Mod Tesla BIOS to increase boost clock

Author
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11105
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 65
2023/02/08 22:00:20 (permalink)
I am trying to overclock a Tesla P100 GPU, but if I move the slider over no matter the software I use it does not stay.
So I am thinking is there a way to increase the base clock or boost clock or any way to get this card to run any faster?
Maybe by modding the BIOS and flashing the card. Any ideas?
Thanks
Bill

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

4 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Mod Tesla BIOS to increase boost clock 2023/02/09 14:38:18 (permalink)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Mod Tesla BIOS to increase boost clock 2023/02/09 16:16:17 (permalink)
    Thanks coolGTX I’ll look into that for sure.
    I am putting the cards under water so there should be headroom there.
    All the parts just came in. Blocks are on the cards now the two CPU blocks came and the new CPUs and memory came. Ready to build!

karlshady
    • Total Posts : 5
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Mod Tesla BIOS to increase boost clock 2023/03/01 01:34:04 (permalink)
    Hey there! It's important to be cautious when modifying your GPU's BIOS. While it may increase your boost clock, there's also a chance that it could damage your graphics card or void your warranty. If you do decide to modify your BIOS, make sure to thoroughly research the process and follow instructions carefully. It's also a good idea to back up your original BIOS before making any changes. Alternatively, you could look into overclocking your GPU using software tools, which can often achieve similar results without the risk of BIOS modification. Good luck and happy gaming!
    bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Mod Tesla BIOS to increase boost clock 2023/03/01 11:23:50 (permalink)
    karlshady
    Hey there! It's important to be cautious when modifying your GPU's BIOS. While it may increase your boost clock, there's also a chance that it could damage your graphics card or void your warranty. If you do decide to modify your BIOS, make sure to thoroughly research the process and follow instructions carefully. It's also a good idea to back up your original BIOS before making any changes. Alternatively, you could look into overclocking your GPU using software tools, which can often achieve similar results without the risk of BIOS modification. Good luck and happy gaming!

Thanks for the tips. The cards are old and bought used so no warranty. 
    I tried several software programs to OC. and when I set the speed higher and hit apply or enter, it goes right back to stock settings. Nothing can be changed, speed, voltage or memory are locked down. I believe Tesla GPUs are protected from OC because they are data processors and have no video output, so stability is utmost important in most cases. These are water cooled and there is plenty of headroom left and I know they can do better.
    I have flashed GPU and CPU BIOS before and would save the original first. When I get more time I will figure out how to do it, I found the software to mod the BIOS and have the flashing tool too. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile