EVGA

EVGA NU Audio Card Review used with Audacity recording and editing software.

Author
Stabella
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/06/24 19:20:09 (permalink)
This is my review of the EVGA NU Audio Card.
I was looking for a high-end sound card to make stereo recordings of local bands in the area and I didn't care about bright colors and blinking lights or surround sound. I'm using it with Audacity that I compiled with ASIO support to record music. I found out that when using Audacity with ASIO support that you need to select 4 tracks to record if using line inputs, because the mic input is tracks 1-2 and line in is 3-4. If you only want line in delete tracks 1&2 when the recording is finished. The EVGA NU Sound cards digital input filters work great and it's very important to understand what they do and the manual does not explain what they do in enough detail. If you do a search online for the "AK5572" A/D converter you can find the data sheet that explains what the filters do, I use the "Acoustic Sound filter" for the line input and recordings sound very good. It's nice that you can change the OP-AMP'S but I don't see any reason to replace them, the ones it comes with sound very good. I'm using the beta version of the driver software "EVGA NU Audio_0.2.1.11_WIN10(beta)" and it works good. I'm only using the beta version because I read that other people had problems using ASIO with the released version.
My computer has a Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3 v1.1 mother board with an Intel I5-2500K CPU and 8 GB of RAM and a Corsair CX600 power supply. The EVGA NU audio card turned my computer into a studio quality audio recorder. I'm also impressed with the audio play back and I like using headphones more then I ever did before. I'm a 100% satisfied.

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Review used with Audacity recording and editing software. 2020/06/24 19:28:19 (permalink)
    Stabella
    This is my review of the EVGA NU Audio Card.
    I was looking for a high-end sound card to make stereo recordings of local bands in the area and I didn't care about bright colors and blinking lights or surround sound. I'm using it with Audacity that I compiled with ASIO support to record music. I found out that when using Audacity with ASIO support that you need to select 4 tracks to record if using line inputs, because the mic input is tracks 1-2 and line in is 3-4. If you only want line in delete tracks 1&2 when the recording is finished. The EVGA NU Sound cards digital input filters work great and it's very important to understand what they do and the manual does not explain what they do in enough detail. If you do a search online for the "AK5572" A/D converter you can find the data sheet that explains what the filters do, I use the "Acoustic Sound filter" for the line input and recordings sound very good. It's nice that you can change the OP-AMP'S but I don't see any reason to replace them, the ones it comes with sound very good. I'm using the beta version of the driver software "EVGA NU Audio_0.2.1.11_WIN10(beta)" and it works good. I'm only using the beta version because I read that other people had problems using ASIO with the released version.
    My computer has a Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3 v1.1 mother board with an Intel I5-2500K CPU and 8 GB of RAM and a Corsair CX600 power supply. The EVGA NU audio card turned my computer into a studio quality audio recorder. I'm also impressed with the audio play back and I like using headphones more then I ever did before. I'm a 100% satisfied.

Glad your happy with your EVGA NU Audio Card

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile