H370 Stinger BIOS update v1.08 - help!

Author
.Support
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/02/29 13:37:28 (permalink)
Hi EVGA and EVGA Community!

I just downloaded the BIOS v1.08 to update my H370 Stinger from https://www.evga.com/support/download/showdlinfo.aspx?id=16833&type=N&acctype=BIOS&accversion=1.08&part_number=111-CS-E371

I first updated ME to the latest. the 12.0.49.1534 is not available on your website but the 12.0.1124 is.

I then continued and unzipped the files (BIOS files) onto a freshly formatted USB stick with FAT32 as suggested.
I then rebooted and went into BIOS and nagivated to "Select BIOS File." and chose the .bin file as suggested. Everything looked right and it seemed like it did as it should. After it rebooted by itself it went all black screen. I let it sit for 1 hour with black screen hoping that it was still installing but then restarted it after an hour, because it should not take that long?? After that nothing posting to screen from both graphicscard and motherboard itself from neither HDMI or Displayport. Did it get bricked? 

I wanted to update it because I was experiencing some stuttering in games every 3-4 minutes since purchase but was scared to update BIOS because I have read people bricking their mobo even when following official websites protocol/manual/suggestion and because I was planning to upgrade my CPU soon. Is there anything I can do to help the issue? Or what should I do from here? RMA? 

Best regards,
Huy/.Support
post edited by .Support - 2020/02/29 16:02:25

9 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49170
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: H370 Stinger BIOS update v1.08 - help! 2020/02/29 14:27:55 (permalink)
    You'll have to send the board in.
    .Support
    Re: H370 Stinger BIOS update v1.08 - help! 2020/02/29 14:31:03 (permalink)
    Sajin
    You'll have to send the board in.

Through RMA or? My motherboard is only 1,5 years old. I think it has a 3 year warranty.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: H370 Stinger BIOS update v1.08 - help! 2020/02/29 14:31:38 (permalink)
    Yes rma.
    .Support
    Re: H370 Stinger BIOS update v1.08 - help! 2020/02/29 14:43:38 (permalink)
    Ok thanks. So there is nothing to do? Did it get bricked? 
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: H370 Stinger BIOS update v1.08 - help! 2020/02/29 15:02:32 (permalink)
    Nope. Sounds like it.
    .Support
    Re: H370 Stinger BIOS update v1.08 - help! 2020/03/01 21:23:46 (permalink)
    So I have already contacted EVGA Support with the issue through the service center, but still haven't got a reply yet (probably because it's weekend). But I have found out that the mobo has clear-CMOS jumper. I haven't used it yet since I am afraid of voiding my warranty, but if I could get permission by a staff-member from EVGA in this forum I would like continue and try to unplug the PC from PSU and disconnect the battery and use the clear CMOS jumper
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: H370 Stinger BIOS update v1.08 - help! 2020/03/02 07:33:09 (permalink)
    .Support
    So I have already contacted EVGA Support with the issue through the service center, but still haven't got a reply yet (probably because it's weekend). But I have found out that the mobo has clear-CMOS jumper. I haven't used it yet since I am afraid of voiding my warranty, but if I could get permission by a staff-member from EVGA in this forum I would like continue and try to unplug the PC from PSU and disconnect the battery and use the clear CMOS jumper

YES, You can clear CMOS ...  Follow the directions in your H370 Stinger manual  

(excerpt Page 113 in Manual)

jump the CMOS Jumper Posts, which you can find on Page 10, component 12. A small metal jumper or another metallic object, such as a screwdriver, must be used to bridge the two posts to clear CMOS. Once complete, all settings will return to default in the motherboard BIOS. The system canpower on automatically when the CMOS is reset, which is normal. This should allow the system to boot up.

You Will Loose all settings .... not really an issue after a Flash as the values would be "default values" any ways

motherboard cannot detect a Keyboard, the system will fail to POST - plug in a regular USB keyboard, reboot, enter BIOS - Not wireless

you should Also try:
    - one stick of memory in “DIMM slot 1” and retest
    - remove GPU & just use the iGPU - HDMI port on back of MB --> unlikely to make a change but easy to test

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

.Support
    Re: H370 Stinger BIOS update v1.08 - help! 2020/03/02 10:54:17 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    .Support

YES, You can clear CMOS ...  Follow the directions in your H370 Stinger manual  

(excerpt Page 113 in Manual)

jump the CMOS Jumper Posts, which you can find on Page 10, component 12. A small metal jumper or another metallic object, such as a screwdriver, must be used to bridge the two posts to clear CMOS. Once complete, all settings will return to default in the motherboard BIOS. The system canpower on automatically when the CMOS is reset, which is normal. This should allow the system to boot up.

You Will Loose all settings .... not really an issue after a Flash as the values would be "default values" any ways

motherboard cannot detect a Keyboard, the system will fail to POST - plug in a regular USB keyboard, reboot, enter BIOS - Not wireless

you should Also try:
    - one stick of memory in “DIMM slot 1” and retest
    - remove GPU & just use the iGPU - HDMI port on back of MB --> unlikely to make a change but easy to test

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! THIS SOLVED MY PROBLEM!!! FOR SOME REASON IT DID NOT LIKE MY VORTEX RACE 3 KEYBOARD, I THEN DISCONNECTED IT AND GRABBED AN OLD LOGITECH G413 KEYBOARD I HAD LAYING AROUND AND PLUGGED IT INTO THE SAME USB PORT AND IT RESURRECTED!!! I DID NOT WANT TO WAIT FOR THE HASSLE OF RMA.. YOU SAVED ME SO MUCH TIME AND ENERGY!! BTW IT BOOTED WITH V1.08 !!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! <3
    post edited by .Support - 2020/03/02 10:56:52
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: H370 Stinger BIOS update v1.08 - help! 2020/03/02 15:03:20 (permalink)
    Glad to hear a cmos clear fixed it.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile