EVGA

Has anyone else gotten an RMA card back with issues?

Author
Korbian
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/01/28 22:36:57 (permalink)
Has anyone else received a damaged card back from their RMA?  I sent in my 3090 over the holidays because it up and died on me the process went smooth but the card it got back has PCB damage in the corner which doesn't seem to affect its function, what appears to be a burnt chip near one of the memory chip and was full of dog hair (I don't have a dog).  I would have never seen these issues if I hadn't taken the cooler off to install my water block.  The card boots and runs fine so I assumed everything was good to go before I removed the stock cooler. I am really disappointed in receiving such a low grade card in return, probably rushed due to the holiday and possibly low stock on these considering the chip shortages. Browsing the forum this doesn't seem to be the only time damaged cards have slipped out has anyone else had similar experience? I am assuming most of these go unnoticed because the cooler stays on and it work or doesn't and gets returned again.  

(Pics attached, I stopped cleaning the thermal pad remains once I noticed the issues below)

4 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Has anyone else gotten an RMA card back with issues? 2022/01/28 22:45:39 (permalink)
    Good thing you caught that damage on the pcb. Evga voids warranty for damage like that.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Has anyone else gotten an RMA card back with issues? 2022/01/29 08:15:38 (permalink)
    I would .... RMA after talking with customer service

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Has anyone else gotten an RMA card back with issues? 2022/01/29 21:56:20 (permalink)

Don't accept.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Korbian
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Has anyone else gotten an RMA card back with issues? 2022/01/30 01:10:28 (permalink)
    That is the other part of my issue I made a support ticket 1/6 and it took until 1/23 to get this reply below basically putting the blame on me

Hello,
    After review, we are unable to assist with this damage, as its outside our warranty terms. The bracket and PCB are also damaged, and this would not have passed any inspections for an RMA replacement. Also, the factory thermal pads and grease have been altered. A factory sealed card or RMA replacement would not have been refurbished to spec in this condition. I apologize for any inconvenience.
    Regards,
    EVGA

Then again replied 1/24 stating they don't make mistakes

1/24
    Hello,
    All products are inspected before being shipped out as replacements. All replacements would be recertified to spec, and this card would not have been shipped out with physical damage and non-factory thermal pads. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.
    Regards,
    EVGA

And after round and round on support they replied again they don't make these mistakes

1/27
    Hello

We are reaching out to you about the serial in the subject line. We had this reviewed by the RMA manager and determined that the damage to the card in question would not have left the facility in this condition as all products are thoroughly inspected for any PCB damage prior to shipment and/or recertification. The damage is consistent with the card either being mishandled or dropped. We do apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or concerns please email RMA@EVGA.com

Thank you.
    EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile