EVGA

The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired.

Author
MaddMutt
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2019/10/13 05:34:37 (permalink)
I will take the time and write what I think, even though this Post will probably be deleted :( I'm also not the best writer but will try and get my thoughts across.

- I can't understand why you would want to bring a " NEW " name to the market?? This would be like NIKE renaming the MJ shoes - HOOPS - and saying they are just as good.
You have built a Brand following of the Classified and KingPin series. I can understand if you do not wish to pay Vince anymore to use his name BUT think about it first.
- Here are some observations that I have seen and some may come about.
1) You already have the FTW Series Motherboards and Video Cards. - Market these as " Made for the Gamer" and "Works Best with FTW Series Products. Build them to work best on Air and Water.
2) You already have the Classified Series Motherboards and Video Cards - Market these as "Best For All Around Situations" and "Works Best with Classified Series Products - These previous products were GREAT all around performers. They worked great on Air and Water. They could also handle the amateur Overclocker if they wished to use Chilled Water, SS, Dice, or even some LN2. Continue to build them for ALL Situations (Dual BIOS, Slow Mode, LN2 Mode, High Voltage Setting in BIOS, Ect, Ect)
3) You already have the KingPin Series Video Cards that are Marketed for the Extreme Overclocker. Whether they be amateur or professional. It shouldn't be hard to also bring to market a KingPin Motherboard (instead of the current "DARK" named motherboards. Market theses as "Built for the Extreme Overclocker" and Works Best with KingPin Series Products. Continue to build them for the Extreme Overclocker.

- I may be wrong but I see in the future of the products from Asus and MSI that they will tie in their motherboard and video cards together. Gigabyte already has their Aorus Gaming Motherboard and Video Card series. It's not to hard for them to market them as complementing each other when paired. They could go as far as showing/claiming that together you get smoother/faster FPS in games.

Thank You For Your Time
In Reading And Replying
MaddMutt

- General George S. Patton Quotes“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.”

“You’re never beaten until you admit it.”
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men.

12 Replies Related Threads

FROSTYBE3R
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 242
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired. 2019/10/13 05:46:56 (permalink)
    Seems like abit of a pointless post.
    jasoncodispoti
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 628
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired. 2019/10/13 06:06:29 (permalink)
    I am confused, did I miss something? What are you talking about? 

Intel Core i7-9800x | EVGA X299 Dark| EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra HydroCopper | 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | EKWB Liquid Cooled Loop | Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired. 2019/10/13 06:08:36 (permalink)
    we don't delete posts when opinions are given here.   But in your response.  I personally don't like names on my stuff.  Would rather have something common like Dark than kingpin.  It's just not appealing to me.    I do have Ford, Jeep and Infinity on my cars, but thats pretty common.   Like EVGA is common in the video card industry.   getting into a series based upon a person to me isn't good marketing.  what happens if a person is arrested for breaking some sort of law.  Then you have a whole slew a products with his name out in the market.  it's a risk.   The Dark was named that because I believe it was meant to be black and not have RGB headers.  But I wasn't in on the convo when that was decided. 

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    FROSTYBE3R
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 242
    Re: The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired. 2019/10/13 06:43:59 (permalink)
    Vince does graphics cards and LN2 on them, it makes more sense for his name to be on a graphics card line, maybe we'll just rename everything to TiN instead? I mean, he's the one that does stuff, Vince is just the overclocking symbol with his name on the items because that's the marketing strategy they chose. I like the name kingpin on my products.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired. 2019/10/13 09:45:42 (permalink)
    OK ?

But "EVGA Dark MB" --->  is Not a New thing .................this comes to mind ---> EVGA - Articles - EVGA X79 Dark Motherboard

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired. 2019/10/13 14:41:26 (permalink)
    I thought that Nike did change the "Jordan" line and it's now just called the Nike "Air". Looking online they do have the Jordan line still but they call them "Retro" shoes. The new basketball shoes though are just Nike Air.

As for having names on things it also forever attaches someone to a product and sometimes like in the case of John Romero I am sure that it hurt his career having "John Romero's Daikatana" on the box.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

rblaes_99
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1951
    • Ribbons : 15
    Re: The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired. 2019/10/15 11:25:16 (permalink)
    Also give the marketing team a pat on the back if they used "dark" as a nod to the original gangster DFI dark motherboards. Those were the golden years of PC gaming for me...... Maybe Evga could make a "BFG" graphics card next year as a nod to them as well......

MaddMutt
    • Total Posts : 23
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired. 2019/10/15 15:18:03 (permalink)
    rblaes_99
    Also give the marketing team a pat on the back if they used "dark" as a nod to the original gangster DFI dark motherboards. Those were the golden years of PC gaming for me...... Maybe Evga could make a "BFG" graphics card next year as a nod to them as well......

I Thank You all for your great Posts. I just got my z390 Dark today and noticed a paper that shows the Dark replacing the Classified Series. The Classified Series go back to 2009 with the first motherboard and video X58 and GTX 285. Since then, if you could combine both, you where set for some speed.
    I'm old enough to have owned a BFG 6800GT OC edition and the high end cards where XFX XXX Edition. BFG is gone and XFX has switch to AMD GPU's only.
    I can understand the current trend (Dark) as RGB - DOES NOT help in Overclocking.
    I also understand about the personal name association. KingPin and TiN got their roots with EVGA's Classified Series components. This also gave EVGA's Classified Series a reputation for being able to handle people looking for speed :)     
    I was just curious on where EVGA was going with the DARK series.

Thank You For Your Time

- General George S. Patton Quotes“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.”

“You’re never beaten until you admit it.”
    Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men.
    tbrown7552
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 162
    Re: The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired. 2019/10/15 20:50:02 (permalink)
    You do know the X299 Dark and Z390 Dark are KingTin boards right? They were going to brand it Kingpin but in the end decided to stick with the Dark name.
    rblaes_99
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1951
    • Ribbons : 15
    Re: The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired. 2019/10/16 06:10:11 (permalink)
    I am 99% sure "Dark" is black and RGB-less...…  but I still say my X299 is the EVGA Lanparty Dark.  Also consider the lanparty darks actually rotated the CPU socket sideways too.....hmmmmmmmmm.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired. 2019/10/16 06:16:44 (permalink)
    MaddMutt
    rblaes_99

I Thank You all for your great Posts. I just got my z390 Dark today and noticed a paper that shows the Dark replacing the Classified Series. The Classified Series go back to 2009 with the first motherboard and video X58 and GTX 285. Since then, if you could combine both, you where set for some speed.
    I'm old enough to have owned a BFG 6800GT OC edition and the high end cards where XFX XXX Edition. BFG is gone and XFX has switch to AMD GPU's only.
    I can understand the current trend (Dark) as RGB - DOES NOT help in Overclocking.
    I also understand about the personal name association. KingPin and TiN got their roots with EVGA's Classified Series components. This also gave EVGA's Classified Series a reputation for being able to handle people looking for speed :)     

Thank You For Your Time

MaddMutt

No idea what the Future may bring with new EVGA Hardware ... well, except More Speed

You can Share your thought with EVGA ---> https://www.evga.com/support/suggestions.asp

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: The PR or Marketing Department needs to be Fired. 2019/10/16 07:50:20 (permalink)
    I don't really care for people's names on stuff either , but unfortunately this is being done all over the place ...in almost every type of product imaginable.
     So it is barely avoidable...

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile