Helpful ReplyEVGA X79 Dark

Page: << < ..4647484950.. > >> Showing page 50 of 56
Author
WUHS09
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 167
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/25 19:00:39 (permalink)
garnetandblack

WUHS09

News on the X79 Dark-
Date Sent 11 mins. ago From EVGA_JacobF To WUHS09
"WUHS09

Hello Jacob,
I have been waiting for the X79 DARK for sometime now and have the money set aside for the upgrade program that has been set up since the beginning of this month and would like to finally get that going but each day that goes by, there is no word on when it will happen on the forums. It is the end of the month and you said it would be Mid July, well that has come and past, so curious when it will be. I am going to be moving out of my parents soon for college and would for this to be done before then or before mid August really when college starts. That is when I may not have the money anymore for this board to get upgraded. So is there a date for this yet or no? "

For X79 Dark, yes the original date did slip unfortunately, but I can say now that the boards have already shipped and are on the way to our warehouse now (via boat) so this takes a few weeks. Right now the best estimate I have is first week of August.

They are being shipped finally to the warehouse so it should be soon!! :)

First let me preface this by noting that I've worked in inventory scheduling for a manufacturing plant before.  Unless EVGA is air shipping these from wherever Foxcon is (I'm assuming they're still using them for the Dark and air freight is ridiculously expensive) *Edit:  I see it is by boat, you can estimate 8 weeks on the water for a container boat.  This means either they shipped weeks ago (to make the August date) or we've all got a good long while left before they get here.

Boats aren't that slow nowadays, maybe back in the early 1900s but not now, they only take a couple to few weeks. I would expect it to be in in another week and a half or so. Hopefully not much longer. But on the good side, we know they are actually coming, not just an update saying working on it still. That is what I am more happy about, they are on their way over now. And it is probably coming from Taiwan were a lot of electronics are made too.

My Build, Built and it Runs with little problems
CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K C2 Stepping
Motherboard: EVGA X79 DARK BIOs 2.10 and 2.09
CPU Cooling: Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling combined with Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition
RAM: Patriot Division 4 Viper Extreme 16GB at 1866MHz
OS Hard Drive: Patriot Wildfire 120 GB SSD
Storage/Gaming Hard Drive: Seagate 1.5TB
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB Reference Design directly from nVidia themselves
Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp 23"
Power Supply: Corsair AX 750 Watt[/fo
gokuboo
  • Total Posts : 42
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/25 20:09:26 (permalink)
People falling for the okie-doke....again. Release date or it's not happening. And by release date, that means an actual date. Not an estimated, round about, almost ready, on the boat (made me lol), finishing touches, on trucks, waiting on reviewers, testing each MB for quality, sorting out who gets the first batch or any other excuses.
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2710
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/25 21:02:23 (permalink)
gokuboo

People falling for the okie-doke....again. Release date or it's not happening. And by release date, that means an actual date. Not an estimated, round about, almost ready, on the boat (made me lol), finishing touches, on trucks, waiting on reviewers, testing each MB for quality, sorting out who gets the first batch or any other excuses.

Umm yea chill out there. EVGA can't give you an exact date if they don't even have the motherboards in the US yet. Plus EVGA never gives exact release dates they just release them. If you don't like it then don't buy the motherboard. It is that simple and people need to quit complaining about it. EVGA can't get them any faster than the ship takes. By the sounds of it everyone would rather have a MOBO that turns out like the old x79 than wait longer for a board that doesn't have huge flaws in it. 
awalleyeguy
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2604
  • Ribbons : 12
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/25 21:13:29 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

Umm yea chill out there. EVGA can't give you an exact date if they don't even have the motherboards in the US yet. Plus EVGA never gives exact release dates they just release them. If you don't like it then don't buy the motherboard. It is that simple and people need to quit complaining about it. EVGA can't get them any faster than the ship takes. By the sounds of it everyone would rather have a MOBO that turns out like the old x79 than wait longer for a board that doesn't have huge flaws in it. 

I would think you meant doesn't turn out like the old X79.
gokuboo
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/25 21:31:56 (permalink)
Um... No... It's not that simple when they still have your money. Can't give dates? They've been giving approximate dates for months now lol. Everyone should NOT stop complaining about it until the issues are resolved. I think everyone would want some honesty instead of being strung along, with EVGA dangling a carrot in front of us every few weeks.

If you don't like it you can just ignore the posts. It's as simple as that.
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/25 22:20:02 (permalink)
gokuboo

Um... No... It's not that simple when they still have your money. Can't give dates? They've been giving approximate dates for months now lol. Everyone should NOT stop complaining about it until the issues are resolved. I think everyone would want some honesty instead of being strung along, with EVGA dangling a carrot in front of us every few weeks.

EVGA has no control over when the motherboard gets here. What money of yours do they have? You have a product and just because it doesn't always work doesn't mean they owe you anything. I can't just ignore the post when this thread is just 50 pages of people complaining about EVGA not doing something right. Rather it be delaying the board to finish something that doesn't work properly or them not offering you a magic motherboard that they don't even have yet. Go take a 2 week vacation and when you get back EVGA will probably have them in stock. Until then quit complaining, it isn't going to help. 
awalleyeguy

CAxVIPER

No I meant exactly what I said. Everyone is wanting EVGA to rush to push out a board they don't feel is complete yet. I understand people are tired of waiting but there is only so much they can do. 
LCRava
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 572
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 00:21:59 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

gokuboo

EVGA has no control over when the motherboard gets here. What money of yours do they have? You have a product and just because it doesn't always work doesn't mean they owe you anything. I can't just ignore the post when this thread is just 50 pages of people complaining about EVGA not doing something right. Rather it be delaying the board to finish something that doesn't work properly or them not offering you a magic motherboard that they don't even have yet. Go take a 2 week vacation and when you get back EVGA will probably have them in stock. Until then quit complaining, it isn't going to help. 
awalleyeguy

CAxVIPER

No I meant exactly what I said. Everyone is wanting EVGA to rush to push out a board they don't feel is complete yet. I understand people are tired of waiting but there is only so much they can do. 

If that's the case don't announce the board until it's actually here and 100% functional. Companies are and shall always be responsible for the products they put out (in most other countries they would not get away with the crap they get away with in the US). It's not OK to sell defective products and people like you (that think that companies don't owe their customers anything for products that don't work as they should) are the reason it happens. Having no control of your supply is no way to run a business (they should know exactly when the boards are getting here and how many there are. PERIOD.). They put themselves on this situation so it's only fair that they deal with it and complaints should keep rolling in until the issues are resolved. There is always hope EVGA will learn something this time. On that note, you need to "chill out".
post edited by LCRava - 2013/07/26 00:43:45

MY AFFILIATE CODE: X6EXZ64PSH  

"I don't always GAME in 4K, but when I do, I prefer 4 TITANS"

doorules
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4148
  • Ribbons : 21
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 00:45:08 (permalink)
All I see are constant delays, one after another.  In their own words they have been months now trying to get the bios right before release. That given their recent history is hardly inspiring much confidence here. 
dustingg
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1647
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 07:15:48 (permalink)
2boards enter, 1 board leaves...LOL

ROG Z790-APEX : 13900KF (RTX4080)
EVGA Z370-FTW: 9900KF (RTX3080)
Associate Code: VOM7YYOWC5ADWTW
YouTube RigPics Twitter

CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 08:08:25 (permalink)
Where have I ever indicated they don't owe people a working board? If you paid for the FTW or classified they owe you a free motherboard and should be paying shipping both ways. If you got the SLI you need to make up for the difference. I'm sure they know the exact amount coming in but things happen in shipping. I use to be a reseller for several large companies and things would take a couple days longer than expected and if they were to say they will be in stock in a week and it turns out to be 9 days everyone will complain. Very few companies give a release date. Complaining isn't doing any good any more. My guess is that EVGA is basically ignoring these threads because they feel they have done the correct thing but offering everyone a way to upgrade for less than full price. Is the program fair or does it make up for the issues users have had? No but EVGA has basically indicated they have no plans to change so just be happy they offered anything. 
gokuboo
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 09:08:32 (permalink)
If it wasn't for the complaining their wouldn't be a x79 Dark to speak of.
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 09:27:54 (permalink)
If there wasn't complaining there wouldn't be a lot of things but you have gotten as far as you are going to with it. 
lowe0
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 277
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 11:40:11 (permalink)
I get that there's no way of speeding up a cargo ship full of containers, but there are plenty of other things that EVGA could be doing in the meantime. First off, confirming that the limited quantities include everyone who's signed up to date - if the answer is going to be "sorry, offer's closed", then this is time I could be getting a new board and getting back to a working system.

Next, start accepting return shipments. My board failed me for the last time, so it's back in its box. No reason it needs to wait for the Dark to start its return trip to California.

shogon
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2305
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 12:00:26 (permalink)
doorules

All I see are constant delays, one after another.  In their own words they have been months now trying to get the bios right before release. That given their recent history is hardly inspiring much confidence here. 

As long as they don't take half a year to support Ivy-E with a bios update on this board, that's why I ended up boxing my z68 FTW (and now it's pretty worthless to even attempt selling due to the name brand, EVGA). Asus/Gigabyte/AsRock all seemed to have Ivy support for P67/z68 for what seemed like ages, and it takes several months for EVGA to finally roll it out. Hope they do a lot better then what they have done, for now Asus has me covered in the x79 realm. 

I will either find a way, or make one.

٩(๏̯͡๏)۶ 
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 12:19:12 (permalink)
lowe0

I get that there's no way of speeding up a cargo ship full of containers, but there are plenty of other things that EVGA could be doing in the meantime. First off, confirming that the limited quantities include everyone who's signed up to date - if the answer is going to be "sorry, offer's closed", then this is time I could be getting a new board and getting back to a working system.

Next, start accepting return shipments. My board failed me for the last time, so it's back in its box. No reason it needs to wait for the Dark to start its return trip to California.

Step-ups aren't the first boards to go out. You could be waiting months, they always set aside some small quantity for step ups and the large amount of them are for retail sales. So they could have your MOBO for several months if you are very far down the list. 
Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5208
  • Ribbons : 11
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 12:34:32 (permalink)
The step up program (if that's what we want to call it here) is exactly what it says.  You get the chance to upgrade for a product price difference (you pay the difference between model A and model B). 

The queue moves slowly it seems when new products are introduced but that's to be expected.  However, in my experience once you have confirmed your desire to upgrade and paid the difference that confirms you will have a motherboard (in this case) shipped to you upon arrival and verification of all step up requirements.

Simple as that.  If I send it ground UPS from where I live, it's a three day journey.  Two days to check that it arrived and I've fulfilled my part of the contract and it's shipped to me.  I get it around three days later.  Total time for me is 8 working days.

Not bad really.  Just wish I could afford a spare so I don't have to go hard down and not be able to kill pixels indiscriminately.

lowe0
iCX Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 12:37:54 (permalink)
If it was going to be "months", I certainly would hope they'd have said so by now, so that I could simply purchase another board. I'm guessing 6 weeks, and quite honestly, what difference does it make whether the board is in their warehouse or my office? It's going to work about the same either way.

Edit: to clarify, what difference does it make whether my X79 FTW is in a box in their warehouse, or a box in my office?  Either way, it's not doing me any good.  I have no problem with letting them have it back early, or even with paying them the step-up fee now.  I just want to get everything squared away ahead of time.
post edited by lowe0 - 2013/07/26 13:04:53
Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 12:51:00 (permalink)
The difference is... a working motherboard or a poorly working motherboard.  It's your choice. 

BadBertie
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 852
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/26 14:58:30 (permalink)
lowe0

If it was going to be "months", I certainly would hope they'd have said so by now, so that I could simply purchase another board. I'm guessing 6 weeks, and quite honestly, what difference does it make whether the board is in their warehouse or my office? It's going to work about the same either way.

I think you answered your own question there. If EVGA said in February the Dark was going to be 6 months late at least, most of us (ones without rma concerns) would have gone next door and given our money to Asus instead.

Now I'm not saying it was that contrived but month by month it has kept most people's interest and attention for whatever reason.

KTM Super Duke R EVO
KLEYBA
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 604
  • Ribbons : 12
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/27 09:15:59 (permalink)
I would hope that EVGA take all the time they need in order to get this one right!  wouldn't we all rather have a delay for a working board or........X79 Classified?!!!   oh, the horror! 
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18114
  • Ribbons : 58
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/27 10:45:12 (permalink)

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

gokuboo
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/27 13:48:28 (permalink)
All the time they need? 6 months, 1 year, 2 years? I wonder what your cut off would be. Or do you truly mean all the time they need.
LCRava
SSC Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/27 15:37:55 (permalink)
I like EVGA as a company and like their products and customer service. That does not mean they don't drop the ball and it means even less I will blindly defend them when they do. One would hope that they would learn from their mistakes (even if slowly). Saying that they are not as bad as other companies out there is no excuse. They should hold themselves to a higher standard and stop doing paper launch of products to avoid this situations altogether. Transparency goes a long way .

Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4340
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/27 16:26:02 (permalink)
Holy guacamole!  I haven't been on the boards for about 4 weeks and I figured the Dark surely would be out by now or in the hands of people to review. 
Honestly, I have had my Classy sitting in the closet for a year and a half...does another couple months really matter to me?  Again, if the X79 Dark has problems, it will probably be the nail in the coffin for their main-board business.   I know people are upset, but I suppose I am just way beyond that...I hit indifference about 6 months back.

dustingg
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1647
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/27 18:05:46 (permalink)
Johnny_Utah

Holy guacamole!  I haven't been on the boards for about 4 weeks and I figured the Dark surely would be out by now or in the hands of people to review. 
Honestly, I have had my Classy sitting in the closet for a year and a half...does another couple months really matter to me?  Again, if the X79 Dark has problems, it will probably be the nail in the coffin for their main-board business.   I know people are upset, but I suppose I am just way beyond that...I hit indifference about 6 months back.

It's "on the boat" Johnny LOL....

ROG Z790-APEX : 13900KF (RTX4080)
EVGA Z370-FTW: 9900KF (RTX3080)
Associate Code: VOM7YYOWC5ADWTW
YouTube RigPics Twitter

mwparrish
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3278
  • Ribbons : 23
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/27 19:12:38 (permalink)
Johnny_Utah

Like I just said in the stickied thread... "I'm not mad anymore, just very disappointed..."

Intel Core i7 3930K - 4.7 GHz  |  ASUS Rampage IV Extreme  |  8x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3-2133
2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC  |  BenQ XL2420TX - 1920x1080 120Hz LCD  |  Logitech G9x  |  Corsair Vengeance 1500
5x Crucial 128GB SSD  |  LG BD-R Drive  |  Danger Den Torture Rack  |  Enermax Galaxy EVO 1250W

LCRava
SSC Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/29 03:00:12 (permalink)
The worst of all is that I very much dislike giving Asus my money but you leave me no other choice EVGA. Get it together, please...

Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/29 07:46:50 (permalink)
LCRava

The worst of all is that I very much dislike giving Asus my money but you leave me no other choice EVGA. Get it together, please...

I believe the intent of EVGA is to do exactly what you are asking.  Get it together.

There is a thread here on the forum with some information that is interesting to me... especially since it comes from kingpin.  Even he admits the previous X79 series was lacking.

http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=1988184

EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 11559
  • Ribbons : 26
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/29 10:18:00 (permalink)
lowe0
First off, confirming that the limited quantities include everyone who's signed up to date - if the answer is going to be "sorry, offer's closed", then this is time I could be getting a new board and getting back to a working system.

Yes, we have enough QTY to cover every one who signed up + quite a bit more.

lowe0
iCX Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/29 10:22:28 (permalink)
Thanks for confirming. I'll keep checking back for further info; anything you can share with everyone will be appreciated.
Page: << < ..4647484950.. > >> Showing page 50 of 56
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile