me was he didnt answer my question regarding version 2 QV's ....no biggie, my EK orders now come straight from Slovania ;)
I also have queried EK so Im sure they will get back to me.....

post edited by rjbarker - 2021/08/28 22:23:22

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/28 23:40:10 (permalink)
rjbarker
KingEngineRevUp
rjbarker
TheColossus_59

What makes you think he wouldnt have the standoffs.....? Hes an authorized EK retailer....wow...ok
I didnt purchase the Blocks from EK I purchased from Daz.....if I had I had purchased from EK I would go straight to them (like many times before)....this isnt my first rodeo pard.

I was actually expecting Daz (whom Ive dealt with for several years) to support his customers and his products he sells...remember hes an authorized retailer (unfortunately the only one here in Canuckland) .......in all honesty I was really hoping he had done some more research into the new stand offs....you know as in dig a bit with his supplier....
EK IS supplying modified standoffs and Daz is saying EK told him there not required...bs I say....he's simply blowing off a customer.
The other part that annoyed me was he didnt answer my question regarding version 2 QV's ....no biggie, my EK orders now come straight from Slovania ;)

So what if they're an official EKWB retailer? They're expected to carry obscure spare parts in their inventory when you can ask EKWB for the standoffs and get them in 2-3 days?

Does best buy carry spare parts to fix stuff when there are recalls? Like a bracket got revised for a TV, you think best buy is going to carry a bunch of spare brackets for the vendor?

Microcenter sells EKWB parts too. They're an official vendor, do you expect them to carry your standoffs for you if you called them?

As for all the other stuff, sure shame on him if that's the way the conversation went.
post edited by KingEngineRevUp - 2021/08/28 23:41:31
corndog1836
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/29 08:23:25 (permalink)
cbattung1016
Subzero30k
Hello i had a question i am about to remove the Stock cooler from my evga 3090 ftw3 Ultra and add the ek quantum vector waterblock

If the card dies is there Sure not a Problem whit RMA the card? And what must i say to evga then?

I was completely honest when I started my RMA process. Told them I installed the EKWB water block and the gpu won’t boot. RMA was ok’d and 4 days later, I receive my GPU in the mail. Rep also told me that if it happens again even with the samr block (with or without the updated standoffs), they will RMA it. They are aware of the issue and will honor the warranty.

Good to know i receive my RMA'd 3080ti ftw3 from EVGA tomorrow.   i also told them the truth about waterblock and backplate installation and i DO have the the updated  waterblock with the three smaller diamenter standoffs  from EKWB. Glad to know if it happens again EVGA will honor it.  Still cant figure out why i bricked the card other than it might be defective from the start . I used a hair dryer on low to heat the heatsink and removal of the stock cooler was easy (it came right off with little effort and no bending). this is my 6th Waterblock install so i am not new and never had a problem . i should have known to boot the card right out of box to see if it was defective before waterblock install. Guess this time i will Install the new card and run benchmarks on air first and heat the card and test for initial defect at the same time....
post edited by corndog1836 - 2021/08/29 08:32:06

1250w SEASONIC PSU  |  HAF X CASE  | 1X PHANTEC 140MM FAN - 200MM LED COOLER MASTER FAN | 1X 230MM LED COOLER MASTER FAN- positive pressured setup | 3900x AMD CPU--- EK BLOCK | LG27GN850b IPS  1440P 144htz MONITOR |  480mm(eternal) and 360mm RADS in push/pull | EK DBAY RESO WITH D5 pump |  970 NVMIE SSD 1TB | 840 EVO SSD 750GB   |   4TB Western Digital HHD  | 32GB(2 x16GB) TRIDENT ROYAL Z 3800MHZ MEM  with 14,14,14, 28 Timings |  ASUS x570 VIII Hero  MOBO | 3080ti FTW3 EK BLOCK/BACKPLATE.

justmyname
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/30 07:24:28 (permalink)
Installation EK-Quantum Vector ftw3 (new standoffs) and EK-Quantum Vector ftw3 Backplate on EVGA RTX 3080 ftw3 (SN 2014, Made in Taiwan, red lips) was successful. GPU run for the second week without problems with core temperatures up to 50°C and VRAM temperatures up to 60°C (after two and half hour stress test with electrical consumption 375W) which is about 25°C less than with air cooler. So for now, complete satisfaction. Thank you for all the tips that accompanied me on my first GPU water block replacement
post edited by justmyname - 2021/08/30 07:27:40
rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/30 10:49:57 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
rjbarker
KingEngineRevUp
rjbarker
TheColossus_59

So what if they're an official EKWB retailer? They're expected to carry obscure spare parts in their inventory when you can ask EKWB for the standoffs and get them in 2-3 days?

Does best buy carry spare parts to fix stuff when there are recalls? Like a bracket got revised for a TV, you think best buy is going to carry a bunch of spare brackets for the vendor?

Microcenter sells EKWB parts too. They're an official vendor, do you expect them to carry your standoffs for you if you called them?

As for all the other stuff, sure shame on him if that's the way the conversation went.

KingEngineRevUp
rjbarker
KingEngineRevUp
rjbarker
TheColossus_59

Just a little update. Received a reply back from EK Support stating they do recommend installing the new modified stand offs, wanted a copy of my Invoice from Daz, which I sent them.
Also replied to Daz's email advising of his mediocre support of the products he's selling (remember he told me EK told him "not required")....would expect a tad better support from him, especially considering several thousand dollars spent on WC'ing gear from him over several years.. 
Thanks to the fellow Canuck from Quebec that posted pics EK sent and the great info!
post edited by rjbarker - 2021/08/30 10:54:25

KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/30 11:37:11 (permalink)
rjbarker
Just a little update. Received a reply back from EK Support stating they do recommend installing the new modified stand offs, wanted a copy of my Invoice from Daz, which I sent them.
Also replied to Daz's email advising of his mediocre support of the products he's selling (remember he told me EK told him "not required")....would expect a tad better support from him, especially considering several thousand dollars spent on WC'ing gear from him over several years.. 
Thanks to the fellow Canuck from Quebec that posted pics EK sent and the great info!

I'm not trying to defend Daz here, but to be fair, EK was literally saying that for weeks, that you probably don't have to change the standoffs. You can see post by EK Jake, which are almost borderline denial that their waterblock was a problem. It went in stages. 
  1. EK said that people were damaging cards when removing them from their heatsink
  2. A user discovered his standoff touching a component
  3. EK stated multiple users have not reported the issue, which may be true, but they strongly felt nothing was wrong with their waterblock assembly (clearly there was)
  4. EK came up with the standoffs, but they said they didn't feel like it was 100% necessary (might have told their vendors so they don't send back all their inventory)
  5. EK NOW recommends getting these stand-offs changed, and that's probably because of the high success rate
I believe EK deserves the burden of the blame here. I feel that you are projecting too much on Daz. I've never bought a thing from Daz, so I'm not a fan or trying to defend them. But if you know the history of how EK handled this, then you should know they are mostly to blame. 

Feel free to read some of EKJake's responses here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EKWB/comments/n0355r/think_i_figured_out_why_the_ekwb_3090_ftw3/

And if you read through his post or other EK post, you'll see at some point they didn't recommend people changing the standoffs out if they didn't have issues, but clearly the standoffs SHOULD be changed no matter what. 
post edited by KingEngineRevUp - 2021/08/30 11:38:52
rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/30 18:30:27 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
rjbarker

I'm not trying to defend Daz here, but to be fair, EK was literally saying that for weeks, that you probably don't have to change the standoffs. You can see post by EK Jake, which are almost borderline denial that their waterblock was a problem. It went in stages. 
  1. EK said that people were damaging cards when removing them from their heatsink
  2. A user discovered his standoff touching a component
  3. EK stated multiple users have not reported the issue, which may be true, but they strongly felt nothing was wrong with their waterblock assembly (clearly there was)
  4. EK came up with the standoffs, but they said they didn't feel like it was 100% necessary (might have told their vendors so they don't send back all their inventory)
  5. EK NOW recommends getting these stand-offs changed, and that's probably because of the high success rate
I believe EK deserves the burden of the blame here. I feel that you are projecting too much on Daz. I've never bought a thing from Daz, so I'm not a fan or trying to defend them. But if you know the history of how EK handled this, then you should know they are mostly to blame. 

Feel free to read some of EKJake's responses here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EKWB/comments/n0355r/think_i_figured_out_why_the_ekwb_3090_ftw3/

And if you read through his post or other EK post, you'll see at some point they didn't recommend people changing the standoffs out if they didn't have issues, but clearly the standoffs SHOULD be changed no matter what. 

Yeah I got the standoffs coming, but in all honesty I had no issues with the Block on  my 3080.anytime I get load temps not exceeding 46c I'm stoked....in fact I have never had any issues with several EK Blocks and causing issues w Cards....I'm sure a number of the complaints were due to "noob install"..
...but the Ti Card is a fair bit more $$$ than the 3080, we'll see if I swap standoffs or not.

Would still like to know the difference between Version 1 n Version 2, should get an answer to that from EK soon.
As for D ...whatever, ordering direct from EK is painless and as odd as it sounds, shipping from Slovania to Westcoast Canada is fast via DHL vs from Daz in Ontario via Canada Post or Fedex.
When you were mentioning going direct to EK vs Daz, I tried that 4 yrs ago with a couple of 1080Ti Blocks that had machining flaws....EK sent me back to D....so yeah, he blew me off back then as well, I should have learned then.
Cheers

post edited by rjbarker - 2021/08/30 18:31:40

Mrostom
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/31 04:10:32 (permalink)
I have a question, how much did you pay for your EKWB waterblock? Whenever I try to check out the price goes up like %20 and it added $50 tax? Any ideas?

richard203
  • Total Posts : 76
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/31 04:22:13 (permalink)
Mrostom
I have a question, how much did you pay for your EKWB waterblock? Whenever I try to check out the price goes up like %20 and it added $50 tax? Any ideas?

ek front plate - $184.99
ek active backplate - $159.99

shipping - $44.94

thats for me im buying front and backplate for 3090
Mrostom
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/31 04:25:51 (permalink)
richard203
Mrostom

ek front plate - $184.99

shipping - $44.94

Yes these are the correct prices I see before checking out
You bought it from the USA correct?
I get
For the WB: $226
And for the back plate: $56 when I start checking out
Free shipping but $50 tax.

Thank you Richard!
I probably need to email their support, just wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything.

kiran1103
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/31 06:29:25 (permalink)
Update here. EK really needs logical thinking. For a consumer that had to pay 75 dollars to get a card RMA'ed and still get to hear after 5 iterations on emails to send invoice copy so that they can send 3 standoffs. Really. How frustrating. 

Below is their second email and next is they ask if I want to send the block back for RMA. I said I just need the 3 standoffs. And now the need of invoice. Its a hassle for me as I took it from someone and I am not confortable asking for a copy of invoice. If it was for RMA yes I will take the pain but for 3 standoff??? EK lost my faith honestly. 

Thank you for contacting us.
I'm sorry for being late! We received a lot of requests and we process them in chronological order.

you can see those 3x standoffs being smaller from others.

If you don't have them smaller, then I will send you new standoffs and a tool so you can change them.
3x 100845 - Distancer M4/M2.5x2.5 – HEX
1x 8907 - Imbus EK UNI
Mrostom
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/31 06:45:18 (permalink)
kiran1103
Update here. EK really needs logical thinking. For a consumer that had to pay 75 dollars to get a card RMA'ed and still get to hear after 5 iterations on emails to send invoice copy so that they can send 3 standoffs. Really. How frustrating. 

Below is their second email and next is they ask if I want to send the block back for RMA. I said I just need the 3 standoffs. And now the need of invoice. Its a hassle for me as I took it from someone and I am not confortable asking for a copy of invoice. If it was for RMA yes I will take the pain but for 3 standoff??? EK lost my faith honestly. 

Thank you for contacting us.
I'm sorry for being late! We received a lot of requests and we process them in chronological order.

you can see those 3x standoffs being smaller from others.

If you don't have them smaller, then I will send you new standoffs and a tool so you can change them.
3x 100845 - Distancer M4/M2.5x2.5 – HEX
1x 8907 - Imbus EK UNI

I heard some many issues with EK. I might just go with Alphacool or bykski. Anyone used any of these two blocks?
I have seen good online reviews.

KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/31 09:37:29 (permalink)
Mrostom
richard203
Mrostom

ek front plate - $184.99

shipping - $44.94

I get

Thank you Richard!
I probably need to email their support, just wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything.

Are you in the US? It's in stock at Spartan Liquid cooling: https://spartanliquidcooling.com/product/ek-quantum-vector-ftw3-rtx-3080-3090-d-rgb-nickel-plexi/

They don't charge taxes in most states. 
Mrostom
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/31 09:43:23 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom
richard203
Mrostom

ek front plate - $184.99

shipping - $44.94

I get

Thank you Richard!

Are you in the US? It's in stock at Spartan Liquid cooling: https://spartanliquidcooling.com/product/ek-quantum-vector-ftw3-rtx-3080-3090-d-rgb-nickel-plexi/

Yes! Oh that’s much better! And free shipping too! Than you sir!

rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/31 09:45:46 (permalink)
This from EK:

"If you purchased the water block prior to June 14 you received the old standoffs.
Version 2 is with the revised standoffs.
We will send you the new standoffs free of charge but you will have to replace them by yourself.
Please check out the picture below to see which standoffs to replace.

We've instructed our shipping department to send you the requested items via DHL.
We'll get back to you once we get the tracking code for your package.

Best regards,"

I just put in a substantial order from them regardless....good to know the anser to version 2 Blocks, purchased after 14 June.

KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
Re: RTX 3090 EVGA FTW 3 - Ekwb Waterblock install - Not booting 2021/08/31 10:14:11 (permalink)
Mrostom
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom
richard203
Mrostom

ek front plate - $184.99

shipping - $44.94

I get

Thank you Richard!

Yes! Oh that’s much better! And free shipping too! Than you sir!

The owner is really nice, he e-mailed my back at midnight and even went to check inventory for me! Sent my stuff the very next day priority mail. 

Page: << < ..26272829 > Showing page 27 of 29
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile