EVGA

Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Author
icylogik
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/23 05:25:06 (permalink)
AltherianPDX
3080ftw3 Ultra here...

Registered a new account here to report that I'm having the same frustrating issue.... Video card causes driver crashes, black screens that seem to reset themselves rather quickly.

However in my case I haven't really experienced in whilst gaming... Rather, I experience it while working and it's driving me crazy. I use Microsoft Teams all day and video chat with colleagues, and this crashing is causing me pain a couple times a day... Quite frustrating!

I'm at the mercy of EVGA and don't really know what to do.... I installed the Precision X1 software, there was a firmware upgrade, that helped a bit, but the crashes still do happen....

Try installing the hotfix driver here: https://forums.evga.com/GeForce-Hotfix-Driver-46151-Released-2521-m3216771.aspx. It fixed my driver crash while using Brave issue.
Flyingj99
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/24 06:35:40 (permalink)
Figured I'd chime in and say I had to RMA my EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming card.  I see people identifying different versions of this card, so I'll clarify that my card is made in China and has the "red lips".  I bought it at the end of November and I have never seen one in stock since...  I really hope I'm not in for multiple RMAs here because as a Canadian shipping to EVGA's RMA department in California is expensive...  That frustrates me a lot and I would be VERY upset to have to do that more than once if this is a known issue...

So far this is probably one of the better threads I have seen on this topic, though these threads seemed to be peppered around the Reddit and the EVGA forums.  I've already done a thousand and one DDU, multiple driver combos, settings, software uninstalls, all lead me nowhere.

I saw the dedicated "black screen" thread in the forums here but that was rather unproductive and appears to not be addressing this actual issue.  In fact even in this thread I see people chiming in with a variation which doesn't line up because they are having system shutdowns/restarts indicating more likely an OCP issue with their PSU.  The issue being described in this thread from my point of view is NOT that, so admittedly this is a confusing issue to get to the bottom of...  I have a new Corsair HX850 PSU set to single +12v rail operation mode with 3x dedicated PCI-E cables run to the card.  I also had the same issues on a Corsair RM750 with 2x cables, one daisy chained because that is all this PSU has.  I had the same exact issue with both PSUs, never a full system shutdown or restart though.

My symptoms pretty much match the initially described post:
-Running older/less demanding games randomly results in a black screen / no display output and the fans ramping to 100%.  Main games I have played that suffer from this are GTA V and Valheim. Valheim loves to max out ~75%-80% GPU usage I noticed.
-Or the game continues to run and the fans ramp to 100%, EVGA Precision X1 reports fan 3 100% and fan 1&2 0% on the main screen even though I can see all fans spinning, the monitoring tab shows fan 1&2 at ~51% and fan 3 at 98%, eventually the fans ramp down.  Temperatures before this happen are normal, then go super low (like down to 61 Celsius) since all the fans are at 100%

Most recently this actually happened for the first time while just browsing in Google Chrome.  I have not been able to get any video output from the card since after re-seating everything multiple times etc.  Card is dead (my RTX 2080 FE card is working perfectly when I swapped that in), though I don't have the much talked about red lights on the PCI-E connectors, so not sure.  When the crashes happen the system is still working (sound continues, windows shuts down normally with the shutdown button etc.).  I actually found that while the card wasn't able to output (including BIOS post screens, so not a windows issue), the system does load into Windows fine (I can see things like my GoXLR mini and Corsair keyboard lighting react to their software being loaded and changing LEDs, HDD activity light etc), but still has no display output.

I haven't been able to observe any voltages because I didn't read this thread while I was having recoverable issues...  I haven't overclocked this card at all and I literally played > 110 hours of Cyberpunk 2077, few hours of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, COD Cold war / warzone, with no issue, further emphasizing that these crashes happen with low or fluctuating GPU loads and not max load situations...  Really disappointing for any product, but especially one of the most expensive "gaming" GPUs ever.
post edited by Flyingj99 - 2021/02/24 10:06:19
freestylingford
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 188
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/24 12:43:46 (permalink)
My exact sentiments on this issue and it happens to my card too but through all the times it has done the black screen fans ramp pc keeps running issue it always restarts from a hard reset just fine I luckily haven't had the card straight up die yet. Would be cool if the issue was addressed or discussed officially. 

10900k Asus Z490E
32GB GSkill 4100mhz
3090ftw ultra
Enermax Maxtytan 1050w Platinum
Arrowhead2010
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/24 17:31:45 (permalink)
Flyingj99
Figured I'd chime in and say I had to RMA my EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming card.  I see people identifying different versions of this card, so I'll clarify that my card is made in China and has the "red lips".  I bought it at the end of November and I have never seen one in stock since...  I really hope I'm not in for multiple RMAs here because as a Canadian shipping to EVGA's RMA department in California is expensive...  That frustrates me a lot and I would be VERY upset to have to do that more than once if this is a known issue...

So far this is probably one of the better threads I have seen on this topic, though these threads seemed to be peppered around the Reddit and the EVGA forums.  I've already done a thousand and one DDU, multiple driver combos, settings, software uninstalls, all lead me nowhere.

I saw the dedicated "black screen" thread in the forums here but that was rather unproductive and appears to not be addressing this actual issue.  In fact even in this thread I see people chiming in with a variation which doesn't line up because they are having system shutdowns/restarts indicating more likely an OCP issue with their PSU.  The issue being described in this thread from my point of view is NOT that, so admittedly this is a confusing issue to get to the bottom of...  I have a new Corsair HX850 PSU set to single +12v rail operation mode with 3x dedicated PCI-E cables run to the card.  I also had the same issues on a Corsair RM750 with 2x cables, one daisy chained because that is all this PSU has.  I had the same exact issue with both PSUs, never a full system shutdown or restart though.

-Running older/less demanding games randomly results in a black screen / no display output and the fans ramping to 100%.  Main games I have played that suffer from this are GTA V and Valheim. Valheim loves to max out ~75%-80% GPU usage I noticed.
-Or the game continues to run and the fans ramp to 100%, EVGA Precision X1 reports fan 3 100% and fan 1&2 0% on the main screen even though I can see all fans spinning, the monitoring tab shows fan 1&2 at ~51% and fan 3 at 98%, eventually the fans ramp down.  Temperatures before this happen are normal, then go super low (like down to 61 Celsius) since all the fans are at 100%

Most recently this actually happened for the first time while just browsing in Google Chrome.  I have not been able to get any video output from the card since after re-seating everything multiple times etc.  Card is dead (my RTX 2080 FE card is working perfectly when I swapped that in), though I don't have the much talked about red lights on the PCI-E connectors, so not sure.  When the crashes happen the system is still working (sound continues, windows shuts down normally with the shutdown button etc.).  I actually found that while the card wasn't able to output (including BIOS post screens, so not a windows issue), the system does load into Windows fine (I can see things like my GoXLR mini and Corsair keyboard lighting react to their software being loaded and changing LEDs, HDD activity light etc), but still has no display output.

I haven't been able to observe any voltages because I didn't read this thread while I was having recoverable issues...  I haven't overclocked this card at all and I literally played > 110 hours of Cyberpunk 2077, few hours of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, COD Cold war / warzone, with no issue, further emphasizing that these crashes happen with low or fluctuating GPU loads and not max load situations...  Really disappointing for any product, but especially one of the most expensive "gaming" GPUs ever.

This is the exact same issue I was having and countless others I've heard here. Only experienced the crash in older dx11 games. After five crashes, the card was dead. Red lips, made in Taiwan for me. How much did you pay to ship from Canada? I'm in Toronto and shipping mine out tomorrow.

It's extremely discouraging that EVGA doesn't even acknowledge what the problem is and therefore can't guarantee that the replacement card won't have the same fatal flaw, all while making us foot the bill for shipping an expensive brick across the continent for them.
Flyingj99
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/24 18:07:54 (permalink)
Arrowhead2010
This is the exact same issue I was having and countless others I've heard here. Only experienced the crash in older dx11 games. After five crashes, the card was dead. Red lips, made in Taiwan for me. How much did you pay to ship from Canada? I'm in Toronto and shipping mine out tomorrow.

It's extremely discouraging that EVGA doesn't even acknowledge what the problem is and therefore can't guarantee that the replacement card won't have the same fatal flaw, all while making us foot the bill for shipping an expensive brick across the continent for them.

Cost ~ $145 to ship Via their preferred shipper, UPS.  They did pick it up from my house though which was good for me. 
Arrowhead2010
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/24 20:12:17 (permalink)
Flyingj99
Arrowhead2010

Cost ~ $145 to ship Via their preferred shipper, UPS.  They did pick it up from my house though which was good for me. 

Damn, that's ridiculous. I was hoping it would be like 50 bucks. lol...
Rewire92
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/26 06:22:44 (permalink)
Another update.

No further crashes after limiting the card to 1.05 V.

However, I am experiencing large performance losses in high usage games.  Anywhere in the rage from 10-20 FPS loss in games like Cyberpunk, Red Dead Online, Modern Warfare, and Battlefield 4.

I am debating removing the undervolting for higher clock states, and just seeing if this card dies as well.  Very disparaging. 

nosde
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/26 11:32:26 (permalink)
Rewire92
Another update.

No further crashes after limiting the card to 1.05 V.

However, I am experiencing large performance losses in high usage games.  Anywhere in the rage from 10-20 FPS loss in games like Cyberpunk, Red Dead Online, Modern Warfare, and Battlefield 4.

I am debating removing the undervolting for higher clock states, and just seeing if this card dies as well.  Very disparaging. 

You must do this every day and every hour. It doenst make sens to have degrade your performance to keep the card alive. You will only postpone death. Sad to see this on 2000$ card with no answer of EVGA until today.
F1Aussie
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/27 06:17:08 (permalink)
I have undervolted my 3090 and have not noticed any loss in performance. 3dmark results are better than stock results and temp now does not get out of the 60's. Very happy with the results
Ranmacanada
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 992
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/28 13:22:52 (permalink)
Flyingj99
Arrowhead2010

Did they offer enough for insurance?  I sent my 1080Ti Hybrid to EVGA and it "only" cost me $85, using Canada Post.  The max I could insure the card for was $1000, which during this stupid time I did because I would need at least that much to replace it if it got lost.  It took 3 business days to get to EVGA, and my replacement should be on my doorstep tomorrow.  

ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
AMD Ryzen 2700
Fold for the CURE!
EVGA 1080 FTW
EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid

Flyingj99
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/28 13:41:57 (permalink)
Ranmacanada
Did they offer enough for insurance?  I sent my 1080Ti Hybrid to EVGA and it "only" cost me $85, using Canada Post.  The max I could insure the card for was $1000, which during this stupid time I did because I would need at least that much to replace it if it got lost.  It took 3 business days to get to EVGA, and my replacement should be on my doorstep tomorrow.  

Yes, my card was insured for the full value I paid on my receipt.  I chose UPS in hopes of a painless RMA experience since this seems to be who EVGA's RMA department are dealing with when sending the replacement cards.  They recommend UPS or Fedex in the e-mail instructions.  I didn't really want to take a chance with a card that is so expensive and also impossible to buy.  With all the issues with shipping these days, I really was just trying to reduce the chance of issues as much as I could.
dmfp42
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/28 13:58:37 (permalink)
UPS was the cheapest option that could insure the full value of my 3090 as well, for my RMA... 132 beaver pelts to ship it from Alberta to Brea.

Ryzen 3900X
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master
32GB G.SKILL 3200mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra (Currently using the scratched up RMA I got back... Would have been nice to at least get on in the same mint condition that they got back) 
Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury backup card
Corsair AX1200
Coolermaster Cosmos II 25th Anniversary
Rewire92
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/02/28 15:22:06 (permalink)
I'm pretty sure the RMA card I got is borked as well.....

It's crashing nonstop in games with extended play sessions.  Can't get a stable game going at all.....

Extremely frustrated.  Going to call in on Monday.

B1gbeard
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/02 02:47:52 (permalink)
Flyingj99

Do your Valheim crashes happen inside in the crypt type areas or just generally? I can run around in the outside world for hours but as soon as I enter a crypt I know a crash is coming at some point.
Flyingj99
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/02 06:17:38 (permalink)

B1gbeard

Do your Valheim crashes happen inside in the crypt type areas or just generally? I can run around in the outside world for hours but as soon as I enter a crypt I know a crash is coming at some point.

There was no pattern. I had this happen in the menu screen, while exploring, while walking around my base.  Also after playing for a while and  when just starting (ie: everything is cold).  Same thing goes for when I was having the same issue playing GTA V, no real pattern that I could see.

To be clear, we aren't talking about a typical driver crash here in this thread.  That is something I wouldn't be surprised to see in an early access  game like this.  This appears to be the hardware going into some kind of protect mode when the fans ramp to 100% and the display output stops.  This seems to be backed up by the eventual dead card some folks have reported here (including myself).  I haven't had any crashing with my RTX 2080 Ti, it has been 100% solid since I swapped it last week.

B1gbeard
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/02 07:01:59 (permalink)
Flyingj99

B1gbeard

There was no pattern. I had this happen in the menu screen, while exploring, while walking around my base.  Also after playing for a while and  when just starting (ie: everything is cold).  Same thing goes for when I was having the same issue playing GTA V, no real pattern that I could see.

To be clear, we aren't talking about a typical driver crash here in this thread.  That is something I wouldn't be surprised to see in an early access  game like this.  This appears to be the hardware going into some kind of protect mode when the fans ramp to 100% and the display output stops.  This seems to be backed up by the eventual dead card some folks have reported here (including myself).  I haven't had any crashing with my RTX 2080 Ti, it has been 100% solid since I swapped it last week.

That is what is happening to my Gigabyte yes fans ramp to 100% and screen goes blank and only a power down clears it. Happens in older games primarily as reported here randomly but in Valheim it only happens in crypts. Exactly the same crash.
m6monster
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/02 07:36:07 (permalink)
So, I was having a similar issue, back in December when I got my card. Under high usage gaming, the card was totally stable no issues whatsoever even with a heavy overclock. However, on the desktop under little to no-load, or in non-demanding games, I would get black screen crashes, sometimes the card would recover, and sometimes it would totally lock up the pc. I looked around and couldn't find a solution. The issue made no sense to me, the only reason I could think of is that there is something in the bios of the card or the driver for the card that causes the GPU to dip to unsustainable voltages when the card was downclocking for power savings under a light load. So, I changed the global power management mode in the Nvidia control panel from "Normal" to "Prefer maximum performance" and I haven't had a single black screen or crash since, and it's been almost three months now. It's not an ideal fix, as the GPU doesn't underclock under low load for power savings anymore, but it sure beats the hell out of the card dying all the time on me. 

I don't know if anyone else has suggested this for those of you who are still having black screen issues in light gaming, and I apologize if someone has, but I figured I would mention my experience in the hopes that it might help one of you until Nvidia or Evga issues a proper fix for the issues. 
mricypaw1
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/03 22:02:09 (permalink)
m6monster
So, I was having a similar issue, back in December when I got my card. Under high usage gaming, the card was totally stable no issues whatsoever even with a heavy overclock. However, on the desktop under little to no-load, or in non-demanding games, I would get black screen crashes, sometimes the card would recover, and sometimes it would totally lock up the pc. I looked around and couldn't find a solution. The issue made no sense to me, the only reason I could think of is that there is something in the bios of the card or the driver for the card that causes the GPU to dip to unsustainable voltages when the card was downclocking for power savings under a light load. So, I changed the global power management mode in the Nvidia control panel from "Normal" to "Prefer maximum performance" and I haven't had a single black screen or crash since, and it's been almost three months now. It's not an ideal fix, as the GPU doesn't underclock under low load for power savings anymore, but it sure beats the hell out of the card dying all the time on me. 

I don't know if anyone else has suggested this for those of you who are still having black screen issues in light gaming, and I apologize if someone has, but I figured I would mention my experience in the hopes that it might help one of you until Nvidia or Evga issues a proper fix for the issues. 

Does this increase your idle temps substantially?

Carmen813
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 202
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/04 09:08:20 (permalink)
mricypaw1
m6monster

Does this increase your idle temps substantially?

This feels like an issue where the voltage and clocks are unstable at lower levels of the frequency curve. Try manually tuning your curve down a little using afterburner or x1 and see what happens.

That said, if its happening at stock it might be an RMA.

rangerscott
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 343
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/04 15:03:37 (permalink)
Fyi. Just open a business account with ups or fedex. After a few ships, youll start getting the discount rate.

Z690 Dark
Evga 3090 Hybrid
32gb Trident z5 @ 6000
Corsair RM1000X psu

neteng101
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 153
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/04 18:57:03 (permalink)
m6monster
However, on the desktop under little to no-load, or in non-demanding games, I would get black screen crashes, sometimes the card would recover, and sometimes it would totally lock up the pc.

Its the change of power states - under little load there will be times the GPU will try to boost up requiring more power as well.  When you're running at high clocks the voltage is locked in and doesn't have to move a lot.  Voltage overshoots and bad voltage regulation is the cause of all the problems with these cards...  your other alternative would be to undervolt enough so that when it tries to boost, the voltage doesn't spike up high enough to crash things.

Either way isn't ideal - the real fix is for EVGA to revise the PCB and add better components for voltage regulation and power delivery.
Rewire92
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/19 01:25:45 (permalink)
Heyo,

I thought people might want a final update to this thread.

I ended up doing a 3rd RMA and have finally secured a card that runs with no issues.  Nothing else about my computer has changed.

Serial number 2114, Black lips, manufactured in Taiwan.  No issues, overclocks great, no crashing ever experienced in any games.  Had the card for 3 weeks now.

Cheers all.
post edited by Rewire92 - 2021/03/19 01:32:12

zenstrata
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/19 02:44:48 (permalink)
Rewire92
Heyo,

I thought people might want a final update to this thread.

I ended up doing a 3rd RMA and have finally secured a card that runs with no issues.  Nothing else about my computer has changed.

Serial number 2114, Black lips, manufactured in Taiwan.  No issues, overclocks great, no crashing ever experienced in any games.  Had the card for 3 weeks now.

Cheers all.

I hope it keeps working for you!  My card (evga 3090 ftw3 ultra) gave me around 3 months of perfect operation and then just suddenly died one morning. 

I never overclocked it, never mined on it, I did increase the fan speeds a bit from stock so it would run cooler (I don't mind a little fan noise, I wear headphones all the time).  Just a couple days ago the card suddenly stopped working while I was playing Dungeons 3 (a strategy game released in 2017)  The rest of the system works fine (5950x, dark hero mb, 1300w evga gold power supply, etc.). 

Luckily I still had my old 1080 still around so I could just swap it in and keep my pc going till evga can ship me out a replacement 3090 ftw3 ultra.  Froom what i'm hearing there may be some sort of issue with the power delivery for these cards, even with a very highly regulated, robust, and filtered power source - mine still died.  It just took a few months.  
post edited by zenstrata - 2021/03/19 02:47:49
MowTin
  • Total Posts : 84
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/20 11:45:50 (permalink)
So, what's the best advice for now? Do I need to undervolt? If so, at what voltage? 

i7 9700K @ Stock
evga 3090 FTW3 Ultra
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3600
Z390 AORUS Pro Wifi
Corsair RM1000x
HP Reverb G2 / Valve Index / Quest 2
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/20 11:49:33 (permalink)
I'll never understand why people don't make a signature with system specs.

And I also will never understand why people think "it's the ONLY the video card"...You're fixated...

It could be something else.

But yah, focus on that.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

jackal24
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/20 12:01:37 (permalink)
Because it's a common point of consistency across a wide swath of hardware configurations.

It doesn't matter if people are using 850w gold units with 95w CPUs or 1600w Platinum units running OCed 10900ks and individual 8 pins on each. The FTW3s are failing more frequently than the other SKUs are and they're doing so in games where GPU utilization is so low the cards don't even boost fully.

We also know the FTW3s are hitting voltages they shouldn't be at relatively low clocks and we know they ping-pong from low to high voltage in low load games. In GTA V or MCC, we shouldn't be seeing cycling from .725mv to 1.08v at a clock that should only ever use .725mv.

My 3080 FTW3 does this. My cheaper Gigabyte 3080 OC plugged into the same system doesn't.

EVGA went with a suboptimal voltage controller that isn't found outside of budget oriented boards and it was never intended to be used in a 3x8 pin configuration. They also went with a whack load of fuses for easy repairability. If the problem is reproducable on a wide range of hardware, that points to a design flaw. If undervolting and locking it "fixes" the problem, it again points to a design flaw.
litoxpwnt
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/20 20:19:59 (permalink)
Rewire92, So the final RMA card you got you didn't have to tweak at all? Just plug and play and everything worked correctly? I was also wondering if Flyingjay99 got his RMA and if it worked correctly?
post edited by litoxpwnt - 2021/03/20 20:52:58
JimBeamBlack
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 233
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/21 12:09:24 (permalink)
Sorry to barge into this thread, But I have a quick question. 

I'm probably worrying for nothing, but I'm also trying to be as vigilant as I can about my investment in this 3080 so I keep an eye on the forums, and to me this is interesting about these things happening in older games, games which should not even be any sort of issue.

I decided to run the Precision X1 HWM to see what my voltages are, keep in mind I don't overclock past the factory settings of my FTW3 Ultra, I really haven't had the need to at all as this card is BLAZING fast for me.

This is what I got running P3D v5 (dx12) for about 2 hours, NOTE that my voltage while running the game was low, but while the game was paused is when the voltage spiked up to 1.081 along with the memory clock mhz? Then when I un-paused the game the voltage and memory mhz went back down again.

Is THIS unusual behavior or just normal operating procedure? You would think it would be just the opposite but I am no expert? OR am I not even looking at this correctly?

Anyways, should I worry or just go about my business? So far while gaming for hours in Cyberpunk 2077 I haven't broke 76C, and no black screens or high running fans, but I'm almost afraid to pause or alt/tab out of any of my games.

thanks

EVGA Z590 Dark ; i9 11900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600 ; EVGA 3080 FTW Ultra3 ; Creative AE-7 ; Win 11 64bit Pro : EVGA 1200 Plat PSU

ivangogh
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/22 11:43:37 (permalink)
Re shipping by UPS from Canada. 

I ended up spending $236 to ship a dead 3090 from Toronto area. UPS would not take it by ground with insurance for $2400. Had to be air if I wanted full value insurance. If you want insurance, UPS has to pack the item themselves (not a big deal but adds to the cost). Also you can't insure for "full money spent" on an item. If the package got lost, if insurance finally paid up, you're still at a loss because sales tax isn't covered.  Not happy that EVGA does nothing to help with high RMA shipping cost from Canada.  It's even more aggravating to read posts of other users who "received pre-paid shipping labels from EVGA" for their returns.  HOW?

If your purchase dies and you can't afford to risk losing thousands of dollars, you're stuck with high shipping cost. Even then you're betting few hundred dollars hoping it arrives in Brea (sales tax). This RMA process ended up costing me just shy of $300. I need the computer for other things so ended up spending additional $57 on a GT710. Pic of shipping receipt attached to prove what I'm saying.

(did receive a replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 2114 serial number, works for now but so did my initial card for the first three months) 
post edited by ivangogh - 2021/03/22 11:54:55
Eksu99
  • Total Posts : 81
Re: Fixing EVGA's 7 Figure Problem with FTW3 30 Series cards. 2021/03/22 13:31:56 (permalink)
Anyone in Europe, check this. By EU law you aren’t required to pay anything for warranty repair/replacement.

Articla 3:
”2. In the case of a lack of conformity, the consumer shall be entitled to have the goods brought into conformity free of charge by repair or replacement, in accordance with paragraph 3, or to have an appropriate reduction made in the price or the contract rescinded with regard to those goods, in accordance with paragraphs 5 and 6”

https: //eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:31999L0044&from=FI

Take out the spaces in the URL as I’m not sure who are allowed to post links here.

Edit: And here is the main site. You can choose your own language for the law text.

https: //eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/FI/TXT/?uri=celex%3A31999L0044
post edited by Eksu99 - 2021/03/22 13:35:10
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile