Making a single slot 750 Ti?

Author
PHellary
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/09/02 09:01:31 (permalink)
Hi all,

I've been waiting for a while for Galaxy's 750 Ti Razor to come out but it looks like it might be vapourware. My friend has just ordered a new system and has gone for an EVGA 750 Ti FTW card to tide him over until the 970 launches in a few weeks. He was planning on selling it on at that point but I figure it might be worth looking into modifying that card into a single slot version instead if no manufacturer has come out with a solution by that time.

I currently have a Sparkle GT640 in my server that looks like this:

From what I can tell, the TDP of the 640 is higher than the 750 Ti so that cooler should work ok on the EVGA card. The biggest problem I think will be the rear bracket which is integrated with the cooler. Any ideas on how to get a 1 slot bracket that's compatible? The bottom two ports on the GT640 one might line up and the VGA one might be modifiable to fit the display port connector.

Any thoughts? I know there have been some threads where people have petitioned EVGA to release a single slot variant so maybe this will be of interest to you.

The machine this is for is a 1U server that sits in my basement so noise isn't an issue. I use it with an HDMI-over-Cat6 setup in my office as a server/computer for the wife/computer my friends can play on when visiting.

Edit: Ok, my friend's FTW card isn't an option anymore as I just worked out that it requires a 6-pin power connection. The EVGA 750 Ti SC should work though. I'd much rather go with EVGA cards (the 980 I'm planning on buying will be EVGA) but am worried about the bracket.
post edited by PHellary - 2014/09/02 09:17:21

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile