EVGA

EVGA Precision X1 never worked. Zero support from EVGA

Author
alefreeman
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/02 16:25:17 (permalink)
Hello everybody, I'm writing on the forum because the situation is becoming to be a bit frustrating. From the first version of the Precision X1 two problems have never been solved:
- Windows UAC prompt for ledsync.exe at start. Please don't tell me to disable UAC;
- graphic card led never worked. The menu in the Precision X1 is simply unresponsive: it does not do anything. With the Precision XOC works like a charm. The only way to make the led working is the ledsync. Why an external program? Why a program that generates the frustrating UAC prompt? And why if the ledsync is working the proper menu in the Precision has to be "fake"?
My graphic card is the EVGA GTX 1080 FTW. Yes, that edition that caught fire: in fact I had to install the thermal pads sent by the EVGA factory to avoid the problem. 
Now, excuse me if I am a bit angry, but after have paid about 900€ for a VGA that i had to fix by myself now I can also say that the software support is ZERO. The Precision XOC is dead from 2018; in fact the EVGA site says "Please note that Precision XOC is no longer in development, the latest release, EVGA Precision X1 has more features and is the current development version of EVGA Precision". Mmh interesting, pity it does not work properly!  

4 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA Precision X1 never worked. Zero support from EVGA 2019/10/02 17:15:07 (permalink)
    alefreeman
    With the Precision XOC works like a charm.

Why switch to x1 then?
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: EVGA Precision X1 never worked. Zero support from EVGA 2019/10/02 19:50:08 (permalink)
    UACPass is my friend and can be yours too..Just simply drag-n-drop any program .exe into the designated area and the UAC prompt for just that program will go away without the need to disable UAC completely..You could also right click on the LEDSync.exe, then Properties, then checkmark Run this program as an administrator in the Compatibility tab and see how that rolls.

Precision X1 is primarily geared toward 10-series and higher cards with iCX cooling and not ACX cooling like your card has..PX1 will work with ACX cards and cards lower than 10-series, but with limited functionality..I can use PX1 for my 760 SC and it will do everything I need it to do the same as PXOC..You actually should be using Precision XOC or MSI Afterburner with your card.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

jpanda
    • Total Posts : 65
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA Precision X1 never worked. Zero support from EVGA 2019/10/06 16:14:31 (permalink)
    X1 is causing all my games to crash ****.

Application: PrecisionX_x64.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.OutOfMemoryException
    at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE+Channel.SyncFlush()
    at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.CompleteRender()
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DefWndProcWrapper(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

|i9 10980XE|EVGA FTWK X299 |256GB DDR4 3600mhz |EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    |i9 7900X|Asrock Fatal1ty X299 |128 GB DDR4 3200mhz|EVGA 780 GTX
    |Ryzen 9 3950X|MSI MEG X570 ACE|128GB DDR4 3600mhz |EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30969
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA Precision X1 never worked. Zero support from EVGA 2019/10/06 17:25:45 (permalink)
    Have you tried these steps ?   How Do I Troubleshoot Precision X1 Issues?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile