EVGA

Hot!Z15 Debounce Issue

Author
redterror
  • Total Posts : 52
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/02/28 13:25:55 (permalink)
Looks like my Z15 keyboard has a debounce issue (double typing characters) that started recently on a few different keys (space bar, u, n, etc.). I changed a few switches which seemed to have helped but only temporarily and the problem has since continued. This was an issue in the past but a firmware issue seemed to have fixed it. Is anyone else having this problem again as of recent?

Can someone please look into this?

4 Replies Related Threads

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10337
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: Z15 Debounce Issue 2024/02/28 14:23:09 (permalink)
    Since this is a user based forum, EVGA may not ever see your request for looking into it.  You may want to contact EVGA's tech support.  -> https://www.evga.com/support/custsupp.asp

The only time I experienced sticking keys I fixed it by shaving off the raised nub inside the bad key after pulling it off.  If this is your issue, you'll find good info about it in this thread ->  https://forums.evga.com/Z20-keys-sticking-m3462784.aspx

redterror
    • Total Posts : 52
    Re: Z15 Debounce Issue 2024/03/01 05:57:14 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply. I've had this keyboard for a few years and never had to modify the key caps themselves.

I believe it's more of a software / firmware issue because it just randomly started similar to other issues in the past.
    bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10337
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: Z15 Debounce Issue 2024/03/01 08:05:49 (permalink)
    You're welcome.  In that case it might be worth contacting EVGA to see if they have a resolution for you.

onemoar
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: Z15 Debounce Issue 2024/03/09 20:51:34 (permalink)
    debounce is a keyboard firmware issue and one the z15s are known to have
    I have replaced my switches with khali box pinks and its reduced the occurrence of  the issue but not eliminated it ( have validated this by removing the switches and installing a trust omron switch and validating the input with winpcap the problems are in the keyboard firmware not in the switch (well mostly some cheap switches don't behave as nice and make the issue worse but thats  why we have debounce ) evga needs to switch to a defered_pk_debounce or fine tune the eager_global they seem to be using now :( )) 

it seems like evga has just decided to abandon accually devloping there keyboard firmware and made the mistake other cheap brands have gone with and trust that the microcontroler vendor they have selected knows what they are doing (spolier they don't ) 

evga keyboard owners just need  to hope the zmk/qmk will support the mcu in the future as EVGA clearly has no intention of supporting the product OR none of the engineers need to live with this thing for more then a day so they don't care about accaually making meaningful improvements to the core keyboard software particuarlly the really aweful matrix scan code including in the NXP LPC5516 mcus sample libs. the  NXP LPC5516 is a really good chip hardware wise sadly the samples and default matrix scan setup is just plain substandard compared with other devices on the market 

post edited by onemoar - 2024/03/09 20:59:38
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile