EVGA

Xoc

Author
KnitePrince
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/01/27 06:38:53 (permalink)
A LOT of different places to post in here....  Hope it is okay to post this here?
   I am just trying to find out where to change my Xoc settings to Fahrenheit settings?  My generation was not taught metric garbage when we went to school and I am getting tired of looking up the conversion to see exactly wehre my card is running...

I LIKE Xoc a lot, but not having US Standard temp settings is a game breaker... if it can't be changed I'll have to find something else to use to control my fans...  Is there anything that will work WITH Xoc that can control my fan speed WITH a US Standard temp reading? 
   Thanks guys!
KP

PS.. running two 1080Ti cards with EVGA Liquid coolers on them...
post edited by KnitePrince - 2019/01/27 06:43:44

2 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Xoc 2019/01/27 08:05:58 (permalink)
    Hi Knite, 

First, I moved your post into the EVGA Software section.  

Second, you don't need to focus on Fahrenheit.  Celsius  is the standard measurement for PC hardware, and very easy to remember.. 80 degrees celsius and above is usually not great for air coolers, anything below that is usually acceptable.

Around 50c and below for liquid coolers is good for GPU's.

For Setting to Fahrenheit, this is all I can find was posted by CriticalHit_NL https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2729949

CriticalHit_NL 
    1. First close Precision XOC
    2. Open the configuration file 'EVGAPrecision.cfg' inside the c:\Program Files (x86)\EVGA\Precision XOC\Profiles\ folder
    3. You'll find the following key inside: <add key="/Settings/GpuTemperatureUnit" value="0"/>
    4. Set the value to 1 and save the .cfg file.
    5. Start Precision XOC, it will report in Fahrenheit values.
    However it's worth noting that everything else inside the application likely is following the Celcius rules for Fan profiles and such.

KnitePrince
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Xoc 2019/01/27 10:57:14 (permalink)
    Okay...  that changed the actualt temp reading to Fahrenheit, even though it has a big C beside it.  Temp adjustment has remained at Celsius too, but I can live with that, so long as I can look over and SEE the actual degrees in Fahrneheit so I know without having to guess or google the F to C converter.
       THANK YOU for the post, it is a workaround I can live with.
    KP
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile