EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
2019/09/19 17:14:08 (permalink)

Everyone knows that the EVGA PowerLink™ does wonders to improve your cable management for your graphics card. But did you know that the EVGA PowerLink™ also stabilizes the power going into your graphics card?  The EVGA PowerLink™ is designed to provide both a more stable power source and reduce ripple and noise, compared to connecting your power supply directly to the graphics card.

Click the banner above or here to learn more about the EVGA PowerLink and why power matters.

46 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/19 18:05:08 (permalink)
    Good read since I had know it had them but didn’t really think to much about the benefits of having one. Probably a good idea to add one as it should last a few cards unless a major change happens to how cards are powered and could help the card last longer.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/19 21:25:51 (permalink)
    It's bad because I can't use one. On my GPU connectors are upside down.
    That mean lock mechanism is on top. I'm not sure why ASUS design like that.

But Poseidon is nicest GTX1080Ti on market after GTX1080Ti K|NGP|N Hydro Copper.
    I really had luck with size. PCB shape saved me, and cables fit in case only because PCB is cut on that part. 
    With flat PCB I would not be able to close Tempered Glass door and then I would need to pay 79 euro for Vertical GPU Mount for case.
    post edited by Vlada011 - 2019/09/19 21:32:02

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/20 00:39:38 (permalink)
    The PCIE cable evga used to show a difference, do they have a capacitor in them?

Elrik138
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/20 09:24:44 (permalink)
    This is a very nice design, genius in fact. It is however limited by the fact that should your EVGA GPU ever die and you buy a different manufacturer's card you have just rendered it useless. The power pins can be moved spatially, changed in configuration (ie. 6Pin + 8Pin, 8Pin + 6Pin, 8Pin Only or 6Pin Only) but they Can't be turned to have the pin clip(s) face the back of the card making its use with another manufacturer's card impossible. You Don't make PSUs that work only with EVGA Motherboards, and GPUS so Why limited this to only work with an EVGA, Founders Edition Card, and the few Other(?) Cards in this configuration? 

Maybe release a second product where the Power Pins are reversed? Or one where they can be reversed?

Despite this complaint, ALL My PC's will always have room for EVGA Parts. I use only EVGA PSU's in My Own PC's and maybe my next GPU will go back to EVGA< who knows. Best Regards,

Mark
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/20 15:25:31 (permalink)
    Why would any company release a product to cater to the competition, especially when it is a very inexpensive accessory?

It would cost far more than it would benefit to cater to users that want these for a different manufacturer. The next request would be to remove the EVGA branding so it doesn’t interfere with an ASUS/MSI/Palit/Gigabyte/***** (not vulgar, * placed so users can insert any name they want) GPU. It may be best to ask other manufacturers to engineer a like product for their own lineup.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/20 16:48:50 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Why would any company release a product to cater to the competition, especially when it is a very inexpensive accessory?

It would cost far more than it would benefit to cater to users that want these for a different manufacturer. The next request would be to remove the EVGA branding so it doesn’t interfere with an ASUS/MSI/Palit/Gigabyte/***** (not vulgar, * placed so users can insert any name they want) GPU. It may be best to ask other manufacturers to engineer a like product for their own lineup.

Already a HUGE mark up on this item. If they made adjustable one, they could make way more money.

Still trying to find out if the PCIE cables evga used for the test had a capacitor in them or not.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/20 17:50:31 (permalink)
    MSim 
    Already a HUGE mark up on this item. If they made adjustable one, they could make way more money.

Still trying to find out if the PCIE cables evga used for the test had a capacitor in them or not.

How HUGE of a markup?  I haven't seen the cost of making these items, and I know they gave quite a few of them away with a promotion during the 1070/1080/1080ti lifetime.  

I wouldn't have the answer to that question, but I am sure if EVGA wants to answer, they will reply. I would assume they tested it across numerous different power supplies and cables to verify their results.

If users are comfortable modifying, I am sure that someone could easily figure out how to make it work themselves.. I mean, it's already been done once, and the user even showed exactly what to do.  
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/20 19:46:10 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    MSim 

How HUGE of a markup?  I haven't seen the cost of making these items, and I know they gave quite a few of them away with a promotion during the 1070/1080/1080ti lifetime.  

I wouldn't have the answer to that question, but I am sure if EVGA wants to answer, they will reply. I would assume they tested it across numerous different power supplies and cables to verify their results.

If users are comfortable modifying, I am sure that someone could easily figure out how to make it work themselves.. I mean, it's already been done once, and the user even showed exactly what to do.  

I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to any companies marketing. Nothing in the article tells us if they used PCIE cables that have a capacitor or not. The Powerlink i believe has at least one capacitor in it. The 15c capacitor could be the only thing helping to reduce the ripple.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/21 03:34:34 (permalink)
    MSim

I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to any companies marketing. Nothing in the article tells us if they used PCIE cables that have a capacitor or not. The Powerlink i believe has at least one capacitor in it. The 15c capacitor could be the only thing helping to reduce the ripple.

I feel like the quantity of capacitors on the powerlink was shown in the last thread I linked:

If you really want the answer and to find the testing, why not reach out to Johnny Guru and ask if they will test it independently?  I am sure that would answer all the questions if they did test it. I am sure more than one person is curious and would like to see the results as well. 
    Elrik138
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/21 06:17:17 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one

True that would make sense BUT, EVGA more than likely has this product design Copyrighted. So No other Manufacturer can make a similar product or I am sure that they would. So only EVGA can make an alteration of this design. It could and would still bear the EVGA Logo. 
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/21 13:19:06 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    MSim

I feel like the quantity of capacitors on the powerlink was shown in the last thread I linked:

If you really want the answer and to find the testing, why not reach out to Johnny Guru and ask if they will test it independently?  I am sure that would answer all the questions if they did test it. I am sure more than one person is curious and would like to see the results as well. 

It's not Johnny Guru making the claim without mentioning PCIE cable used. If Johnny Guru did the testing, they would give us way more information. It shouldn't be too hard for EVGA to clarify if they used PCIE cables with capacitor in them or not. the PowerLink has 2 capacitor in it. Is the difference evga is showing, with a capacitor vs not having any? 

I don't get why forum moderators feel the need to deflect for EVGA. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/21 14:17:12 (permalink)
    there are no details listed in the article, other than: "an EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 and ran Unigine Heaven Benchmark, and you can see the difference"

So it would seem logical that the Same PSU & PCIe cables were used for both Tests - regardless if the PCIe cables already had a cap added

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/21 14:26:54 (permalink)
    Elrik138
    This is a very nice design, genius in fact. It is however limited by the fact that should your EVGA GPU ever die and you buy a different manufacturer's card you have just rendered it useless. The power pins can be moved spatially, changed in configuration (ie. 6Pin + 8Pin, 8Pin + 6Pin, 8Pin Only or 6Pin Only) but they Can't be turned to have the pin clip(s) face the back of the card making its use with another manufacturer's card impossible. You Don't make PSUs that work only with EVGA Motherboards, and GPUS so Why limited this to only work with an EVGA, Founders Edition Card, and the few Other(?) Cards in this configuration? 

Maybe release a second product where the Power Pins are reversed? Or one where they can be reversed?

Despite this complaint, ALL My PC's will always have room for EVGA Parts. I use only EVGA PSU's in My Own PC's and maybe my next GPU will go back to EVGA< who knows. Best Regards,

Mark

It's a good idea but probably would be hard because you don't know exactly what the vendor would do that could make it not work. They are building dependent on cables going into the side of the card when they think about backplate and heatsink and not going into development thinking of if the card would work with Powerlink. In a way you could look at the question of why would others vendors make cards that wouldn't work with Powerlink?

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

powermix24
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 119
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/21 14:34:05 (permalink)
    Mine came in today :) looking real good

Intel 9900K 5GHZ|Windows 10 AE|Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi|Corsair H150i ELITE CAPELLIX|16GB GSkill RGB DDR4 3200Mz|EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra|EVGA G3 1000 Watt|EVGA DG-87 Case|Alienware 34'' Curved Gaming Monitor: AW3418DW
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/21 15:58:54 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    there are no details listed in the article, other than: "an EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 and ran Unigine Heaven Benchmark, and you can see the difference"

So it would seem logical that the Same PSU & PCIe cables were used for both Tests - regardless if the PCIe cables already had a cap added

To be fair, it's easy to see the difference on the oscilloscope, but the test is almost certainly flawed and therefore the difference we "see" is completely irrelevant.

The bulk capacitors are added near the end of the lead near the PCI-E connectors.  Then, they measure how much more stable the voltage is at the PCI-E connectors.  Of course it is more stable!  But what difference does it make?  Absolutely no difference at all.  The stability of the voltage at the PSU side is going to be the same (longish wires and inductance make the affect of the capacitors undetectable).  And the stability of the voltage output of the VRM into the GPU core and GPU memory is going to be the same.  The only difference is that the voltage stability at the PCI-E connectors is more stable and the voltage input to the VRM is slightly more stable.  So?  Is the voltage stability of the connectors important?  Absolutely not.  Inches away from the connectors, the voltage is purposely chopped up into all sorts of high frequency pulses.  It's the filtering out of the VRM which matters; and this product has virtually no affect on that.

This can be easily demonstrated and, if you already own the equipment (the computer with high powered video card and oscilliscope), it can be demonstrated for a dollar or less.  Someone should pester Actually Hardcore Overclocking to prove that this product does nothing.

My oscilloscope is is too basic and restricted for you to accept any data that I could collect.  And I don't want to take the backplate off of my video card to do the necessary probing.  But I know enough about bulk capacitance, bypass capacitors, and VRM to know that this product is a form of snake oil.  The test/demonstration is specifically designed to make you believe that it does something useful.

EDIT:  @ 39:39 : "...it doesn't do anything, from my testing." and "...definitely the least likely to help improve your overclocking." -Actually Hardcore Overclocking
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWqsL9qfNw&t=39m39s
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/09/21 16:16:55

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/21 17:16:35 (permalink)
    MSim

It's not Johnny Guru making the claim without mentioning PCIE cable used. If Johnny Guru did the testing, they would give us way more information. It shouldn't be too hard for EVGA to clarify if they used PCIE cables with capacitor in them or not. the PowerLink has 2 capacitor in it. Is the difference evga is showing, with a capacitor vs not having any? 

If EVGA tested with a cable that does not use a capacitor, and then added the powerlink.. the results are the same.
    If EVGA tested with a cable that does use a capacitor, and then added the powerlink.. the results are the same.
    If EVGA tested with a cable that does not use a capacitor, and then added a cable that does use a capacitor and a powerlink.. the results would probably be void, as the variables had changed.. 

best part of all three scenarios.. I answered you in the first quote when I said "I wouldn't have the answer to that question.  But I am sure if EVGA wants to answer, they will reply."  Basically.. quoting me won't get you the answer.  I simply responded to you because you quoted me.  I am not sure why you bailed on the markup statement you made when I asked how huge.. I mean, the powerlink costs the same as a single custom 8pin pci cable, so I would assume that if it helps with cable management, that is enough for most users.  The filtering will likely be a secondary thought for 99% of users. 

You asked your question, and the weekend started.. EVGA main office isn't open over the weekend, so your question probably wouldn't be answered before Monday at the earliest, unless one of the tech involved in the testing is super bored.. Yes, I am deflecting because no one in this forum can answer your question no matter how many times you quote them or state what you want to know.. be patient, if EVGA wants to answer, they will reply.. when they are in the office..   

ty_ger07 
    Spoiler
    To be fair, it's easy to see the difference on the oscilloscope, but the test is almost certainly flawed and therefore the difference we "see" is completely irrelevant.

The bulk capacitors are added near the end of the lead near the PCI-E connectors.  Then, they measure how much more stable the voltage is at the PCI-E connectors.  Of course it is more stable!  But what difference does it make?  Absolutely no difference at all.  The stability of the voltage at the PSU side is going to be the same (longish wires and inductance make the affect of the capacitors undetectable).  And the stability of the voltage output of the VRM into the GPU core and GPU memory is going to be the same.  The only difference is that the voltage stability at the PCI-E connectors is more stable and the voltage input to the VRM is slightly more stable.  So?  Is the voltage stability of the connectors important?  Absolutely not.  Inches away from the connectors, the voltage is purposely chopped up into all sorts of high frequency pulses.  It's the filtering out of the VRM which matters; and this product has virtually no affect on that.

This can be easily demonstrated and, if you already own the equipment (the computer with high powered video card and oscilliscope), it can be demonstrated for a dollar or less.  Someone should pester Actually Hardcore Overclocking to prove that this product does nothing.

My oscilloscope is is too basic and restricted for you to accept any data that I could collect.  And I don't want to take the backplate off of my video card to do the necessary probing.  But I know enough about bulk capacitance, bypass capacitors, and VRM to know that this product is a form of snake oil.  The test/demonstration is specifically designed to make you believe that it does something useful.

EDIT:  @ 39:39 : "...it doesn't do anything, from my testing." and "...definitely the least likely to help improve your overclocking." -Actually Hardcore Overclocking
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWqsL9qfNw&t=39m39s
    close

It's strange that the charts at 12:36 are smoother, even if not by much, over the min/max on the bottom edge of the chart with the capacitors.  I would still rather the testing be carried out by a professional review company like JohnnyGuru.  Buildzoid just rambles about nothing for far too long in all of his videos.  

https://youtu.be/YJWqsL9qfNw?t=759 
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/21 18:11:29 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one

It's strange that the charts at 12:36 are smoother, even if not by much, over the min/max on the bottom edge of the chart with the capacitors.  I would still rather the testing be carried out by a professional review company like JohnnyGuru.  Buildzoid just rambles about nothing for far too long in all of his videos.  

https://youtu.be/YJWqsL9qfNw?t=759 

But those tests you mention, from earlier in the video, are different than the subject of this thread.  Those tests had bulk "bypass" capacitors mounted directly to the back of the components and then measured how smooth the voltage is.  This is obvious by the use of "6.3v" capacitors.  In other words, those tests were for adding capacitance AFTER the output of the VRM (as close as possible to the component).

The thing we are talking about in this thread is bulk capacitors added far from the components BEFORE the VRM; for 12v power.  The part of the video I mentioned was the small part where he talked about his testing of adding capacitors before the VRM and how it does nothing except only if your power supply is absolutely terrible (in which case you should replace the power supply for many reasons [safety, reliability, etcetera] instead of adding bulk capacitors to the power supply output).

Adding too much bulk capacitance to the power supply output can actually cause issues and cause the power-on and power-off signals to no longer meet ATX specifications (if using a very energy efficient computer and/or getting absolutely crazy about adding bulk capacitance).  Adding the capacitance AFTER the VRM can help and doesn't cause the same issues with meeting ATX specifications.  Adding the capacitance BEFORE the VRM does nothing useful.

It would be nice to see this proven by a professional, but the outcome is already apparent.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/09/21 18:21:19

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/21 18:25:30 (permalink)
    ty_ger07

But those tests you mention, from earlier in the video, are different than the subject of this thread.  Those tests had bulk bypass capacitors mounted directly to the back of the components and then measured how smooth the voltage is.  In other words, those tests were for adding capacitance AFTER the output of the VRM.  This thing we are talking about in this thread is bulk capacitors added far from the components BEFORE the VRM.  The part of the video I mentioned was the small part where he talked about his testing of adding capacitors before the VRM and how it does nothing except only if your power supply is absolutely terrible (in which case you should replace the power supply for many reasons [safety, reliability, etcetera] instead of adding bulk capacitors to the power supply output).

Adding too much bulk capacitance to the power supply output can actually cause issues and cause the power-on and power-off signals to no longer meet ATX specifications (if using a very energy efficient computer and/or getting absolutely crazy about adding bulk capacitance).  Adding the capacitance AFTER the VRM can help and doesn't cause issues with meeting ATX specifications.  Adding the capacitance BEFORE the VRM does nothing useful.

It would be nice to see this proven by a professional, but the outcome is already apparent.

Ah, got it.  For context, you should start the video at 38:00, where he actually mentions what he is talking about, and at 39:39 he states adding capacitors to the 12v line has a low probability of helping.  That extra minute and a half gives a heck of lot of context rather than just jumping straight to the end of the subject where someone that rambles is rambling aimlessly. I like Buildzoids PCB reviews and tear downs, but I can not sit around for 40 minutes with him.. ever. 

I honestly scrolled the bottom of the page to find any charts in his video, and those were the only ones that popped up, and I didn't hunting for context to go with them.  My bad, you were right ;-)
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/21 18:34:43 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    MSim

If EVGA tested with a cable that does not use a capacitor, and then added the powerlink.. the results are the same.
    If EVGA tested with a cable that does use a capacitor, and then added the powerlink.. the results are the same.
    If EVGA tested with a cable that does not use a capacitor, and then added a cable that does use a capacitor and a powerlink.. the results would probably be void, as the variables had changed.. 

best part of all three scenarios.. I answered you in the first quote when I said "I wouldn't have the answer to that question.  But I am sure if EVGA wants to answer, they will reply."  Basically.. quoting me won't get you the answer.  I simply responded to you because you quoted me.  I am not sure why you bailed on the markup statement you made when I asked how huge.. I mean, the powerlink costs the same as a single custom 8pin pci cable, so I would assume that if it helps with cable management, that is enough for most users.  The filtering will likely be a secondary thought for 99% of users. 

You asked your question, and the weekend started.. EVGA main office isn't open over the weekend, so your question probably wouldn't be answered before Monday at the earliest, unless one of the tech involved in the testing is super bored.. Yes, I am deflecting because no one in this forum can answer your question no matter how many times you quote them or state what you want to know.. be patient, if EVGA wants to answer, they will reply.. when they are in the office..   

The results are not the same for all scenarios. 

1) no capacitor on the PCIE cable and no PowerLink = a difference
    2) Do more capacitors make any difference?
    3) capacitor on PCIE cable but no power link, is it just like having powerlink but no capacitor on PCIE cable

PowerLink does help with cable management. Probably the only thing worth buying the PowerLink for.

The markup on powerlink can't be that high (probably under $3 ), they were like $5 awhile back. No way EVGA would ever sell them for a loss. 

aidolon
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/26 05:08:07 (permalink)
    Yes, of course You should buy PowerLink then pay for it and pay for its shipping. Then wait for delivery and hope You will be more lucky than me ´cause I am waiting several years aready. And company with best customer services don´t resolve it, nor refund despite my severel notice.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/26 09:06:14 (permalink)
    aidolon
    Yes, of course You should buy PowerLink then pay for it and pay for its shipping. Then wait for delivery and hope You will be more lucky than me ´cause I am waiting several years aready. And company with best customer services don´t resolve it, nor refund despite my severel notice.

Really?
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/26 11:00:19 (permalink)
    Keep in mind the EVGA store isn't the only place you can get the Powerlink from. Places like Amazon and Newegg also sell the Powerlink.

aidolon
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/26 12:31:03 (permalink)
    Sajin
    aidolon

Really?

Yes, really. I never joking about such serious thing.
      These info I found at e-mail:
    Transaction ID:73J17850W9807945HTransaction Date:12/22/2016 12:37:49 AMYou will receive an email when your EVGA PowerLink(s) have shipped.
    Email with shipping notice wasn´t delivered nor PowerLinks itself. So I twice contact customer support but without any result and so I sadly finish with EVGA. I was, maybe I still am, Elite member, from 2012 I bought almost every generation top EVGA edition of nVidia GC (GTX680SC Signature 2, GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0, GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, GTX 1080 CLASSIFIED GAMING ACX 3.0 and EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING) and about 10 another EVGA card for my friends. I am only small private customer, so why care about lost me, right? So my new RTX2080Ti is AORUS.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/26 13:43:43 (permalink)
    aidolon
    Sajin
    aidolon

Really?

Transaction ID:73J17850W9807945HTransaction Date:12/22/2016 12:37:49 AM
    You will receive an email when your EVGA PowerLink(s) have shipped.
    Email with shipping notice wasn´t delivered nor PowerLinks itself. So I twice contact customer support but without any result and so I sadly finish with EVGA. I was, maybe I still am, Elite member, from 2012 I bought almost every generation top EVGA edition of nVidia GC (GTX680SC Signature 2, GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0, GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, GTX 1080 CLASSIFIED GAMING ACX 3.0 and EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING) and about 10 another EVGA card for my friends. I am only small private customer, so why care about lost me, right? So my new RTX2080Ti is AORUS.

Sorry to hear that. You should try to contact support again.
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/26 13:48:38 (permalink)
    aidolon
    Sajin
    aidolon

Really?

We're looking into it.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/26 14:04:08 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    aidolon
    Sajin
    aidolon

Really?

We're looking into it.

aidolon
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/26 14:54:27 (permalink)
    Sajin
    aidolon
    Sajin
    aidolon

Really?

Sorry to hear that. You should try to contact support again.

It´s not your fault but thanks. Contact support again? Why? You think that contact it twice via RMA and email and one FB message isn´t enough? And more... based on my preceding experiences with missing screws at bought backplate, which was not solved anyway, is this standard level of customer care at EVGA :-) Yes, I am not luckyone usually, if I buy a dwarf at evening it will grow to a giant till morning :-D

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/26 15:00:21 (permalink)
    aidolon

Contact support again? Why?

EVGA is already looking into the issue for you, so you don't need to contact them again atm.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA PowerLink - Power Matters! 2019/09/26 15:08:37 (permalink)
    Sajin
    aidolon

Contact support again? Why?

EVGA is already looking into the issue for you, so you don't need to contact them again atm.

See Post #26 from EVGATech_LeeM

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile