AnsweredFallout 4

Page: << < ..8182838485.. > >> Showing page 81 of 89
Author
Dukman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1478
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/18 09:09:59 (permalink)
^^^  Thats me.  

I've literally got hundreds (thousands?) of weapons, especially considering I use the Modern Weapons mod.  But there are only like 3 assault rifles that I cycle throug.

I used to laugh in Fallout 3 when the Talon Company would come after me.  I kept running a briefing dialog in my head.

Sarge "Squad 6 we're going to get him this time.  Nevermind the fact that he's killed over three thousand of us single handed, never mind that he outguns us and is in power armor.  We're going to get him this time!"
Jenkins "Uh sarge?"  
Sarge" What is it Jenkins?!"  
Jenkins "Well  uh... Dawkins has a laser rifle and um, Jones has a shotgun and Green has an assault rifle, but uh... All I got is a baton.  Shouldn't I have a better weapon?"
Sarge "Jenkins, quite yer whining, you'll be fine.  NOW GO GET HIM BOYS!"

One of the mods I run for power armor causes lower level enemies to run away from you and try to avoid combat.  After a certain level, thet begin to think they are invincible again and come after you with a tire iron.  Hmm... Think I had to disable that one because it conflicted with another mod.

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 13061
  • Ribbons : 34
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/18 09:31:58 (permalink)
whiskers54

A few videos that I have watched showed that, when in "God Mode", there was an item called the "God Ring". Is that an item that is in your possession? 

I've never seen or heard of any God Ring when in God Mode. Maybe you're thinking of a different game where God Mode casts an aura around the character and they call it a God Ring.
whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/18 10:22:34 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54

A few videos that I have watched showed that, when in "God Mode", there was an item called the "God Ring". Is that an item that is in your possession? 

I've never seen or heard of any God Ring when in God Mode. Maybe you're thinking of a different game where God Mode casts an aura around the character and they call it a God Ring.

The videos that I saw were with a "god Ring". What gets me is that they did not mention that it was a mod and that you had to enter "God Mode" to get it. Their stats (SPECIALS) were out of this world while yours didn't change and this had me questioning the videos. The dates on the videos were back when Fallout 4 was out for a month or so and there has been a few updates to the game since then.

I just acquired a mod dealing with the settlement population and when sending settlers to different settlements the list includes all of my current settlements (none grayed out) and it allows me to send them to settlements that have already reached their population caps under normal configuration. As I do not have any settlements in Nuka World I can not verify that it works there.

This mod was just updated in July. Also, the mod allows for you to choose population size for your settlements. I downloaded the mod increase of 20 per settlement. That is 20 above the base population figure. They have higher and lower population number choices.

This is getting funner all the time.

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/21 16:16:38 (permalink)
Hey Dukman,

How are you coming with your vault settlement build?
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/21 19:23:31 (permalink)
whiskers54
Hey Dukman,

How are you coming with your vault settlement build?

Sidetracked.  

I got the main habitation and storage modules done, but then I got sidetracked by chasing down all the magazines.  So I haven't added the finishing touches and the other modules that I have in mind.

Heatware

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/24 06:01:29 (permalink)
Dukman
Sidetracked.  

I got the main habitation and storage modules done, but then I got sidetracked by chasing down all the magazines.  So I haven't added the finishing touches and the other modules that I have in mind.

Sidetracked?? Does that mean you ran out of cement/concrete and you now have to do some booty looting, cap conversion to buy more? 

I do know that when doing the type of settlement building that I am doing the cement/concrete resource takes a big hit. Factor in the settlement defense weapons and I run low on the nuclear resource and have to go looking for some. I also don't have all the bobble heads and magazines.

You ever get the urge to start the game over? 
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/24 08:21:45 (permalink)
whiskers54
Dukman
Sidetracked.  

Sidetracked?? Does that mean you ran out of cement/concrete and you now have to do some booty looting, cap conversion to buy more? 

I do know that when doing the type of settlement building that I am doing the cement/concrete resource takes a big hit. Factor in the settlement defense weapons and I run low on the nuclear resource and have to go looking for some. I also don't have all the bobble heads and magazines.

You ever get the urge to start the game over? 

From my first attempts at building a habitat, I learned what resources I will be coming up short on, mainly metal.  So after reloading and restarting, I scoured all the merchants in the Commonwealth, plus a few places that I knew had a lot of metal.  Concrete or wood is not one resource I'll come up short on.  

I've already started the game over once.  I'm too far along to want to do it now.  But Im closing in on the endgame and Im not liking the possibilities at all.

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/26 07:33:40 (permalink)
I was just wandering around Nuka-World minding my own business when this caught my attention. The Raiders have a new mode of travel? Hoverboard maybe? I am open to explainations.

post edited by Zuhl3156 - 2016/09/26 07:35:45
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/26 17:51:43 (permalink)
Dukman
]
From my first attempts at building a habitat, I learned what resources I will be coming up short on, mainly metal.  So after reloading and restarting, I scoured all the merchants in the Commonwealth, plus a few places that I knew had a lot of metal.  Concrete or wood is not one resource I'll come up short on.  

I've already started the game over once.  I'm too far along to want to do it now.  But Im closing in on the endgame and Im not liking the possibilities at all.

If you're looking for free steel and a lot of it, go to Jamaica Plain and disable those traps. They just keep on giving.

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/26 17:55:16 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I was just wandering around Nuka-World minding my own business when this caught my attention. The Raiders have a new mode of travel? Hoverboard maybe? I am open to explainations.

I have a few settlers that do that also. The funny thing about that is they freeze and become statue like. LOL

There's a new mod out that allows for underground travel through the subways. News is on Steam, under Fallout 4 in your library. I need to check that out further.

Source: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18639/?

Edited for adding address to mod.
post edited by whiskers54 - 2016/09/26 19:29:42
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/01 09:24:54 (permalink)
Had an odd thing happen with the last update.   I came home Thursday evening and started up FO4.  Got the Steam DL/Patch box loading a file and the game updated to version 1.7.19.  Well.. that meant that my F4SE was now out of date.  I could roll the game back to the previous version, disable F4SE or wait for the F4SE team to update.  I chose to wait.   Got home last night, checked and downloaded the latest F4SE update and loaded it into my FO4 folder.  Then went to start up FO4.  Got another DL box from Steam, but thought nothing of it.   DL finished and I started up Fallout.  Or tried to.    Now F4SE was telling me that Fallout 4 wasn't current.  

Steam rolled back the game.   That's the only thing that makes sense, because I didn't make any changes.  Thursday night after the update, I started the vanilla version of FO4 and confirmed that it was 1.7.19.  After the F4SE error, I did the same with again.  FO4 was once again, 1.7.15.    Well okay, I can work with that as well.  But it's just weird that Steam rolled the game back on me.

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/01 09:31:02 (permalink)
I don't even feel like playing anymore. It's too much of the same old same old over and over again.
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/01 09:42:04 (permalink)
I still like mucking about in the settlements and I want to get to the ending even though I'm tired of the Bethesda "choose this craptacular faction" game.  

I blame New Vegas for making that gambit even worse.  

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/01 10:07:53 (permalink)
I'm still hoping for a Far Cry 5. I still like playing FC4. At least I can honestly say I did get 400+ hours of gameplay out of FO4. There's plenty more left but I'm at the point where I just get angered at the same old repetitive quests that keep on coming.
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/01 10:48:26 (permalink)
There is a Far Cry 5.  It's just not what any of us expected.   I have FC4 but haven't tried it yet.  I really, really liked FC3. 

The just do what I do with FO4.  Ignore the quests and just do your own thing.    That's how I get the most mileage out the Bethesda world games.  Just exploring and poking my digital nose into everything.    And of course, getting to hack/slash/shoot/bomb your way through things is icing on that rubble cake.

Heatware

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/01 11:03:15 (permalink)
Dukman
Had an odd thing happen with the last update.   I came home Thursday evening and started up FO4.  Got the Steam DL/Patch box loading a file and the game updated to version 1.7.19.  Well.. that meant that my F4SE was now out of date.  I could roll the game back to the previous version, disable F4SE or wait for the F4SE team to update.  I chose to wait.   Got home last night, checked and downloaded the latest F4SE update and loaded it into my FO4 folder.  Then went to start up FO4.  Got another DL box from Steam, but thought nothing of it.   DL finished and I started up Fallout.  Or tried to.    Now F4SE was telling me that Fallout 4 wasn't current.  

Steam rolled back the game.   That's the only thing that makes sense, because I didn't make any changes.  Thursday night after the update, I started the vanilla version of FO4 and confirmed that it was 1.7.19.  After the F4SE error, I did the same with again.  FO4 was once again, 1.7.15.    Well okay, I can work with that as well.  But it's just weird that Steam rolled the game back on me.

This must be what I saw this morning when Steam downloaded a patch. I read the news about it after it happened and apparently there is something going on with it as they indicated the same thing as you are saying.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/01 11:06:43 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I don't even feel like playing anymore. It's too much of the same old same old over and over again.

Have you tried the new mod that places subway tunnels in the game? I am thinking about it but I have too many settlements to upgrade now. 
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/01 11:09:54 (permalink)
Dukman
I still like mucking about in the settlements and I want to get to the ending even though I'm tired of the Bethesda "choose this craptacular faction" game.  

I blame New Vegas for making that gambit even worse.  

I'm with you. Not only can I build settlements but the other mod allows me to increase their population. It will take a bit of time regarding increasing the population but I am enjoying it.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/01 11:21:31 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I'm still hoping for a Far Cry 5. I still like playing FC4. At least I can honestly say I did get 400+ hours of gameplay out of FO4. There's plenty more left but I'm at the point where I just get angered at the same old repetitive quests that keep on coming.

I'm way over that and I just broke level 100.

While I do understand what you are going through I don't share those angered moments yet. Although those Preston quests do come close. I try and stay away from him. I also spread the gaming time out so as not to become bored.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/01 11:26:22 (permalink)
Dukman
There is a Far Cry 5.  It's just not what any of us expected.   I have FC4 but haven't tried it yet.  I really, really liked FC3. 

The just do what I do with FO4.  Ignore the quests and just do your own thing.    That's how I get the most mileage out the Bethesda world games.  Just exploring and poking my digital nose into everything.    And of course, getting to hack/slash/shoot/bomb your way through things is icing on that rubble cake.

This.

I have a goal in mind and that is settlement building. The way I build I have to go out and do some scavenging to replenish my building material. In the process I do get lucky and find a magazine or two. And I still do not have all the Bobble heads. LOL
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/02 18:43:42 (permalink)
Did some work on the Castle.  Must've been pretty good because even Preston didn't have anything to say.

If someone does attempt to attack the place...  

Walls have been replaced and repaired.   Multiple turrets at known ingress points.  

Heatware

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/02 18:56:52 (permalink)
Dukman
Did some work on the Castle.  Must've been pretty good because even Preston didn't have anything to say.

If someone does attempt to attack the place...  

Walls have been replaced and repaired.   Multiple turrets at known ingress points.  

What about those "FOOLS" that materialize (beak them down Scotty) in the compound? Are you prepped for that?

I have a few settlements that are heavily defended and they land on the inside, right in front of a couple of shotgun turrets I call Swiss and Cheese. 

Nice job on the Castle walls.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/02 19:01:56 (permalink)
Ducky,
Have you tried the new mod that creates the underground subway railway from existing rails? I'm debating on it. According to the info I read the baddies are to be a lot stronger.
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/02 21:06:28 (permalink)
whiskers54 
 What about those "FOOLS" that materialize (beak them down Scotty) in the compound? Are you prepped for that?

I have a few settlements that are heavily defended and they land on the inside, right in front of a couple of shotgun turrets I call Swiss and Cheese. 

Then they'll be dealing with some heavily armed citizens (who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn) and numerous MKVII Heavy Turrets firing explosive rounds..  

Haven't seen or heard of the mod you mentioned.   I seriously need to go through the mods I have and decide what I really need and what I really don't need. 

Heatware

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/03 18:23:42 (permalink)
Dukman
whiskers54 

Then they'll be dealing with some heavily armed citizens (who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn) and numerous MKVII Heavy Turrets firing explosive rounds..  

Haven't seen or heard of the mod you mentioned.   I seriously need to go through the mods I have and decide what I really need and what I really don't need. 

Here is the link to that mod I was referring to.

Source:  http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18639/?

Let me know what you think.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/03 18:26:14 (permalink)
Zuhl,

I ran into your "late" girlfriend Collette. She said to tell you hi. 
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/03 20:39:27 (permalink)
whiskers54

I'll pass on that one.  Too many possibilities of things getting messed up and broken in game.  Even the mod author concedes that's a possibility.  Too much of a risk for me. 

And speaking of things getting messed up and broken.   I have a mystery on my hands.  Every single soul in the settlement of Somerville Place has disappeared.  The game says they are still there and happy.  But not a soul to be seen anywhere around there.    

I know it's a mod that caused this and I have a pretty good idea which one caused it, but it's only Somerville that it seems to affect in this manner.  I'm okay with a settlement full of ghosts, so Im not going to dump the mod.

Heatware

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/05 16:42:59 (permalink)
Dukman
whiskers54

I'll pass on that one.  Too many possibilities of things getting messed up and broken in game.  Even the mod author concedes that's a possibility.  Too much of a risk for me. 

And speaking of things getting messed up and broken.   I have a mystery on my hands.  Every single soul in the settlement of Somerville Place has disappeared.  The game says they are still there and happy.  But not a soul to be seen anywhere around there.    

I know it's a mod that caused this and I have a pretty good idea which one caused it, but it's only Somerville that it seems to affect in this manner.  I'm okay with a settlement full of ghosts, so Im not going to dump the mod.

When I read the description I too questioned it. Considering that you are the MOD Guru I figured I'd get your opinion. I'll wait to see if he does the massive update before I try it.

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/09 05:44:00 (permalink)
Hey Ducky,

I was just informed that NMM has been updated. I found this out by trying to play FO 4. The game would crash after the play screen. I then downloaded the updated NMM app and it still crashes. All I have are the 2 mods with FO 4. What did I miss?

Edit:

Everything is working. I did a complete FO 4 delete/install as well as reinstalled the 2 mods.

Regarding the delete/install of FO 4. I did this as a "just in case" moment. Besides, it didn't take long.
post edited by whiskers54 - 2016/10/09 08:03:44
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/09 09:49:07 (permalink)
Even with only 2 mods installed, load order could be part of it.  

Yeah, I got hit with the update was well.  I think it was mostly because Microsoft updated their NET framework which required an update on the part of the NMM.    But if it's any consolation, I've been having more random crashes with the latest NMM as well.  Though honestly, I think some of that is tied to load order.  

I seriously need to go through my mods and do some weeding.  Im now up to 211 mods and 238 plugins.  So time to do some cleaning.  Plus some research into learning how to combine things in FO4Edit.

And almost forgot.  I started a new game.  Still deciding if that was a good idea or not.

Heatware

Page: << < ..8182838485.. > >> Showing page 81 of 89
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile