EVGA Advanced RMA Question

Author
The Mahano
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/09/14 13:32:20 (permalink)
Hey,
I processed an Advanced RMA for my RTX 2080 XC Ultra.  I paid the collateral today via Paypal today, the money has been taken out and is showing in Paypal. However the status is still "Pending Collateral"  Is this checked manually or is it supposed to automatically change the status to paid. 
Just wanna make sure I have not done something wrong.

7 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA Advanced RMA Question 2020/09/14 13:38:24 (permalink)
    I'm not sure how it works with PayPal

Contact EVGA CS, for an answer - how fast this updates

Contact Customer Service

EVGA Advanced RMA

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

The Mahano
    Re: EVGA Advanced RMA Question 2020/09/14 13:41:26 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Contact EVGA CS, for an answer - how fast this updates

Okay will do! 

I didn't wanna waste CS time if its nothing going wrong, wanted to ask here if anyone has had any experience. 

Thanks though.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA Advanced RMA Question 2020/09/14 13:44:42 (permalink)
    I'd wait at least an hour & check your RMA status & email address that you have registered

I'm not sure how it works with PayPal ... thought you needed to use your CC, directly for collateral

1. Upon approval and receipt of RMA number, you must enter collateral in the form of a credit card number (please note: you will not be charged at the time of collateral, EVGA will keep this information on file until after the RMA is complete).
    2. EVGA will now ship your replacement product following the terms of your EAR plan upon receipt of collateral

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

The Mahano
    Re: EVGA Advanced RMA Question 2020/09/14 14:29:25 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    I'd wait at least an hour & check your RMA status & email address that you have registered

I'm not sure how it works with PayPal ... thought you needed to use your CC, directly for collateral

1. Upon approval and receipt of RMA number, you must enter collateral in the form of a credit card number (please note: you will not be charged at the time of collateral, EVGA will keep this information on file until after the RMA is complete).
    2. EVGA will now ship your replacement product following the terms of your EAR plan upon receipt of collateral

Im in the UK so maybe its different, it wouldn't let me use CC only paypal checkout.
    sparetimepc
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2413
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: EVGA Advanced RMA Question 2020/09/16 02:16:09 (permalink)
    Yeah my experience has always been cc also, I was never given option for PayPal

The Mahano
    Re: EVGA Advanced RMA Question 2020/09/16 07:09:22 (permalink)
    Okay so it wont let me post a screenshot, but yeah Contacted CS, they told me money hasn't been received, but its come out of my paypal. They gave me two numbers a german number (Which costs me to call). and a UK number which isnt active :(.  Never had an issue with EVGA RMA's had a broken power supply and RMA was fantastic. but Advanced RMA seems to be taking longer lol. I just hope we get this sorted soon, the £800 Deposit thing is alot of money haha. 
    Zeddivile
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 761
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: EVGA Advanced RMA Question 2020/09/16 14:10:44 (permalink)
    The Mahano
    Okay so it wont let me post a screenshot, but yeah Contacted CS, they told me money hasn't been received, but its come out of my paypal. They gave me two numbers a german number (Which costs me to call). and a UK number which isnt active :(.  Never had an issue with EVGA RMA's had a broken power supply and RMA was fantastic. but Advanced RMA seems to be taking longer lol. I just hope we get this sorted soon, the £800 Deposit thing is alot of money haha. 

This is my only problem with EVGA.  WHY DOES ADVANCED RMA a product sold as a mechanism for rapid replacement and yet it takes longer than a normal RMA or is completely ignored.  I am almost over it now but on principle this behavior is not good business...

"This stuff breaks my tiny often dehydrated and carb deprived hamster brain" -2019

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile