EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5

Author
jp371
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/10/12 16:19:04 (permalink)
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about this PSU, which I am using in a new build with aorus master z690 (latest bios flashed) + i7 12700KF + RTX 3070. The box is running windows 11. Things appear normal on the surface, but there are some observations...

1. Is it normal for this PSU to produce a very audible click when powering on (either cold boot or when waking up) or off?

2. During testing, on several occasions I unplugged the power cable and flipped the PSU's master switch to off. Upon reconnecting and switching back on, when case power button is pressed, there is a click and the system seems to power on, then another click maybe 1-2 seconds later and the fans stop, and finally another click after which the machine proceeds to boot normally. When nothing is unplugged or switched off on the PSU side, this seeming on-off-on sequence does not occur. Possibly important: I didn't notice it first, but the eco switch was on during all these shenanigans.

3. Possibly related to #2: I checked the event viewer and found six critical kernel power events (event 41) roughly from the testing period. I have not seen any power supply interruptions while the machine ran windows continuously, including under load (cinebench r23), so these events came as a big surprise. Since I finished my testing and finally moved it to my desk where it is connected to a cyberpower UPS, it's been almost 24 hours and no new critical events regardless of the eco switch state.

Do I have a problem?

Many thanks!
post edited by jp371 - 2022/10/12 16:23:10

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile