AnsweredAdvanced Tracking Protection, Firefox and the EVGA Forums

Author
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7220
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2020/07/07 18:46:50 (permalink)
I have been using the advanced tracking protection feature set to "strict" in Firefox for a while now and EVGA forums work fine. Usually, if a site doesn't work, I simply don't go to that site. All of the sudden a couple of days ago the EVGA forums site no longer works with it set to strict, did something change? I don't see why EVGA would care about ad blockers on their forums, THERE ARE NO ADS! What gives?

EDIT: BTW, I was getting the "site down" message with the Firefox "strict" setting.
post edited by chrisdglong - 2020/07/07 18:50:29
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Advanced Tracking Protection, Firefox and the EVGA Forums 2020/07/07 19:24:55 (permalink)
chrisdglong
I have been using the advanced tracking protection feature set to "strict" in Firefox for a while now and EVGA forums work fine. Usually, if a site doesn't work, I simply don't go to that site. All of the sudden a couple of days ago the EVGA forums site no longer works with it set to strict, did something change? I don't see why EVGA would care about ad blockers on their forums, THERE ARE NO ADS! What gives?

EDIT: BTW, I was getting the "site down" message with the Firefox "strict" setting.

Actually the site has been down the last few days or at least over the weekend so I can assure you it's not on your end as I was experiencing the same thing.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1132
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Advanced Tracking Protection, Firefox and the EVGA Forums 2020/07/07 21:10:53 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Cool GTX 2020/07/12 12:09:47
chrisdglong

We had some power issues that did affect our servers over the weekend but outside of that nothing has changed and we do not mind if you have a adblocker because we do not advert anything other than EVGA products. 
kelkel1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 601
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Advanced Tracking Protection, Firefox and the EVGA Forums 2020/07/08 13:09:43 (permalink)
DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials gives forums.evga.com a B+ rating.

Z390 DARK, 9900K, 2080 FTW3 ULTRA, GSKILL 4500, 960EVO M.2
https://valid.x86.fr/52sqs5
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Advanced Tracking Protection, Firefox and the EVGA Forums 2020/07/12 12:11:04 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM
chrisdglong

We had some power issues that did affect our servers over the weekend but outside of that nothing has changed and we do not mind if you have a adblocker because we do not advert anything other than EVGA products. 

I also had issues .. site was down as mentioned above

I run my security very restrictive ... no issues with FF

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile