Evga Queue

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
Totally_Not_A__Robo
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/03/21 14:24:19 (permalink)
Hello, On the Queue for the 3060 XC Black Gaming it says I was skipped, yet people around me have gotten them can anyone explain why?

90 Replies Related Threads

oVerRateD
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 104
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/21 14:31:57 (permalink)
    if people before and after you got an email, that means you probably did also
    check your junk mail

My 3970x Build (Threadripper): https://imgur.com/a/p88C8YO
    My 5950x Build (Ryzen): Pending a GPU... :(
    Totally_Not_A__Robo
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/21 14:40:13 (permalink)
    I checked and there is nothing.
    nickmitsu
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/21 14:52:33 (permalink)
    Yeah I don't understand... the Google Doc on reddit shows people in December being notified for their 3080's. I signed up early October and haven't received one according to their site on MyEVGA. Howcome I was skipped??
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/21 15:14:41 (permalink)
    nickmitsu
    Yeah I don't understand... the Google Doc on reddit shows people in December being notified for their 3080's. I signed up early October and haven't received one according to their site on MyEVGA. Howcome I was skipped??

Are you sure that the model they are being notified about is the exact same model as the one you are waiting for?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/21 15:23:41 (permalink)
    To view the notifies you have selected and if an email has sent, please visit the My Notifies page here.
    Special EVGA 30 Series Notify System Notice:
    We have made some changes to the checkout process for EVGA.com 30 Series orders. Now we are using a queue based notification system.

To sign up, use the notification button on the product you would like to be notified for. Once product is available (and it is your turn to purchase), you will receive a secure email that will allow you to purchase the product that you received a notification for. Please note that you have 8 hours to place your order, if your order is not complete within 8 hours, the product will be released back into queue system.

Also note that your email address that was used for the notify system MUST MATCH an email that has a registered EVGA account, if an account is not available with that email, you will need to create one before you can purchase. To view the notifies you have selected and if an email has sent, please visit the My Notifies page here.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

nick_shl
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1073
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/21 21:20:26 (permalink)
    Totally_Not_A__RoboHello, On the Queue for the 3060 XC Black Gaming it says I was skipped, yet people around me have gotten them can anyone explain why?
    Check your notifies page: https://www.evga.com/community/myNotifies.asp
    What is the status? This is mine for example:
    12G-P5-3655-KR     2/25/2021 9:29:54 AM PT    No
    And it says "No".

If your status says "Yes" - check your email, try search. If you missed your buy window, then email to EVGA, explain them that you did not got notification, they usually can send new one.
    And don't forget to use associate code to get discount!

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!
    mech9t5
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1413
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 07:09:29 (permalink)
    I don't know why some people rely on the google document self reported spreadsheet, which, more often than not, have errors.  The official status of the card is, as Cool GTX said above, is on the My Notifies in your EVGA account.

Associate Code: P7JUX093GU7RID0

Fire-Soul
    • Total Posts : 37
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 09:45:12 (permalink)
    EVGA is really good at making very closely named items that are not all the same item.

There are 4 models of water cooled 3080's, 2 models of the FTW series, and 3 models for the XC series. They are all tracked using their part numbers though.

For instance the part number 10G-P5-3883-KR  is only a single number different from one of the other models in the same line. They end in either 3881, 3883, or 3885.

It would be better if their part numbers actually included their model name in my opinion. In the case above, those part numbers are for the XC models.

Sadly, EVGA does not give us any information at all. They don't even care if we exist at this time. The queue was just a bandaid to solve the bot problem with the store.

EVGA is not putting in any effort to fulfill the queue. The economics of the world due to covid-19, scalpers, and the mining bubble is ultimately going to prevent every single person trying to get a video card for gaming at extreme levels. Because of this, EVGA will probably not even release a new series next year.

Me personally, I'm still using a regular 1080. I would love to get the 3080 FTW3 Ultra that I am in the queue for. But the queue has barely moved into the estimated 3rd day of orders in 6 months and I got on the list in early October.

The chances of me seeing my notify pop up this year is more than likely just not going to happen at all. If it takes 6 months for every 3 days the earliest time I might see it is 3 years from now. This makes the queue completely useless and ineffective.

This is where brand loyalty proves to be completely worthless. EVGA simply does not care if you buy their card or die to covid. They make more money selling their cards to Amazon and BestBuy where the bots can scoop them up as soon as they show up and get into the hands of scalpers to resell for 2 to 3 times the price.

Ignore any statement stating "things will balance out by" x time. It is a fabricated lie to give you a false sense of security in time. As long as mining is profitable there will not be a point in time that they will stop buying cards. We are not just talking 3 or 4 cards. There are mining groups running hundreds to thousands of cards in warehouses. When that bubble pops, then you will see the market crash with all those mining cards being rushed out the door to recoup what funds they can. Not one day before that will it improve due to the global demand being so high.
    gbickfordjr
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 11:14:52 (permalink)
    You can say all you want sir. When it comes to money we would all do the same thing. So I wouldn't jump all over EVGA. If someone handed you a gpu bot and said you could make 25k in a month.. you would do it in a second. It's just human nature.
    Veratu
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 154
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 11:26:32 (permalink)
    Fire-Soul
    EVGA is really good at making very closely named items that are not all the same item.

There are 4 models of water cooled 3080's, 2 models of the FTW series, and 3 models for the XC series. They are all tracked using their part numbers though.

For instance the part number 10G-P5-3883-KR  is only a single number different from one of the other models in the same line. They end in either 3881, 3883, or 3885.

It would be better if their part numbers actually included their model name in my opinion. In the case above, those part numbers are for the XC models.

Sadly, EVGA does not give us any information at all. They don't even care if we exist at this time. The queue was just a bandaid to solve the bot problem with the store.

EVGA is not putting in any effort to fulfill the queue. The economics of the world due to covid-19, scalpers, and the mining bubble is ultimately going to prevent every single person trying to get a video card for gaming at extreme levels. Because of this, EVGA will probably not even release a new series next year.

Me personally, I'm still using a regular 1080. I would love to get the 3080 FTW3 Ultra that I am in the queue for. But the queue has barely moved into the estimated 3rd day of orders in 6 months and I got on the list in early October.

The chances of me seeing my notify pop up this year is more than likely just not going to happen at all. If it takes 6 months for every 3 days the earliest time I might see it is 3 years from now. This makes the queue completely useless and ineffective.

This is where brand loyalty proves to be completely worthless. EVGA simply does not care if you buy their card or die to covid. They make more money selling their cards to Amazon and BestBuy where the bots can scoop them up as soon as they show up and get into the hands of scalpers to resell for 2 to 3 times the price.

Ignore any statement stating "things will balance out by" x time. It is a fabricated lie to give you a false sense of security in time. As long as mining is profitable there will not be a point in time that they will stop buying cards. We are not just talking 3 or 4 cards. There are mining groups running hundreds to thousands of cards in warehouses. When that bubble pops, then you will see the market crash with all those mining cards being rushed out the door to recoup what funds they can. Not one day before that will it improve due to the global demand being so high.

Bingo...  miners are working directly with distributors too, buying large volumes of cards at a time.  I know this because I have a business partner who's part of a big mining group and they just installed almost 200 new cards in the last couple weeks.  He just put 5 3080s in his personal mining machine last week.  There's a whole ecosystem around this that goes so far beyond gamers and they're throwing large amounts of money at it because they can.

Between bots, miners, and small batches of retailers getting them, it's going to be a long time before there's enough supply to handle legit end users.  The only chance is to either own a bot, or some sort of queue/lottery and right now only Newegg and eVGA are doing the latter.

It's garbage.. but this is our reality currently.
    Fire-Soul
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 12:54:22 (permalink)
    gbickfordjr
    You can say all you want sir. When it comes to money we would all do the same thing. So I wouldn't jump all over EVGA. If someone handed you a gpu bot and said you could make 25k in a month.. you would do it in a second. It's just human nature.

Your basis of human nature is flawed. It isn't natural for a human to run a gpu bot network. That is relative only to economic greed. If you took out the economy and society. It wouldn't be normal for a human to run a gpu bot network. It would be natural for them to hunt and forage for food as needed. It is human nature to choose a method of obtaining something they want. Buy it, steal it, or kill for it. Society helps temper those choices. 

I'm not jumping all over EVGA. I am just holding them accountable. Just as you would if someone told you something to set your mind at ease and then never delivered on that.

talon951
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 14:51:51 (permalink)
    Well they need to change the way they sell hardware so people can't buy with bots. I'm not sure how, but that's what needs to happen. Otherwise we'll be faced with this to some degree for every hot new hardware release. Even if it isn't mining hardware, the scalpers will suck them all up. I understand EVGA has obligation to their retailers, but at some point it needs to change.
    TheDoctorCMG
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 345
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 14:55:36 (permalink)
    talon951
    Well they need to change the way they sell hardware so people can't buy with bots. I'm not sure how, but that's what needs to happen. Otherwise we'll be faced with this to some degree for every hot new hardware release. Even if it isn't mining hardware, the scalpers will suck them all up. I understand EVGA has obligation to their retailers, but at some point it needs to change.

I agree that retailers need to put more safeguards in place, like better captcha's, one per household, one per verified account etc. But right now the reality is that there is a shortage of just about everything needed for computer components except for seemingly memory and SSD's. So even with strong anti-bot measures, it'll be tough to get anything in the near future.

CPU: I7 7820x @ 4.7ghz
    Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Pro x299
    Mem: Corsair Vengeance LP 3000mhz
    PSU: EVGA 850 Supernova G3
    GPU: FE Nvidia RTX 3090
    Case: Corsair 5000d Airflow
    CPU Cooler: EKWB AIO 360 Elite
    yaggaz
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1509
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 15:05:10 (permalink)
    Fire-Soul
     They don't even care if we exist at this time. The queue was just a bandaid to solve the bot problem with the store.

Cmon mate let's not exaggerate.  They definitely care we exist, because they only exist because we, their customers DO exist.   And yeah I'd rather a "bandaid" queue than what all the other 3080 resellers are doing, which is nothing.

||  CPU: Intel 10700k   ||  GPU:  evga 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid ||  MB: Gigabyte z490 UD AC  || RAM: 2 x 16GB 3000mhz DDR4 SDRAM  || Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB   ||    Dell S2417DG Monitor    ||  Soundblaster AE-7  ||  Phanteks p400a Case  ||   be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim CPU Cooler  ||  Corsair AX1600i PSU  ||  9 Fans total in system ||
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 15:16:13 (permalink)
    delete
    post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2021/03/24 07:32:44

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Fire-Soul
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 15:54:41 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    mech9t5
    I don't know why some people rely on the google document self reported spreadsheet, which, more often than not, have errors.  The official status of the card is, as Cool GTX said above, is on the My Notifies in your EVGA account.

The spreadsheets are nothing more than people pushing them for monetization in hopes buyers use their associate codes.  They are full of errors and inaccuracies.  I said this from the beginning since the start that they're designed to sell high hopes and codes while not so great for EVGA since buyers who get sucked into these spreadsheets will get fed up and end up with a competitor's GPU.  If people just signed up and payed less attention till they got their notification and or email overtime, they would think less about it and move on while waiting for their GPU but the used car snake oil spreadsheet salesmen couldn't pass on the opportunity.  I could have done the same thing but felt it wasn't honest.

As for the safeguards, miners and every other non gamer will still get access to a GPU.  It's just the way it is.  What we're seeing is a slow down but it slows everyone else down as well.  It's a lose lose situation for the gamer.  The issue is a combination of bitcoin rising, unemployment from locks downs (rona) and gamers looking to upgrade all at the same time.  It was a perfect storm no one saw coming or maybe they did but it was too late to ramp up production or get their ducks in order.  If they (Nvidia) figured a way to fix that, it would get things moving again.  Think of toilet paper. (Facepalm, I know)

I have only checked the spreadsheets you are referring to twice. It has been 6 months from release. I was only 3 weeks late to getting on the list. I wasn't about to sign up onto a list to buy a specific video card until I know I can afford it. That being said, the truth is that very few cards are getting pushed through the queue.

Look at it this way. If EVGA actually cared about those of us dedicated and interested enough to be in their queue. Then they wouldn't leave us in the dark with zero information. If they wanted to give us 'hope' they would tell us regularly how many of x card are being diverted to the queue. The facts are very evident. At no time has EVGA done anything other than create a list so they could stop spending employee hours on bot sales. It has nothing to do with helping us. They have already admitted they sell cards from the queue to scalpers also because the queue does not prevent them from making numerous claims too. If they were really interested in those of us that are here for EVGA, then we wouldn't be in the dark. Instead EVGA is simply ignoring all of us.

It does not take a lot of effort to inform your customers. It does not take a lot of time to state how many cards we shipped out to the queue this week or this month. Nor does it take a lot of effort to say they have this many orders waiting to be fulfilled. The fact is, they are not spending any time at all to do any of this. This is the difference between treating your customers as a number instead of calling them by their name.
    Fire-Soul
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 16:10:48 (permalink)
    yaggaz
    Fire-Soul
     They don't even care if we exist at this time. The queue was just a bandaid to solve the bot problem with the store.

Cmon mate let's not exaggerate.  They definitely care we exist, because they only exist because we, their customers DO exist.   And yeah I'd rather a "bandaid" queue than what all the other 3080 resellers are doing, which is nothing.

Hey, look. Seriously I am not exaggerating. It is simply being very realistic. If you or I drop dead from covid tomorrow. EVGA isn't going to do anything different the day after tomorrow that they did yesterday. It isn't like EVGA is going to hold a press release or ask for a minute of silence. 

Sure, they care that they have customers. But they don't care who their customers are. Scalpers, miner's, gamers, graphic artists, or any other type of user. They get paid. Transaction finished. Right now, there are more customers than they can make solutions for.

So if you or I am not there tomorrow. Someone else will just take our spot with out delay. They just simply have no incentive to know us, or to care about us being their customer right now. 
    enewt
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11883
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 16:40:02 (permalink)
    I agree that the spreadsheets are more often wrong than right and often lead to folks believing that they have been skipped.

I've tried to combat the errors inherent in the spreadsheet system with a standalone summary that is based on reporting that I do my best to verify before including it in my table: 

North American Notify Queue Summary

And, yes, all of this would be a lot easier if we received more transparency from EVGA. But such is our circumstances....

I hope the summary is helpful.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
    EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 17:35:53 (permalink)
    delete
    post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2021/03/24 07:32:57

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 18:00:11 (permalink)
    delete
    post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2021/03/24 07:33:09

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    talon951
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 18:09:11 (permalink)
    But they give a reasonable indication as to where EVGA is at. Something EVGA is apparently not willing to do.

People just need to understand what to expect from the spreadsheet.
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/22 18:13:47 (permalink)
    delete
    post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2021/03/24 07:33:51

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Epsolike
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 435
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/23 01:37:34 (permalink)
    I do not agree myself that the spreadsheets are for just personal gain of the editors, while obviously whoever that just wants can use their codes (which i have no issue with whatsoever). And we don't need a super high IQ to understand they are estimates based on self reports, but i beleive they are a very good indication of approximately where one stands and our only option for the time being.

Being one of the many who are waiting for their GPUs, i have made a list for the 3060 with accurate times which include seconds, so the people that joined that train with me can have something slightly more accurate, and the only intention there was to have it for them and keep myself occupied.
    And people will be sucked in on this GPU dilemma no matter what, especially most of us that are stuck at home, there won't be "just moving on" or "paying less attention".
    If anything that is up to us individuals to occupy ourselves with other things, rather than blaming the editors honestly.

So again, i think they are a good thing rather than the opposite and pretty much the best and only thing we can do for now
    Cheers

EVGA X570 DARK (1.09) [manual SoC, AUTO high!]
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D [-25 -25 -25 -20 -25 -25 -25 -25]
    GSKILL Royal Elite (Gold) 3600C14 (B-die) [F4-3600C14D-32GTEGA]
    EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    EVGA SuperNOVA P6 1000
    Outofstock4ever
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 210
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/23 02:13:35 (permalink)
    now this is quality internet drama

EU- 12G-P5-3657-KR     2/25/2021 9:01:27 AM PT
    EU - 08G-P5-3751-KR     2/22/2021 12:11:04 PM PT    
    EU - 08G-P5-3663-KR     1/25/2021 8:05:36 AM PT
    B0baganoosh
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2366
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/23 07:14:32 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    enewt
    I agree that the spreadsheets are more often wrong than right and often lead to folks believing that they have been skipped.

I've tried to combat the errors inherent in the spreadsheet system with a standalone summary that is based on reporting that I do my best to verify before including it in my table: 

And, yes, all of this would be a lot easier if we received more transparency from EVGA. But such is our circumstances....

Newt, haven't you made enough associate code sales to stop pumping this nonsense?  You're spreading misinformation.  You're only adding more turmoil to the equation and some aren't happy with EVGA because of these silly spread sheets like yours across the web as if it's a source of valuable information.  You've been selling high expectations getting people's hopes up with your inaccuracies along with a few others which by the way as you already stated and contradicted yourself by stating that you 'tried to combat the errors' when that's IMPOSSIBLE because you don't have the accurate data so please, stop with this nonsense. 

At the end of the day, it's self evident what you've been doing is promoting disinformation for monetization.  What ever it takes.  I figured you would have made enough sales to drop your nonsense but you still continue and even dropped a link for added measure.

I'll say this, if you actually believe in what you're doing, prove to us by removing all your Associate Code affiliation to all your spreadsheet posts.  I bet you wouldn't do it.

Just curious, but isn't a little hypocritical to ask Enewt to drop his associate code while you try to generate a lot of drama around what him and others do...all the while you've got your own code there in a big ol' signature full of sales pitch lol.

I honestly mean no offense, I'd just like you to take a moment to reflect and consider someone else's perspective. I don't know Enewt, but so far I've seen him do nothing slimy or disingenuous and I've followed the notification thread for months even though I'm probably passing on the two remaining 30-series notifications I have in place (I've already skipped two and canceled two because I have more important upgrades to focus on first). I have myself wondered how many 3%'s you can have stack for you from people using your code and figured surely, he's got a free or practically free HC coming his way at some point, but then again I've also considered the labor he's put into it. He's provided a service that EVGA isn't providing and he's found a way to get paid for that service. That's America right there, especially in this time of no-supply/high-demand work-from-anywhere culture.

I have an associate code in my signature, but nobody's used it. I only have...idk..90-some posts? I try to be helpful and kind in the forums and figure maybe, someday, someone will use my code lol. In the meantime, he's racking up posts with interesting content, helpful information, and kindness. If there's a financial bonus for people being helpful and kind...I mean...I'm not really upset about that.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
    mech9t5
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1413
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/23 08:55:12 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    enewt

Newt, haven't you made enough associate code sales to stop pumping this nonsense?  You're spreading misinformation.  You're only adding more turmoil to the equation and some aren't happy with EVGA because of these silly spread sheets like yours across the web as if it's a source of valuable information.  You've been selling high expectations getting people's hopes up with your inaccuracies along with a few others which by the way as you already stated and contradicted yourself by stating that you 'tried to combat the errors' when that's IMPOSSIBLE because you don't have the accurate data so please, stop with this nonsense. 

At the end of the day, it's self evident what you've been doing is promoting disinformation for monetization.  What ever it takes.  I figured you would have made enough sales to drop your nonsense but you still continue and even dropped a link for added measure.

I'll say this, if you actually believe in what you're doing, prove to us by removing all your Associate Code affiliation to all your spreadsheet posts.  I bet you wouldn't do it.

It's funny how you comment on how the Associate Code is being pushed by establishing a spreadsheet.  I agree that spreadsheets are only as accurate as the people who updates them correctly.  But with the Associates Codes, in large, flashy fonts at the signature (specifically indicating the 3000 series) and location (LMAO), being displayed, I find, quiet humorous.  Yes, I also have my Associates Code displayed as well, just like you, hoping that one will use it by being helpful to them in the forums.
    post edited by mech9t5 - 2021/03/23 09:01:50

Associate Code: P7JUX093GU7RID0

enewt
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11883
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/23 09:19:15 (permalink)
    Nike_7688
    GTXJackBauer
    enewt

I've tried to combat the errors inherent in the spreadsheet system with a standalone summary that is based on reporting that I do my best to verify before including it in my table: 

Just curious, but isn't a little hypocritical to ask Enewt to drop his associate code while you try to generate a lot of drama around what him and others do...all the while you've got your own code there in a big ol' signature full of sales pitch lol.

I honestly mean no offense, I'd just like you to take a moment to reflect and consider someone else's perspective. I don't know Enewt, but so far I've seen him do nothing slimy or disingenuous and I've followed the notification thread for months even though I'm probably passing on the two remaining 30-series notifications I have in place (I've already skipped two and canceled two because I have more important upgrades to focus on first). I have myself wondered how many 3%'s you can have stack for you from people using your code and figured surely, he's got a free or practically free HC coming his way at some point, but then again I've also considered the labor he's put into it. He's provided a service that EVGA isn't providing and he's found a way to get paid for that service. That's America right there, especially in this time of no-supply/high-demand work-from-anywhere culture.

I have an associate code in my signature, but nobody's used it. I only have...idk..90-some posts? I try to be helpful and kind in the forums and figure maybe, someday, someone will use my code lol. In the meantime, he's racking up posts with interesting content, helpful information, and kindness. If there's a financial bonus for people being helpful and kind...I mean...I'm not really upset about that.

Nike_7688,thanks for posting and quoting GTXJackBauer. I blocked GTXJackBauer a long time ago due to his spamming of the "Notification" thread so am only now seeing his post addressing me specifically (I have included a few examples of his efforts at moving the conversation forward (snark) posted over the course of just a few days that led me to block him).

I disagree with his characterization of my efforts in this community (and his allegation of providing false hope -- if anything my summary errs on the side of being conservative), but I do not intend to engage with him in a point-by-point rebuttal -- he remains the sole individual on my blocked list so such a debate would be a bit impractical. 

He is, of course, welcome to block me too. I doubt we have much to say to each other.

This will be my only post on the matter. Hopefully we can get back to the business of the queue and our collective watch.  

Best of luck to all!

Attached Image(s)

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
    EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

Bearmageddon
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 119
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/23 09:30:32 (permalink)
    Yeahh, I don't use the aforementioned spreadsheets and already have a card, but GTXJackBauer is the only user I've ever seen on here that made me audibly groan with all their advertisements.

Literal corporation-level marketing methods like "are you interested in getting 'x'? use this method to get up to 10% off all evga products!" and I'll bet you the defense is "well technically I never said 10% off a GPU, I said up to on all products and just coincidentally asked if the user was interested in getting a gpu".

Then there's his 30x0 thread where he once again mentions the 10% discount alongside links to nothing but GPUs, but I let this one slide because he technically includes an image of the discount showing GPUs are only at 3%. Then follows it with, wait for it, 32 store links with his associate code attached.

Then of course the advertisements in his signature AND his location.

Finally his spamming of his associate link on other threads which I actually thought was against the rules? It seems not.

Now despite all my criticisms above, if he makes money from it then good for him, and I generally approve of GTXJackBauer, usually enjoy his posts, and have never taken an issue with the post content aside from the spam. However, going around chastising other people because of associate codes is a bad look when your entire profile is basically 'I WILL DO ANYTHING (wink wink) IF YOU USE MY ASSOCIATE CODE'. I'm just mildly impressed that he's shown the restraint not to ask the admins to include it in his username.
    post edited by Bearmageddon - 2021/03/23 09:34:32

Lian Li O11D XL
    Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Master
    i5-10600K @ 4.9GHz
    3090 FTW3 Ultra (HydroCopper Coming Soon™)
    32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4 @3600
    Corsair MP600 2TB M.2
    ALL THE SSDs!!!

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Evga Queue 2021/03/23 09:55:37 (permalink)
    delete
    post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2021/03/24 07:33:25

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile