Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
HawkOculus
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 456
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/17 10:27:05 (permalink)
So, now we are doing RMA’s for operating temperatures well within spec (and actually pretty good) for a card that is going to run a bit hotter than other models by default because it has a less beefier cooler and only two fans?

And that’s after EVGA already sent you a card that is an upgrade from what you had?

This is why we can’t have nice things.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/17 18:00:23 (permalink)
Most users think that the Temperatures on their New RTX Graphics Cards should be the Same as their Old GTX Graphics Cards.
At best the RTX run up to 20°C hotter than the older GTX Graphics Cards.
Maybe EVGA could add to the Specs Page normal operating Temperatures 65°C-80°C based on Ambient Temperatures

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 177
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/17 18:44:24 (permalink)
HawkOculus
So, now we are doing RMA’s for operating temperatures well within spec (and actually pretty good) for a card that is going to run a bit hotter than other models by default because it has a less beefier cooler and only two fans?

And that’s after EVGA already sent you a card that is an upgrade from what you had?

This is why we can’t have nice things.

bcavnaugh
Most users think that the Temperatures on their New RTX Graphics Cards should be the Same as their Old GTX Graphics Cards.
At best the RTX run up to 20°C hotter than the older GTX Graphics Cards.
Maybe EVGA could add to the Specs Page normal operating Temperatures 65°C-80°C based on Ambient Temperatures

I'm not complaining about the temperature after making the correct application, the complaint now is for the heatsink that is proven warped, clearly if the heat sink was in the position could rather establish a better dissipation.

Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/17 18:46:26 (permalink)
I am not to blame if people have problems with their hardware but fail or do not know how to complain about their rights as consumers, often just supporting the brand or manufacturer does not bring us benefits.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/17 18:47:18 (permalink)
Sorry my comment was to HawkOculus

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/18 08:56:53 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
I will forward this up for you.

Is there any way I can try to undo the heatsink?
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/19 19:31:50 (permalink)
I am nothing, I am nobody, just another customer dissatisfied with the service provided by the company EVGA, when they exchanged my GTX1080TI video card for an RTX2080TI they probably already foresee the damage they would have if I triggered the special small claims court, so today I am still dissatisfied with the service provided because it was detected with the help of the EVGA forum moderator that my video card has the warped, passive RMA heatsink and exchange for a perfect product of use, but I received the response from the technical support of that even the product presenting a manufacturing defect is not entitled to the RMA, here is my example and warning for those who like to boast the brand / manufacturer regardless of what happens to your product, you should be less pulling bags and running behind your rights , if everyone did this the companies would improve the quality control sector of their products that today is equal to nothing.
HawkOculus
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 456
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/20 05:32:10 (permalink)
Get real dude. I honestly don’t even see how it is warped. That and the temperatures are fine - it isn’t affecting normal use temperatures at all. The Black Edition runs hot and all 2080 Tis run hot to begin with. You got an upgrade when you should’ve been given a regular 2080 and now you’re throwing a tantrum about it.

Mind boggling.
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/20 08:30:52 (permalink)
HawkOculus
Get real dude. I honestly don’t even see how it is warped. That and the temperatures are fine - it isn’t affecting normal use temperatures at all. The Black Edition runs hot and all 2080 Tis run hot to begin with. You got an upgrade when you should’ve been given a regular 2080 and now you’re throwing a tantrum about it.

Mind boggling.

The problem is no longer the temperature, the problem is the heatsink warped, this has already been seen and proven by the moderator so I think a simple member who looks at the brand does not have an important opinion, by people like you that the companies treat your customers as they do.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/20 09:17:34 (permalink)
Leonardohlb
HawkOculus

Mind boggling.

The problem is no longer the temperature, the problem is the heatsink warped, this has already been seen and proven by the moderator so I think a simple member who looks at the brand does not have an important opinion, by people like you that the companies treat your customers as they do.

He's right though and you shouldn't go insulting people. 

Your temps are perfectly fine, not to mention living in a warm climate.  RTX 2080 Ti runs slightly hotter than a 1080 Ti.  Nonetheless, you did get a nice deal.  Technically speaking, you should have been bumped to a 2080 but EVGA was nice enough to bump you to a 'Ti'.  That's freakin amazing and again, your temps look normal.

A screw is stripped or slight bend somewhere?  Does it affect performance?  No?  There's no issue than.

Here, I'll tell you this.  Call up EVGA and demand a step down to a 2080 from that Ti since it has a lower TDP.  You should see a slight improvement in lower temps but that will also depend on your ambient temp.
post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2019/07/20 09:20:21

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Tech_JoseC
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 383
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/20 10:27:03 (permalink)
Leonardohlb
I am nothing, I am nobody, just another customer dissatisfied with the service provided by the company EVGA, when they exchanged my GTX1080TI video card for an RTX2080TI they probably already foresee the damage they would have if I triggered the special small claims court, so today I am still dissatisfied with the service provided because it was detected with the help of the EVGA forum moderator that my video card has the warped, passive RMA heatsink and exchange for a perfect product of use, but I received the response from the technical support of that even the product presenting a manufacturing defect is not entitled to the RMA, here is my example and warning for those who like to boast the brand / manufacturer regardless of what happens to your product, you should be less pulling bags and running behind your rights , if everyone did this the companies would improve the quality control sector of their products that today is equal to nothing.

I responded to your ticket that you had submitted about your suspicion about the warped heatsink on your graphics card. In my ticket I did not state that in the present of a manufacturing defect, we would not RMA the graphics card. I only told you that the distribution of the thermal paste was fine and combined with your temperatures, there was no indication that a RMA was needed.

The heatsink is not warped, when the PCB is screwed onto the heatsink with the four spring loaded screws, that ensures that there is even surface area making contact with the GPU die on the PCB of your graphics card. The fact that the thermal paste looks to be unevenly applied, is due to when removing heatsink from the GPU, uneven marks tend to be left behind. You would need to do GamersNexus levels of testing to confirm if your heatsink was warped or not, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWu2tcm4wL8

I'm also not try to down play your concerns, you have every right to have concerns and raise questions to us. At the end of the day we are here to support but this is one of those times, where we don't believe anything is wrong. Your temperatures are fine, in fact you are getting better temperatures than me ( I am running SLI however but we can save that for a different story).
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/20 14:38:28 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
Leonardohlb
HawkOculus

Mind boggling.

[<font]

He's right though and you shouldn't go insulting people. 

Your temps are perfectly fine, not to mention living in a warm climate.  RTX 2080 Ti runs slightly hotter than a 1080 Ti.  Nonetheless, you did get a nice deal.  Technically speaking, you should have been bumped to a 2080 but EVGA was nice enough to bump you to a 'Ti'.  That's freakin amazing and again, your temps look normal.

A screw is stripped or slight bend somewhere?  Does it affect performance?  No?  There's no issue than.

Here, I'll tell you this.  Call up EVGA and demand a step down to a 2080 from that Ti since it has a lower TDP.  You should see a slight improvement in lower temps but that will also depend on your ambient temp.

[<font]

I said earlier that my problem is no longer the temperature but rather the heat sink warped, this is a defect since the product is not in the correct mounting position, so just because I received a 2080TI in the RMA of a 1080TI not do I have the right to complain about any possible defects that I find on the video card?

Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/20 14:46:13 (permalink)
EVGATech_JoseC
Leonardohlb

I responded to your ticket that you had submitted about your suspicion about the warped heatsink on your graphics card. In my ticket I did not state that in the present of a manufacturing defect, we would not RMA the graphics card. I only told you that the distribution of the thermal paste was fine and combined with your temperatures, there was no indication that a RMA was needed.

The heatsink is not warped, when the PCB is screwed onto the heatsink with the four spring loaded screws, that ensures that there is even surface area making contact with the GPU die on the PCB of your graphics card. The fact that the thermal paste looks to be unevenly applied, is due to when removing heatsink from the GPU, uneven marks tend to be left behind. You would need to do GamersNexus levels of testing to confirm if your heatsink was warped or not, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWu2tcm4wL8

I'm also not try to down play your concerns, you have every right to have concerns and raise questions to us. At the end of the day we are here to support but this is one of those times, where we don't believe anything is wrong. Your temperatures are fine, in fact you are getting better temperatures than me ( I am running SLI however but we can save that for a different story).

Here you gave me a better explanation, I did not disagree with what you said in my support ticket, I just did not agree when a forum moderator taught me to detect the heatsink defect and when I tested it it really is buggy, but in its answer on the support ticket did not propose the replacement of the heat sink warped, well I'll solve it my way, I bought an arctic accelero, in my country that is the second largest EVGA sales market does not have some important accessories, you could look better to us.
Tech_JoseC
iCX Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/20 17:45:23 (permalink)
Leonardohlb
EVGATech_JoseC
Leonardohlb

Here you gave me a better explanation, I did not disagree with what you said in my support ticket, I just did not agree when a forum moderator taught me to detect the heatsink defect and when I tested it it really is buggy, but in its answer on the support ticket did not propose the replacement of the heat sink warped, well I'll solve it my way, I bought an arctic accelero, in my country that is the second largest EVGA sales market does not have some important accessories, you could look better to us.

Do not make any physical modifications to the shroud, heatsink or any components on the graphics card. That will void your warranty.

Edit - Misread your response. Make sure to keep your screws, and all components that come stock with the graphics card. If you lose the shroud or any other parts, the graphics card cannot be sent in for a RMA.
post edited by EVGATech_JoseC - 2019/07/20 17:47:24
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/20 20:33:15 (permalink)
EVGATech_JoseC
Leonardohlb
EVGATech_JoseC
Leonardohlb

Do not make any physical modifications to the shroud, heatsink or any components on the graphics card. That will void your warranty.

Edit - Misread your response. Make sure to keep your screws, and all components that come stock with the graphics card. If you lose the shroud or any other parts, the graphics card cannot be sent in for a RMA.

I already have this information from other members here in the forum, I can use any heat sink as long as I keep the original in case of RMA, but an RMA because the heatsink warped is not going to happen, right?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/20 20:36:54 (permalink)
Leonardohlb,

The way I showed you is not scientific nor does it make it overly obvious that there is an issue.

The image you posted shows very little, if any, warping. All of your pictures are extremely hard to understand as you only post a very limited view. And will not show the big picture.

For anyone other than you, with the cooler in hand, you would need to show everything, not one component at a time. I would have to agree with EVGA and many others that there is not much of an issue since your temperatures are great. Pulling apart the cooler after applying thermal paste, and uneven tightening can cause everything that you showed in your images.

With the new cooler you picked up, typically users stick small heatsinks on the VRAM and VRM correct? Those typically use a thermal tape that has been an issue and damaged components in the past. Recently a user broke part of their PCB trying to remove the heat sinks off of their GPU. If you decide to use the cooler and the small heat sinks, know that you are risking your entire warranty if something gets damaged. EVGA has already upgraded you once, and if there is damage to the pcb while trying to remove third party components, I don’t know what they would be able to do to help you. You are already getting great thermals, and I would highly suggest staying with the stock cooler unless you are willing to risk it.
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/21 07:06:44 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Leonardohlb,

The way I showed you is not scientific nor does it make it overly obvious that there is an issue.

The image you posted shows very little, if any, warping. All of your pictures are extremely hard to understand as you only post a very limited view. And will not show the big picture.

For anyone other than you, with the cooler in hand, you would need to show everything, not one component at a time. I would have to agree with EVGA and many others that there is not much of an issue since your temperatures are great. Pulling apart the cooler after applying thermal paste, and uneven tightening can cause everything that you showed in your images.

With the new cooler you picked up, typically users stick small heatsinks on the VRAM and VRM correct? Those typically use a thermal tape that has been an issue and damaged components in the past. Recently a user broke part of their PCB trying to remove the heat sinks off of their GPU. If you decide to use the cooler and the small heat sinks, know that you are risking your entire warranty if something gets damaged. EVGA has already upgraded you once, and if there is damage to the pcb while trying to remove third party components, I don’t know what they would be able to do to help you. You are already getting great thermals, and I would highly suggest staying with the stock cooler unless you are willing to risk it.

You offer help and how to test the piece, when we test and we find the defect, you say that the way I did and the photos do not prove anything.

I plan to keep the PCB baseplate, I'm just going to put some heatsinks with a thermal adhesive on the baseplate, I'm not going to use direct thermal glue on the component, to adapt the arctic accelero I need to cut the 2mm baseplate on each side near the gpu, I lose the warranty if I cut this measurement in the baseplate?
post edited by Leonardohlb - 2019/07/21 07:11:24
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/21 07:11:45 (permalink)

I lose the warranty if I cut this measurement in the baseplate?

Yes.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/21 07:25:00 (permalink)
ty_ger07

Yes.

Then need to cut into the heatsink holder...

Attached Image(s)

Tech_JoseC
iCX Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/21 09:27:34 (permalink)
Leonardohlb

You offer help and how to test the piece, when we test and we find the defect, you say that the way I did and the photos do not prove anything.

I plan to keep the PCB baseplate, I'm just going to put some heatsinks with a thermal adhesive on the baseplate, I'm not going to use direct thermal glue on the component, to adapt the arctic accelero I need to cut the 2mm baseplate on each side near the gpu, I lose the warranty if I cut this measurement in the baseplate?

If you cut the baseplate, you will lose your warranty.
_JoseR
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 826
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/21 09:34:37 (permalink)
Leonardohlb
ty_ger07

Yes.

wait.... don't do it! 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/21 11:12:33 (permalink)
Leonardohlb

I believe you misunderstood everything I said previously.  I never said your cooler was defective.  You have been adamant from the beginning that there was an issue, and I stated that you need to contact EVGA as the users here were unable to help due to the limited view your pictures were giving.  Your picture of the heat sink is not adequate, which I why I stated again that you need to contact EVGA and see if they can help.  You started by telling everyone that tried to help that they were wrong about the thermal paste, and when we asked you to try a different application method, you said that your application method was not a problem, but it proved that your application method was part of the problem once you tried the other way.

When someone refuses advice, or tells people "You were right, but I was not wrong.." it makes it hard to help.  No matter what we have said, you tell us we are wrong, which makes it even harder.  I still believe something the way you are mounting the cooler may be part of the issue.  As you stated before, you may have always done it one way, but something is not working this time because your normal way isn't working. You have shown numerous times that your temperatures are fantastic, but that you are worried because someone else said they got slightly better temperatures.  Your temperatures are great.. You have said repeatedly that you have been applying the paste, testing for a few minutes, and then removing the cooler again. 

So far, the only full picture you have posted that shows the cooler in its entirety shows that the cooler is straight: https://forums.evga.com/download.axd?file=0;2973600&filename=20190715_0209422.jpg 

Notice that everyone here agrees to each thing that you are being told, and you are the only one telling everyone they are wrong.. Please listen to what everyone is trying to say.  

Do not, but any means, cut into your baseplate or stick thermal tape onto it.. EVGA has already gone above and beyond for you, and you are openly admitting that you are going to do things that are going to void your warranty.  The Accelero cooler is going to void your warranty completely if you make any modifications or stick any permanent adhesives on the baseplate or the PCB.  Removal of the heatsinks from the baseplate or the pcb will cause damage, and you will not have a working GPU, and there is no one that will be able to help. Thermal Tape is meant to be permanent.. you will have to pry it off.. it WILL do damage. 
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/21 14:01:22 (permalink)
EVGATech_JoseR
Leonardohlb
ty_ger07

Yes.

wait.... don't do it! 

Will EVGA send me another baseplate for me to mold?
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/21 14:18:18 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Leonardohlb

I believe you misunderstood everything I said previously.  I never said your cooler was defective.  You have been adamant from the beginning that there was an issue, and I stated that you need to contact EVGA as the users here were unable to help due to the limited view your pictures were giving.  Your picture of the heat sink is not adequate, which I why I stated again that you need to contact EVGA and see if they can help.  You started by telling everyone that tried to help that they were wrong about the thermal paste, and when we asked you to try a different application method, you said that your application method was not a problem, but it proved that your application method was part of the problem once you tried the other way.

When someone refuses advice, or tells people "You were right, but I was not wrong.." it makes it hard to help.  No matter what we have said, you tell us we are wrong, which makes it even harder.  I still believe something the way you are mounting the cooler may be part of the issue.  As you stated before, you may have always done it one way, but something is not working this time because your normal way isn't working. You have shown numerous times that your temperatures are fantastic, but that you are worried because someone else said they got slightly better temperatures.  Your temperatures are great.. You have said repeatedly that you have been applying the paste, testing for a few minutes, and then removing the cooler again. 

So far, the only full picture you have posted that shows the cooler in its entirety shows that the cooler is straight: https://forums.evga.com/download.axd?file=0;2973600&filename=20190715_0209422.jpg 

Notice that everyone here agrees to each thing that you are being told, and you are the only one telling everyone they are wrong.. Please listen to what everyone is trying to say.  

Do not, but any means, cut into your baseplate or stick thermal tape onto it.. EVGA has already gone above and beyond for you, and you are openly admitting that you are going to do things that are going to void your warranty.  The Accelero cooler is going to void your warranty completely if you make any modifications or stick any permanent adhesives on the baseplate or the PCB.  Removal of the heatsinks from the baseplate or the pcb will cause damage, and you will not have a working GPU, and there is no one that will be able to help. Thermal Tape is meant to be permanent.. you will have to pry it off.. it WILL do damage. 

It looks like there is a communication problem or my translator is not working correctly, I do not speak English, I did not say that you were wrong, I said that the way I always applied I never had a problem so I did not believe it could be that when you suggested another type of thermal paste application I accepted and I recognized that your suggestion was correct, you even opened the question about a point on the heat sink, I sent you the photo the way you asked with the heat sink support in a surface straight, at no time did I say no to your help or said that someone was wrong, however now with the evidence of the heatsink warped you say that my photo is limited, how limited? What do you want me to do to show the warped sink? The temperature has already been solved with the application of the different thermal paste, the problem is no longer the temperature but rather the heatsink, in the support ticket I was suggested to use a thermal paste grizzly hydronaut to improve the dissipation with the heatsink.

If the EVGA support recognizes that it is warped and suggests a type of thermal paste to improve the dissipation with the heatsink this is wrong for me, if it is defective they should change the cooler, now you do not come here at all times to say that I I am the culprit because the heat sink is bent or some problem on the board is because of me, what you should do was be more clear and direct when asking for a test type like the photos the way you want, EVGA sent me a 1080TI with the scratched backplate, now with a 2080TI with the bent heat sink and want to blame me for it?
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/21 14:22:57 (permalink)
Let's close this matter, we will not get anywhere, if I have to modify something on the board I will do it on my own I already know the terms that invalidate the warranty so thank you for the help.
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/21 14:25:08 (permalink)
I think this is the reason I never posted anything here in the forum and I never asked for help or suggestion of what I should do, you defend EVGA too much and try your best to make the consumer feel guilty for a defect in the product. This is my last post.
UnrealPancake
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/21 21:44:13 (permalink)
I think you are trying to find anything at all wrong, in the most insignificant way possible, with EVGA's cards. In fact, I think they have gone above, and way beyond to try and help you. You continuously seem to think there is something wrong with the products you receive even though there isn't. The problem being SEEMINGLY there does not mean it is there. If you are looking for the coolest temperatures possible, there are solutions to do so. However an air cooled card is not that solution. You can purchase the Hybrid kit, or a full water block if you want cool temperatures.

There is no defect in the product that you received. The only defect, is the one you are creating by assuming the defect is there. The heat sink screws are not indicative of the flatness of the contact plate for the GPU die. Those screws are not indicative of anything. They are mechanically there to allow for the installation of the heat sink to the PCB, and the screws that are used (since they have springs) pull the contact plate onto the GPU die for that contact. If anything, from the pictures, it looks like you spread the TIM onto the die (don't do that), and that you installed the screw fully onto one corner first, then screwed on the others, creating an uneven contact to the GPU die. This installation method can also crack your GPU die if done EXTREMELY improperly.

Leonardohlb
I think this is the reason I never posted anything here in the forum and I never asked for help or suggestion of what I should do

If you want help or a suggestion of what to do, my suggestion would be to buy a Hybrid kit. I would normally suggest a water block, but I think there are too many components with that that you'll find a defect with all of them and never actually get it installed.

Leonardohlb
This is my last post.

I doubt it.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/21 23:36:05 (permalink)
Leonardohlb
I think this is the reason I never posted anything here in the forum and I never asked for help or suggestion of what I should do, you defend EVGA too much and try your best to make the consumer feel guilty for a defect in the product. This is my last post.

You can't be serious right?  He's only a forum moderator and has nothing to do with EVGA's CS.  He's giving his experienced input like some of the members here.

Now you're making me think theoretically, that you're looking for anything to be wrong with the GPU, so you can get it RMA'd and maybe get a better OC'er?  Is this what it's all about?  It's not the first time I've suspected this. lol 

P.S. - Bc wants his profile back. 

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5004
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/22 06:17:35 (permalink)
Leonardohlb.....I had already given up trying to improve the temperature until one person in the forum told me that my temperature was not normal, confirming what I had already imagined and this person had an XC that reached 56 ~ 60º with the fan at 100%..............

After seeing how this thread went, I feel bad about telling this guy in the other thread that his temps were a little hot. 

I got 56C running Unigine Heaven until temperature stabilized after a few minutes on my XC, at 100% power limit no OC, max case and gpu fans, in a closed room with an AC unit running set to 68F (20C).  By far not a scientific test and a best case scenario as I'm sure there are other benchmarks/games that load up a card better.  The card is new, recent production, has never been above 70C or set above 116% power limit and overall seems to run very strong.

It's clear that many of these cards run at 70-80C from the factory, imho that is too hot.  For OP to get his down to 60C with new thermal paste and 100% fans is an excellent result, the 4C temp difference between his results and mine can easily attributed to test parameters, I doubt anything is wrong with his card.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is this a heat sink defect? RMA again? 2019/07/22 09:06:47 (permalink)
Leonardohlb, a do believe a lot is being lost in translation. That is why I think it is best that you speak with a support person that speaks the same language. The LATAM team will be your best bet in this case.

I am not defending EVGA. We all want to help, and it is very difficult to do when there is a language barrier as well as misunderstood communications.

I really hope you do not damage your card in hopes of adding a different cooler.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile