EVGA

HELP Please. Flash vBios GTX 1050

Author
MaatHudd
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/04/05 09:53:54 (permalink)
I have an MSI GP72 7RD laptop, and because of Corona lock down I actually want to do some gaming on it. Unfortunately the game (Call of Duty) just keeps crashing/closing.

I have been on different forums and found that many others have the same problem with this laptop and have advised a solution of flashing the vbios. (Some say vbios 86.04.5B.00.82 others say 86.04.5B.00.8A - I don't have a clue what the difference is).

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, Driver version 26.21.14.4575

I don't really know computers that well. Can someone please provide me with the correct file to download and some instructions on how to flash the GPU?

Kind Regards

Matt

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: HELP Please. Flash vBios GTX 1050 2020/04/05 12:29:21 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Moving to Hardware as this is about your MSI laptop

Home » All Forums » [Computer Hardware & Software] » Hardware

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: HELP Please. Flash vBios GTX 1050 2020/04/05 12:31:04 (permalink)
    None of those vbios are for your card, so flashing them isn't recommended as you'll most likely brick your card. Try the following...

#4 How to underclock with MSI afterburner:
    • Download & install latest version of msi afterburner. Latest version of msi afterburner can be found here.
    • Run msi afterburner and adjust the following settings... set core clock (MHz) to as far negative as you can set it. Set memory clock (mhz) to as far negative as you can set it. Click apply (check mark button) to apply the changes.
    • Retest system for issues. Leave afterburner running while retesting for problems.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: HELP Please. Flash vBios GTX 1050 2020/04/05 12:33:50 (permalink)
    Laptops are best upgraded from the OEM files (MSI in your case)

Flashing the VBIOS is not a thing for a rookie to try... unless they do their homework ... & know it can go sideways

Make sure your OS & drivers are all up to date

Read the file notes on any BIOS files that MSI has on their site ... follow the direction to the Letter, if you want to flash the BIOS

DDU is a free utility that can cleanup drivers to get your Registry cleaned up when updating the GPU driver  .... run it in Safe mode

Nvidia has the GPU drivers for download ... you need to know your OS details

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile