Locked[RESOLVED] Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
scottofazphx
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/01/22 14:39:58 (permalink)
Long story short(er)...had a 1070 burn its self out before Christmas. Sent it in for RMA as the card was only 5 months old. EVGA sent us out a replacement card. The replacement card showed up in an undamaged UPS box with a EVGA box inside(undamaged). Inside the evga box was the graphics card in an undamaged clear plastic sleeve. The card itself had obviously been dropped and had PCB damage to the corner. We started another RMA within hours of receiving the damaged card and sent this once back in.

Since sending it in EVGA has blamed everyone but themselves for the damaged PCB, even going as far in emails to state we where lying and that NO EVGA employee ever makes mistakes by sending out a damaged card.These emails have been going on for 3 weeks now back and forth about them blaming us, even blaming UPS for somehow damaging the card inside the undamaged UPS box. We have asked numerous time that our emails be forwarded to the upper management team but they refuse. So as of today, we dont have our original burned out card, we dont have our RMA broken replacement card, all we have is EVGA saying we damaged the card and we are out of luck.

All that being said...EVGA here is your warning, fix this issue, and fix it fast. If not, you can deal with the Youtube Video we will produce Specifically to show people the evidence as well as the correspondence emails on how you treat customers. Our Youtube channel has 500k+ subscribers and our twitter account has over 250k. You really want this bad press? 

Spoke With upper Management just now and they will be sending out a replacement card right away...Refreshing!!!! 
post edited by scottofazphx - 2018/01/22 15:25:22

32 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 14:44:40 (permalink)
    ChrisB@EVGA.com is one of the the people that may be able to assist you.

Please contact him with the email chain that you already have to assist you.

As far as RVGA sending out damaged products, just glance through this section.. there are plenty of damaged goods that get sent out.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 14:48:23 (permalink)
    scottofazphx
    Long story short(er)...had a 1070 burn its self out before Christmas. Sent it in for RMA as the card was only 5 months old. EVGA sent us out a replacement card. The replacement card showed up in an undamaged UPS box with a EVGA box inside(undamaged). Inside the evga box was the graphics card in an undamaged clear plastic sleeve. The card itself had obviously been dropped and had PCB damage to the corner. We started another RMA within hours of receiving the damaged card and sent this once back in.

Since sending it in EVGA has blamed everyone but themselves for the damaged PCB, even going as far in emails to state we where lying and that NO EVGA employee ever makes mistakes by sending out a damaged card.These emails have been going on for 3 weeks now back and forth about them blaming us, even blaming UPS for somehow damaging the card inside the undamaged UPS box. We have asked numerous time that our emails be forwarded to the upper management team but they refuse. So as of today, we dont have our original burned out card, we dont have our RMA broken replacement card, all we have is EVGA saying we damaged the card and we are out of luck.

All that being said...EVGA here is your warning, fix this issue, and fix it fast. If not, you can deal with the Youtube Video we will produce Specifically to show people the evidence as well as the correspondence emails on how you treat customers. Our Youtube channel has 500k+ subscribers and our twitter account has over 250k. You really want this bad press? 

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

scottofazphx
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 14:48:32 (permalink)
    I forwarded to him as well now, thank you. Yes its amazing, They have blamed everyone but them selves. Hopefully they resolve, we have since replaced the card since it was in a workstation but this is more principle now. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 14:51:13 (permalink)
    Principle wins. I would do the same way. I would go as far as encouraging an actual unboxing to send to evga and show them in the future that products have arrived damaged.

If and when they send a new card, definitely get pictures of the box and complete unpackaging process. I know it sounds dumb, but it doesn’t hurt to protect yourself from claims like this.

I have asked the moderators to get you some assistance, and to move this to the warranty section as well.
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 14:53:15 (permalink)
    Wow, I would like to see that video if you create one. Please, post a link here if it comes to that. 
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 14:55:33 (permalink)
    scottofazphx
    I forwarded to him as well now, thank you. Yes its amazing, They have blamed everyone but them selves. Hopefully they resolve, we have since replaced the card since it was in a workstation but this is more principle now. 

What's the principle? There's a chain between you and EVGA. Neither of you can prove which link in the chain resulted in the damage.  You're asking them to accept fault as fact when all you can assert is that it isn't your fault. If you've replaced the GPU under warranty,  what's the issue? Perhaps EVGA should make images of every GPU as it's placed in it's packaging?

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

scottofazphx
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 14:56:49 (permalink)
    You got it, i will Definitely post the link, probably everywhere.... Never figured would have been accused of lying about an RMA and then they accused UPS of damage. Video should be fun, and we are a professional production house so ill make sure to get my point across about the quality of the customer service we received, or lack of.

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 14:59:33 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    scottofazphx

What's the principle? There's a chain between you and EVGA. Neither of you can prove which link in the chain resulted in the damage.  You're asking them to accept fault as fact when all you can assert is that it isn't your fault. If you've replaced the GPU under warranty,  what's the issue? Perhaps EVGA should make images of every GPU as it's placed in it's packaging?

Maybe but at what Cost?

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 14:59:54 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    scottofazphx

What's the principle? There's a chain between you and EVGA. Neither of you can prove which link in the chain resulted in the damage.  You're asking them to accept fault as fact when all you can assert is that it isn't your fault. If you've replaced the GPU under warranty,  what's the issue?

Seriously??? The issue is they replaced a broken gpu and received a damaged one in return. Do an RMA and receive a physically broken card and don’t come ask for help.... just accept that evga refuses to fix the fact that the card was sent to you physically damaged.

Evga now has a history of sending out completely messed up cards. This isn’t something new. People have received busted coolers, scratched coolers, twisted coolers, hybrids with the radiator fins closed off from damage. Evga seems to be throwing any parts out that are on the shelf no matter the condition, and it needs to stop. Minor damage is one thing. A scratch on the shroud is fine... a damaged pcb... get over yourself.

And yes, EVGA probably has everything on camera, so they should take pictures of the product before it is sent out.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/01/22 15:02:26
    scottofazphx
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 15:01:40 (permalink)
    @HeavyHemi No they did not replace the GPU, we went out and purchased another GPU. We have pictures of the GPU when it was opened, we have pictures of the plastic casing without the damage. This is WHY i will be making a video, to show people EVGA did everything in there power to avoid covering this RMA. Think about this, if your a company and dont want to cover warranty repairs....just send out a damaged gpu and blame everyone but yourself. Especially with the cost and supply of GPU's these days. I dont expect everyone on here to agree with me...that is until EVGA screws you as well. 

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 15:02:46 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    HeavyHemi
    scottofazphx

Maybe but at what Cost?

I don't know. These 'threat threads' grandstanding crack me up. Yes it is annoying to get a damaged product. Too claim you're going to waste professional resources producing a video over it stretches credulity.

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 15:03:37 (permalink)
    scottofazphx
    @HeavyHemi No they did not replace the GPU, we went out and purchased another GPU. We have pictures of the GPU when it was opened, we have pictures of the plastic casing without the damage. This is WHY i will be making a video, to show people EVGA did everything in there power to avoid covering this RMA. Think about this, if your a company and dont want to cover warranty repairs....just send out a damaged gpu and blame everyone but yourself. Especially with the cost and supply of GPU's these days. I dont expect everyone on here to agree with me...that is until EVGA screws you as well. 

Well, how about showing us those pictures? Thanks.

scottofazphx
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 15:03:57 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    HeavyHemi
    scottofazphx

What's the principle? There's a chain between you and EVGA. Neither of you can prove which link in the chain resulted in the damage.  You're asking them to accept fault as fact when all you can assert is that it isn't your fault. If you've replaced the GPU under warranty,  what's the issue?

Seriously??? The issue is they replaced a broken gpu and received a damaged one in return. Do an RMA and receive a physically broken card and don’t come ask for help.... just accept that evga refuses to fix the fact that the card was sent to you physically damaged.

Evga now has a history of sending out completely messed up cards. This isn’t something new. People have received busted coolers, scratched coolers, twisted coolers, hybrids with the radiator fins closed off from damage. Evga seems to be throwing any parts out that are on the shelf no matter the condition, and it needs to stop. Minor damage is one thing. A scratch on the shroud is fine... a damaged pcb... get over yourself.

And yes, EVGA probably has everything on camera, so they should take pictures of the product before it is sent out.

Exactly why we will be making a video, We are not the first and will not be the last. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 15:05:08 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    bcavnaugh
    HeavyHemi
    scottofazphx

Maybe but at what Cost?

I don't know. These 'threat threads' grandstanding crack me up. Yes it is annoying to get a damaged product. Too claim you're going to waste professional resources producing a video over it stretches credulity.

Heavy, I have seen you ignoring a blatant problem. I hope that you do not receive a damaged card and want any help if/when it happens. Where is the threat? Asking for help. Been told they are lying... finding out they actually have proof they are not lying. Get over yourself dude.
    scottofazphx
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 15:10:02 (permalink)
    If i buy a different manufacturer that has a crappy warranty...i get what i pay for. When you pay for a product and partly pick that product over another for the warranty, you expect to be serviced by that warranty when the time and need comes.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 15:14:14 (permalink)
    Moving to Warranty Section

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 15:18:23 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    HeavyHemi
    bcavnaugh
    HeavyHemi
    scottofazphx

Maybe but at what Cost?

Heavy, I have seen you ignoring a blatant problem. I hope that you do not receive a damaged card and want any help if/when it happens. Where is the threat? Asking for help. Been told they are lying... finding out they actually have proof they are not lying. Get over yourself dude.

You've seen me replying to an anonymous poster making claims with zero evidence is all.

"All that being said...EVGA here is your warning, fix this issue, and fix it fast. If not, you can deal with the Youtube Video we will produce Specifically to show people the evidence as well as the correspondence emails on how you treat customers. Our Youtube channel has 500k+ subscribers and our twitter account has over 250k. You really want this bad press? "

Seems like a threat
    I've been around long enough and so have you so tone it down.
    post edited by HeavyHemi - 2018/01/22 15:20:10

scottofazphx
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 15:23:12 (permalink)
    There will be NO Video and No Bad press, EVGA has restored my confidence. Just got word after weeks of emails they will be replacing unit

post edited by scottofazphx - 2018/01/22 15:26:13
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 15:28:25 (permalink)
    I don't know. I received some pretty shady looking RMA's from EVGA. I had an old 9800 (I think that was it) that came back looking pretty bad... It worked and I didn't pay much for it at the time (was in a HTPC at the time), so I didn't press the issue. EVGA does send out some pretty bad looking RMA's on occasion. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 15:45:13 (permalink)
    Glad to hear that it was resolved. It’s amazing how taking to the forums typically gets the issues resolved nearly immediately.

Heavy, if it takes threatening a video or bad press to get evga to do the right thing, why shouldn’t someone utilize their resources?

I mean... a solid concept would be that evga not send out busted replacements to start with. In the past, they use to help the end user when this happened. Lately, they have been denying rmas for the absolute smallest ding, and then returning completely disturbing amounts of damages (as back by photos in other threads) and acting like this is an alright practice. That isn’t the EVGA that is known and trusted. THAT is shady business.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/01/22 15:57:35
    AHowes
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6681
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 16:52:51 (permalink)
    +1 certainly not the First time ive read about this in the last few months.. so not shocking. Must be how they deal with rma's so I believe it. If the customer got a normal working card why would they put up a fuss?

I know if make an in boxing video if I'd had an ems hit my house.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
    Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
    G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
    EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
    34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
    Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
    ShootingFlames
    • Total Posts : 26
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 16:56:06 (permalink)
    Glad you were able to figure it out. 
    post edited by ShootingFlames - 2018/01/22 17:15:46

2reel
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 17:00:28 (permalink)
    Panic Posting, but glad all worked out.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 17:32:34 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh

Panic posting after 3 weeks of getting shafted... ok.. maybe we should all go through a month long RMA from now on.

Its actually impressive how fast evga rectifies a situation once they get called out. Look at the psu thread from a few weeks ago. Everyone blamed the op for opening their psu, until they all realized their psu looked exactly the same. I guess every user that blamed the op in the thread should have their RMA denied on a lie too? No, these problems are posted because evga is doing something shady and the public needs to know to help keep thing going the right way for all users.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/01/22 17:38:28
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 17:44:13 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    bcavnaugh

maybe we should all go through a month long RMA from now on.

I just Did!
    But I think that this is only because of the Holidays and the first month of the year.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/01/22 17:45:25

ShootingFlames
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 19:00:20 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    bcavnaugh

Panic posting after 3 weeks of getting shafted... ok.. maybe we should all go through a month long RMA from now on.

Its actually impressive how fast evga rectifies a situation once they get called out. Look at the psu thread from a few weeks ago. Everyone blamed the op for opening their psu, until they all realized their psu looked exactly the same. I guess every user that blamed the op in the thread should have their RMA denied on a lie too? No, these problems are posted because evga is doing something shady and the public needs to know to help keep thing going the right way for all users.

Well the OP is a bitcoin miner and we all know how well they take care of their gear. 

2reel
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 19:14:41 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    I just Did!
    But I think that this is only because of the Holidays and the first month of the year.

Boo!!!! Holiday season is the worst for RMA’s.. hopefully you got a good working device back.

ShootingFlames
    Well the OP is a bitcoin miner and we all know how well they take care of their gear. 

Is that a reason to treat someone as less than another?
    ShootingFlames
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 19:29:31 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    bcavnaugh
    I just Did!

Boo!!!! Holiday season is the worst for RMA’s.. hopefully you got a good working device back.

ShootingFlames

Is that a reason to treat someone as less than another?

If they treat their gear like trash, yes. 

2reel
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Horrible RMA Experience so far with EVGA 2018/01/22 20:39:03 (permalink)
    ShootingFlames
    If they treat their gear like trash, yes. 

Did I miss where it says the OP is a miner?

As far as hardware and miners, they pay the price to purchase and they get the same warranty coverage. It doesn’t matter whether they mine or not, and if they are treated like second class persons because they mine, then a company that chooses to be shady will lose business and reputation.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile