EVGA

Terrible RMA Experience

Author
thewarsquirrel
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/01/19 11:39:05 (permalink)
I have had the hands-down worst customer service experience I’ve had to date.

First, let me start by stating that I am a self-employed videographer and rely on my graphics card for my day-to-day operations. I chose EVGA because of the exceptional reviews and customer service, along with a best-in-class warranty. Had I known how I would be treated after purchasing a $650+ card, I would’ve chosen another company to support.

I encountered an issue with the fan controller on my card not reporting the speed of the fan, thus preventing the fan from being able to vary in speed, resulting in the fan running constantly at 100%, so I submitted an RMA request, which was quickly accepted.

My first issue arose 3 business days after my card was received. I had no notification that my card had been received at that point, so I called in to ask the status. They informed me that due to the holiday season,  they were running behind, and to check in the next day.

I checked in the next day, after no updates, and was informed that my card had indeed been received and my replacement would ship out that day.

Later that day, I received a response to my RMA, notifying me that it was being rejected for a very small nick in the silicon in a section of card with no circuits or contacts, and therefore, my warranty was now void. This first of all, is insane. The pictures sent clearly show it not touching any contacts or circuitry of any sort. While I understand you attempt to refurbish any RMAs, the refurbishability should not be my responsibility and should certainly not be grounds for voiding my warranty.

I informed the representative that I rely on this card for my business and he said he would put in a ticket and that I should expect to hear back later that day.

It is now the next day, and today’s representative has informed me that not only has my card not yet been shipped back, but that the only manager in all of EVGA capable of helping any further with my case was out of the office, and I’m just out of luck until Monday. This means that my card will not ship back to me until Monday at the earliest, putting me out of business until AT LEAST Wednesday of next week. This is not acceptable for a business of EVGA’s stature.

At this point in time, I still do not have any resolution, and they still have no estimate of when they will be returning my card to me.

10 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Terrible RMA Experience 2018/01/19 11:46:33 (permalink)
    Mind sharing the pictures with us?
    thewarsquirrel
    Re: Terrible RMA Experience 2018/01/19 11:48:52 (permalink)
    Sure. Here you go.

It's worth noting that I do not recall any such ding being present before I RMA'd the card, but since I don't have any proof of such, I can't make that claim.

post edited by thewarsquirrel - 2018/01/19 11:50:02
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Terrible RMA Experience 2018/01/19 11:50:28 (permalink)
    I've reported your thread to evga.
    thewarsquirrel
    Re: Terrible RMA Experience 2018/01/19 11:53:45 (permalink)
    Sajin
    I've reported your thread to evga.

Thank you. I'm really at a loss at this point as to what to do.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Terrible RMA Experience 2018/01/19 13:01:02 (permalink)
    Email ChrisB@evga.com with your issue. EVGA denied another customer warranty for two minor scratches on a PSU, but once ChrisB seen it, magically it no longer voided the warranty.

Did you happen to buy the card using a credit card that has buyer protection or gives you extra coverage?

thewarsquirrel
    Re: Terrible RMA Experience 2018/01/19 13:07:03 (permalink)
    MSim
    Email with your issue. EVGA denied another customer warranty for two minor on a PSU, but once ChrisB seen it, magically it no longer voided the warranty.

Did you happen to buy the card using a credit card that has buyer protection or gives you extra coverage?

Thanks MSim, I shot an email to him as well. Hopefully he can help sort it out.

Unfortunately, no, it was all debit transactions, and no protection unfortunately. I've had the product for a year now anyway.
    thewarsquirrel
    Re: Terrible RMA Experience 2018/01/19 15:34:29 (permalink)
    EVGA reached out and has made the situation right. Thanks guys for going above and beyond to get this sorted out!
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Terrible RMA Experience 2018/01/19 15:38:40 (permalink)
    Nice. 👍
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Terrible RMA Experience 2018/01/19 21:14:25 (permalink)

Awesome.     

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Terrible RMA Experience 2018/01/20 00:04:50 (permalink)
    Always good to hear it worked out and glad it only took 4 hours from the time this thread was posted.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile