My Hadron Error Build

Author
shinkikaru
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/10/20 00:15:06 (permalink)
My system is comprised of...
Intel G3258 @ 4.0 on stock cooler, the Artic Freezer Pro 7 Rev.2 is on the way. Will take the overclock up to 4.6 ish when installed.
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 1.0... Sigh... thought I was getting the 2.0, but I digress. Lol, Anyone else do that?
Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI, reliable board that also has great I/O placement for this build.
Kingston Hyper Fury Black 8GB Single DIMM @ 1600mhz. Well priced and leaves a DIMM slot open for 16GB expansion down the road.
Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition fans to replace the stock exhaust fans. They are nice but after installing, i really didn't notice the unit being all that much quieter due to the loud graphics card whining it out, even at idle.
Samsung EVO 240GB + Hitachi Deskstar 2TB
EVGA Hadron Air, LOVE IT. It's just been so fun to build in. Love the look and style.
I slapped a Tek Syndicate decal on the face to give it some personal touch to it. 

What do you guys think?

4 Replies Related Threads

kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: My Hadron Error Build 2014/10/20 00:40:28 (permalink)
    Sounds good. My only point to make is I'd wonder about how hot your system will get after some sustained CPU+GPU loads, I eventually gave up and just left the side panel off of my Hadron Hydro. GPU temps dropped 15c easily and both the radiator fans + PSU fan were significantly quieter with it gone. 

With your system both the CPU + GPU will be blowing tons of hot air around inside the case so be sure nothing is going to cook under some heavy gaming or any other sustained system loads.

Nice logo... I really need to do something like that with mine. 

Have water, will cool. 
    shinkikaru
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: My Hadron Error Build 2014/10/20 01:04:08 (permalink)
    That's an interesting suggestion, thanks! Like the feedback. So far, my cpu temps have remained 50c and lower during long gaming sessions on Tomb Raider and Skyrim. I have been impressed what this case can do considering the air flow restrictions.

On a side note, I need to look into implementing some kind of dust filtration on the  lower mesh intake. I was thinking about making my own homemade magnetic screens. Any suggestions folks?
    kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: My Hadron Error Build 2014/10/22 02:47:51 (permalink)
    The only thing I can suggest is to test it out first, put something over the intake that will approximate the mesh and let the system run under load. Make sure the airflow restriction doesn't make the fans ramp up or get loud as they deal with it. (I couldn't imagine a filter on my Hadron, wish I could mod a fan intake to ease the airflow restriction on mine!)

Have water, will cool. 
    P0l0GG
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re: My Hadron Error Build 2014/11/10 14:20:30 (permalink)
    Hey shinkikaru! I'm planning on building my gaming rig in a Hadron case and I was wondering how your temps are with your 970 ACX since it's recommended to use a blower style cooler instead. I'm getting a 970 FTW and I would like to have an estimate on how hot the system will run with the ACX 2.0 cooler... Thanks!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile