UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
simon-says
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/08/04 10:59:59 (permalink)
i just got charged £182.69 customs charge today from Parcelforce UK for the replacment of my 2080ti ftw ultra that i had to rma
my question is... how is it that i got it deliverd to germany fine with no charges but evga cant do the same on the way back for me?

35 Replies Related Threads

random_matt
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/05 03:34:26 (permalink)
    Because customs treat it at the value EVGA states, what do you want them to do? I have zero sympathy now for UK buyers buying their products, this happens all the time.

Corsair 5000D Airflow | EVGA 1000 G6 | EVGA X570 FTW | Ryzen 5800X | EVGA 360 CLC | Corsair 4000MHz 32GB|
    Corsair MP600 2TB | EVGA 3080 Ti FTW Hybrid | Alienware AW2721D | Windows 11

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/05 03:36:34 (permalink)
    Not exactly sure why they blame eVGA for what the Government they elected does.

That's a government issue, not an eVGA issue.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

rickychanny
    • Total Posts : 29
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/05 05:08:59 (permalink)
    hello, can anyone here please help me urgently! I had to RMA my 3090 to EVGA due to it failing, all has gone well until I received the card back at the UK customs, ive waited nearly 16 days for  customs to get in contact they first asked for the original invoice for the card which i sent to them. then this morning i received the below email.
    Hello,

We unfortunately haven’t received the correct paperwork from the sender for us to process through customs. Due to being a warranty replacement, they have sent a proforma invoice which HMRC will not accept as proof.

We need the following paperwork to process through for you:
    Commercial invoice that states it’s a warranty replacement
    The sender to confirm if there was any charge for this replacement

Thank you,
    Devonne
    Customs Clearing Agent
    Parcelforce Worldwide
    i emailed evga to ask for the things asked for reply below

can somebody from evga please get in contact with me please to supply me with the information requested so i can get my card back again.

cheers alan.

Attached Image(s)

random_matt
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/05 05:36:41 (permalink)
    rickychanny
    hello, can anyone here please help me urgently! I had to RMA my 3090 to EVGA due to it failing, all has gone well until I received the card back at the UK customs, ive waited nearly 16 days for  customs to get in contact they first asked for the original invoice for the card which i sent to them. then this morning i received the below email.
    Hello,

We unfortunately haven’t received the correct paperwork from the sender for us to process through customs. Due to being a warranty replacement, they have sent a proforma invoice which HMRC will not accept as proof.

Thank you,
    Devonne
    Customs Clearing Agent
    Parcelforce Worldwide

can somebody from evga please get in contact with me please to supply me with the information requested so i can get my card back again.

cheers alan.

Sorry to hear this, EVGA has been way below par on this issue. Amazon DE, FR, ES or whatever do not have these issues sending stuff to the UK. Anyone defending this crap are clueless, I hope you can sort this out with EVGA support. Copy and paste the response and see if they can sort it out.

Corsair 5000D Airflow | EVGA 1000 G6 | EVGA X570 FTW | Ryzen 5800X | EVGA 360 CLC | Corsair 4000MHz 32GB|

rickychanny
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/05 06:06:47 (permalink)
    random_matt
    rickychanny
    Hello,

Thank you,
    Devonne
    Customs Clearing Agent
    Parcelforce Worldwide

cheers alan.

Sorry to hear this, EVGA has been way below par on this issue. Amazon DE, FR, ES or whatever do not have these issues sending stuff to the UK. Anyone defending this crap are clueless, I hope you can sort this out with EVGA support. Copy and paste the response and see if they can sort it out.

cheers matt, this is beyond disgusting, sorry stupid question where would I copy and paste the reply from EVGA and customs to? sorry, i know just getting used to the forums but thank you for your honest reply.
    random_matt
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/05 07:41:31 (permalink)
    rickychanny
    random_matt
    rickychanny
    Hello,

Thank you,
    Devonne
    Customs Clearing Agent
    Parcelforce Worldwide

cheers alan.

cheers matt, this is beyond disgusting, sorry stupid question where would I copy and paste the reply from EVGA and customs to? sorry, i know just getting used to the forums but thank you for your honest reply.

supporteu@evga.com
    They may have just made a simple mistake, however, loads of people are having to pay customs when it comes back even with all the correct paper work.
    post edited by random_matt - 2021/08/05 07:43:12

simon-says
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/05 08:37:01 (permalink)
    im going to try "Report incorrect Customs Duty or VAT on items imported by post (BOR286)" form a go an make a claim.

il post back here to let you know how it turns out

Audioboxer
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 190
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/05 11:22:44 (permalink)
    simon-says
    im going to try "Report incorrect Customs Duty or VAT on items imported by post (BOR286)" form a go an make a claim.

il post back here to let you know how it turns out

Best of luck. I've literally just sent a 2080Ti off for RMA and this story obviously has me worried. I sent with UPS.

Unfortunately anything coming back with Parcelforce/Royal Mail seems to be the most likely to get incorrect import/custom charges.

I don't know if EVGA use multiple couriers or if it's all the same to the UK now. Looks like it's Parcelfarce making a mess of everything.
    post edited by Audioboxer - 2021/08/05 11:25:42
    simon-says
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/05 13:37:54 (permalink)
    Audioboxer
    Best of luck. I've literally just sent a 2080Ti off for RMA and this story obviously has me worried. I sent with UPS.
    Unfortunately anything coming back with Parcelforce/Royal Mail seems to be the most likely to get incorrect import/custom charges.
    I don't know if EVGA use multiple couriers or if it's all the same to the UK now. Looks like it's Parcelfarce making a mess of everything.

they use DHL but when it gets to the uk its handed over to parcelforce for the customs and delivery.
    dont think we have a choice there

heres an idea for you EVGA:
    how about make a deal to use another business to handle the shipping and rmas.
    like when i needed to rma some corsair ram one time they told me to send it to scan computers to deal with it.
    even though i never got it from scan.
    scan then sent me the new ram and i never had to post anything to another country.
    evga has deals with scan how about get them to handle these things its realy not that hard is it
    Audioboxer
    Superclocked Member
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/05 13:42:02 (permalink)
    simon-says
    Audioboxer

they use DHL but when it gets to the uk its handed over to parcelforce for the customs and delivery.
    dont think we have a choice there

heres an idea for you EVGA:
    how about make a deal to use another business to handle the shipping and rmas.
    like when i needed to rma some corsair ram one time they told me to send it to scan computers to deal with it.
    even though i never got it from scan.
    scan then sent me the new ram and i never had to post anything to another country.
    evga has deals with scan how about get them to handle these things its realy not that hard is it

Parcelfarce are basically the Royal Mails lapdogs and you can always expect to be overcharged and treated poorly on anything to do with international deliveries.

This is talking from experience even when we were in the EU! I wish EVGA used UPS back to the UK, then it wouldn't be handed off and service is generally good enough with UPS.

As for your recommendation that is how we can treat warranties within like the first 12 months. EVGA offer longer warranties than some companies and years in is when you have to switch from retailer to manufacturer.

I'm confident you'll get your money back eventually, it's just fighting parcelfarce. Brexit isn't EVGA fault as annoyed as customers are with this mess. And whatever business deal they have with DHL for delivering goods they aren't going to change that up just for the UK :(

Best of luck mate.
    post edited by Audioboxer - 2021/08/05 13:43:44
    rickychanny
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/05 17:25:12 (permalink)
    hello, matt.

I don't think that's a mistake I emailed support 4 times yesterday, each time it was as if I was talking to the wall! and explained a proforma invoice wasn't what I needed I need a commercial invoice, yet with each reply, I was sent the same form the proforma invoice. if you have any pull with EVGA could you please help, all I need is a commercial invoice (not proforma) 
    I only have till the 30 of august before they send the RMA back to EVGA according to the customs agent I spoke to, and yes I understand I may need to pay vat charges I have no problem with that, the problem is asking for one form and my question is completely ignored and im sent the wrong form over and over again.
    random_matt
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/06 00:42:52 (permalink)
    rickychanny
    hello, matt.

I don't think that's a mistake I emailed support 4 times yesterday, each time it was as if I was talking to the wall! and explained a proforma invoice wasn't what I needed I need a commercial invoice, yet with each reply, I was sent the same form the proforma invoice. if you have any pull with EVGA could you please help, all I need is a commercial invoice (not proforma) 
    I only have till the 30 of august before they send the RMA back to EVGA according to the customs agent I spoke to, and yes I understand I may need to pay vat charges I have no problem with that, the problem is asking for one form and my question is completely ignored and im sent the wrong form over and over again.

mkaesbauer@evga.com Try the manager.
    I have zero influence unfortunately.

Audioboxer
    Superclocked Member
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/11 08:55:09 (permalink)
    rickychanny
    hello, matt.

Did you get any further with this? My RMA shipped today with DHL who I presume hand off to parelforce at UK end which is what causes issues with customs.

I had no issues at all sending to EVGA in Germany with UPS. All that was needed was the proforma invoices. Seems like parelforce have no idea what they're doing.
    Audioboxer
    Superclocked Member
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/16 09:42:59 (permalink)
    simon-says, got hit with import charges on my 2080Ti as well. Just waiting on letter with bill now. I tried phoning parcelforce there but after 45 minutes on hold gave up for tonight. Emailed them but I expect hearing back would be days on that. Will try phoning again tomorrow.

Seems like every EVGA package coming into the UK is going to get custom charges because of the proforma invoices. Did you end up deciding to do the BOR286 form?
    simon-says
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/16 11:11:50 (permalink)
    Audioboxer
    simon-says, got hit with import charges on my 2080Ti as well. Just waiting on letter with bill now. I tried phoning parcelforce there but after 45 minutes on hold gave up for tonight. Emailed them but I expect hearing back would be days on that. Will try phoning again tomorrow.

Seems like every EVGA package coming into the UK is going to get custom charges because of the proforma invoices. Did you end up deciding to do the BOR286 form?

took me 2 days to get through to parcelforce i left it ringing for about an hour or 2
    im just waiting on the reply to the BOR286 i sent a week ago to border force sent it with everything i had
    was about 20 pages, original receipts, original postage labels, warranty forms the proforma invoice ect..
    Audioboxer
    Superclocked Member
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/16 11:15:29 (permalink)
    simon-says
    Audioboxer

took me 2 days to get through to parcelforce i left it ringing for about an hour or 2
    im just waiting on the reply to the BOR286 i sent a week ago to border force sent it with everything i had
    was about 20 pages, original receipts, original postage labels, warranty forms the proforma invoice ect..

Oooft, I had a 30 minute wait there. Just made my topic on here even though I need to wait another day for final charge, couldn't pay it tonight. Lady I spoke to basically blamed the proforma invoice.

I've printed off most of my pack to send, will probably be up there at around 10~15 pages as well. Fully expecting some stupid length of time to wait to hear back from the border force. No doubt they do have lots to process due to Brexit.

If they do things in order I guess I'll hear about your experience first if you keep this topic updated. Best of luck, I don't see why we won't get refunded with such evidence. VAT was already paid on card first time around, so charging it again is just wrong. As is any duty tax on an RMA.
    post edited by Audioboxer - 2021/08/16 11:16:51
    Audioboxer
    Superclocked Member
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/16 14:17:08 (permalink)
    simon-says I forgot to ask you earlier, what did the invoice on your package from EVGA look like? This? https://i.imgur.com/PlHP9OJ.png

That was the one I used to send my package out to EVGA via UPS.

Considering what ricky posted in this topic I'll presume this is what the invoices coming back from EVGA look like which UK Customs are not accepting.

16/8/2021 21:12 International Hub Released from customs
    16/8/2021 20:34 International Hub Revised Customs charges raised

I got released from customs tonight but no idea what the revised custom charges is about. I swear if someone has opened the package and decided to charge more due to the inflated graphics card RRP market...

post edited by Audioboxer - 2021/08/16 14:21:17
    Audioboxer
    Superclocked Member
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/17 03:32:45 (permalink)
    simon-says, got the same charge as you. I phoned Parcelforce this morning as tracking had updated to at my local depot and instead of waiting for card got the reference number off customer service. My charge was the same as yours, £182.69.

EVGA have likely attached the same invoice with the same value to my package as they did yours, even if we have different models of the 2080Ti.

Now begins the battle with UK customs, but I do hope EVGA customer service reading these topics can feedback to the EU office in Germany the way they are sending out invoices to the UK for RMAs is going to keep resulting in charges.
    post edited by Audioboxer - 2021/08/17 03:34:05
    simon-says
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/17 09:26:03 (permalink)
    Audioboxer
    simon-says, got the same charge as you. I phoned Parcelforce this morning as tracking had updated to at my local depot and instead of waiting for card got the reference number off customer service. My charge was the same as yours, £182.69.

EVGA have likely attached the same invoice with the same value to my package as they did yours, even if we have different models of the 2080Ti.

Now begins the battle with UK customs, but I do hope EVGA customer service reading these topics can feedback to the EU office in Germany the way they are sending out invoices to the UK for RMAs is going to keep resulting in charges.

yes the invoice on the parcel was the same as yours but had a evga stamp on it

my card is a RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA 11G-P4-2487-KR
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/23 02:08:38 (permalink)
    Hi RickyChanny,

so basically all shipments from UK send in to RMA (EU), needs to be clarified as RMA product - could you please foward the complete email within all attchments and your RMA Number to supporteu@evga.com  - sometimes it takes a while, till the customs getting in contact with us, for above it seems we have not received any information, therefore the email would be needed.

Thx,

Markus
    Audioboxer
    Superclocked Member
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/23 12:48:10 (permalink)
    Any updates from Border force simon? My stuff is away to them but given I think you're approaching 3 weeks I know I'll have a long wait yet.

A question you could maybe also answer for me

My RMA card has these two stickers on the bottom connection, but neither number is the same as the serial on the back on the warranty sticker. Is this OK? I was certain the card I sent to EVGA had the same number on this part of the card as on the back.

It's maybe just an RMA thing or I'm not remembering correctly what my original card was like.
    simon-says
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/25 08:49:58 (permalink)
    Audioboxer

EVGATech_MarkusK

im not sure about the stickers on your card, i never even looked at mine but i got some good news today

i am pleased to announce i got my refund, have a look at the letter they sent me with the reason they give for why this happened

"the sender or postal operator made a mistake,

the electronic customs declaration that was submitted did not match the one affixed to the parcel"

post edited by simon-says - 2021/08/25 11:37:20
    Audioboxer
    Superclocked Member
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/25 08:54:26 (permalink)
    simon-says
    Audioboxer

EVGATech_MarkusK

im not sure about the stickers on your card, i never even looked at mine but i got some good news today

i am pleased to announce i got my refund, have a look at the letter they sent me with the reason they give for why this happened

Yeah don't worry about stickers, I'll ask EVGA. Just worried about my step up if they mention stickers dont match but this is what they sent me!

And fantastic news, I shouldn't be far behind then. Good on you "leading the way" on the forum getting a result with BOR286 which will hopefully help others. Also to letting EVGA know because if it is their mistake this is going to happen to everyone going forward

A mistake which is costing us the handling fee because of course that part doesn't get refunded
    post edited by Audioboxer - 2021/08/25 08:55:27
    slaander
    • Total Posts : 45
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/08/25 11:25:36 (permalink)
    what you should do is look for the customer border office, with your Tracking number, RMA Doc, shipping slip, and what you paid for the shipping. to show them you just paying for the shipping, and the card is replacement. and yeah it will take up your time, or you can just pay up. nowadays most broker/import agency is just a program, they just take the value of the item to do duty and tax.

rickychanny
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/09/14 04:24:44 (permalink)
    hello, evga community,

i feel i need to raise this issue to help people in the UK, who have to RMA a faulty card to EVGA for a replacement I recently had to RMA my 3090 due to an ongoing issue with it, no problems sending it all went well....
    until it came back through customs in the UK!!!! and this goes out to YOU EVGA as a company as it is an absolent disgrace, ok evga send you RMA item back with a PRO-FORMA invoice so you are not charged tax!!!! there is one massive problem with this!!! i bought my card from scan computers uk, and paid V.A.T on it already which is understandable, we all pay V.A.T my problem is becuase it was coming back into the uk there is a new customs law that ANY item coming into the uk, doesn't matter what it is, you will pay V.A.T ON IT so to my utter disgrace on a cardi already paid V.A.T on already i was stung get ready for it people...... £289.44!!! nearly a £100 over the tax i paid when I bought the card and to make it worse this is all legal and above board and there is nothing you can do except say you very much customs UK!!!

so EVGA i now turn to you!!!! can you please open a service center in the UK please where we can return our faulty cards??? for a replacement!!! as having to pay vat twice on something I already paid vat on when I bought it is an absolute disgrace!!! and to make matters even worse the problem i was having with the card I sent back... the new card you sent me has the same frikin problem, so now I'm stuck with a faulty card, I cant send it back to you again, I'm a working man! and cant afford to pay out nearly £300 in vat again plus £40 postage so i ask please open a warehouse in the united kingdom where we the people who are in the UK can send our cards back to be replaced and not be stung with an eye-watering amount of vat!!

you providing a Pro-forma invoice no longer works, and the below-pasted law has been written into the draconian UK laws to shaft us the working-class people vat when they feel like it!!
    post edited by rickychanny - 2021/09/14 04:30:17
    Audioboxer
    Superclocked Member
    Re: UK Customs Charges For RMA £182.69 2021/09/14 04:28:49 (permalink)
    rickychanny
    hello, evga community,

i feel i need to raise this issue to help people in the UK, who have to RMA a faulty card to EVGA for a replacement I recently had to RMA my 3090 due to an ongoing issue with it, no problems sending it all went well....
    until it came back through customs in the UK!!!! and this goes out to YOU EVGA as a company as it is an absolent disgrace, ok evga send you RMA item back with a PRO-FORMA invoice so you are not charged tax!!!! there is one massive problem with this!!! i bought my card from scan computers uk, and paid V.A.T on it already which is understandable, we all pay V.A.T my problem is becuase it was coming back into the uk there is a new customs law that ANY item coming into the uk, doesn't matter what it is, you will pay V.A.T ON IT so to my utter disgrace on a card i already paid V.A.T on already i was stung get ready for it people...... £289.44!!! nearly a £100 over the tax i paid when i bought the card and to make it worse this is all legal and above board and there is nothing you can do except say you very much customs UK!!!

so EVGA i now turn to you!!!! can you please open a service centre in the uk please were we can return our faulty cards??? for a replacement!!! as having to pay vat twice on something i already paid vat on when I bought it is an absolute disgrace!!! and to make matters even worse the problem i was having with the card I sent back... the new card you sent me has the same frikin problem, so now I'm stuck with a faulty card, I cant send it back to you again, I'm a working man! and cant afford to pay out nearly £300 in vat again plus £40 postage so i ask please open a warehouse in the united kingdom where we the people who are in the UK can send our cards back to be replaced and not be stung with an eye-watering amount of vat!!

you providing a pro-forma invoice no longer works, and the below pasted law has been written into the draconian uk laws to shaft us the working-class people vat when they feel like it!!

They just need to fill in the forms correctly, as you can see from the letter above UK border force is blaming the electronic documents EVGA are submitting. They're doing something wrong.

Fill out this form https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-customs-dutyimport-vat-relating-to-imports-by-post-bor286 and send your proof and you should get a refund.

I've been waiting 3 weeks to hear back now, but I was expecting to have to wait 3~6 weeks.
    rickychanny
    hello Markus, i think evga urgently need to help with us in the uk with an RMA 2021/09/14 05:00:34 (permalink)
    hello, evga community,

I feel I need to raise this issue to help people in the UK, who have to RMA a faulty card to EVGA for a replacement I recently had to RMA my 3090 due to an ongoing issue with it, no problems sending it all went well....
    until it came back through customs in the UK!!!! and this goes out to YOU EVGA as a company as it is an absolute disgrace, ok evga send you RMA item back with a PRO-FORMA invoice so you are not charged tax!!!! there is one massive problem with this!!! I bought my card from scan computers UK and paid V.A.T on it already which is understandable, we all pay V.A.T my problem is because it was coming back into the UK there is a new customs law that ANY item coming into the UK, doesn't matter what it is, you will pay V.A.T ON IT so to my utter disgrace on a card I already paid V.A.T on already I was stung get ready for it people...... £289.44!!! nearly £100 over the tax i paid when I bought the card and to make it worse this is all legal and above board and there is nothing you can do except say you very much customs UK!!!

so EVGA I now turn to you!!!! can you please open a service center in the UK please where we can return our faulty cards??? for a replacement!!! as having to pay vat twice on something I already paid vat on when I bought it is an absolute disgrace!!! and to make matters even worse the problem I was having with the cardi sent back... the new card you sent me has the same frikin problem, so now I'm stuck with a faulty card, i cant send it back to you again, I'm a working man! and can't afford to pay out nearly £300 in vat again plus £40 postage so I ask please open a warehouse in the united kingdom where we the people who are in the UK can send our cards back to be replaced and not be stung with an eye-watering amount of vat!!

you providing a Pro-forma invoice no longer works, and the below-pasted law has been written into the draconian UK laws to shaft us the working-class people vat when they feel like it!!

Goods under warranty
    If the goods are replaced under warranty, no duty is due but VAT is chargeable on the full VAT value of the replacements (VAT General Regulations 1995, Regulation 126 refers). This is an important point to bear in mind, as private importers will not be in a position to reclaim import VAT as input tax, but may be able to recover the import VAT paid, under the EC 6th VAT Directive.
    If a charge is made for the repair or replacement, duty and VAT on the repair costs is due as described in the previous paragraph. Replacement goods imported under this facility are subject to the ‘equivalent quality’ criteria described.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-outward-processing-to-process-or-repair-your-goods
    Note - Northern Ireland (NI) Customs Authorisations will continue to fall within the provisions of the Union Customs Code (UCC), as retained by the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 and CEMA 1979
    post edited by rickychanny - 2021/09/14 05:19:03
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102313
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: hello Markus, i think evga urgently need to help with us in the uk with an RMA 2021/09/14 05:10:00 (permalink)
    rickychanny
    hello, evga community,

I feel I need to raise this issue to help people in the UK, who have to RMA a faulty card to EVGA for a replacement I recently had to RMA my 3090 due to an ongoing issue with it, no problems sending it all went well....
    until it came back through customs in the UK!!!! and this goes out to YOU EVGA as a company as it is an absolute disgrace, ok evga send you RMA item back with a PRO-FORMA invoice so you are not charged tax!!!! there is one massive problem with this!!! I bought my card from scan computers UK and paid V.A.T on it already which is understandable, we all pay V.A.T my problem is because it was coming back into the UK there is a new customs law that ANY item coming into the UK, doesn't matter what it is, you will pay V.A.T ON IT so to my utter disgrace on a card I already paid V.A.T on already I was stung get ready for it people...... £289.44!!! nearly £100 over the tax i paid when I bought the card and to make it worse this is all legal and above board and there is nothing you can do except say you very much customs UK!!!

so EVGA I now turn to you!!!! can you please open a service center in the UK please where we can return our faulty cards??? for a replacement!!! as having to pay vat twice on something I already paid vat on when I bought it is an absolute disgrace!!! and to make matters even worse the problem I was having with the cardi sent back... the new card you sent me has the same frikin problem, so now I'm stuck with a faulty card, i cant send it back to you again, I'm a working man! and can't afford to pay out nearly £300 in vat again plus £40 postage so I ask please open a warehouse in the united kingdom where we the people who are in the UK can send our cards back to be replaced and not be stung with an eye-watering amount of vat!!

forwarded to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Audioboxer
    Superclocked Member
    Re: hello Markus, i think evga urgently need to help with us in the uk with an RMA 2021/09/14 05:11:55 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    rickychanny
    hello, evga community,

forwarded to EVGA

EVGA cannot help with the costs, that 100% has to be claimed back by us writing to the Border Force. What would be helpful to forward to EVGA if you can is this letter above from the UK Border Force that says the electronic submissions EVGA are sending are wrong https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3454405

"the sender or postal operator made a mistake,

the electronic customs declaration that was submitted did not match the one affixed to the parcel"

Cheers
    post edited by Audioboxer - 2021/09/14 05:13:17
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile