EVGA

RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra purple screen/lines

Author
tlacroix97
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/03/19 08:14:50 (permalink)
I'm not sure whats happening. I first got the card (RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra) a few weeks ago, ran shadow of the tomb raider at max in 4k to benchmark and it was fine, started the game up running at 4k resolution, and then the computer screen just turned purple with with purple/pink lines. I will post a picture next time it happens

It's happened sparingly thankfully, typically when the screen goes to sleep actually. I've played SOTR for 4-6 hours with no issues but not at 4k, I had figured playing at 4K was over heating it, ( I still don't think its a heat issue, I have my system watercooled and plenty of fans and am keeping it clean and in a a pretty chilly environment ) so I went down to 1440p. I am playing on a vizio 43inch 4k tv, and i have a display port plugged into a 1080p acer monitor for a 2nd screen ( no 2nd HDMI on this card, thought it was standard now because my ASUS dual 1060 6gb before this had 2 HDMI's)

This morning i turned my PC on, accidentally hit the reset button so may have been my fault, but the first thing that happened was it came up with a message saying all overclocked options have been reset because of a overclock failure i think

the only thing I have overclocked is my 3200 speed corsair memory and I have that locked to 3000 with XMP. i just turned it back on, restarted, and got the purple screen. I restarted again without changing that and its fine now.

Any ideas if this is my GPU or if its my memory and XMP being on? or what steps can I take to solve this issue before it makes my system unstable?

my specs:

i5 9600k
corsair RGB i115 liquid cooler
2x8 gb corsair rgb ddr4 3200 memory
EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra
EVGA 750w gold PSU
Samsung EVO 860 250gb ssd
sandisk 120 gb ssd
MSI MAG Z390 tomahawk

5 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra purple screen/lines 2019/03/19 09:13:02 (permalink)
    tlacroix97

This morning i turned my PC on, accidentally hit the reset button so may have been my fault, but the first thing that happened was it came up with a message saying all overclocked options have been reset because of a overclock failure i think

the only thing I have overclocked is my 3200 speed corsair memory and I have that locked to 3000 with XMP. i just turned it back on, restarted, and got the purple screen. I restarted again without changing that and its fine now.

"overclocked options have been reset because of a overclock failure"

That is Your MB giving that message .... your reset caused it

When your Vizio TV screen displays an issue @ wake up ---> power cycle the Screen, does the issue disappear ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra purple screen/lines 2019/03/19 09:55:13 (permalink)
    Have you tried another hdmi cable to see if the issue continues with a new cable?
    tlacroix97
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra purple screen/lines 2019/03/19 17:44:11 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    tlacroix97

"overclocked options have been reset because of a overclock failure"

That is Your MB giving that message .... your reset caused it

When your Vizio TV screen displays an issue @ wake up ---> power cycle the Screen, does the issue disappear ?

I have not actually tried to do that with the screen, I've only reset my PC. I'll have to give it a try when it happens again.. However like i said the first time i plugged the GPU in, downloaded drivers, restarted and played SOTR, it happened during the game, but not in a game since.

Sajin
    Have you tried another hdmi cable to see if the issue continues with a new cable?

I haven't done that either, I will give it a try, im just not sure if its the issue unless plugging the current one into this GPU it has a problem with it because I had it plugged into this TV into my previous GPU, so maybe its just an error with the new gpu who knows

JoeNieves
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra purple screen/lines 2020/03/04 18:22:55 (permalink)
    I am having a similar issue did you find the source of the issue please and thanks in advanced
    alexandermayes
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra purple screen/lines 2020/07/03 22:04:07 (permalink)
    Hey, there! I'm having a similar issue to this. Every time I plug into my GPU I get purple dots/lines appearing on the monitor. This doesn't happen when I plug into the MB's connector and these lines also don't show up when I take a screenshot. Additionally, I've tried switching out the coord. Nothing.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile