EVGA

Precision XOC update 4/3/18

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
brian91292
  • Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Precision XOC update 4/3/18 2018/04/17 12:03:06 (permalink)
Just uninstall PXOC and use afterburner, my PC has been running so much better since I uninstalled the PXOC malware. Custom water cooling FTW, now I'm just using bios to control my fans based off a temperature sensor plugged into mobo. 
bassfisher6522
  • Total Posts : 21
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Precision XOC update 4/3/18 2018/04/17 12:25:57 (permalink)
chrisdglong
AHowes
Whoever is working on pxoc seems to want to be fired. Pretty rediculous.
I always use Afterburner, Precision has been terrible since unwinder stopped making it, IMO.

How is it to use compared to X OC? 
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Precision XOC update 4/3/18 2018/04/17 13:27:25 (permalink)
bassfisher6522
chrisdglong
AHowes
I always use Afterburner, Precision has been terrible since unwinder stopped making it, IMO.

What kind of response do you expect? He said Precision XOC is terrible compared to Afterburner. How is Afterburner then? Awful, obviously (sarcasm).

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Gawg36
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 376
Re: Precision XOC update 4/3/18 2018/04/17 21:13:22 (permalink)
I haven't tried the BETA yet. Anyone tried it. Also what's new?

Generally PXOC has never worked properly for everyone. I have given up on it, but may try the BETA. There again without any info about it I am wary of it causing a whole new bunch of weird problems. Then come the work arounds - some work - some don't. Then next version, rinse repeat since PXOC for Pascal 1st release.

I had to laugh at AHowes comment about firing pxoc dev. Then I stopped laughing because sadly, he is correct.
It's at the stage now, that IF I try the new BETA, I will make a full system image first. Not just a restore point. That says a lot, and I say it because I know
I am not the only one with a poor view of this very very sad software.

I have suggested before, too many times that it may be better to start over. Now I am sure that's the only way to get an intuitive, effective reliable PXOC.
So many updates. It's like beating a dead horse. Start a new, better rename it too.

EDIT: OK found the right thread with a lot of info, detailed too. Over all not very encouraging sadly.
post edited by Gawg36 - 2018/04/17 21:28:19

1. Taichi z370. i7 8086k @ 5,2GHz Stable.
16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3,000MHz.
  EVGA GTX 1080ti  FTW3. Acer XB270HU IPS 1440p 144Hz Refresh with G-Sync. PSU Corsair AX850. Cloud two cans, and Creative T20 stereo. Realtek HD on board sound.

KarmNelis
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 239
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Precision XOC update 4/3/18 2018/04/18 00:42:43 (permalink)
Gawg36

Generally PXOC has never worked properly for everyone. I have given up on it, but may try the BETA. There again without any info about it I am wary of it causing a whole new bunch of weird problems. Then come the work arounds - some work - some don't. Then next version, rinse repeat since PXOC for Pascal 1st release.

I had to laugh at AHowes comment about firing pxoc dev. Then I stopped laughing because sadly, he is correct.
It's at the stage now, that IF I try the new BETA, I will make a full system image first. Not just a restore point. That says a lot, and I say it because I know

I have suggested before, too many times that it may be better to start over. Now I am sure that's the only way to get an intuitive, effective reliable PXOC.
So many updates. It's like beating a dead horse. Start a new, better rename it too.

EDIT: OK found the right thread with a lot of info, detailed too. Over all not very encouraging sadly.

I think there is something wrong with your system. Be sure to check your Windows.
I don't have problems with Precision XOC with every version it releases, also with various platforms of X99, Z97, Z270, and Z370. And I've been using both Precision XOC and MSI Afterburner, they all work as intended.
For comparison, MSI doesn't have extra thermal sensors, no custom fan profiles for VRM and memory. This is where Precision XOC being useful.
And it should be pointed out that Precision XOC needs Visual C++ Redistributable. You have to get the clean version of MSVCR120.dll.
And about performance, Precision XOC needs to monitor extra sensors and fan speed, with high polling rate, it requires higher system resources like relatively more CPU load and latency. So Precision XOC impacts performance a bit more than MSI Afterburner does. Personally, I won't use Precision's OSD, LED SYNC, and Kboost. MSI Afterburner is better at OSD with less framerate impact.
post edited by SilentMarket - 2018/04/18 01:03:03

CPU - Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
GPU - EVGA FTW3 1080Ti SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
Motherboard - Asus Maximus X Hero
Memory - Corsair Dominator 4x16GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
PSU - EVGA 1600T2
Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464
fetterEsel
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 264
Re: Precision XOC update 4/3/18 2018/04/18 06:30:47 (permalink)
SilentMarket
Gawg36

I think there is something wrong with your system. Be sure to check your Windows.
I don't have problems with Precision XOC with every version it releases, also with various platforms of X99, Z97, Z270, and Z370. And I've been using both Precision XOC and MSI Afterburner, they all work as intended.
For comparison, MSI doesn't have extra thermal sensors, no custom fan profiles for VRM and memory. This is where Precision XOC being useful.
And it should be pointed out that Precision XOC needs Visual C++ Redistributable. You have to get the clean version of MSVCR120.dll.
And about performance, Precision XOC needs to monitor extra sensors and fan speed, with high polling rate, it requires higher system resources like relatively more CPU load and latency. So Precision XOC impacts performance a bit more than MSI Afterburner does. Personally, I won't use Precision's OSD, LED SYNC, and Kboost. MSI Afterburner is better at OSD with less framerate impact.

X2. Precision XOC gave me world of issues on an SSD for the OS that was failing/dying. New SSD for OS and XOC is just as solid as AB is, odd enough, even these latest versions.

chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7220
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Precision XOC update 4/3/18 2018/04/18 12:30:02 (permalink)
bassfisher6522
chrisdglong
AHowes

I feel like it is easier to use. I have it running in the background and it is just that. Everyone works without issue. Every time that I try Precision, I come across some kind if issue/bug. I guess if you need to control the fans, then your only option would be precision for EVGA cards with that require it. 
Gawg36
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 376
Re: Precision XOC update 4/3/18 2018/04/20 23:23:32 (permalink)
fetterEsel
SilentMarket
Gawg36

X2. Precision XOC gave me world of issues on an SSD for the OS that was failing/dying. New SSD for OS and XOC is just as solid as AB is, odd enough, even these latest versions.

That's encouraging. (Still haven't tried the BETA though). @SilentMarket. You made good points. However I am pretty careful about my OS and don't have any other problems at all.
Still, I am not going argue that. I am building a new system which will have brand new fresh W10 on it. Might work well then? I have become a bit negatively biased against PXOC overtime so I should give it a another proper go.

@FetterEsel. Interesting about the new SSD. Currently using a 500GB Samsung evo 850. My new system is going to have a total of 4 drives. All newer Sammy evo 860.
500GB for OS and some programs. 1TB SSD for Steam games. Another for backups, and I haven't figured out what to do with the 4th yet. Not cheap buying that lot!
Just saying that as I'll give PXOC another full go on new system. I hope you guys are right! AB works fine for me, but as we all know, it lacks anything to do with
EVGA ICX 3 fan tech, pretty useless when it comes to anything to do with fan curves and the like.

Recently I have been running my 1080ti ftw3 just at stock, but with the second (slave) BIOS. As far as game performance goes it runs everything (like Doom maxed, Civ 6 maxed and a few other demanding games) excellently. That's at 1440p on a G-Sync 144Hz monitor. I set the monitor at 120fps max, and set games to run at 119fps max. Must say it's pretty amazing. I don't bother to monitor in game anymore as everything I throw at it just runs buttery smooth. Never stutter or any other nasties. So overall I am very happy with my system. Guess I should try the latest PXOC, but at the moment I've lost interest in OC and fan profiles as the default 2nd BIOS runs so well.
EDIT: When my new coffee lake beast is up and running I'll give it another decent go, but on current system I can't be bothered to OC the GPU - that's nothing to do with PXOC,
just running on default (with a huge CPU OC - of course!  )
post edited by Gawg36 - 2018/04/20 23:35:44

1. Taichi z370. i7 8086k @ 5,2GHz Stable.
16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3,000MHz.
  EVGA GTX 1080ti  FTW3. Acer XB270HU IPS 1440p 144Hz Refresh with G-Sync. PSU Corsair AX850. Cloud two cans, and Creative T20 stereo. Realtek HD on board sound.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile