EVGA

Helpful ReplyHot!The industry feels dead now.

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
orkan
  • Total Posts : 75
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/02/26 13:08:59 (permalink)
The year was 2001, and I went down to get a new graphics card. There sat an EVGA GeForce 3 on the shelf.
That was the day that everything changed. It was the first time I bought a top of the line graphics card. I had always bought lesser models before that... so this was my first flagship card. 

EVGA was my "go-to" graphics card supplier for over the past twenty years. When I wanted a card for any system I cared about, it was an EVGA. I've purchased their top air cooled card every, or every other architecture... since 2001. It's time to upgrade once again. Not because my EVGA 3090 FTW3 has anything wrong with it... but because I've always wanted the top available performance. This card has been an absolute rock for the past two years of use. My 32:9 super ultrawide monitor demands a beast of a card to hit 120fps at full resolution in most games. The 3090 can just barely handle it even with low settings in many games and the render times for encoding video could use a serious boost. 

Yesterday I bought an Asus ROG Strix 4090 OC at several hundred dollars over retail. 

When I spent big bucks with EVGA, it felt like they cared. I felt safe. I knew if something wasn't right with the card, they'd do whatever was necessary to make sure I either had my money back or had a fully functioning card. I felt nothing good when I bought the asus. I've never gambled a day in my life... but that's what it felt like when I added the asus to my cart and checked out. It felt like I was standing in las vegas and put $2500 on blackjack. It felt hollow and gross. 

I built my first computer when I was 15yrs old. Since then, I've had to watch things I loved in this industry be consumed by greed and apathy. Things always change, but this just doesn't feel good. The industry has lost a piece of its soul, and I blame nvidia... yet I just can't bring myself to go to an AMD or intel card. The whole situation stinks of corruption, greed, and violated morality. To be a hardcore gamer in the times of Quake 3 grapple rail gun instagib, and now primarily a content creator that still enjoys games, there's an innocence that's been lost in the industry. I can feel it, and I see creators such as gamers nexus, jay, and linus, revealing the dark inner workings of the industry over and over again. 

In reality, innocence was probably never there to begin with. I was just younger, so I probably didn't notice what was beneath the surface the whole time.  

This chapter of EVGA graphics cards coming to an end, feels like a chapter of my own closing as well. 

I can't help but anxiously await a player to enter the space that can crush nvidia into dust. I don't care what it costs, I just want it to out perform and be at least as stable, if not more so... than the nvidia silicon I've used for the past several decades. I want nvidia punished for making me gamble. 

Oh, and by the way... I'm well aware that this is the internet, and there will be less than 1% of you that has anything constructive to say about any of this. The rest of you will get right to work engineering a post that is designed to make you feel good and me feel worse. Not to worry... do what you have to do. I won't care one way or the other.

This post was for me, and those that feel what I feel. No one else. Before this asus card arrived, I had to say goodbye, in my own way. 

post edited by orkan - 2023/02/26 13:19:05
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10107
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/26 14:42:12 (permalink)
I think that if NVIDIA is crushed it will be at the lower end that customers can afford. If AMD or Intel gains supports at the $800 and lower priced graphics card the word of mouth could really change away from NVIDIA.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/26 16:51:38 (permalink)
orkan

I can't help but anxiously await a player to enter the space that can crush nvidia into dust. I don't care what it costs, I just want it to out perform and be at least as stable, if not more so... than the nvidia silicon I've used for the past several decades. I want nvidia punished for making me gamble. 

Hope Intel paves the way.  They're doing ok so far and have ways to go.

If intel comes out with a 4K 120+ FPS gaming behemoth (in a standard sized GPU),
I'm all in.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
kougar
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3034
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/26 17:27:04 (permalink)
It'll likely take until the end of the decade, but things will change. Nothing remains constant especially in business.

Intel has the resources and money to build a flagship class card better than NVIDIA and AMD both, but it will take time to happen. Just as it took Ryzen five generations to get to now. 

Have water, will cool. 
AngryAce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 867
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/26 17:33:47 (permalink)
Yep, EVGA has been my go to since GeForce 2. I am still on a 9900K with a 3080 Ti FTW3 and UltraWide monitor. I've been thinking on upgrading to a 7950x3d when they come out but when it comes to the gfx card, I sit looking at the selection on newegg or amazon and I just don't know which one to go with. Gigabyte is out as I have seen cracked PCBs from the sheer weight of the 3080 and 3090 cards and they have denied warranty over it. Asus might be the go to at this point. 

DamonDelp
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/26 18:28:28 (permalink)
If you consider Intel is investing billions of dollars into their own chip manufacturing, and their recent foray into the market with Arc graphics, they are positioned to be a real player in a couple of years.
Intel and AMD both have strong shares of the CPU market.
AMD has been unflinching in their pursuit of improving GPU technology for years, and they continue to make gains.
If Intel can step up in the same way (over the next 2-3 years), but faster and to scale, the low-mid level competition could be great for consumers soon.
And one day -fingers crossed- top of the line cards will actually be competitive across 3 manufacturers.

Windows 11 Home (64-bit)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Intel Core i9 9900K (3.6GHz)
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E (LGA1151)
CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 32GB (3600MHz)
CORSAIR HX750i (750W 80 Plus PLATINUM PSU)
ASUS ROG PG278QR (2560x1440)

Bobmitch
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8341
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/27 06:45:47 (permalink)
I feel a big void after EVGA's exit from the graphics part of the industry.  Been an EVGA customer since 2004 and have always had their graphics cards.  I still have motherboards, AIO, mouse and keyboards...but am very concerned over the overall longevity of EVGA and the future of it's employees.  I hope it all turns out well.

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 CL30 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i LCD 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  Lian Li Lancool III; Corsair K70 RGB Pro MX Speed Silver Keyboard; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

zippytek
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1185
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/27 06:48:49 (permalink)
orkan 
Yesterday I bought an Asus ROG Strix 4090 OC at several hundred dollars over retail. 

When I spent big bucks with EVGA, it felt like they cared. I felt safe. I knew if something wasn't right with the card, they'd do whatever was necessary to make sure I either had my money back or had a fully functioning card. I felt nothing good when I bought the asus. I've never gambled a day in my life... but that's what it felt like when I added the asus to my cart and checked out. It felt like I was standing in las vegas and put $2500 on blackjack. It felt hollow and gross. 

why so dramatic? asus uses high end components and makes consistently record breaking hardware. shy of your house burning down with no insurance, in what scenario do you envision a graphics card purchase resulting in a total loss of net spend? lol
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/27 07:34:49 (permalink)
zippytek
orkan 

why so dramatic? asus uses high end components and makes consistently record breaking hardware. shy of your house burning down with no insurance, in what scenario do you envision a graphics card purchase resulting in a total loss of net spend? lol

To be honest, I'm with the OP. And I know Asus.....probably won't go wrong, but if it does..have fun with the RMA/Repair process. eVGA excelled at that.

And it's not dramatic, really. It's how the OP feels...he already said it was for him...not you.

regardless, eVGA was the first NV card I purchased in 1999ish ...a GeForce 2 GTS....loved that card...no idea where it is now...I feel you, OP

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

aka_STEVE_b
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 17692
  • Ribbons : 69
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/27 08:10:26 (permalink)
Yeah , I really thought/ hoped  that 2023 would bring in an announcement of EVGA partnering w/ either Intel , -AMD  , or both ...for new graphics cards

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
blackforce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 883
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/27 08:20:33 (permalink)
orkan
The year was 2001, and I went down to get a new graphics card. There sat an EVGA GeForce 3 on the shelf.
That was the day that everything changed. It was the first time I bought a top of the line graphics card. I had always bought lesser models before that... so this was my first flagship card. 

EVGA was my "go-to" graphics card supplier for over the past twenty years. When I wanted a card for any system I cared about, it was an EVGA. I've purchased their top air cooled card every, or every other architecture... since 2001. It's time to upgrade once again. Not because my EVGA 3090 FTW3 has anything wrong with it... but because I've always wanted the top available performance. This card has been an absolute rock for the past two years of use. My 32:9 super ultrawide monitor demands a beast of a card to hit 120fps at full resolution in most games. The 3090 can just barely handle it even with low settings in many games and the render times for encoding video could use a serious boost. 

I built my first computer when I was 15yrs old. Since then, I've had to watch things I loved in this industry be consumed by greed and apathy. Things always change, but this just doesn't feel good. The industry has lost a piece of its soul, and I blame nvidia... yet I just can't bring myself to go to an AMD or intel card. The whole situation stinks of corruption, greed, and violated morality. To be a hardcore gamer in the times of Quake 3 grapple rail gun instagib, and now primarily a content creator that still enjoys games, there's an innocence that's been lost in the industry. I can feel it, and I see creators such as gamers nexus, jay, and linus, revealing the dark inner workings of the industry over and over again. 

In reality, innocence was probably never there to begin with. I was just younger, so I probably didn't notice what was beneath the surface the whole time.  

This chapter of EVGA graphics cards coming to an end, feels like a chapter of my own closing as well. 

Oh, and by the way... I'm well aware that this is the internet, and there will be less than 1% of you that has anything constructive to say about any of this. The rest of you will get right to work engineering a post that is designed to make you feel good and me feel worse. Not to worry... do what you have to do. I won't care one way or the other.

This post was for me, and those that feel what I feel. No one else. Before this asus card arrived, I had to say goodbye, in my own way. 

Asus ROG Strix 4090 OC FTW whine if you want but asus is solid the last motherbord i had from evga was 2010 780i and it was a nightmare went over to asus and never looked back, and the other guy saying watch out if you need a rma yeah right i never had a problem with a rma, but then again i have never needed many cause the products are solid.  

edit Cool GTX Fixed quote added correct ending code
post edited by Cool GTX - 2023/02/27 11:59:53
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31064
  • Ribbons : 123
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/27 12:02:35 (permalink)
temp lock for cleanup

Removed several Off topic posts & the followup conversation

Unlocking

Please remember:

1) to stay on Topic

2) Personal attacks are against the TOS

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members
post edited by Cool GTX - 2023/02/27 12:05:37

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

oldfresh
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/27 12:39:57 (permalink)
Things come and go in the tech industry, just like the Nvidia 2000 series cards, they were a bit of a miss and completely passed me by, when you could get a 1080 Ti or 980 Ti and be happy with it. I guess Nvidia has issues with even numbers, so we're all going to be waiting for the 5000 series cards haha. I might pick up a 4090 Ti, although it is a bit sad that we won't get a 4090 Ti KINGPIN edition.. But who knows what will happen by then. I did hear a rumor that there will not be an intel 14900K on the new chipset, so it looks like 13900K will stay top dog for a while.
oldfresh
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/27 12:42:43 (permalink)
orkan
To be a hardcore gamer in the times of Quake 3 grapple rail gun instagib, and now primarily a content creator that still enjoys games, there's an innocence that's been lost in the industry. I can feel it, and I see creators such as gamers nexus, jay, and linus, revealing the dark inner workings of the industry over and over again. 

Quake live servers are still online and very competitive, and they have instagib servers available. If you have some free time jump in a match and let it rip!
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/27 22:36:28 (permalink)
DamonDelp
If you consider Intel is investing billions of dollars into their own chip manufacturing, and their recent foray into the market with Arc graphics, they are positioned to be a real player in a couple of years.
Intel and AMD both have strong shares of the CPU market.
AMD has been unflinching in their pursuit of improving GPU technology for years, and they continue to make gains.
If Intel can step up in the same way (over the next 2-3 years), but faster and to scale, the low-mid level competition could be great for consumers soon.
And one day -fingers crossed- top of the line cards will actually be competitive across 3 manufacturers.

I think Intel needs a board partner like EVGA or another that makes overclocking friendly cards to really improve the view of them. The performance was good for the first cards but looking at the disassembly video you realize that Intel needs to work on making a card that is easier to modify the cooling if they want a popular card with higher end gamers. I have no question Intel has the budget to get performance where it needs to be but I wonder if the modifications is what they will adapt quickly. The reason I think it might be a problem is at the low and medium level nobody really modifies the cards but they won’t win the high end using glue on a GPU shroud.
post edited by Hoggle - 2023/02/27 22:39:13

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

asmodyus
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 834
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/02/28 09:15:08 (permalink)
Yeah but I feel EVGA was dying on the Graphic card and customer service way before Covid when they got rid of there inhouse repair department and went to just replacements only it started changing. Seems like all the RMA customer service is the same across the board now, nobody is better or worse than anybody. But I think we are gong to see a slash in graphic card prices within the next 6 months 4080 sales are horrible and the 4090 are being limited to try and pick up the 4080 sales but its not working. I feel like what they will probably do is relase the 4090 TI at around the 4090 price now and lower the rest. They done this before and the market is starting to show that no one is buying at the current prices for the 4080 (everybody is buying the 4070TI)
so we are due for a market adjustment. Problem is the Covid and Cyrpto really boost the profit margins for the industry for a while but that's now over and they are trying to cling on to those numbers but it not going to happen so they will have to adjust to the market sooner than later.

Have a EVGA product to register? Please use my Affiliate Code when registering your product.
Click the banner to register with my Affiliate Code. Thank You Very Much!

Heatware           
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102447
  • Ribbons : 85
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/03/01 00:18:15 (permalink)
Computex 2023 is a few months away. I'm curious what the major tech companies will introduce at that time. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/03/02 17:10:42 (permalink)
asmodyus
Yeah but I feel EVGA was dying on the Graphic card and customer service way before Covid when they got rid of there inhouse repair department and went to just replacements only it started changing. Seems like all the RMA customer service is the same across the board now, nobody is better or worse than anybody. But I think we are gong to see a slash in graphic card prices within the next 6 months 4080 sales are horrible and the 4090 are being limited to try and pick up the 4080 sales but its not working. I feel like what they will probably do is relase the 4090 TI at around the 4090 price now and lower the rest. They done this before and the market is starting to show that no one is buying at the current prices for the 4080 (everybody is buying the 4070TI)
so we are due for a market adjustment. Problem is the Covid and Cyrpto really boost the profit margins for the industry for a while but that's now over and they are trying to cling on to those numbers but it not going to happen so they will have to adjust to the market sooner than later.

100% 

Hope to see drastic price drops.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2369
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/03/10 17:36:32 (permalink)
Industry is going along , things got expensive so it slow as hell , only EVGA has retired , not dead but pulse faint....
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/03/11 02:38:16 (permalink)
asmodyus

I think that the RMA customer service will become a thing people start to talk about now for another brand. It used to be when it came to customer service EVGA was the brand people talked about but now they don't make a GPU people will start to talk about someone else.

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/03/12 05:15:06 (permalink)
Hoggle

I think that the RMA customer service will become a thing people start to talk about now for another brand. It used to be when it came to customer service EVGA was the brand people talked about but now they don't make a GPU people will start to talk about someone else.

No one will come close.  EVGA was stellar when it came to CS.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
veganfanatic
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2122
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/03/12 09:25:17 (permalink)
I am sticking with the opinion that mining was the main driver that drove EVGA away from graphics cards.

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
DJDimmy
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/03/12 17:20:18 (permalink)
The industry has always been cutthroat and not always fair; however EVGA provided a level of customer service that instilled trust and loyalty that is unrivaled in the sector.  I wish all the best for EVGA staff and its leadership; that they can continue to innovate outside of graphics cards.  Thank you for sharing your experiences Orkan.
mrniceguy8211
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/03/17 12:12:29 (permalink)
Yes EVGA's customer service is top notch. I will be in the market to replace my Corsair power supply later this year and will pick up my first EVGA branded one. I was late to the game for their GPU's as I have only purchased 2 of them. Both are still serving me well. The only "issue" I had was taken care of by them very quickly and professionally.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI)
32GB TeamGroup T-Force Dark Za 3600Mhz C16
EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra
Corsair RM850i
Asus MG279Q

kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/03/22 15:38:05 (permalink)
A: Nothing ever changes
B: Always buy the cheapest model
irakandjii
  • Total Posts : 65
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/03/24 17:33:54 (permalink)
I too feel the void left by EVGA's exit from the GPU market.
cneuhauser
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1334
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/04/18 13:48:14 (permalink)
I haven't been on this website in many years... but it's good to see some of the regulars have stuck around; feels like hope.

I can't agree more with the OP on this. The industry in fact does feel somewhat dead, from offerings of motherboards and processors to GPUs, to gaming itself. I do feel that there was a golden age of gaming just after the turn of the century. Just think about it, Blizzard, Bethesda, were both firing on all cylinders... now they've both laid some serious eggs; stinky ones at that.

However, I'll disagree with the EVGA sentimentality. Some of us are old enough to remember the "Life Time Warranty" that EVGA was granting. Some of us are old enough to remember certain CSRs coming into these forums and handing out Steam Game codes on a whim. Not to say that EVGA is a bad company, but they used to be much better. I actually saw this one coming, just look at some of my old posts.

I'll also make another prediction... EVGA will close shop by the end of '25 if not earlier. Nvidia was most certainly the main catalyst for this, but EVGA made some decisions that would lead it to this as well. Unfortunately a lot of gaming has deteriorated as well, polished and quality products are few and far between. Who knows, maybe it's my nostalgia of being able to afford high-end gear, but I most certainly cannot anymore.

I think the PC market is slowly coming down to earth now...hopefully our economy turns around and things ramp up again in our lifetime but who knows.

Entho Evolv Anthracite Grey
ASUS ROG E-Gaming X299
i7 9800x 4.8ghz on water (Cuplex Vision block) 
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra / Water / EK Block
GSkill Trident Z - 32gig
2x Samsung 1TB SSD Evo
Intel SSD 730 Series 240GB 
Windows 10 Ultimate  
EVGA 1600 SuperNova T2 
Samsung G7 Faker 32" 240hz monitor
Asus ROG Swift PG329Q 175hz monitor
SteelSeries Arctis Pro+DAC
B&W 801s, Driven by Sumo Amp via DAC
cneuhauser
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1334
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/04/18 13:50:04 (permalink)
asmodyus

^^^This post

Entho Evolv Anthracite Grey
ASUS ROG E-Gaming X299
i7 9800x 4.8ghz on water (Cuplex Vision block) 
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra / Water / EK Block
GSkill Trident Z - 32gig
2x Samsung 1TB SSD Evo
Intel SSD 730 Series 240GB 
Windows 10 Ultimate  
EVGA 1600 SuperNova T2 
Samsung G7 Faker 32" 240hz monitor
Asus ROG Swift PG329Q 175hz monitor
SteelSeries Arctis Pro+DAC
B&W 801s, Driven by Sumo Amp via DAC
donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15894
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/04/18 22:17:08 (permalink)
The thing that annoys me our choices have gotten worse on CS/Tech Support/Warranty, we also may never see the innovation EVGA did on the GPU end of things ever again. Notice on the 4090 series most have gone in lock step with how nvidia wants things to be. EVGA smashed records with their ES never to be released prototype for retail 4090's.
Those thinking EVGA was dying before the shortages and the scamdemic are correct. That started when Andrew Han pushed out Keith Rotchford who was the one actually building up the things we loved about EVGA. Andrew Han has single handedly been nose diving EVGA since he forcefully took over and forced his business partner out. Then Shamino warned Andrew of the x58 issue, Andrew ignored it. Then when it became an issue of the 24pin yeeting at the 12v. Andrew pissed Shamino off so much that he left. We have witnessed EVGA's slow crash and burn decline now for years with the things that made it amazing go away. It was some of the staff who stuck around, Kingpin, and us loyal customers that threw money at them that has kept EVGA going. Then the boom during the scamdemic those profit margins do not last forever... Then with Andrew Hans ego combined with the games nvidia plays. That was that.... the conclusion. If Andrew Han really wanted the company to maintain the reputation Keith built up for him he would not have done a lot of what he did. If he truly wanted to preserve EVGA's reputation before his rash decision, he would have appointed a board of directors before dropping a nuke on the bridge between EVGA and Nvidia letting people who had better business sense that loved the company lead the helm. Andrew it also seems is looking out for #1 himself. I cannot blame him quit while you're ahead and his actions though the years as a bad businessman that ahead line was getting close to falling off a cliff into financial ruin. We are seeing that even now as he cuts corners selling inferior products to what we are normally accustomed to cutting ties with the higher end PSU manufacturers for the cheap janky ones for example. 
After multiple EVGA psu's going out, no more cards, boards cool but kingpin is gone and their flavors have been stale on layouts.

I probably will never buy another product of theirs again. It was nice of Andrew to allow us to get an extended warranty refund when it is probably cheaper to do that than to try to fix/replace the gpu for us later and try to fulfil that obligation for however long they are still open. I really do not see EVGA being around long those with 5-10 year warranties or still products with lifetime GL on ever trying to collect later. Too many are now leaving the sinking ship for opportunities that give them some kind of future and challenge. Like look how good EVGA was ran in Europe by one of the employees that came from the states that loved EVGA. They did a better job than Andrew running the EVGA Europe branch while there. Just saying. It is what it is. No amount of complaining/arguing/trying to figure out what happened will not fix it now. EVGA has always been private, we never had a true say in it from the start.
post edited by donta1979 - 2023/04/18 22:24:29

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: The industry feels dead now. 2023/04/19 05:49:29 (permalink)
Jacob F is gone, so dead it is...
Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile