EVGA

Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue?

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
charbel1011
  • Total Posts : 99
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/02/15 08:33:57 (permalink)
Im interested in one but people are freaking me out about the whining buzz noise is that something to worry about? Or it got addressed by evga

80 Replies Related Threads

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 09:14:57 (permalink)
    charbel1011
    Im interested in one but people are freaking me out about the whining buzz noise is that something to worry about? Or it got addressed by evga

I think majority don't have issues.  Its the few that do and some end up here on the forums so I think it's a safe bet to grab one, especially with EVGA's warranty and support service, you can't go wrong. 

Also if you haven't heard, for a limited time only, you can get a ridiculous discount on one right on at the EVGA Store.  15% off with the use of an associate code.  Don't wait too long or that will come back down to 5%.

I believe that is the final price with a code used.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    DeadlyMercury
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 422
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 09:17:23 (permalink)
    Yeah, hybrid got a noisy pump. And there is no way to reduse it noise with some software and nothing evga can help you with that.
    But there is a sollution: you can connect your pump to motherboard and control it via DC mode.

"An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them."
    Stephen Fry
    charbel1011
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 09:22:33 (permalink)
    DeadlyMercury
    Yeah, hybrid got a noisy pump. And there is no way to reduse it noise with some software and nothing evga can help you with that.
    But there is a sollution: you can connect your pump to motherboard and control it via DC mode.

How bad is the noise though? I dont some noise on my pc i can handle that. But of course nothing high pitched crazy will throw me off
    DeadlyMercury
    iCX Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 09:29:25 (permalink)
    well, it depend on your abilities to hear high frequency noises and also how far away your pc, does he have good noise reduction and what is your comfort level.
    it is not something you would notice during gameplay because there is also noise from fans, but it is something that clearly audible at idle.

and if you connect it to your motherboard and decrease its rpm - your pc will be silent.

Stephen Fry
    charbel1011
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 09:35:34 (permalink)
    DeadlyMercury
    well, it depend on your abilities to hear high frequency noises and also how far away your pc, does he have good noise reduction and what is your comfort level.
    it is not something you would notice during gameplay because there is also noise from fans, but it is something that clearly audible at idle.

and if you connect it to your motherboard and decrease its rpm - your pc will be silent.

Can i change the fan on it when i get it to corsair HD fan? I dont wanna ruin the look of my pc.
    DeadlyMercury
    iCX Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 09:39:01 (permalink)
    yes, you definitly can. you can even attach 2 fans for push-pull configuration.

Stephen Fry
    charbel1011
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 09:40:42 (permalink)
    DeadlyMercury
    yes, you definitly can. you can even attach 2 fans for push-pull configuration.

Is push and pull makes a huge difference or no? If not ill just change the fan and leave 1 fan.
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 09:52:20 (permalink)
    DeadlyMercury

That's an incorrect statement as not everyone has noise issues. I would go as far as and state that majority don't.  Just the ones you hear in the forums but a few good ones have shown up and said they have no noise issues so that can be laid to rest.

Yes, as stated, you can use 3rd party fans on the rad as long as they are good push and pull fans.  You can use one but running two of the same fan on the same speed could allow you to run it at a slower rate to help dissipate that heat. 

You'll also want a decent case to allow for the position of a rad as an intake for fresher cooler ambient air.  

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Jiberish001
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 128
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 10:01:12 (permalink)
    Purchased my hybrid last month, and it has a bad whine. I have connectors coming today for the modding. Will place pump and rad onto mobo, and hopefully I can reduce noise enough without having to sacrifice too much pump speed. If I have to reduce pump speed too far, I may end up wanting a replacement. I'm also hoping that controlling the radiator set from mobo will help cover the temperature costs of a reduced pump speed, because I believe I can get better performance out of the rad fans than the card is providing. I added a second fan to the radiator and did not get better temps. I'm wondering if this is due to having that second fan added directly to the card via a split. Apparently the radiator fan is controlled by the same connection that controls the pump, so adding a second fan to that might be too much. I'm looking forward to relieving the card of powering the pump and rad fans. I'll post a follow up tonight or tomorrow with results.

For comparison....
    1950 clock average gaming, with boosts to 2010 if voltage is unlocked for early access.
    45-50c for older games that run 90-120fps easy. 55-60c for newer games that push 85fps on ultra settings. (1440p)
    Bad whine that annoys when room is silent and headphones are off, but can be ignored or silenced when headphones are on and games/music is being played.

ROG Maximus XI Hero (wi-fi), i9-9900K 5.1GHz, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum 240mm AIO, 32GB (4x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2133MHz, 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid Gaming, Corsair RM1000x PSU, More fans than I can use, front intake, cpu&gpu aio top&back exhaust
    DeadlyMercury
    iCX Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 10:13:53 (permalink)
    Well, that depends on many things. First of all - how noisy your pc and which temperatures you want on your gpu.
    If you don't care about noise and want to be your gpu colder than 60c - so you probably running fans at full speed, 2nd fan will not get huge advantage, it will be like 57C vs 59C? in furmark. 
    But if you like your pc silent like I do and dont mind your gpu go up to 70-75C - that could be helpfull. I did a dust cleaning last weekend and because I also did some cable management and removed my gpu from case - after works I found that I acedentaly unpluged one of the fans (pull one). The difference in temps were more than 10C (70-75 range vs strong 60C on same fan curve), but that huge difference was also caused by fan obstructing airflow, so it is not kind of push-pull vs push configuration.

BTW here you can listen to pump in my configuration - no way you can hear pump at high rpm, it is very hard to notice pump at medium one but it is clearly whining at low.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/vkXs84JWxU4Hr3rZ8

Stephen Fry
    DeadlyMercury
    iCX Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 10:18:23 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    That's an incorrect statement as not everyone has noise issues. I would go as far as and state that majority don't.  Just the ones you hear in the forums but a few good ones have shown up and said they have no noise issues so that can be laid to rest.

That is absolutely correct statement because
    a) pump noise depends from its rpm and
    b) its rpm is very high and 
    c) neither you nor gpu bios can control pump speed and reduce it at idle.

So it is not about some pumps are badly manufactured ans some pumps are completely silent. It is about ALL pumps are noisy, but this kind of noise is not something that noone can't stand. Somebody can't hear it because they have loud fans. Somebody can't hear simply because they use headphones. Somebody can hear it but they just don't care.
    So it is not about "you can be lucky to get silent pump" - it is about that if it bothers you - you can control it with motherboard and reduce the noise significantly.

post edited by DeadlyMercury - 2020/02/15 10:20:59

Stephen Fry
    charbel1011
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 10:45:54 (permalink)
    DeadlyMercury
    GTXJackBauer

So it is not about some pumps are badly manufactured ans some pumps are completely silent. It is about ALL pumps are noisy, but this kind of noise is not something that noone can't stand. Somebody can't hear it because they have loud fans. Somebody can't hear simply because they use headphones. Somebody can hear it but they just don't care.
    So it is not about "you can be lucky to get silent pump" - it is about that if it bothers you - you can control it with motherboard and reduce the noise significantly.

I have one last question i dont wanna do push and pull config. I just wanna change the fan that comes with it to a corsair HD fan and thats it. Can i do that or i have to do do push and pull config for better temps?
    DeadlyMercury
    iCX Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 10:47:16 (permalink)
    You can. Push-pull is an option, not something nessessary.

Stephen Fry
    Jiberish001
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 10:52:11 (permalink)
    Was that your mouse clicking? I'd be more annoyed by that mouse than by my cards pump. Lol

I'm not sure that everyone is on the same page about what noise we're talking about. It's not just a hum from a pump running full throttle. And it's not typical of all pump fans that run full throttle. The pump they've used for this card is already a loud pump to begin with it seems, but some have an added whine to their hum.

Those of us with good case airflow and fan setup, of which we can get temps of 35-40 on just about all components, don't need our fans running high to achieve this, and so all remains silent, with this pump being the trouble child.

Before I got this card you could barely even tell that my computer was on when it idled. And I strive for optimum temps as well.

ROG Maximus XI Hero (wi-fi), i9-9900K 5.1GHz, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum 240mm AIO, 32GB (4x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2133MHz, 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid Gaming, Corsair RM1000x PSU, More fans than I can use, front intake, cpu&gpu aio top&back exhaust
    DeadlyMercury
    iCX Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 11:08:23 (permalink)
    Yep, that was mouse clicking :)
    I don't heard anything about "added whine", but it could be coil whine (not at idle though) or some air in pump (wrong rad mount - below gpu or hoses up). So I am talking only about pump whine/hum itself, that is caused by high rpm and a fact that card can't decrease it.

Stephen Fry
    Jiberish001
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 11:34:32 (permalink)
    Probably nobody else calls it "added whine", but that's what it is. Normally a pump at full throttle will hum quite a bit, but it's not normal for this him to include a high pitched sound. Many have accurately describes it as a fridge sound. Something you'd hear from a mini fridge. It's not coil whine, and it's not air. Mine is mounted per instructional recommendation, and I have no air or coil issues. The sound is consistent no matter if idle or under load.

DeadlyMercury
    iCX Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 12:03:41 (permalink)
    well, thats depend on how close you to the pump.
    even at my configuration if I just place my ear right near pump - I can describe that sound like "fridge". But it is just motor sound. Not something wrong or added to pump noise.

Stephen Fry
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 13:03:25 (permalink)
    DeadlyMercury
    GTXJackBauer

You're painting all the pumps as too loud when the issues were that a few pumps were louder than others was the point and there was some type of issues.  Some RMA'd them and got quieter ones.  You can search the forums if you'd like for those examples.  Painting all these AIO GPU pumps isn't being honest.  Maybe you just want complete silence, that's what passive cooling's for.

The pumps come at a fixed rate.  They really shouldn't be messed with since they aren't powerful premium pumps like custom loops have.  They are 1/3 of the power at best if not less of premium pumps.  Messing with the pump and undervolting it could stop the pump completely and than you'll introduce yourself with other issues at hand so you have to think ahead before telling people to mod their GPUs.  Start with the basics to get the bigger picture than assume every person has the same issue and needs to perform the same routine.

Remember, probably thousands of these GPUs were sold.

Jiberish001
    Probably nobody else calls it "added whine", but that's what it is. Normally a pump at full throttle will hum quite a bit, but it's not normal for this him to include a high pitched sound. Many have accurately describes it as a fridge sound. Something you'd hear from a mini fridge. It's not coil whine, and it's not air. Mine is mounted per instructional recommendation, and I have no air or coil issues. The sound is consistent no matter if idle or under load.

So this was a Hybrid kit or a preinstalled hybrid?  What you've said so far sounds like coil whine but because these pumps have a more DDC design, I could see the pump being the culprit as well.  Most have complained about coil whine though. 

Do you hear it constantly on idle and load or just on load?

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Jiberish001
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 13:33:59 (permalink)
    It is the ftw3 ultra hybrid. A pre-installed pump. Not the kit. This is definitely not coil whine. I know coil whine when I hear it, and I know how that whine can vary depending on what the card is doing. As a matter of fact if I overclock the card I can produce the actual coil whine of the card while gaming if the current scene is demanding. But I don't game with an overclock so cool whine isn't an issue for me. This is definitely the pump. Same sound at idle as with any load it's under. The pump is the only thing of the card that I currently have no control over, and the only thing that maintains this constant noise. I WISH it was only loud enough that I needed to place my ear up to my case to hear it. I can hear this thing EASILY clear across the room. It's not a super high pitch like you'd hear with some types of coil whine, but it is a highER pitch than that of the normal low hum of a fan. If I listen close enough I can also tell that this higher frequency is an additive of the pumps already low hum, there are two separate frequencies that are hard to make out. The hum itself is loud. Louder than other pumps at full throttle. The higher pitched sound is not as loud as the hum, and is ALMOST drowned out by that hum. Be it's audible enough along with the loud him to be very annoying when the room is quiet.

charbel1011
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 14:07:26 (permalink)
    Jiberish001
    It is the ftw3 ultra hybrid. A pre-installed pump. Not the kit. This is definitely not coil whine. I know coil whine when I hear it, and I know how that whine can vary depending on what the card is doing. As a matter of fact if I overclock the card I can produce the actual coil whine of the card while gaming if the current scene is demanding. But I don't game with an overclock so cool whine isn't an issue for me. This is definitely the pump. Same sound at idle as with any load it's under. The pump is the only thing of the card that I currently have no control over, and the only thing that maintains this constant noise. I WISH it was only loud enough that I needed to place my ear up to my case to hear it. I can hear this thing EASILY clear across the room. It's not a super high pitch like you'd hear with some types of coil whine, but it is a highER pitch than that of the normal low hum of a fan. If I listen close enough I can also tell that this higher frequency is an additive of the pumps already low hum, there are two separate frequencies that are hard to make out. The hum itself is loud. Louder than other pumps at full throttle. The higher pitched sound is not as loud as the hum, and is ALMOST drowned out by that hum. Be it's audible enough along with the loud him to be very annoying when the room is quiet.

So i wanna make a desicion in here. I dont mind noises from my pc at all if thats the normal pump noise. I think i will go for it since i have my headphones on all the time. One more question if im not doing push and pull and i used corsar HD fan. Is it going to affect my temps with 1 fan?
    DeadlyMercury
    iCX Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 14:52:59 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer

You're painting all the pumps as too loud when the issues were that a few pumps were louder than others was the point and there was some type of issues.  Some RMA'd them and got quieter ones.  You can search the forums if you'd like for those examples.  Painting all these AIO GPU pumps isn't being honest.  Maybe you just want complete silence, that's what passive cooling's for.

The pumps come at a fixed rate.  They really shouldn't be messed with since they aren't powerful premium pumps like custom loops have.  They are 1/3 of the power at best if not less of premium pumps.  Messing with the pump and undervolting it could stop the pump completely and than you'll introduce yourself with other issues at hand so you have to think ahead before telling people to mod their GPUs.  Start with the basics to get the bigger picture than assume every person has the same issue and needs to perform the same routine.

Yep, because they are actually loud because of constant rpm. If it could be controlled via pwm source - there will be no issue at all ;)

I never heard about "some pumps were louder" - I heard somebody noticed pump sound, thats all. And I never saw a post when somebody RMA hybrid card and got a quiter one. On every example I saw - same picture: just a normal pump sound and nothing more. And some people knew about that before they bought hybrid - but some not and they were dissapointed.
    I know that running pump on low voltage can stop it. Also I know that starting voltage is way higher than voltage pump still can spin. Like every other pump or fan without PWM control. But controling it via DC is better than placing magnet near pump ;) And it is simple enough both to mod and to control / determine its starting and stoping voltage.

And if you don't like word "loud" - well, lets use "not silent". I think that is better to be ready for this than to get this knowledge as a surprice after buying $1400 videocard. Because there is a ... well, not issue, but feature, you should know about: pump is never controlled by card, it has constant RPM and it is quite audible at idle. So you shold get used to it or you should try to "fix" that by simple mod. Because other sollution - RMA card - is not so good: even with this feature ftw3 hybrid is a brilliand card and you can only do better with custom loop, no air cooled card can be at the same performance / noise comfort level. Because at the same level of noise hybrid card is 10-15C cooler and that could be difference between 90C (throttling) and 75C (absolutely normal, "warmish").

charbel1011
    So i wanna make a desicion in here. I dont mind noises from my pc at all if thats the normal pump noise. I think i will go for it since i have my headphones on all the time. One more question if im not doing push and pull and i used corsar HD fan. Is it going to affect my temps with 1 fan?

Well, it will affect a little: because original fan is 2000 rpm, while corsair HD is 1750 rpm.
    But that is a minor difference and it is not enough to be critical lack of airflow between normal operation and overheating. 
    You can use any 120mm fan you like as long as it is high pressure insdeat of high airflow fan (corsair hd has 2.25mm h2o static pressure, which is fine) and it is not low rpm version (like 500 or 800 rpm).

My fans are going up to 1200-1300 rpm while gpu temperature is about 70C.

Stephen Fry
    Jiberish001
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 14:57:27 (permalink)
    If you always let the card control the fan with it's default curve then you may never notice any difference, because the two fans will just run slower than the one would have while maintaining the same temps for that curve. And if the fan didn't need to run very high to begin with to maintain those temps then another fan won't help the first one. This could be what I'm experiencing. Having added a fan and not seen any gains may be due to the first fan not needing any help to begin with and me not setting a custom curve. The fan that comes with it is pretty good at pushing away the heat as is. I don't think a second is needed.

charbel1011
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 15:10:51 (permalink)
    DeadlyMercury
    GTXJackBauer

Yep, because they are actually loud because of constant rpm. If it could be controlled via pwm source - there will be no issue at all ;)

I never heard about "some pumps were louder" - I heard somebody noticed pump sound, thats all. And I never saw a post when somebody RMA hybrid card and got a quiter one. On every example I saw - same picture: just a normal pump sound and nothing more. And some people knew about that before they bought hybrid - but some not and they were dissapointed.
    I know that running pump on low voltage can stop it. Also I know that starting voltage is way higher than voltage pump still can spin. Like every other pump or fan without PWM control. But controling it via DC is better than placing magnet near pump ;) And it is simple enough both to mod and to control / determine its starting and stoping voltage.

And if you don't like word "loud" - well, lets use "not silent". I think that is better to be ready for this than to get this knowledge as a surprice after buying $1400 videocard. Because there is a ... well, not issue, but feature, you should know about: pump is never controlled by card, it has constant RPM and it is quite audible at idle. So you shold get used to it or you should try to "fix" that by simple mod. Because other sollution - RMA card - is not so good: even with this feature ftw3 hybrid is a brilliand card and you can only do better with custom loop, no air cooled card can be at the same performance / noise comfort level. Because at the same level of noise hybrid card is 10-15C cooler and that could be difference between 90C (throttling) and 75C (absolutely normal, "warmish").

charbel1011

Well, it will affect a little: because original fan is 2000 rpm, while corsair HD is 1750 rpm.
    But that is a minor difference and it is not enough to be critical lack of airflow between normal operation and overheating. 
    You can use any 120mm fan you like as long as it is high pressure insdeat of high airflow fan (corsair hd has 2.25mm h2o static pressure, which is fine) and it is not low rpm version (like 500 or 800 rpm).

My fans are going up to 1200-1300 rpm while gpu temperature is about 70C.

So im confused now what should i do? Is the little rpm gonna affect it? What temps i should be getting im gonna be playing on 3440x1440 120hz native
    bp7178
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 373
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 15:17:08 (permalink)
    charbel1011
    DeadlyMercury

How bad is the noise though? I dont some noise on my pc i can handle that. But of course nothing high pitched crazy will throw me off

Its pretty bad IMO. Its like having a small refrigerator next to you. Imagine the pitch and tone of that. The Kingpin cards don't seem to have the problem though. I had two 1080 Hybrid kits and one 2080 Ti one. They were all terrible as far as noise goes. 
    Jiberish001
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 15:22:17 (permalink)
    Temps will depend heavily on ambient room temperatures. My fans run slower, but I never hit 70c. As long as you have okay air flow and room temp is not really hot, then you shouldn't go beyond 70 with this card. If you do then there may be an issue that needs fixed. If you're using fans that have different max rpm and\or pressure, then what matters is their orientation. As long as you place the better fan pushing while the weaker one is pulling them you'll be fine. It shouldn't hurt anything.

DeadlyMercury
    iCX Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 15:22:37 (permalink)
    charbel1011
    So im confused now what should i do? Is the little rpm gonna affect it? What temps i should be getting im gonna be playing on 3440x1440 120hz native

Little RPM will affect it. But you RPM is not little - it is 1750 vs 2000. Not 800 vs 2000. For example 800 rpm is not enough to keep gpu below 85C in furmark. But difference between 1750 and 2000 will be very small - like 60C and 62C.
    As for temperatures - ftw3 hybrid got a very agressive fan curve, at 50C near full rpm, so I guess you will get aroud 60-65C.

Stephen Fry
    Jiberish001
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 15:30:26 (permalink)
    Near full at 50c? .... Not here. My fan doesn't even start to audibly rev up until 65 or so.

charbel1011
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 15:42:11 (permalink)
    DeadlyMercury
    charbel1011

Little RPM will affect it. But you RPM is not little - it is 1750 vs 2000. Not 800 vs 2000. For example 800 rpm is not enough to keep gpu below 85C in furmark. But difference between 1750 and 2000 will be very small - like 60C and 62C.
    As for temperatures - ftw3 hybrid got a very agressive fan curve, at 50C near full rpm, so I guess you will get aroud 60-65C.

Does the kingpin have the same noise issue?
    DeadlyMercury
    iCX Member
    Re: Is 2080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid noise still an issue? 2020/02/15 16:04:06 (permalink)
    Jiberish001
    Near full at 50c? .... Not here. My fan doesn't even start to audibly rev up until 65 or so.

Do you use custom fan curve? Or do you have ftw3, not xc hybrid?
    I faced that when I just got the card - fan was too agressive. And there is a topic from another ftw3 user - same behavior:
    https://forums.evga.com/2080ti-FTW3-Hybrid-Fan-custom-curve-problem-m3031255.aspx

charbel1011
    Does the kingpin have the same noise issue?

I don't know. Some says no, some says yes. Some says they got same pump, some says it is different pump.
    It depend on if this pump pwm controlled (I guess not) and its rpm, does they same or not.

Gamers Nexus says that kingping uses gen6 pump. Don't know what pump ftw3 hybrid uses, but somebody here said that it is gen6 too.

Stephen Fry
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile