Helpful ReplyEvery Windows Update installs old driver without my permission

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
mr_scary
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 426
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Every Windows Update installs old driver without my permission 2019/01/15 07:49:42 (permalink)
HeavyHemi

Running as admin does not do anything extra as the process already runs with administrative permissions. The results are identical to the the byte according to Windows. I've tested it. Not trying to create an argument here, but adding in complexity for no reason, I've never been a fan of.

Thanks I didn't know it ran as admin by default.
But I have had trouble in the past deleting window.old folders without admin rights, I used to boot in safe mode to delete things that couldn't be deleted otherwise.

Also I didn't think you were trying to create an argument, I accept constructive replies.

Thanks.

HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: Every Windows Update installs old driver without my permission 2019/01/16 01:26:37 (permalink)
mr_scary
HeavyHemi

Running as admin does not do anything extra as the process already runs with administrative permissions. The results are identical to the the byte according to Windows. I've tested it. Not trying to create an argument here, but adding in complexity for no reason, I've never been a fan of.

Thanks I didn't know it ran as admin by default.
But I have had trouble in the past deleting window.old folders without admin rights, I used to boot in safe mode to delete things that couldn't be deleted otherwise.

Also I didn't think you were trying to create an argument, I accept constructive replies.

Thanks.

In the past there were some glitches with deleting the Windows.old file were you'd have to select the option to clean 'system files' twice to have the 'Windows.old' check box show up for deletion. They've since made it more reliable. Then for the really tough files... https://www.softpedia.com...laneous/Unlocker.shtml

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile