EVGA

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 15
Author
MrDoubleU
  • Total Posts : 42
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/03 17:16:14 (permalink)
aids9001
EVGA_JacobF
ryan_hinkle
Question.. I just ordered the SC2 Hybrid from Newegg but didn't see anything about the Ghost Recon/For Honor promo.  Is that not available with that card through Newegg?  No big deal if not, just curious since it's available on the EVGA site with the promo.

Should be there, we are reaching out.

I was lucky enough to snag one of them before they sold out on Newegg, but apparently I was too quick as the promotion hadn't been activated on that item yet, and because I didn't make a qualifying purchase during the proper "time frame" Newegg will not send me the code.

Is this something that EVGA or Nvidia could help me out with?

+1 I think I did the same. Seems we should still be able to get this offer, I hope.
ryan_hinkle
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/03 17:26:47 (permalink)
MrDoubleU
aids9001
EVGA_JacobF
ryan_hinkle
Question.. I just ordered the SC2 Hybrid from Newegg but didn't see anything about the Ghost Recon/For Honor promo.  Is that not available with that card through Newegg?  No big deal if not, just curious since it's available on the EVGA site with the promo.

I was lucky enough to snag one of them before they sold out on Newegg, but apparently I was too quick as the promotion hadn't been activated on that item yet, and because I didn't make a qualifying purchase during the proper "time frame" Newegg will not send me the code.

+1 I think I did the same. Seems we should still be able to get this offer, I hope.

It's looking like we won't be able to get it.  Hope EVGA or nVidia can do something about it. Newegg screws up and doesn't list that it has the promotional deal and we get screwed because of it.
simfreak
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/03 18:20:13 (permalink)
EVGA sorry for slightly O/T...
Is this still your position? Do mil-bros get the shaft? 

EVGA does not accept the use of the following listed addresses for any purchases made through EVGA.com.
  • APO Addresses (Orders over $200 USD due to shipping restrictions)
MrDoubleU
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/03 18:56:02 (permalink)
ryan_hinkle
MrDoubleU
aids9001
EVGA_JacobF
ryan_hinkle

It's looking like we won't be able to get it.  Hope EVGA or nVidia can do something about it. Newegg screws up and doesn't list that it has the promotional deal and we get screwed because of it.

That would surprise me... Newegg is usually quite good with customer service. I'll call them tomorrow, and if I have any luck I'll repost an update.
lolotte
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/03 19:16:54 (permalink)
I don't understand why we all have to fight over F5 like animals...

Why can't I just preorder it on Amazon/EVGA/Newegg and get it when there are stocks?
ryan_hinkle
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/03 19:18:25 (permalink)
MrDoubleU

That would surprise me... Newegg is usually quite good with customer service. I'll call them tomorrow, and if I have any luck I'll repost an update.

Please let us know how you make out.  I talked to customer service twice in the last 24 hours.  First was told they put in a request(haven't heard back on that one), then the second time was told that the only way to get the promo was to send the card back and reorder it.
ken_brickley
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/03 20:36:22 (permalink)
I sent them an email with my order info and asking about the code. They responded with the code in about an hour. Try contacting them again.
MrDoubleU
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/03 20:58:01 (permalink)
ken_brickley
I sent them an email with my order info and asking about the code. They responded with the code in about an hour. Try contacting them again.

Good to hear! I'll try shooting them an email as well then and see if I get similar results I'll update when I do.

As to the previous guys' remarks about not being able preorder; that is kinda odd. It would seem to make good business sense too.
My best guess is that they maybe launched this card earlier than they initially anticipated and weren't prepared to announce the launch with preorders.
This could have been sparked by MSI and Corsair launching their hybrid card last week or whenever that was (although I heard it's already discontinued? odd... lots of coil whine issues it seems).
That would go along with why nothing was heard about this card until the very day it launched, and also why stocks are so low.
As it is they seem to be exceeding supply with the demand even without preorders.
chriskbchan
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/03 23:11:22 (permalink)
lolotte

Why can't I just preorder it on Amazon/EVGA/Newegg and get it when there are stocks?

+1
I remember pre-ordered my 980Ti Hybrid on Amazon back then
Duppex77
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 217
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/03 23:44:41 (permalink)
Day 3 and still waiting for EU stock 

Asus X570 Dark Hero, Ryzen 5900x, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz, RTX 3090 FE, 500GB Samsung 980 Pro, BX500 Crucial 2TB, Be-quit 500DX, Corsair AX1000, Razer Basilisk U, Asus Scope TKL Deluxe, ASUS PG279QM G-SYNC.

** I miss the days when EVGA made great GPU's - GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 HYBRID she was so Sexy *** 
Evoflash
  • Total Posts : 92
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/03 23:53:48 (permalink)
@Jacob will we see a FTW3 HYBRID? or am I waiting in vain?
HALi1337
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 00:31:16 (permalink)
It is possible to do a Step-Up from a EVGA 1080 Ti Founders Edition?
dandilion34
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 04:55:34 (permalink)
What's this about a FTW hybrid? When have they ever put out multiple hybrids? When I seen the announcement i assumed this was the hybrid for this year.
PietroBR
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1202
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 05:12:38 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
PietroBR
@Jacob, do you have a new ETA for more cards to be in stock?

May have more next week.

Thanks Jacob.

bojerka

and can you say price for Hydro version? I need know what is better option (price). Wait on Hydro or buy air cooled version. Block + backplate I buy from EKWB.

Example 1080 Hydro version cost lower like option 1080 on Air + block + backplate.

It shows, in the product pages, USD809,99.
https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+10+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+1080+Ti (just scroll down)

Case: Asus Z370-G Box / MB: Asus Z370-G / CPU: Intel I7 8700K / Mem.: 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 / GPU: GTX 1080TI FTW3 / A.I.O. W.C: EVGA CLC280 / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

Evoflash
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 05:39:16 (permalink)
dandilion34
What's this about a FTW hybrid? When have they ever put out multiple hybrids? When I seen the announcement i assumed this was the hybrid for this year.

This is what I'd like clarification on. I'm all set to cancel Seahawk X and instead order the SC2 HYBRID right now, but if FTW3 HYBRID is coming then I'd wait for that. 
LurkerLito
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 06:50:05 (permalink)
lolotte

I know right? After the 980Ti Hybrid craziness you'd think they'd have fixed it for the next time round. Funny thing is preorders are available for the most useless things (like digital games) that have infinite "stock" and yet the things that really need to have preordering as an option cause there is a physical stock limit don't have them . The world is just completely backwards now or to put on my tinfoil hat for a moment, a conspiracy to help inflate the prices of these items for ebay sellers .

chap34
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 207
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 06:52:21 (permalink)
LurkerLito
lolotte

I know right? After the 980Ti Hybrid craziness you'd think they'd have fixed it for the next time round. Funny thing is preorders are available for the most useless things (like digital games) that have infinite "stock" and yet the things that really need to have preordering as an option cause there is a physical stock limit don't have them . The world is just completely backwards now or to put on my tinfoil hat for a moment, a conspiracy to help inflate the prices of these items for ebay sellers .

Amazon still doesn't have pre-orders for destiny 2 digital edition...

TheVo
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 09:17:17 (permalink)
I would expect this cards base and boost clocks to be higher then the  FTW3

Duppex77
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 217
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 09:43:01 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
Duppex77
NigelSt
Any word on EU release dates?

I really need to know this as well. I have been using the i7 7700k on chip GPU since February, waiting for this card.

Come on EVGA/Jacob, give us in the (EU) a little love 🤣.

Stock this week in EU.

EVGA/Jacob

Scan.co.uk, now have the card for pre-order/purchase.

Please can you tell us in the (EU) if we will be able to purchase this card from EVGA EU store today.

Thanks
post edited by Duppex77 - 2017/05/04 09:48:08

Asus X570 Dark Hero, Ryzen 5900x, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz, RTX 3090 FE, 500GB Samsung 980 Pro, BX500 Crucial 2TB, Be-quit 500DX, Corsair AX1000, Razer Basilisk U, Asus Scope TKL Deluxe, ASUS PG279QM G-SYNC.

** I miss the days when EVGA made great GPU's - GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 HYBRID she was so Sexy *** 
ViBen
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 10:28:53 (permalink)
Evoflash

I second that question to @Jacob. I want to snag hybrid card but I would love it to be FTW Hybrid card. Please kindly let us know if you plan on releasing FTW Hybrid so I can decide to order or not SC one :)

I think 1080Ti is finally a good time to have more than one Hybrid version, as EVGA usually has 3-4 air-cooled versions.

Thank you very much in advance.
MrDoubleU
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 11:12:52 (permalink)
ViBen
Evoflash

I second that question to @Jacob. I want to snag hybrid card but I would love it to be FTW Hybrid card. Please kindly let us know if you plan on releasing FTW Hybrid so I can decide to order or not SC one :)

I think 1080Ti is finally a good time to have more than one Hybrid version, as EVGA usually has 3-4 air-cooled versions.

Again, being redundant here... But I really don't understand the issue here, maybe someone can help enlighten me?

The reason for multiple air cooled versions would be to compete with other AIB manufacturers across the $700-$800 spectrum. This makes some sense with air cooled cards, since small tweaks to airflow and thermal padding, fan setup and design, back plating, etc. can all have some marginal impact on performance. Even then however, every 1080ti card is going to perform almost exactly the same on real world applications (~1-4 FPS), depending on the silicon lottery (this is the biggest variable in OC performance). Outside of this however, really all you're comparing across that air cooled spectrum is aesthetics, acoustics and temperature under load differences. This already being a water cooled card, the acoustics and thermals are not going to be an issue at all. The FTW3 and SC2 aesthetics are very similar as well, and would be as hybrids, perhaps even more-so. 

I guess I don't understand people's hesitance to just buy this card rather than postpone for an FTW hybrid? Can someone help me to understand? I'm not trying to be confrontational here. I genuinely just don't understand if I'm missing something here, and maybe help some people decipher the different reasons for why you would want an FTW or SC2, etc.

P.S. as an aside, Jayztwocents on youtube just did a video talking about this very issue in his testing of the ASUS 1080ti Strix. He said that he's not even going to post performance benchmark test results because all of these cards are going to perform about the same. Instead, he just talked about the acoustics, aesthetics and other small details that really are the more important factor in deciding which brand/SKU to get.
I personally chose this card because it's less than $100 more than other AIB boards, but I appreciate the lower temps and acoustics, lower case airflow requirements, etc. As well as EVGA's generally good build quality and support.

MrDoubleU
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 11:15:50 (permalink)
ryan_hinkle
MrDoubleU

Please let us know how you make out.  I talked to customer service twice in the last 24 hours.  First was told they put in a request(haven't heard back on that one), then the second time was told that the only way to get the promo was to send the card back and reorder it.

So, I followed in Ken_brickley's foot steps, emailed customer support at Newegg about not getting the code promotion for a free game, and they got right back to me first thing this morning with a free code as I suspected they would. They did say in the email that this was considered "an exception" because they value me as a customer, but I suspect they'll do the same for anyone in our position that just spent over $800 on a GPU from them.

Hope you can get similarly successful results.
Cheers.
Evoflash
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 12:58:31 (permalink)
MrDoubleU
ViBen
Evoflash

Again, being redundant here... But I really don't understand the issue here, maybe someone can help enlighten me?

The reason for multiple air cooled versions would be to compete with other AIB manufacturers across the $700-$800 spectrum. This makes some sense with air cooled cards, since small tweaks to airflow and thermal padding, fan setup and design, back plating, etc. can all have some marginal impact on performance. Even then however, every 1080ti card is going to perform almost exactly the same on real world applications (~1-4 FPS), depending on the silicon lottery (this is the biggest variable in OC performance). Outside of this however, really all you're comparing across that air cooled spectrum is aesthetics, acoustics and temperature under load differences. This already being a water cooled card, the acoustics and thermals are not going to be an issue at all. The FTW3 and SC2 aesthetics are very similar as well, and would be as hybrids, perhaps even more-so. 

I guess I don't understand people's hesitance to just buy this card rather than postpone for an FTW hybrid? Can someone help me to understand? I'm not trying to be confrontational here. I genuinely just don't understand if I'm missing something here, and maybe help some people decipher the different reasons for why you would want an FTW or SC2, etc.

P.S. as an aside, Jayztwocents on youtube just did a video talking about this very issue in his testing of the ASUS 1080ti Strix. He said that he's not even going to post performance benchmark test results because all of these cards are going to perform about the same. Instead, he just talked about the acoustics, aesthetics and other small details that really are the more important factor in deciding which brand/SKU to get.
I personally chose this card because it's less than $100 more than other AIB boards, but I appreciate the lower temps and acoustics, lower case airflow requirements, etc. As well as EVGA's generally good build quality and support.

Because sometimes people want to buy the top of the range. The best in class. Not the second best. Depends on the wait, sure. I did have a Seahawk X on order until I saw EVGA had gotten this card out. I figured it can't be long for a FTW3 HYBRID. Hence my question - how long to wait.....
The_Ninjak
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 170
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 13:06:05 (permalink)
TheVo
I would expect this cards base and boost clocks to be higher then the  FTW3

Why? It's the same specs as the regular SC2 except for the cooling. The base and boost clocks on the product descriptions are identical.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 | Cooler Master MasterCase H500M
500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro NVMe | 1TB WD Blue 3D NAND SSD

ryan_hinkle
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 13:24:46 (permalink)
MrDoubleU
ryan_hinkle
MrDoubleU

So, I followed in Ken_brickley's foot steps, emailed customer support at Newegg about not getting the code promotion for a free game, and they got right back to me first thing this morning with a free code as I suspected they would. They did say in the email that this was considered "an exception" because they value me as a customer, but I suspect they'll do the same for anyone in our position that just spent over $800 on a GPU from them.

Hope you can get similarly successful results.
Cheers.

Finally got my code this afternoon, after going back and forth with them three different times about it. I've never had any issues with Newegg Customer Support until this, but glad they finally did the right thing and gave me the code.
jlp209
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 406
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 13:48:44 (permalink)
So let me get this straight. The 1080 Ti SC Hybrid has two separate fan connectors? The radiator fan connects to the card itself (just like the current 1080 Hybrid) but the blower fan on the card now connects to a PWM header on the motherboard? I have an Asus Z170 board as per my sig but I don't use AI Suite or any fan control apps. How would I control the PWM fan connected to the motherboard if I don't have any temp sensors to monitor it? Do I need to buy an Asus thermal sensor for this to fully work?

Also, the current standalone Hybrid kit for the 1080 Ti FE, this just has the same single radiator fan connection like my current 1080 FTW Hybrid and NOT the additional PWM connector like the SC2 Hybrid, correct? If this is the case I'd honestly prefer to go with the standalone Hybrid kit. I never had a problem with the noise or temps on any Hybrid card in the past and am content with how things have always been. 

Asus ROG Strix Z390-I / i9 9900K @ 4.8ghz / Noctua NH-U12A / EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra / 32 gb G.Skill DDR4 3600 ram / Inland Premium 2TB NVMe SSD / WD 4TB SSD / LG 27GN950 4K 144hz monitor / Silverstone SX1000 PSU / Lian Li TU150 ITX case 
Angier_1985
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 13:51:08 (permalink)
Best approach is to simply set the fan on the radiator to a fixed speed. You will need to figure out the sweet spot between thermals and noise yourself.
MrDoubleU
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 14:02:14 (permalink)
jlp209
So let me get this straight. The 1080 Ti SC Hybrid has two separate fan connectors? The radiator fan connects to the card itself (just like the current 1080 Hybrid) but the blower fan on the card now connects to a PWM header on the motherboard? I have an Asus Z170 board as per my sig but I don't use AI Suite or any fan control apps. How would I control the PWM fan connected to the motherboard if I don't have any temp sensors to monitor it? Do I need to buy an Asus thermal sensor for this to fully work?

Also, the current standalone Hybrid kit for the 1080 Ti FE, this just has the same single radiator fan connection like my current 1080 FTW Hybrid and NOT the additional PWM connector like the SC2 Hybrid, correct? If this is the case I'd honestly prefer to go with the standalone Hybrid kit. I never had a problem with the noise or temps on any Hybrid card in the past and am content with how things have always been. 

My guess is that the blower fan will operate based on temperatures coming off the VRM through the ICX thermal detectors and will be controllable through the EVGA software, or will be set at some stock speed for each temp. off the VRM. Your fans don't need to be connected to the motherboard since your GPU already is. PWM just means that you have more adjust ability in the fan curve than a DC fan. This is my interpretation anyhow, but could be off.
jlp209
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 14:04:26 (permalink)
Angier_1985
Best approach is to simply set the fan on the radiator to a fixed speed. You will need to figure out the sweet spot between thermals and noise yourself.

What of the connections like I was asking about? What connects to where? Like I said, my current Hybrid card just has 1 fan connection to worry about. Radiator fan plugs into fan header directly on the card. With this new 1080 Ti Hybrid system is there the same radiator fan connection PLUS an additional fan cable to plug into the motherboard? The description is not that clear to me. 

Asus ROG Strix Z390-I / i9 9900K @ 4.8ghz / Noctua NH-U12A / EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra / 32 gb G.Skill DDR4 3600 ram / Inland Premium 2TB NVMe SSD / WD 4TB SSD / LG 27GN950 4K 144hz monitor / Silverstone SX1000 PSU / Lian Li TU150 ITX case 
jlp209
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID 2017/05/04 14:06:59 (permalink)
MrDoubleU
jlp209

My guess is that the blower fan will operate based on temperatures coming off the VRM through the ICX thermal detectors and will be controllable through the EVGA software, or will be set at some stock speed for each temp. off the VRM. Your fans don't need to be connected to the motherboard since your GPU already is. PWM just means that you have more adjust ability in the fan curve than a DC fan. This is my interpretation anyhow, but could be off.

Thanks! That makes sense. 

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 15
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile