EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS

Page: << < ..191192193194195.. > >> Showing page 194 of 240
Author
Dasoa
  • Total Posts : 87
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/16 09:08:32 (permalink)
Raudkast
Dasoa
My first card, supposed to be a 3090oc program card, has just returned to the rma(sic) department.
Indeed this one always displayed 80w on pciexpress 16x and not exceeding 430w on the BIOS oc 500w(re sic) :(
Of course I had to pay the shipping costs again, even though I am not responsible for sending a corrupted card! What a shame....
I asked them if they are sure this time to deliver me a working card that is really part of the oc3090 program?
No answer from them... So I'm back for a lottery round... I hope this will be the last time because I can't imagine sending the card back a 3rd time and paying the high shipping costs again (over 100euros each time for me).
The nightmare continues... Thank you evga I won't forget it....on that you can be sure.. 

Again, EU EVGA? I waiting for more than a week for a new card to be ship...If the new one is problematic again then I will sell it and forget about this company forever...

Yes, this is my first card of the so called 0c3090 program(Serial 2112... Made in China)  on the way to the European rma
It will arrive next tuesday....at last I hope (200 euros in all disbursed for the moment :(....)
However, the fact that they don't answer me about the fact that they will send me a "functional" card this time doesn't bode well for the future.
I've had enough of the way they handle their so-called oc3090 program!
As far as I'm concerned, I'm going to give them one last chance.
If the next card doesn't meet the advertised specs, I'll get rid of it and switch to Asus!
No more Evga cards for me forever!
post edited by Dasoa - 2021/04/16 09:25:09
GlaucomaPredator
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/16 09:44:06 (permalink)
Dasoa

Yes, this is my first card of the so called 0c3090 program(Serial 2112... Made in China)  on the way to the European rma
It will arrive next tuesday....at last I hope (200 euros in all disbursed for the moment :(....)
However, the fact that they don't answer me about the fact that they will send me a "functional" card this time doesn't bode well for the future.
If the next card doesn't meet the advertised specs, I'll get rid of it and switch to Asus!

Ha, good luck with that, I got an Asus 3090 Strix and sold it because I couldn't oc it past 30 Hz core. 
Have you seen the new Asus motherboards for intel? Utter trash, pins bend by just putting the processor in, unless you buy their top tier boards their mid range product is meh.

You may have your issues with the card but at least EVGA has a return program for these cards.
Asus would just laugh in your face. Tell you that if it works at the advertised speed you got the product you paid for. 
Everyone thinks that Asus is still a superior premium brand, it is not, it's just as the rest. 

Yes EVGA products have their issues, but at least they don't void your warranty if you want to put on a water block. 
Their Warranty and RMA program is top notch, second to none. 
I returned a second hand bought 1080ti a few years ago 3 times to EVGA, and finally I got a working card. 
Hang in there and be patient, I know how frustrating this can be. 
If you don't want to be left without a card just do the cross ship RMA.

elbramso
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 192
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/16 10:13:50 (permalink)
Dasoa
Raudkast
Dasoa
My first card, supposed to be a 3090oc program card, has just returned to the rma(sic) department.
Indeed this one always displayed 80w on pciexpress 16x and not exceeding 430w on the BIOS oc 500w(re sic) :(
Of course I had to pay the shipping costs again, even though I am not responsible for sending a corrupted card! What a shame....
I asked them if they are sure this time to deliver me a working card that is really part of the oc3090 program?
No answer from them... So I'm back for a lottery round... I hope this will be the last time because I can't imagine sending the card back a 3rd time and paying the high shipping costs again (over 100euros each time for me).
The nightmare continues... Thank you evga I won't forget it....on that you can be sure.. 

Again, EU EVGA? I waiting for more than a week for a new card to be ship...If the new one is problematic again then I will sell it and forget about this company forever...

Where did you have to send the card to? I'm from Germany and was hoping that if I decide to RMA the card, I could send it to a location in Germany...
Btw. I think it's quite funny that the RMA process is for cards that can't reach 500w with the XOC BIOS... no word on the fact that all of these cards exceed the pcie slot power draw of 75w...

RTX 3090 K|NGP|N OPTIMUS BLOCK, 10900K on Z490 MAXIMUS HERO, 32GB DDR4 3200@3800, Custom loop: 2x 560 + 480 rads, dual pump
Dasoa
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/16 10:31:31 (permalink)
The only evga service center for Europe is in Germany. 
GlaucomaPredator
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/16 10:49:33 (permalink)
elbramso

Where did you have to send the card to? I'm from Germany and was hoping that if I decide to RMA the card, I could send it to a location in Germany...
Btw. I think it's quite funny that the RMA process is for cards that can't reach 500w with the XOC BIOS... no word on the fact that all of these cards exceed the pcie slot power draw of 75w...

I think it is amazing that they even allow such an RMA. 
Any other company would laugh you out of the room.
elbramso
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/16 11:12:21 (permalink)
GlaucomaPredator
elbramso

Don't agree. Pcie power draw limit is 75w, that is an agreed standard. If the card draws more than that it's running out of spec and can be seen as defective. My point is, the pcie power draw should be the RMA reason

RTX 3090 K|NGP|N OPTIMUS BLOCK, 10900K on Z490 MAXIMUS HERO, 32GB DDR4 3200@3800, Custom loop: 2x 560 + 480 rads, dual pump
hyuiop
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/16 12:12:11 (permalink)
elbramso
GlaucomaPredator
elbramso

Don't agree. Pcie power draw limit is 75w, that is an agreed standard. If the card draws more than that it's running out of spec and can be seen as defective. My point is, the pcie power draw should be the RMA reason

Yeah this ^^ + it is blatantly obvious the voltage controller was not fit for purpose and they made a mistake on the 8-pin rail shut traces.
zig11727
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/16 14:30:20 (permalink)
GlaucomaPredator
Dasoa

Ha, good luck with that, I got an Asus 3090 Strix and sold it because I couldn't oc it past 30 Hz core. 
Have you seen the new Asus motherboards for intel? Utter trash, pins bend by just putting the processor in, unless you buy their top tier boards their mid range product is meh.

You may have your issues with the card but at least EVGA has a return program for these cards.
Asus would just laugh in your face. Tell you that if it works at the advertised speed you got the product you paid for. 
Everyone thinks that Asus is still a superior premium brand, it is not, it's just as the rest. 

Yes EVGA products have their issues, but at least they don't void your warranty if you want to put on a water block. 
Their Warranty and RMA program is top notch, second to none. 
I returned a second hand bought 1080ti a few years ago 3 times to EVGA, and finally I got a working card. 
Hang in there and be patient, I know how frustrating this can be. 
If you don't want to be left without a card just do the cross ship RMA.

I'm still upset that I had to RMA my video card back and it cost roughly $200 in shipping but the fact is I have a video card to RMA back thanks to notify system also my problem was solved the high power drawn on PCI-E slot and EVGA still does have the best warranty, customer service around. I been purchasing PC parts for close to 45 years now. 
post edited by zig11727 - 2021/04/16 14:32:26
cavity101
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS 2021/04/16 14:33:48 (permalink)
what happens if you have an older model that didnt ship out with OC bios and you flip to secondary mode? I just want to know how to tell if i need to install the 2nd bios or not
GlaucomaPredator
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/16 14:38:17 (permalink)
elbramso
GlaucomaPredator
elbramso

I better send my card back then because it's drawing 15 Watts over the 8pin connector spec. 
You realize the power draw will fluctuate and that the spec allows for tolerances above the recommended 75 Watts. 
Motherboard manufacturers also build in tolerances to allow for power draw spikes. 
80 watts is 6.6 % above spec, not a bid deal. 

post edited by GlaucomaPredator - 2021/04/16 15:12:00
arestavo
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6916
  • Ribbons : 76
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/16 14:40:39 (permalink)
GlaucomaPredator
elbramso
GlaucomaPredator
elbramso

I better send my card back then because it's drawing 15 Watts over the 8pin connector spec. 
You realize the power draw will fluctuate and that the spec allows for tolerances above the recommended 75 Watts. 
Motherboard manufacturers also build in tolerances to allow for power draw spikes. 

GPU-Z doesn't show you the 3.3V PCIE slot power draw, which is why properly functioning (edit to add: stock) cards draw no more than ~67W as shown by GPU-Z.

What's the tolerance of 80+W as shown by GPU-Z knowing that?
post edited by arestavo - 2021/04/16 14:43:20
GlaucomaPredator
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/16 15:15:55 (permalink)
arestavo
GlaucomaPredator
elbramso
GlaucomaPredator
elbramso

GPU-Z doesn't show you the 3.3V PCIE slot power draw, which is why properly functioning (edit to add: stock) cards draw no more than ~67W as shown by GPU-Z.

All mechanical tolerances have a +/- % be it temperature, voltage, or current. 
My XC3 drew 75W + peaking at 80 on the PCIe slot. 
Turbo-12R
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 130
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/16 22:52:43 (permalink)

I  thank EVGA for offering up the RMA program for the 3090 FTW 3 cards.  It was kind of above and beyond for them to do so.  Sent mine in - early 3090 purchase (working fine) because it was "out of spec".  New card does perform better and is within spec.  Old card according to 3DMark was still way above average for 3090 cards... 

I wonder if executives of other brands answer questions on the forums like EVGA.  Rhetorical question.
post edited by Turbo-12R - 2021/04/17 09:10:55

Thermaltake Level 20HT
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core
Thermaltake Pacific MX1 Plus Water Block
Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series DDR4 3600
2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVMe
1x Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB NVMe
TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta MAX RGB SSD 1TB
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA w/EKWB
Dual Thermaltake PR22-D5 Pumps
Dual Thermaltake Pacific CL360 64mm Rads
EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 1200W
MSI OPTIX MPG341CQR
Den-ko
  • Total Posts : 64
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/17 06:17:24 (permalink)
GlaucomaPredator
arestavo
GlaucomaPredator
elbramso
GlaucomaPredator
elbramso

All mechanical tolerances have a +/- % be it temperature, voltage, or current. 
My XC3 drew 75W + peaking at 80 on the PCIe slot. 

While I understand your point, I don't want to risk any damage (or fire damage). Can we get more people to talk about this? I want to use the kingpin bios but it's clearly pulling 75-83W from PCI-E slot. 

My motherboard does have two 8pin cpu headers and can tolerate the Wattage but if people claim it causes damage what type of damage CAN it cause?
HoWxCoRe23
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/17 12:28:19 (permalink)
every single component on my pc is overclocked, so i'm not too concerned that 5-10w above spec in my PCIE-Power from 75w to 83w . Completely stable.
post edited by HoWxCoRe23 - 2021/04/17 12:34:09
arestavo
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/17 12:53:43 (permalink)
HoWxCoRe23
every single component on my pc is overclocked, so i'm not too concerned that 5-10w above spec in my PCIE-Power from 75w to 83w . Completely stable.

FWIW, that 83W is 12V only, nothing from 3.3V as GPU-Z doesn't show that for the PCIE slot. In spec stock cards will pull ~67W from the PCIE slot as shown by GPU-Z (so ~8W not shown on a functioning card for the 75W spec).
broski
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/17 14:24:38 (permalink)
Bepzinky
I'm having second thoughts on sending my FTW to RMA, it's been almost 10 days and it's still on 'preparing to ship product'.

Europe RMA here, also waiting for 2 weeks now.
Well.. As long I get a good working card I have no complaints.... But it would really suck hard if rma card would have same issues again.

Maybe it would be better to wait for rma until some of the new cards are in stock.... 
Dasoa
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/17 16:42:48 (permalink)
Another illogicality on their part in this program called "0c3090 Europe".
Why activate quickly the rma of the people, knowing that they do not have the replacement cards of the aforementioned program in stock and that they are going to make the customer wait a long time (knowing that in their rma charter, they commit themselves to return the product within 3 days).
One remains a long time without card for those who did not adhere to their direct exchange system.
Once again a zero point.... 
post edited by Dasoa - 2021/04/17 20:49:35
Bepzinky
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 281
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/18 01:23:51 (permalink)
Seriously? EU have no 3090 stock and still they just take any 3090 RMA request? That would be very low on their part.
lucasfrance
  • Total Posts : 73
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/18 03:58:48 (permalink)
I'm about to send back my 3090 FTW3 ultra (3090OC RMA approved end of last week) to EVGA Germany... Has anyone got their RMA card lately from them?
ramsito82
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/18 04:06:22 (permalink)
lucasfrance
I'm about to send back my 3090 FTW3 ultra (3090OC RMA approved end of last week) to EVGA Germany... Has anyone got their RMA card lately from them?

My card arrived in Germany more than a week ago, with no delivery notice yet.

elbramso
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/18 04:27:45 (permalink)
ramsito82
lucasfrance

My card arrived in Germany more than a week ago, with no delivery notice yet.

That's so sad :-(
I'd be super happy if they were able to just fix my card. I don't want or need a replacement

Bepzinky
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 281
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/18 05:34:29 (permalink)
lucasfrance

Maybe try selling it? Well, in the end, according to EVGA they are not 'defective'.
arestavo
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/18 08:04:22 (permalink)
Bepzinky
lucasfrance

Maybe try selling it? Well, in the end, according to EVGA they are not 'defective'.

And they'd be very wrong if your card is pulling >75W from the PCIE slot from GPU-Z when stock (look up "AMD RX480 PCIE Power" for reference). That's very likely why EVGA has the OC 3090 RMA program now - it's a liability to sell PCIE cards that are out of PCIE spec, and it's as bad for EVGA's brand image as it was for AMD.
saygin123
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 109
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/18 08:52:06 (permalink)
when will we have a  500+ bios update for 3090 hydro copper cards? 
arestavo
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/18 09:58:05 (permalink)
saygin123
when will we have a  500+ bios update for 3090 hydro copper cards? 

Best place to ask that, as this is primarily a user to user help forum, is here: https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/ 
willm1224
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 221
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/18 11:39:38 (permalink)
Update with a new revision card: I was previously, on all iterations of the revision card bioses, power-locked to 465 watts. I easily pull 500 w now. I am seconding what others have said about running the original card's XOC 500w bios (or hybrid bios) on these new revision cards. This maintains under 67 watt PCIE power and pulls 160-170 w through the first two 8 pins. (as I understand it under 175 w definitely fine) while the third 8 pin remains at 110 w. I am actually getting 500w power draw. 14,750 port royal scores. jumps easily 200-300 points just from moving from any revision card card bios to the original card bios. Since the card is on a hybrid kit, I have also been able to convert the original card 500w xoc bios to the 500w hybrid bios. There was a firmware flash, no issue. Card repasted with kryonaut even with 500w pulling through it gpu core temps never exceed 62 C. Core clocks are much more stable and higher in benchmarks and games as well. 
tasansal
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/18 19:43:52 (permalink)
So if we already installed the XOC BIOS in January, then updated via precision x after resize bar, do we need to install the new bios from the main post?

Is the update from precision the same version?

Apologies if it has been asked before.
elbramso
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/18 21:30:25 (permalink)
willm1224
Update with a new revision card: I was previously, on all iterations of the revision card bioses, power-locked to 465 watts. I easily pull 500 w now. I am seconding what others have said about running the original card's XOC 500w bios (or hybrid bios) on these new revision cards. This maintains under 67 watt PCIE power and pulls 160-170 w through the first two 8 pins. (as I understand it under 175 w definitely fine) while the third 8 pin remains at 110 w. I am actually getting 500w power draw. 14,750 port royal scores. jumps easily 200-300 points just from moving from any revision card card bios to the original card bios. Since the card is on a hybrid kit, I have also been able to convert the original card 500w xoc bios to the 500w hybrid bios. There was a firmware flash, no issue. Card repasted with kryonaut even with 500w pulling through it gpu core temps never exceed 62 C. Core clocks are much more stable and higher in benchmarks and games as well. 

Sounds good but the original bios doesn't support ReBar, right?

Pugwoof
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/04/19 07:25:35 (permalink)
willm1224

Want to make sure I'm understanding this post correctly. I currently have a 3090 FTW3 ULTRA (On Air) from the 3090OC E-mail RMA Program. I updated the Normal and OC BIOS that came with the card to the respective 'Re-Bar' versions via X1. I did a fair amount of testing both BEFORE and after the Re-Bar BIOS updates.
  •  - On OOB Pre-Installed OC BIOS I was not able to draw above 470-ish Watts at the Max (Best PR Scores 14,800-14,840)
  •  - On the X1 Provided BIOS Update for Re-Bar (updating the OC Switch 500Watt Bios) I'm similarly seeing a MAX Power Draw in the mid 470's. I did see a slight improvement in PR...best score so far is 14,871 (+1200/+165 in X1).
  •  - In all Benchmarking across both BIOS PCI Slot Draw never exceeds ~65Watts.

I'm happy with this card's performance even though I'm STILL not able to get near the 500 Watt supposed Power Limit. This card is miles better than the one I sent back. Per you post and others- are you saying there is a OLDER XOC 500Watt BIOS that if flashed to the 3090OC Program RMA Cards will allow for Power Draw to actually reach 500Watts?
  • I've seen folks trying the KP 520Watt BIOS and seeing Power Draw closer to that 500Watt range. Something I may try; but if there is a actual FTW3 OC Bios that achieves the same result I'd rather try this.
  • IF I'm interpreting this correctly can you please point me to (or note the BIOS #) of the exact BIOS you're leveraging to reach 500Watts on the Revision RMA card? Also, I assume this is a NON-Rebar BIOS?
Overall, I am actually very happy with my RMA experience. I did fork over about $120 for faster shipping both directions...but the total turn around time from pulling my card out to re-install was about 8 Days. I'm running the card with stock air cooling and am damn close to breaking 14,900 on PR. I do have very good case temps and benchmarking on cold mornings where PC is close to open window (if I had this card back in March when it was still super cold early mornings I think I'd be able to break 15,000 PR on air).

Thanks in advance!

Page: << < ..191192193194195.. > >> Showing page 194 of 240
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile