EVGA

Helpful ReplyLockedGoing over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC)

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Johhny Doe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1700
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:09:53 (permalink)
SiriusDragon

Johhny Doe
Q56_Monster
Really??  You do know who TiN_EE is, right?  Aahh, you're just jerkin us around, lol

I do, the guy who thinks you need 2 kW for 580 Quad-SLi. Alright, let's put back the train on the track please. For serious.

I'm curious... how many 580 quad sli setups have you benched lately? Because presumably you have and that's why/how you know you're right?

Get the hell out of my thread.

HeavyHemi
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 13879
  • Ribbons : 135
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:13:32 (permalink)
Johhny Doe

SiriusDragon

Johhny Doe
Q56_Monster
Really??  You do know who TiN_EE is, right?  Aahh, you're just jerkin us around, lol

I do, the guy who thinks you need 2 kW for 580 Quad-SLi. Alright, let's put back the train on the track please. For serious.

I'm curious... how many 580 quad sli setups have you benched lately? Because presumably you have and that's why/how you know you're right?

Seems like a reasonable question since you're  both ridiculing someone who helped in designing the cards and claiming to be offering a review.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Johhny Doe
FTW Member
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:18:32 (permalink)
HeavyHemi

Johhny Doe

SiriusDragon

Johhny Doe
Q56_Monster

Seems like a reasonable question since you're  both ridiculing someone who helped in designing the cards and claiming to be offering a review.

Reasonable question? Are you for real? 2 kW for 580 Quad, right? The last thing I need to do is to go over this subject one more time, especially when I said to NOT derail the thread.
Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4340
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:18:55 (permalink)
I would very much like to see some OCing done to compare these cards.

EVGA 3GB VS EVGA CLASS 3GB VS Lightning 3gb!

Now that would be lovely, but I know it's early yet and many people still do not have their hands on these cards:)
post edited by Johnny_Utah - 2011/10/03 18:21:45

Johhny Doe
FTW Member
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:25:00 (permalink)
Johnny_UtahI would very much like to see some OCing done to compare these cards.

Now that would be lovely, but I know it's early yet and many people still do not have their hands on these cards:)

Actually, if they are all tested on the common ground, can't tell which one would OC more. Depends on the sample - chip you got. The Classy has the Swiftech block though that's compensated with a reference card and a better block. The MSI... universal block. lol.
Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4340
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:30:02 (permalink)
Johhny Doe

Johnny_UtahI would very much like to see some OCing done to compare these cards.

Actually, if they are all tested on the common ground, can't tell which one would OC more. Depends on the sample - chip you got. The Classy has the Swiftech block though that's compensated with a reference card and a better block. The MSI... universal block. lol.

Indeed, I realize that each chip is different, however I would still like to see clocks, voltages and temps:)

But you are right, that universal block on the MSI card sure would come in handy for someone (cough) who already has the blocks.  I dunno, I am still weighing it over. 

HeavyHemi
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:30:02 (permalink)
Johhny Doe

HeavyHemi

Johhny Doe

SiriusDragon

Johhny Doe
Q56_Monster

Reasonable question? Are you for real? 2 kW for 580 Quad, right? The last thing I need to do is to go over this subject one more time, especially when I said to NOT derail the thread.

Again:

Right. The card doesn't OC properly (memory) on air, like a cheap GPU. Needs a boatload of connectors to work while coming with more major downsides. The Lightning Xtreme trumps this card for everyday usage, and, I listed everything yet you still come up with this. But I know, you WILL come up because you're an eVGA fanboy. The reason I opened this thread is to inform people about the up's and down's of this GPU. Now please sit down.

Now if you're unable to back up your claims then 'please sit down'.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Johhny Doe
FTW Member
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:35:26 (permalink)
HeavyHemiAgain:

Right. The card doesn't OC properly (memory) on air, like a cheap GPU. Needs a boatload of connectors to work while coming with more major downsides. The Lightning Xtreme trumps this card for everyday usage, and, I listed everything yet you still come up with this. But I know, you WILL come up because you're an eVGA fanboy. The reason I opened this thread is to inform people about the up's and down's of this GPU. Now please sit down.

Unable to back-up my claims? They all are on the first page. Listed detail in my and the other guy's post. Just try to prove one sentence out of that post wrong. I'll come back and slap the nonsense back on your face.
wdflyer
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5460
  • Ribbons : 24
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:43:50 (permalink)
Johhny Doe

HeavyHemiAgain:

Unable to back-up my claims? They all are on the first page. Listed detail in my and the other guy's post. Just try to prove one sentence out of that post wrong. I'll come back and slap the nonsense back on your face.

Comments like that show just how ignorant the entire thought process behind this whole thread was in the first place, it was nothing but a joke from the first post and violated the ToS as well..

It's funny, when people treat you the same way you treat them you just can't handle it, can you?

Gizmo: Asus MVF - i7-3770k - Corsair H100 - 32GB G.Skill 2133MHz - Radeon 7970
Two Kingston HyperX 120GB SSDs in R0 - Two 1TB WD Black in R0 - AX1200 - Thermaltake A71

Kids Rig: EVGA X58 Classified3 - i7 950 - Corsair H100 - 12GB G.Skill 1866MHz - Radeon 7970 - 240GB RevoDrivex2
1TB WD Black - Seasonic 1000w Platinum - CM HAF 912
lehpron
Regular Guy
  • Total Posts : 8858
  • Ribbons : 191
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:45:19 (permalink)
Johhny Doe 
My main gripe with this card is the connector requirement.
Could you elaborate what you think it means?   When EVGA made their GTX285 Classified, it used reference clocks as well despite having just as many extra PCIe connections.  That doesn't mean the card actually drew more power than the reference model, it only meant that when overclocked to the point of needing more power the 285C wasn't limited as a reference 285 would.  Same case with 580C, the extra connections are for when more is needed, it is there. 

What's there to gripe about if the average overclocker may not push that far?  That said, I get the impression you think it means something else entirely.

With regards to your many other arguments and discussions with members; I suggest a little humility, modesty and try a bit more candor.  You need to show you know it all, don't just say so or refer to personal exierience that cannot be independently confirmed by anyone else.
post edited by lehpron - 2011/10/03 18:48:43

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
Johhny Doe
FTW Member
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:49:54 (permalink)
lehpron

Johhny Doe 
Could you elaborate what you think it means?   When EVGA made their GTX285 Classified, it used reference clocks as well despite having just as many extra PCIe connections.  That doesn't mean the card actually drew more power than the reference model, it only meant that when overclocked to the point of needing more power the 285C wasn't limited as a reference 285 would.  Same case with 580C, the extra connections are for when more is needed, it is there.  But I get the impression you think it means something else entirely.

I think you're forgetting who you're talking to on which subject. It means you need more connectors. Although a 850W unit is capable of 580 SLi, it forces you to use converters, which aren't good on the long run in terms of resistance put on Molex cables.

wdflyer

Johhny Doe

HeavyHemiAgain:

Comments like that show just how ignorant the entire thought process behind this whole thread was in the first place, it was nothing but a joke from the first post and violated the ToS as well..

It's funny, when people treat you the same way you treat them you just can't handle it, can you?

It's sad, when you give effort to list all the details, yet barely hear people talk about the Lightning just because this is the eVGA forum.
HeavyHemi
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:54:20 (permalink)
Johhny Doe

lehpron

Johhny Doe 
Could you elaborate what you think it means?   When EVGA made their GTX285 Classified, it used reference clocks as well despite having just as many extra PCIe connections.  That doesn't mean the card actually drew more power than the reference model, it only meant that when overclocked to the point of needing more power the 285C wasn't limited as a reference 285 would.  Same case with 580C, the extra connections are for when more is needed, it is there.  But I get the impression you think it means something else entirely.

I think you're forgetting who you're talking to on which subject. It means you need more connectors. Although a 850W unit is capable of 580 SLi, it forces you to use converters, which aren't good on the long run in terms of resistance put on Molex cables.

wdflyer

Johhny Doe

HeavyHemiAgain:

It's sad, when you give effort to list all the details, yet barely hear people talk about the Lightning just because this is the eVGA forum.

Effort? All I saw was a poor editing job consisting of bits of someone else's  'horrible' review with opinion added. Like they say, GIGO. (look that up).

wdflyer
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 18:56:35 (permalink)
Johhny Doe

wdflyer
Johhny Doe

It's sad that you have to deflect comments back to a product in an attempt to avoid the real point, I wasn't referring to a product....

Two Kingston HyperX 120GB SSDs in R0 - Two 1TB WD Black in R0 - AX1200 - Thermaltake A71

Kids Rig: EVGA X58 Classified3 - i7 950 - Corsair H100 - 12GB G.Skill 1866MHz - Radeon 7970 - 240GB RevoDrivex2
Johhny Doe
FTW Member
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 19:02:32 (permalink)
wdflyerIt's sad that you have to deflect comments back to a product in an attempt to avoid the real point, I wasn't referring to a product....

Then you need to PM someone, because this thread is not about me, it's about the card.

HeavyHemiEffort? All I saw was a poor editing job consisting of bits of someone else's  'horrible' review with opinion added. Like they say, GIGO. (look that up).

Most the things I've been on were facts aside of the "opinion". I took out the horrible bits of the review so so

Υou're wrong

Υou're coming up with crap to favor eVGA

Υou're trolling.

Υes?
wdflyer
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 19:07:12 (permalink)
Johhny Doe

wdflyerIt's sad that you have to deflect comments back to a product in an attempt to avoid the real point, I wasn't referring to a product....

Then you need to PM someone, because this thread is not about me, it's about the card.

Never!, I am having way too much fun watching you make yourself look childish while destroying any credibility you thought you had in the process......

HeavyHemi
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 19:17:31 (permalink)
Johhny Doe

HeavyHemiEffort? All I saw was a poor editing job consisting of bits of someone else's  'horrible' review with opinion added. Like they say, GIGO. (look that up).

Most the things I've been on were facts aside of the "opinion". I took out the horrible bits of the review so so

Υou're wrong

Υou're coming up with crap to favor eVGA

Υou're trolling.

Υes?

Such as what facts and how did you verify them? You didn't any more than you verified your 'dual PCB' claim that someone who helped design the card called you out on. After awhile, you have to ask yourself:  is it you or everyone else?
I think that answer is clear.

Johhny Doe
FTW Member
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 19:22:17 (permalink)
HeavyHemiSuch as what facts and how did you verify them? You didn't any more than you verified your 'dual PCB' claim that someone who helped design the card called you out on. After awhile, you have to ask yourself:  is it you or everyone else?

Not going to bother, sorry. The answer is clear though, you're right about that. Considering the forum I'm on, of course.
wdflyer
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 19:24:49 (permalink)
Johhny Doe

HeavyHemiSuch as what facts and how did you verify them? You didn't any more than you verified your 'dual PCB' claim that someone who helped design the card called you out on. After awhile, you have to ask yourself:  is it you or everyone else?

Not going to bother, sorry. The answer is clear though, you're right about that. Considering the forum I'm on, of course.

Again, point at anything else and deflect the blame away.....yet this always seems to be the way your posts end up, ever wonder why?, I mean really why?

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 63846
  • Ribbons : 115
Re:Going over GTX 580 Classified review (LANOC) 2011/10/03 21:42:54 (permalink)

Ok guys! The trolling/flaming, and off topic discussions have got out of hand. Warnings have been sent out via PM's, and there's more pending. Please stay on topic from here on out, or more PM's will be sent your way.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile