EVGA

Nvidia EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra Constant crashes in games

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
TMC-TheDude
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Nvidia EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra Constant crashes in games 2021/03/25 12:09:29 (permalink)
I have an EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC that I purchased on 28th October 2020.

In the last week I started getting lock-ups during gaming and the only way I've found to avoid them is by having Precision X1 running in the background. 

The newest Nvidia drivers (461.92) are a no-go for me. The moment they start installing through GeForce Experience (clean driver install option) my system locks up and I get a BSOD. Current drivers (461.72) seem to be stable so sticking with them for now.

It's as if the automatic fan control settings in Precision X1 aren't saving into the GPU firmware. When I used Precision X16 with my EVGA 980Ti SC ACX2.0+ I could quit the application and the fan settings I chose would remain applied.

I note that only when troubleshooting this issue in the last few days did I uninstall Precision X16 and install Precision X1 for the first time, and I really hope that having Precision X16 set with what I used for my previous card hasn't somehow interfered with the way my lovely 2070 works. That would be really upsetting. The reason I was hesitant to install X1 off the bat was because I had a really bad experience with X16 when I first enthusiastically installed it for my 980ti - if I recall correctly there was some unintended functionality in it that managed to disable my LEFT-CTRL key or something, and it took some time before a software update fixed it. So this time around I figured I would keep using X16 as had been doing the job I needed it too by now.

Unfortunately I haven't yet test temps without Precision X1 open because none of the software I would usually use (HWInfo, Corsair Link) seemed to show the GPU temp. I will try using AIDA64 Extreme to monitor them though as I've just noticed it does show the GPU temp in there.

I'm sure we all can agree that in these crazy times we're in it's massively concerning if a system starts becoming unstable. The last thing any of us want to be doing is RMA's or having to buy new parts whilst there are so many worldwide shipping issues and semiconductor shortages.

Just chiming in as perhaps my issues are all related to ones previously mentioned here.
post edited by TMC-TheDude - 2021/03/25 12:27:08
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile