EVGA

Weird hard drive noise coming from Hybrid Cooler?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Dr.Death
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1011
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: Weird hard drive noise coming from Hybrid Cooler? 2017/06/12 15:10:08 (permalink)
could be ?? I do see the pcb used is not the same  maybe a different controller as well ? 
does look to be a standard motor used  I assume that about it as far as the same

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/community/threads/inside-the-corsair-h55.228055/

and a look inside

https://forums.evga.com/980-Ti-Hybrid-Pump-Constant-Buzzing-Noise-RMA-m2361427-p2.aspx

[ looks like another guy just replied to that thread with a pump issue  ?  looking like if your hybrid lasts the full 3 years of its warrantee you got one of the super lucky ones ??]   mabe I need to start saving up for a new card as well  as my cards time frame is running out  [lol ]
relikpL
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Weird hard drive noise coming from Hybrid Cooler? 2018/03/20 01:10:58 (permalink)
did you guys ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem with my 980ti hybrid. Temps also high (running SLI so they are close together) at 75 C at load, 45C idle. I also have my fan pinouts connected directly to the mobo..will change this and report back. 
Dr.Death
FTW Member
Re: Weird hard drive noise coming from Hybrid Cooler? 2018/03/26 15:17:57 (permalink)
that sounds like blocked radiators  or bad / air  locked  pumps [a reach on the air locked of this type unit ]  my one card  on the hottest day in here pounding on it  never seen over  48c   so in SLI I cant see much more over that on one card  with all working properly  [maybe 10 c ? ].  heck man your hybrids are what you expect from air cooled SLI  not hybrid / liquid cooled , that's for sure .

I would try to just the radiators  to a more practical  set up  ?   see how I did mine on page one if that helps any ?
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10103
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Weird hard drive noise coming from Hybrid Cooler? 2018/03/26 15:25:33 (permalink)
Even if it was b stock I still would talk to support and see. Last thing you want is a pump to go out. That said it really does seem like it could be a bubble or the impeader.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

mejusti
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: Weird hard drive noise coming from Hybrid Cooler? 2018/03/26 16:08:02 (permalink)
be awhile since i have posted on here but i had a 980ti that i put the hybrid kit on and had a noise kinda like this turns out i did not secure the small wire under the shroud that goes around the blower fan properly and it it moved just enough to touch the fan as far as temps maybe try replacing the thermal paste

Maximus xii apex\3080 12gb ftw3 HC \10700k\Rog pg279q(Associate Code TEFZXEABZU5JMOO)
relikpL
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Weird hard drive noise coming from Hybrid Cooler? 2018/03/26 16:34:50 (permalink)
I managed to fix my issue. 

It turns out that the aftermarket rad fans that I had connected directly to my motherboard were getting the wrong (low) voltage. As a result, they were barely providing any cooling, heating up my GPUs to 75C+, which in turn caused pump noise as it was struggling.
I was able to fix this by connecting the rad fans back to the GPUs, which raised the RPM significantly and brought my temps down to low 50s under load.  

But, this was still too loud, so I installed Noctua high pressure fans and run them at 1200rpm. Now my setup is clean and quiet and my temps under load are in the low 60s (I don't need low 50s, and prefer a quiet setup).

HTH

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Weird hard drive noise coming from Hybrid Cooler? 2018/03/27 07:39:41 (permalink)
relikpL
I managed to fix my issue. 

It turns out that the aftermarket rad fans that I had connected directly to my motherboard were getting the wrong (low) voltage. As a result, they were barely providing any cooling, heating up my GPUs to 75C+, which in turn caused pump noise as it was struggling.
I was able to fix this by connecting the rad fans back to the GPUs, which raised the RPM significantly and brought my temps down to low 50s under load.  

But, this was still too loud, so I installed Noctua high pressure fans and run them at 1200rpm. Now my setup is clean and quiet and my temps under load are in the low 60s (I don't need low 50s, and prefer a quiet setup).

HTH

Dr.Death
FTW Member
Re: Weird hard drive noise coming from Hybrid Cooler? 2018/03/28 14:31:50 (permalink)
that is interesting seeing a lot of guy replaced there stock fans [for the radiator ]    thing is I yet to have a issue with the stock fan   not noisy  runs and cools properly  speeds up as it gets hot and slows as it cools down  [and that's so minimal at that /  1030 - 1052 rpm's ]   hottest day in here pounding and stressing  on this one   48c is the hottest its ever got 

I guess I need to keep knocking on wood .   sure seems a lot of guys had issue with the stock hybrid fan that came on them from evga . quite a few tried to replace them with something they thought worked better

anyway glad you got it worked out and good luck 

also if I recall the fan wire off the card is 2 pin and the stock fan is 2 pin using a 3 pin connector. I don't guess evga swapped the pin put to make it some kinda proprietary  thing ?? [ I cant put nothing past them these days ] ???

one thig for sure with these hybrids  LUCK OF THE DRAW   seems to become more in play the ever with any air cards  do .   
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile