EVGA

Helpful ReplyRTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
nhguapo
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/04/27 14:57:43 (permalink)
rsogge
nhguapo
DavidJ5545

I took apart my 2080 TI Hybrid XC last night to try a simple mod to see if controlling the pump via the motherboard would be worth the effort. I ordered a JKtech 4 pin mini to 4 pin fan adapter from amazon for 9.99.

The tear down is simple. You just take all the screws off the back plate and remove the front cover screws.  The shroud easily comes off and the led cable is easy to remove. I found the fan picking issue immediately because the fan wire was touching the bottom on the fan blades. So that was an easy fix to solve that problem (the fan still clicks when coming off and on, so that is another issue). I noticed that the cable from the pump and vrm fan connect to a simple power source by a split cable. This was unexpected as I assumed there would be two connectors to the board. No matter, I added the new cable and ran it out between the two pump cables.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte X399 Aorus Xtreme. I went into the bios and under fan control manually set the pump. I ran several noise test and temperature test by custom setting the voltage to the pump. My conclusion is like most on the forums who have done this mod, any thing about 90% has the same loud refrigerator 

Do you just unplug the pump section of the cable from the board plug it into the modded extension and then into the mobo?  The vrm fan is plug in separately to the power source?  Any chance you have any photos of this?

Thanks!

Both the pump and radiator fan operate from the mini 4 pin on the card. When you unplug the pump from the mini 4 pin on the card and use the adapter to plug the pump directly into a motherboard header the vrm fan will continue to operate and be controlled from the Precision software.  The vrm fan is still connected directly to the card. You can unplug the radiator fan from the lead coming from the pump harness and plug the radiator fan directly into a fan header on the motherboard to control it separately.  I'm certainly no expert but this worked for me. 

Thanks for the response.  Man-O-man, I've been toying with this for days.  I disconnected what I thought was the 4 pin pump connector and ran it out of the GPU to a mobo header, but it turns out this was the radiator fan.  I'm able to adjust the speed of the radiator fan, but the pump still plugs away at 100%.  I hate that pump noise.  I'm about to take it apart again and see if I can figure out which wire works with the pump.  Seriously, it is the same pump as my Corsair H115i and I can adjust the speed of that thing through the Corsair LINK software.  It's silent.  I know it can be done, so why wouldn't EVGA engineer that feature into their crazy expensive hybrid cards?  I'll give them props for the 4 pin radiator fans though.  The Pascal hybrid 3 pin fans were crazy loud.
Medusa666
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/04/27 22:14:13 (permalink)
Hi, 

I just recieved my Hybrid Kit for 2080 Ti XC/XC2, sadly the pump noise is unbearable. I purchased this to make the card more silent, but is is even louder due to the pump whine. 

I can't PM you the serial number due to not having enough posts, but I would be thankful for any input on this. 

ikeike
  • Total Posts : 71
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/04/28 00:07:57 (permalink)
I'm gonna summarize your options:

1- Stay air-cooled and refund the hybrid (route i went with).
2- Connect pump header to motherboard and set to 90% or whatever to make pump noise disappear (not sure how this will have an effect on the pump/card in the long run).
3- Do the magnet trick on top of the shroud on the pump (research it here, although this is not recommended).
4- Get used to the noise.....
DavidJ5545
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/02 15:29:56 (permalink)
Sorry for the late reply but I've been very busy. 

Here is a picture of how I cleaned up my cards appearance after plugging the pump to the motherboard and the connecting the fanthe motherboard. What is crazy is I have the water pump set at 100% and it's a mild hum. Really weird in maybe it just needed to be broken in some.

I replaced the stock fan with a Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM.

I ordered Techflex 3/8" Split F6 Braided Cable Sleeving Wrap, Split Loom, (25FT) from Amazon for this easy mod.

"It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master." Ayn Rand
KingNothing300
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/03 22:37:18 (permalink)
Does anyone NOT have these issues? I just got an RTX 2080 Ti XC Hybrid and the noise is ridiculous. I can hear it with headphones on. Will this noise go away? The whole point of hybrid cards is for them to be quieter. This is quite the opposite. It sounds like a fish tank cranked up to 11.
Taidaan
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/05 08:15:44 (permalink)
KingNothing300
Does anyone NOT have these issues? I just got an RTX 2080 Ti XC Hybrid and the noise is ridiculous. I can hear it with headphones on. Will this noise go away? The whole point of hybrid cards is for them to be quieter. This is quite the opposite. It sounds like a fish tank cranked up to 11.

My 2080 FTW3 Hybrid pump was loud enough to be heard from 15 feet away, and louder than my house's air handler (which shares a wall with my office). Some of the Newegg reviews didn't mention the noise, but others did and were OK with it. EVGA support told me they know the new pump is louder, but were surprised when I told them the marketing literature says the new pump is quieter. They wanted me to play the RMA game until I got a quieter pump, but I'm not willing to risk a so-far-so-good chip over a stupid pump.

I'm running the "4-pin mini GPU to 4-pin fan" cable mod, but had to drop my pump speed down to ~70% before the buzzing was drowned out by the fan noise. I'll live with a max of 60-degrees C on the GPU. At least its quieter now.

There is also the magnet trick, but I do not recommend it. Hypothetically, if I had tried such a trick, I may have heard a subjective increase in the noise level after the magnet was removed. Your hypothetical mileage may vary. Also, magnets near electricity (and hard drives, depending on your case) is potentially damaging. EVGA support specifically cited that the warranty might be void if the magnet causes any problems.

I'd love to see an RMA option for just the pump, instead of having to ship back my entire card multiple times.
KingNothing300
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/05 09:35:41 (permalink)
Taidaan
KingNothing300

My 2080 FTW3 Hybrid pump was loud enough to be heard from 15 feet away, and louder than my house's air handler (which shares a wall with my office). Some of the Newegg reviews didn't mention the noise, but others did and were OK with it. EVGA support told me they know the new pump is louder, but were surprised when I told them the marketing literature says the new pump is quieter. They wanted me to play the RMA game until I got a quieter pump, but I'm not willing to risk a so-far-so-good chip over a stupid pump.

I'm running the "4-pin mini GPU to 4-pin fan" cable mod, but had to drop my pump speed down to ~70% before the buzzing was drowned out by the fan noise. I'll live with a max of 60-degrees C on the GPU. At least its quieter now.

There is also the magnet trick, but I do not recommend it. Hypothetically, if I had tried such a trick, I may have heard a subjective increase in the noise level after the magnet was removed. Your hypothetical mileage may vary. Also, magnets near electricity (and hard drives, depending on your case) is potentially damaging. EVGA support specifically cited that the warranty might be void if the magnet causes any problems.

I'd love to see an RMA option for just the pump, instead of having to ship back my entire card multiple times.

Thanks for the information. It's frustrating to me that I need to mod a $1400 card. Why am I paying a premium for something with an obvious flaw that could have been fixed? I was reading that I also would need to lower the voltage in the bios somewhere as well as dropping the speed down to 70%? Would the 4-in mini gpu to 4-pin fan mod void the warranty, give me less performance in games or reduce the lifespan of the card?
DavidJ5545
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/05 13:04:46 (permalink)
KingNothing300
Taidaan
KingNothing300

Thanks for the information. It's frustrating to me that I need to mod a $1400 card. Why am I paying a premium for something with an obvious flaw that could have been fixed? I was reading that I also would need to lower the voltage in the bios somewhere as well as dropping the speed down to 70%? Would the 4-in mini gpu to 4-pin fan mod void the warranty, give me less performance in games or reduce the lifespan of the card?

I fully understand your frustration with paying so much for this card. When I hooked mine up the noise was terrible to the point I considered an RMA. From reading the forums around the net, it seems to be a common issue. I do not think adding a connector cable will void the warranty. I did mine and it was really easy to do and no reason to hard mod anything. I would not recommend changing the pump settings because from what I read it's designed to run at full speed. I tested my card at 70 to 95 power settings and the results were from 3 to 8 cel higher than running at 100%. I decided just to run it at full speed and only have the VRM fan controlled by the video card. I have my Noctua 120mm fan set at 1300 rpm and it's silent. Yes it sucks to mod a $1400.00 but it is what it is. 

Looking back I would not have bought this version of the EVGA 2080ti. I upgrade my video card around every 5 years, so I generally buy what I consider the top of the line when I purchase a new card. I wish I would have done a custom loop instead but I went lazy.....

Over all my card is better now. Like I said in my previous post, maybe it just needed to be worked some to settle in. I've ran test and with the 120mm fan upgrade the temp hovers between 50 to 55 under load stress. I guess that depends on your case and setup. 

This was from playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider maxed out settings at 3440x1440 for around 2 hours.

post edited by DavidJ5545 - 2019/05/05 13:13:22

"It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master." Ayn Rand
grarrg
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/21 14:41:25 (permalink)
Hey all, I just swapped out a Geforce 1080 Ti with a closed loop cooler (Corsair H70) for a 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid. I paid the extra cash for a Hybrid to keep things quiet as my computer is in the living room hooked up to the TV.

I can't believe how loud the pump is. Even at idle it makes annoying hum/buzz punctuated with high whines. I've owned around 8 different closed loop coolers over the years and I've never had a pump this loud.

This is my first EVGA video card and I'm super disappointed. Has anyone had luck with a RMA or is the pump really this terrible? I don't want to be in a situation where I do an RMA it end up with the same problem but cant return the card for a refund.
ikeike
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/21 14:48:36 (permalink)
I've had a similar problem to yours, in summary an RMA will not help. This is not an issue with your pump, this is a standard in all pumps, its a design flow which im not sure how EVGA has allowed. 

You have options, if you research the forums you'll know what they are. To me they were not feasible, i ended up refunding the card and going with the air cooled version, didnt care about lower temps at that point cause the buzz noise was too much for me. 

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/21 15:23:06 (permalink)
grarrg
Hey all, I just swapped out a Geforce 1080 Ti with a closed loop cooler (Corsair H70) for a 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid. I paid the extra cash for a Hybrid to keep things quiet as my computer is in the living room hooked up to the TV.

I can't believe how loud the pump is. Even at idle it makes annoying hum/buzz punctuated with high whines. I've owned around 8 different closed loop coolers over the years and I've never had a pump this loud.

This is my first EVGA video card and I'm super disappointed. Has anyone had luck with a RMA or is the pump really this terrible? I don't want to be in a situation where I do an RMA it end up with the same problem but cant return the card for a refund.

Dont wait around too long to figure out what your going to do.. theirs only a 14 day return policy.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
lucidworld
  • Total Posts : 79
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/21 19:49:35 (permalink)
I would have pulled the trigger on a 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid awhile ago if it weren't for the numerous complaints about pump noise. I tried out the FTW3 Ultra with the 3 fans/huge heatsink figuring it might be a little louder than I'm used to (980 Ti Hybrid, super cool/quiet) but still with acceptable noise and temps. However, I found the air-cooled FTW3 Ultra ran really hot and loud, like 86 °C core, 93-95 °C mem with a +100/+850 OC under load in my MasterCase 5 case with 6 140mm Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans in a 70 °F ambient room. When I set the case fans from normal to turbo setting in bios the temps fell to about 77 °C core, 85-88 °C mem load, but the overall noise from the fans was beyond what I'm comfortable with (especially considering it's not even summer yet), and I ended up RMA'ing the card.

Being that I really don't feel like investing the money/time/effort into doing a custom loop, my options seem like either biting the bullet and splurging on the Kingpin, or buying a used 1080 Ti Hybrid on eBay and saving $1200 while taking a 35-40% performance hit. So yeah, I'm leaning towards the latter option...lol... The annoying thing is that I recently bought an Alienware AW3418HW ultra-wide monitor, and the 1080 Ti is really good but not great at driving that resolution/refresh rate.

ikeike
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/22 04:48:19 (permalink)
lucidworld
I would have pulled the trigger on a 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid awhile ago if it weren't for the numerous complaints about pump noise. I tried out the FTW3 Ultra with the 3 fans/huge heatsink figuring it might be a little louder than I'm used to (980 Ti Hybrid, super cool/quiet) but still with acceptable noise and temps. However, I found the air-cooled FTW3 Ultra ran really hot and loud, like 86 °C core, 93-95 °C mem with a +100/+850 OC under load in my MasterCase 5 case with 6 140mm Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans in a 70 °F ambient room. When I set the case fans from normal to turbo setting in bios the temps fell to about 77 °C core, 85-88 °C mem load, but the overall noise from the fans was beyond what I'm comfortable with (especially considering it's not even summer yet), and I ended up RMA'ing the card.

Being that I really don't feel like investing the money/time/effort into doing a custom loop, my options seem like either biting the bullet and splurging on the Kingpin, or buying a used 1080 Ti Hybrid on eBay and saving $1200 while taking a 35-40% performance hit. So yeah, I'm leaning towards the latter option...lol... The annoying thing is that I recently bought an Alienware AW3418HW ultra-wide monitor, and the 1080 Ti is really good but not great at driving that resolution/refresh rate.

There is something wrong with either 1- The airflow in your case (which i suspect). 2 - You got a bad card

Temps on my air-cooled 2080ti ftw3 ultra never hit over 67 core while mem temps maxed out at 82, with a +95/+800 OC. 
lucidworld
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/22 08:51:36 (permalink)
ikeike
lucidworld

There is something wrong with either 1- The airflow in your case (which i suspect). 2 - You got a bad card

Temps on my air-cooled 2080ti ftw3 ultra never hit over 67 core while mem temps maxed out at 82, with a +95/+800 OC. 

Hmm, yeah I figured the airflow in the case might be a possibility. Everything seemed fine when I had my 980 Ti Hybrid set up in a push/pull configuration as a front intake, but perhaps the case isn't so great for air-cooled cards.

That's the layout of the case, minus the hard drive and disc drive bays which I removed for airflow. So there are 3 front intake 140mm fans, 2 exhaust on top and 1 exhaust in the rear, with a Noctua NH-D14 cooling an 8700k @4.8GHz blowing air towards the rear exhaust fan. Apparently, some people placed fans on the bottom of their cases blowing air towards the card to mitigate the issue, but I can't do that in my case. Yeah I dunno, maybe I should look into getting a new case. Either way, thanks for the response.

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31001
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/22 09:18:35 (permalink)
I've bought scraps of self-sticking sound absorbing "rubber" mat from my local custom audio installer - when my case side had a resonance issue

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/22 14:04:34 (permalink)
New case.. time for full custom open loop cooling. Period.

Cards are getting hotter.. cpu's also getting hotter every release. Why hold off? Your gona go custom loop sooner or later.

Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
lucidworld
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/22 22:50:44 (permalink)
AHowes
New case.. time for full custom open loop cooling. Period.

Cards are getting hotter.. cpu's also getting hotter every release. Why hold off? Your gona go custom loop sooner or later.

It's kinda looking that way, I have to admit I'm fairly annoyed that $150 worth of case fans needs to be cranked to turbo for the card not to explode...lol...
post edited by lucidworld - 2019/05/22 23:08:39

grarrg
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/23 19:18:18 (permalink)
I decided to give EVGA a 2nd chance (not a great decision) and had amazon send me out a replacement card via next day air. Just finished swapping out the cards. The new card isn't much better. It still sounds like cheap fridge even from 12 feet away. Despite being in a soundproofed case.

I don't understand how they can sell a card for this much money and market it as a quite in good conscience. At this point I either have to do the pump mod or try see if Amazon will let me send a 2nd card back. What a joke, super disappointed.
pixel2010
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/23 21:16:52 (permalink)
I just installed the hydro kit for my ftw3 ultra gaming and the temps are awesome. Max under load is 55-60c but the pump noise is way too loud. It’s like a high pitch humming sound that almost pierces your ears. Apparently everybody has this issue as I’m finding out and I’m extremely aggravated that Evga won’t admit this is an issue. I’ve checked all the solutions here and none of them make any sense to fix it period. For this kind of money I expected more and I will be having discussions with Evga regarding what they intend to do about this. Clearly am rma is useless because you only end up getting the same problem again. They need to admit they messed up and just eat the money fixing the problem. Sure it will be expensive to rectify but this is one of the most expensive video cards in the market.
post edited by pixel2010 - 2019/05/23 21:21:27
JPS1982
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/30 11:39:16 (permalink)
I have the same issue with the WaterPump.. Even on Iddle the noise is really annoying. It's a constant high-pitched sound.
EVGA should release a BIOS update to control the ****ing waterpump as should be. 

I do not want to loss my guarantee open it just connect the waterpump to the motherboard. That can be fixed sure with a good VGA Mother control of the waterpump. Updating the BIOS.

EVGA TEAM please give your customers a response.. changing the VGA is not the solution because all RTX-2080-TI-FTW3-ULTRA-HYBRID are affected.

Intel i9 9900X @4.9Ghz + EVGA X299 DARK + EVGA RTX2080 TI FTW3 Hybrid + 32GB GSKILL 4133Mhz + Samsung EVO PLUS 500Gb + Seasonic 1250W GOLD.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/30 11:46:20 (permalink)
They are slow to respond to such a huge issue that seems to be effecting everyone.. why put up with it. The rad is too small and noisy on top. Clearly they dont want to slow the pump down cause then the temps will rise that much more.

Maybe their trying to decide what to do? Though handing everyone a free upgrade to a kingpin cooler isint on the table.. or maybe it is being looked at?

Are they just hoping to ignore and its cheaper to just keep sending out replacement cards to the ones that complain?

I would not be content with it.. reselling the card with that stock cooler would be impossible.

JPS1982
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/30 18:30:31 (permalink)
AHowes
They are slow to respond to such a huge issue that seems to be effecting everyone.. why put up with it. The rad is too small and noisy on top. Clearly they dont want to slow the pump down cause then the temps will rise that much more.
Maybe their trying to decide what to do? Though handing everyone a free upgrade to a kingpin cooler isint on the table.. or maybe it is being looked at?
Are they just hoping to ignore and its cheaper to just keep sending out replacement cards to the ones that complain?
I would not be content with it.. reselling the card with that stock cooler would be impossible.

I can asure that if you slow the waterpump at 80% at least no issue with temp and the noise will be acceptable.
The water pump should follow a temperature curve. At IDLE should be at 40% or similar. There is no reason to be 100% unless VGA is at very hard workload.
If not they have a heavy design issue.

I do not want a new VGA... I would like to have a BIOS UPDATE to fix this most fast as possible 
post edited by JPS1982 - 2019/05/30 18:33:19

Intel i9 9900X @4.9Ghz + EVGA X299 DARK + EVGA RTX2080 TI FTW3 Hybrid + 32GB GSKILL 4133Mhz + Samsung EVO PLUS 500Gb + Seasonic 1250W GOLD.
lucidworld
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/30 20:01:22 (permalink)
AHowes

Going from my experience with the air-cooled 2080 ti ftw3, I'm guessing that you're right, and the pump is cranked up to 100% all the time because EVGA's testing showed the failure/RMA rate from the memory chips overheating would be way too high if they simply released a BIOS update and let people adjust it to whatever. It's pretty clear these RTX cards run quite a bit hotter than previous generations, and a good number of people who bought these cards are likely to have less than ideal airflow/cooling setups. But yeah,  EVGA giving everyone a free Kingpin cooler would be pretty sweet...haha... Not gonna hold my breath though

sym30l1c
  • Total Posts : 48
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/31 06:52:23 (permalink)
I've been thinking of buying the hybrid kit for my FTW3 for a while, but the problems reported by so many people have stopped me from pulling the trigger.
Hopefully EVGA finally says something about this and actually fixes the issues that are being reported.

SPECS: AMD 2700x, ASUS Crosshair VII Hero, G-SKILL Trident 16GB 3200MHz, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra
Magneto3D
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/05/31 07:28:42 (permalink)
sym30l1c
I've been thinking of buying the hybrid kit for my FTW3 for a while, but the problems reported by so many people have stopped me from pulling the trigger.
Hopefully EVGA finally says something about this and actually fixes the issues that are being reported.

I feel the same ,I want to try Hybrid but not at the expense of noise. 

X299 Asus Prime Deluxe, Intel 7820x ,Corsair Vengence 3466 64GB ,Evga 2080TI FTW 3 Ultra on air , X72 cpu cooler,Evga Ti 1000w PS,Samsung nvme 970,960,850,SSD,HDD, Cooler Master C700P Case, Noctura ind. fans

dtgill
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/06/01 08:29:00 (permalink)
I had to send my hybrid in for rma and decided to buy a NZXT G12 and Kraken X42 the difference was night and day my computer is quiet and my RTX 2080 FE is cool. Pump on the Kraken is running full speed.

The pump on the hydro began to make a grinding noise along with the high pitched whine.

I am going to test the new setup for noise and if it has the refrigerator sound I am going to ask for at least a partial refund, it's ridiculous to pay so much money for so little return, and EVGA knows about the problem and acts like it's normal for the pump to sound like it does. 
post edited by dtgill - 2019/06/01 08:40:10
Magneto3D
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/06/01 12:30:18 (permalink)
dtgill
I had to send my hybrid in for rma and decided to buy a NZXT G12 and Kraken X42 the difference was night and day my computer is quiet and my RTX 2080 FE is cool. Pump on the Kraken is running full speed.

The pump on the hydro began to make a grinding noise along with the high pitched whine.

I am going to test the new setup for noise and if it has the refrigerator sound I am going to ask for at least a partial refund, it's ridiculous to pay so much money for so little return, and EVGA knows about the problem and acts like it's normal for the pump to sound like it does. 

Thanks for the info! I would do that for my 2080tiFTW3 if its applicable,I already have a Kracken x72 which is silent,My question is will this kit cool my GPU as well as Evgas Hybrid kit? Does it cover and cool all the card components as Evgas solution? My card runs great on air but I would love to cool it w water and dont want to go custom loop or introduce noise.I may just wait for Evga to revise there kit if I cant find a better solution.
post edited by Magneto3D - 2019/06/01 12:35:45

X299 Asus Prime Deluxe, Intel 7820x ,Corsair Vengence 3466 64GB ,Evga 2080TI FTW 3 Ultra on air , X72 cpu cooler,Evga Ti 1000w PS,Samsung nvme 970,960,850,SSD,HDD, Cooler Master C700P Case, Noctura ind. fans

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/06/01 12:36:36 (permalink)
No its wont.. unless you already have the hybrid card or kit and that that plate that also covers the memory chips and that other cooler can mount to it.

M1aSocom2
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/06/01 13:14:37 (permalink)
I use the Palit 124% Bios on my black card with the hybrid kit. Is that why the pump would be quite? Not really sure what I am supposed to be listening for. I hear the normal smooth noise of the 140 case/cpu fans running.
Here is the bios: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/208761/208761

2700X, Asus CH7, 32GB G.Skill Sniper X DDR4-3200C14
EVGA 2080 Ti Black w/ EVGA Hybrid Kit
Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler
Corsair 750D Airflow Case 
Samsung 970 EVO SSD 512GB, 2x 850's 500GB
EVGA Nu Audio card
Corsair HX1200i
Asus PG278QR
cobbettjp
Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING pump noise 2019/06/01 16:14:29 (permalink)
Same issue here - EVGA needs to address this.
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile