Post code 00, no post

Author
azkiwi
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2010/01/12 13:04:45 (permalink)
Hi All,

I am trying to get a 590 SLi to boot. I had some problems with the board when new that slowly got worse until EVGA finally replaced it.

The second board had similar issues and they sent me a third unit. Today I powered it up on an anti-static mat with a new cpu (AMD x2 7850) Antec 500W PSU and a new stick of G.Skill DDR-800, and a Gigabyte GForce 7600.

• motherboard powers up
  • drives spin up
  • fans spin up
  • no beeps
  • no post
  • no display signal
The cpu and psu were working in another machine today. Display adapter functions on other machines.

Thoughts?

6 Replies Related Threads

azkiwi
    Re:Post code 00, no post 2010/01/12 13:47:59 (permalink)
    Keyboard doesn't even light up at power-up. CPU barely gets warm. Seems like its failing before it ever starts.

Was this board just horrible from the get-go?
    fattysc
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1549
    • Ribbons : 15
    Re:Post code 00, no post 2010/01/12 14:21:12 (permalink)
    You would most likely get more help here in the boards designated forum.

http://forums.evga.com/tt.aspx?forumid=16

Specs:
    i7 930 @ 3.6
    Patriot Inferno 60gb SSD
    Spinpoint F3 1tb HDD
    ASUS SaberTooth X58
    EVGA GTX GeForce 760 SC 4gb 
    ANTEC 750 WATT PSU
    KINGSTON HYPER-X 1600mhz 3x4 gb

azkiwi
    Re:Post code 00, no post 2010/01/12 14:36:14 (permalink)
    Thanks for your effort and reply. Seems like its a more generic problem than a specific one. Plus since its an older board, people only look in on that forum about once a week.

Maybe.
    azkiwi
    Re:Post code 00, no post 2010/01/15 08:04:03 (permalink)
    Just a followup here;

After EVGA finally replaced a board that had recurring issues that took out the OS several times, they sent me a 'replacement' with almost identical issues that I could never even complete an OS installation on. By the time I got through all the testing the things they suggested (including buying a new psu, swappng out drives, cables etc) the original warranty had expired by a few days. They said, too bad - you're out of warranty.

I thought it was pretty crappy to send bad product out to replace bad product and I told them so. Eventually, they were ashamed enough to send a second replacement. I exchanged a few emails with an EVGA tech, explaining all the work I had gone through to isolate the problems, and I even said I don't care what board you send back as long as it is the same socket and form factor. Used is OK! Its a backup light-duty system.

Imagine my disappointment then when they sent a board which will not even POST sitting on an anti-static mat with one stick of ram! Went to NewEgg and picked up an ECS for under $50. Sat it on the mat and switched the psu and ram and hard drive from the EVGA to the ECS ... presto! Booted all the way into windows.

Customer support says, "Based on those findings, the product would need to be replaced. Unfortunately we would not be able to issue out a ticket for RMA submission on this product as it has gone beyond its warranty period."

It goes without saying in this cautionary tale, this is the last EVGA product I will ever own.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re:Post code 00, no post 2010/01/15 23:02:52 (permalink)
    azkiwi

Just a followup here;

After EVGA finally replaced a board that had recurring issues that took out the OS several times, they sent me a 'replacement' with almost identical issues that I could never even complete an OS installation on. By the time I got through all the testing the things they suggested (including buying a new psu, swappng out drives, cables etc) the original warranty had expired by a few days. They said, too bad - you're out of warranty.

I thought it was pretty crappy to send bad product out to replace bad product and I told them so. Eventually, they were ashamed enough to send a second replacement. I exchanged a few emails with an EVGA tech, explaining all the work I had gone through to isolate the problems, and I even said I don't care what board you send back as long as it is the same socket and form factor. Used is OK! Its a backup light-duty system.

Imagine my disappointment then when they sent a board which will not even POST sitting on an anti-static mat with one stick of ram! Went to NewEgg and picked up an ECS for under $50. Sat it on the mat and switched the psu and ram and hard drive from the EVGA to the ECS ... presto! Booted all the way into windows.

Customer support says, "Based on those findings, the product would need to be replaced. Unfortunately we would not be able to issue out a ticket for RMA submission on this product as it has gone beyond its warranty period."

It goes without saying in this cautionary tale, this is the last EVGA product I will ever own.

In your particular situation, I think I would have contacted Joe Darwin for a final try at getting a board that works. Sometimes they will help you out even though it was only a few days out of warranty. Email him, and explain the situation to him. Also post a link to this thread. On the following link, click on his email link, and send him an email.  He has helped me out in the past with good results.  http://www.evga.com/support/

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    blazzin777
    • Total Posts : 83
    Re:Post code 00, no post 2010/01/15 23:09:33 (permalink)
    XrayMan

azkiwi

Just a followup here;

In your particular situation, I think I would have contacted Joe Darwin for a final try at getting a board that works. Sometimes they will help you out even though it was only a few days out of warranty. Email him, and explain the situation to him. Also post a link to this thread. On the following link, click on his email link, and send him an email.  He has helped me out in the past with good results.  http://www.evga.com/support/

+1 EVGA does not toss there customers to the curb

RIVE 3930K
    Ripjaw2133
    2X 7970
    2X 520 Cherryville
    Corsair AX1200

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile