Here's what you need to run Warcraft III's Reforged PC version

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102313
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/01/28 09:45:19 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/here_s_what_you_need_to_run_warcraft_iii_s_reforged_pc_version/1

Warcraft III: Reforged will release later today on Blizzard's Battle.net client, recreating the classic RTS game with updated visuals, support for modern OS' and full multiplayer compatibility with the original. Being built on the same engine as the original Warcraft III, it is understandable that the game ships with extremely low hardware requirements. The largest changes to the game are the addition of high polygon models (a huge upgrade over the original), new cutscenes and other boosted graphical options. This means that the game should be exceptionally easy to run on modern gaming PCs, especially on the CPU side.  

Now, this has been confirmed, as Blizzard has now released Warcraft III: Reforged PC system requirements, revealing that the game will require a 64-bit OS and that the game will support both Windows and macOS. The game will also require a minimum screen resolution of 800x600. On the CPU-side, this game will require an Intel i3-530 or AMD Phenom II X4 910 processor or better, with Blizzard recommending Intel's Core i5-6400 and AMD's Ryzen 7 1700X processors or better. The game will also take up 30GB of storage space on PC.

Windows Minimum Requirements

Operating System:  Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest version)
Processor:  Intel® Core® i3-530 or AMD™ Athlon™ Phenom™ II X4 910 or better
Video:  NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 or AMD Radeon™ HD 5750 or better
Memory:  4 GB RAM
Storage:  30 GB HD space
Internet:  Broadband Internet connection
Input:  Keyboard and mouse
Resolution:  800 x 600 minimum display resolution

Windows Recommended Requirements

Operating System:  Windows® 10 64-bit (latest version)
Processor:  Intel® Core™ i5-6400 or AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700X or better
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or AMD Radeon™ R9 280X or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Storage: 30 GB HD space
Internet: Broadband Internet connection
Input: Keyboard and mouse
Resolution: 800 x 600 minimum display resolution

I'll be playing this game tomorrow for sure

Unlock Time 

Warcraft III: Reforged will release on PC today (January 28th) at 3 PM PT, 6 PM ET and 11 PM GMT. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Here's what you need to run Warcraft III's Reforged PC version 2020/01/28 10:21:10 (permalink)
    Some basic recommended hardware requirements, so it should not hold anyone back

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile