EVGA

Question regarding RTX 2080 XC

Author
sobakowa19
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/08/22 20:25:10 (permalink)
So I got the card on a really good deal from a guy who needed the money... Ive had it in my build for near 6 months now, no problems really.  The average temp under load though is like 81 c which heats up my office if I play a game for more than an hour.... so I bought the hybrid kit and its getting here in a few days, I literally just ordered it.  Queston:  The slight OC i have on the card now using MSI afterburner... should I change it once I get the aio put on?  And what do I do about the fan curve?  Ive been looking at forums all over the internet and cant really find a good direct answer to the questions... figured id post here.  Also, does the mounting location of the aio matter?  The case I have is a Lian Li 011 dynamic and can support rads at top, side and/bottom.  If i put that aio on bottom is that gonna mess up anything?  Also, should i Push or Pull or Push/Pull with the airflow at the rad or would that make a big enough difference to matter?

5 Replies Related Threads

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Question regarding RTX 2080 XC 2019/08/22 21:40:08 (permalink)
    sobakowa19
    So I got the card on a really good deal from a guy who needed the money... Ive had it in my build for near 6 months now, no problems really.  The average temp under load though is like 81 c which heats up my office if I play a game for more than an hour.... so I bought the hybrid kit and its getting here in a few days, I literally just ordered it.  Queston:  The slight OC i have on the card now using MSI afterburner... should I change it once I get the aio put on?  And what do I do about the fan curve?  Ive been looking at forums all over the internet and cant really find a good direct answer to the questions... figured id post here.  Also, does the mounting location of the aio matter?  The case I have is a Lian Li 011 dynamic and can support rads at top, side and/bottom.  If i put that aio on bottom is that gonna mess up anything?  Also, should i Push or Pull or Push/Pull with the airflow at the rad or would that make a big enough difference to matter?

I would put everything to stock and start over once you let the hybrid kit settle.  I'd give it a few days with some gaming sessions before OCing it back again to make sure it's seated properly and the temps are where they should be.

For fan speed, you'll just have a single hybrid fan and a radiator fan to control via PX1.  Play around with that to your liking in temps and audibles.

As for your case, I'd strongly advise on throwing the rad in front/side of the case as intake of course, with the tubing on the rad returning from the bottom side of the rad so any air pockets get trapped on top of your radiator.  Putting it at the bottom of the case will ensure your air pockets get cycled into the pump, which isn't good for audibles and it's longevity.  Any level above the GPU's position is advised.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    sobakowa19
    Re: Question regarding RTX 2080 XC 2019/08/23 04:36:21 (permalink)
    Thanks for input, sounds like a good plan
    sobakowa19
    Re: Question regarding RTX 2080 XC 2019/08/23 07:24:10 (permalink)
    Oh also, (if youre still paying attention to this thread) is the thermal paste pre applied on the hybrid kit worth a damn? Or clean that off and use something else (recommendations?)?
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Question regarding RTX 2080 XC 2019/08/23 08:23:30 (permalink)
    sobakowa19
    Oh also, (if youre still paying attention to this thread) is the thermal paste pre applied on the hybrid kit worth a damn? Or clean that off and use something else (recommendations?)?

Some thermal paste comes with the kit enough for 1 or 2 seats but I personally would venture in getting either Kryonaut or MX-4 for your paste on both GPU and CPU while you're at it.  Make sure to use TIM remover or 90+% Isopropyl alcohol when removing old TIM and reapplying new.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Question regarding RTX 2080 XC 2019/08/23 09:07:10 (permalink)
    The stock thermal paste should be fine, unless you plod the cooler on and then immediately take it back off.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile