EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 16
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/20 05:41:33 (permalink)
k|ngp|n

"And since EVGA still doesn't know how to evade nvidia greenlight that means that............... ;)
1. limited like the classified just binned chips..................WRONG!
2. Doesn't come out and gets cancelled(unlikely)...............100% UNLIKELY
3. EVGA decides to allow hardmodding of the card to go past nvidia's greenlight..................Every card ive tested did close to 1800mhz without a single mod, most over 1800. We just hit 1950+ in the lab and still no mods! :) "

Just wait and see,  don't speculate. You think I would put my name on a locked down card?

I think I love this post...   I may not upgrade to a kingpin,  due to spending way beyond my budget,  but This gives a lot of hope. 
cobz01
  • Total Posts : 93
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/20 07:12:07 (permalink)
ocCuS
I haven´t find an answer yet so I will ask it here and I hope Jacob, K|ng|n or anybody can answer it and help me decide:

I´m planning to get a 780 Ti Classified or an 780 Ti K|ng|n (and yes money is a factor for me, knowing the K|ngp|n will cost (hopefully only) around 100€ more after what I was reading in this threat and a Classified i now at 685€ here in Germany).

I know with the standard 780 Ti Classified there is still a little lottery to get a good and a very good oc card (after the bios fix which you can get now) but what are the real world difference between those two cards on air/water/ln2 (especially on water for my next build)? Will it be only a couple of frames or points in scores or will you notice a huge difference here?
(sorry for my english)

On water both cards will be basically the same... The kingpin will be able to clock higher then the classified when using ln2. If you are going to just be gaming and doing some benching, then the classified is the card to get. If you are going to be doing extreme benching / ln2 cooling, then the kingpin is the card to get.  Also if you do not plan on water cooling your rig, then the kingpin is out of the question. Both cards will be very close..
post edited by cobz01 - 2014/01/20 07:14:37
Myst3ri0n
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 313
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/20 10:01:45 (permalink)
cobz01
ocCuS
I haven´t find an answer yet so I will ask it here and I hope Jacob, K|ng|n or anybody can answer it and help me decide:

I´m planning to get a 780 Ti Classified or an 780 Ti K|ng|n (and yes money is a factor for me, knowing the K|ngp|n will cost (hopefully only) around 100€ more after what I was reading in this threat and a Classified i now at 685€ here in Germany).

I know with the standard 780 Ti Classified there is still a little lottery to get a good and a very good oc card (after the bios fix which you can get now) but what are the real world difference between those two cards on air/water/ln2 (especially on water for my next build)? Will it be only a couple of frames or points in scores or will you notice a huge difference here?
(sorry for my english)

On water both cards will be basically the same... The kingpin will be able to clock higher then the classified when using ln2. If you are going to just be gaming and doing some benching, then the classified is the card to get. If you are going to be doing extreme benching / ln2 cooling, then the kingpin is the card to get.  Also if you do not plan on water cooling your rig, then the kingpin is out of the question. Both cards will be very close..

I think the kingpin is going to be dirty, and the best your money can buy end of story

Intel i7 4930K | ASUS Rampage IV Gene | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 4x4@1866 MHz CL9 | Corsair H100i | Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB | Corsair 350D | Corsair AX860i | K|NGP|N GTX 780 Ti Classified | Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/20 10:28:25 (permalink)
How can be same...
I think same I saw on overclocknet they talk about some voltage switches on PCB and together they give 50mV more 25+25...
I complain from Day 1 where is mine 1275-1300V, and maybe is that something similar for all of us and only NVIDIA as before with option to disable card do decide what to do when became warm and to finally OC normal and on Air... I don't know how that work, we will see that...
But if card can 1200MHz stable only in games on stock voltage, 50mv + 50mV can give you chance to play games on 1300MHz example... If that is not win of that card I don't know... That is for me same success as 1800MHz on LN2 on net... Find me one GTX780Ti stable in all games on 1300MHz, can't because 25 and 37mV only can't help you much... But 1212V + 0050V and we talk about something interesting.
About one nice NVIDIA graphic card. 
IF that work on that way... Disable temp target and we have one nice card to work on safe 80C on 1275-1325MHz in games on 80-90% fan without some incredible noise as turbine on excellent speed. Everything is only possibility but with 1200V you will not far from clock stable on stock voltage. Sometimes nothing. 20-30MHz...
Here pictures... This is completely different story if you can increase 50mV more for 24/7
GK110 have everything, cooling, PCB, incredible hardware, huge power target but he is hungry of voltage, he cry for voltage for 24/7 not for benchmarks only...

If two switches on PCB work on that way and can give you 50mV more for 24/7 than R9-290X Lightening no single advantage. 
That's it than normal overclocking.
post edited by Vlada011 - 2014/01/20 10:35:35

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

cobz01
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/20 10:41:33 (permalink)
Myst3ri0n
cobz01
ocCuS

(sorry for my english)

I think the kingpin is going to be dirty, and the best your money can buy end of story

Yes, that is a true statement.. It will be the best you can buy.. But if you already own classifieds and running them under water you are not going to see a significant advantage buying the kingpin... Where the kingpin will excel is with extreme cooling.. If you do not own classys then the kingpin is a no brainer.. But unless you are going to be using extreme cooling you are not going to better your performance over the classys... So you can believe all you want, but its the facts..
cobz01
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/20 10:45:47 (permalink)
Vlada011
How can be same...
I think same I saw on overclocknet they talk about some voltage switches on PCB and together they give 50mV more 25+25...
I complain from Day 1 where is mine 1275-1300V, and maybe is that something similar for all of us and only NVIDIA as before with option to disable card do decide what to do when became warm and to finally OC normal and on Air... I don't know how that work, we will see that...
But if card can 1200MHz stable only in games on stock voltage, 50mv + 50mV can give you chance to play games on 1300MHz example... If that is not win of that card I don't know... That is for me same success as 1800MHz on LN2 on net... Find me one GTX780Ti stable in all games on 1300MHz, can't because 25 and 37mV only can't help you much... But 1212V + 0050V and we talk about something interesting.
IF that work on that way... Disable temp target and we have one nice card to work on safe 80C on 1275-1325MHz in games on 80-90% fan without some incredible noise as turbine on excellent speed. Everything is only possibility but with 1200V you will not far from clock stable on stock voltage. Sometimes nothing. 20-30MHz...
Here pictures... This is completely different story if you can increase 50mV more for 24/7
GK110 have everything, cooling, PCB, incredible hardware, huge power target but he is hungry of voltage, he cry for voltage for 24/7 not for benchmarks only...

If two switches on PCB work on that way and can give you 50mV more for 24/7 than R9-290X Lightening no single advantage. 

My SLI classys run 1280mhz game stable @1.212.. I am in the process of building my new case and will be slapping my EK blocks on my cards which will allow me to boost performance quite a bit.... I was leaning towards buying SLI kingpins but now I am changing my mind I think.. LOL.... Because on water you are not going to see a significant difference between the 2 cards... Alls we can do is wait and see though... But it has been said many times that they will be very similiar under water... But the kingpin will excel with extreme cooling and the fact that it can take more power... But on water, not a significant difference..
Myst3ri0n
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/20 10:58:31 (permalink)
cobz01
Myst3ri0n
cobz01
ocCuS

(sorry for my english)

Yes, that is a true statement.. It will be the best you can buy.. But if you already own classifieds and running them under water you are not going to see a significant advantage buying the kingpin... Where the kingpin will excel is with extreme cooling.. If you do not own classys then the kingpin is a no brainer.. But unless you are going to be using extreme cooling you are not going to better your performance over the classys... So you can believe all you want, but its the facts..

understood but regardless of extreme cooling or not
if I want to spend $1000+ I can get a Titan
I can also buy a Kingpin, with it's custom bios and supposedly binned chips, and essentially limitless possibilities if you want to put it on water later or LN2 (lets say it's $1000)
or I could buy a normal classy for $800

for a mere $200, I have a custom classified with special options, some I may never use, but it sure beats the hell out of buying a titan, and I essentially want the best for my cash

When you start looking at $100-$200 price differences, you're already spending $700 on a high end gpu, whats the extra $100-$200 for that guy
you're going to spend $700+ baseline on a Ti then start getting afraid of wasting your money on a GPU? nope.
sure the classified is nice, but I don't want nice, I want bad ass

Intel i7 4930K | ASUS Rampage IV Gene | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 4x4@1866 MHz CL9 | Corsair H100i | Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB | Corsair 350D | Corsair AX860i | K|NGP|N GTX 780 Ti Classified | Windows 8.1 Pro x64
cobz01
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/20 11:02:32 (permalink)
Myst3ri0n
cobz01
Myst3ri0n
cobz01
ocCuS

(sorry for my english)

understood but regardless of extreme cooling or not
if I want to spend $1000+ I can get a Titan
I can also buy a Kingpin, with it's custom bios and supposedly binned chips, and essentially limitless possibilities if you want to put it on water later or LN2 (lets say it's $1000)
or I could buy a normal classy for $800

for a mere $200, I have a custom classified with special options, some I may never use, but it sure beats the hell out of buying a titan, and I essentially want the best for my cash

When you start looking at $100-$200 price differences, you're already spending $700 on a high end gpu, whats the extra $100-$200 for that guy
you're going to spend $700+ baseline on a Ti then start getting afraid of wasting your money on a GPU? nope.
sure the classified is nice, but I don't want nice, I want bad ass

I understand completely, and there is nothing wrong with wanting bad ass... 
darklyspectre
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 328
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/20 17:45:29 (permalink)
cobz01
Vlada011
How can be same...

My SLI classys run 1280mhz game stable @1.212.. I am in the process of building my new case and will be slapping my EK blocks on my cards which will allow me to boost performance quite a bit.... I was leaning towards buying SLI kingpins but now I am changing my mind I think.. LOL.... Because on water you are not going to see a significant difference between the 2 cards... Alls we can do is wait and see though... But it has been said many times that they will be very similiar under water... But the kingpin will excel with extreme cooling and the fact that it can take more power... But on water, not a significant difference..

Well the thing is with the kingpin you are sure of getting a good chip. It's always possible to get a bad result in the chip lottery and your card cant go far even with water where the chip just stops overclocking cuz its not very good. meanwhile the kingpin has highly binned chips so no worry about it like not being able to handle 1400mhz  even with water.

depending on what happens I will either have dual kingpins on water or dual 880(or 390X depending on what happens) depending on which is more powerful and if the kingpin is still being made then. 

or a 880 kingpin.
WhiteDragon_
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1190
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/20 18:01:20 (permalink)
Jacob... any news on this as far as release time? price?

Dimastech Easy V2.5   |   EVGA Z690 Dark KP   |   12900KS   |   G.Skill Trident Z5 6400   |   EVGA RTX 3080Ti  |   Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series   |   FireCuda 530 M.2   |   Corsair AX1200i   |   Alienware 34"   |   Windows 10 Pro   |   Basilisk Ultimate   |   BlackWidow v3 TenKeyless

| 

Affiliate Code: 6GUDAW6JKZ    
Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=79888
Triss
  • Total Posts : 79
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/20 18:29:53 (permalink)
iirc price $850 USD
i presume time soon :)
z999z3mystorys
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4480
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/20 20:43:50 (permalink)
Hmm, so it'll have binned chips? that may make me change my mind about buying one... wasn't going too before, because I was scared that with all the amazing PCB bonuses they add, it'll likely be held back by a average GPU processor unless I get really lucky. ( my other concern is that it wouldn't clock all that much better than a standard version without extreme cooling, but I'm going to venture a guess that's not right either)

I guess my only concern now is if I'll have to do at least watercooling for their to be a real point to getting this version over a standard, How do they clock on their ACX cooler?
Myst3ri0n
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 00:53:11 (permalink)
whitedragon_
Jacob... any news on this as far as release time? price?

I've got my wallet taped to my laptop lid just in case someone says "K|NGP|Ns are now ON SALE"
Jacob, Vince, EVGA, I'm bumping the crapola out of this post, thanks in advance for any info.

$850 USD? SOLD.
I don't even care that UPS is going to take advantage of my behind with customs and crap lol.

Myst3ri0n
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 01:05:42 (permalink)
On another note, this guy.

keeked666
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 01:49:22 (permalink)
so sexy
darklyspectre
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 328
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 07:01:05 (permalink)
Gaypin
".Every card ive tested did close to 1800mhz without a single mod, most over 1800. We just hit 1950+ in the lab and still no mods! :) "

ohhh! that is cool! without a single mod? what does he mean? 

He means without hardmodding the card. like soldering (Word deleted for foul language) on the PCB and such.
post edited by XrayMan - 2014/01/21 20:05:08
GunslingerOCS
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3009
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 07:13:52 (permalink)
That guy is probably a planted "troll" from another manufacturer. 

ASRock Z690 Aqua OC
4TB Samsung EVO  
32 GB GSkill Royal 7800MHz  

EVGA RTX 3090 KPE
Corsair AX1500i
Heat:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=61643 

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 07:40:34 (permalink)
GunslingerOCS
That guy is probably a planted "troll" from another manufacturer. 

What? Who? 
GunslingerOCS
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 07:51:10 (permalink)
Gaypin

Do you think his name is a coincidence, given he just joined, only has 2 posts, both of which are in this particular thread?

I won't even get started on his avatar
post edited by GunslingerOCS - 2014/01/21 08:39:35

ASRock Z690 Aqua OC
4TB Samsung EVO  

EVGA RTX 3090 KPE
Corsair AX1500i

Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 08:31:27 (permalink)
"Well the thing is with the kingpin you are sure of getting a good chip. It's always possible to get a bad result in the chip lottery and your card cant go far even with water where the chip just stops overclocking cuz its not very good. meanwhile the kingpin has highly binned chips so no worry about it like not being able to handle 1400mhz  even with water".

I'm sure I will get bad chip... But I think at least to have good card and more voltage can help me to play games on higher clock.
Cooler is not problem, on 100% he is not loud more than reference on 70-80%, that mean acceptable noise, everything is on place, improved cooler, power target, phase, Samsung memory is on duty.

MSI prepare too GTX780Ti Lightening with Samsung memory too. 
He try to follow EVGA best they can, I would not be surprised to they show up with some similar switch on board and give option more than 1212V for every day. That would be to much for me only because I tried to save 80-100e less. 

post edited by Vlada011 - 2014/01/21 08:36:10

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 09:11:45 (permalink)
GunslingerOCS
Gaypin

Do you think his name is a coincidence, given he just joined, only has 2 posts, both of which are in this particular thread?

I won't even get started on his avatar

I wanted to see if he would respond anymore,  I am sure he is probably some AMD fanchild trying to troll and piss people off.   No worries,  he can sit back in his silly world and wish his product was better while Kingpin destroys their hopes and dreams. 
Triss
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 11:57:37 (permalink)
 MSI GTX780Ti Lightning was a 12 card run no more to be made atm
ocCuS
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 12:20:12 (permalink)
seems tomorrow the k|ngp|n will hit the market :)

System:  Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 | CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.4 GHz | GPU: 2x Asus GTX 780 DirectCU II in SLI | PSU: CoolerMaster V1000 | SSD: 3x Samsung 840 (120GB, 250GB, 500GB) RAM: G.Skill Sniper DDR3 32GB 1866 MHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60 AIO OS: Windows 8 64bit | Keyboard: Logitech G510 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 | Headset: Razer Kraken pro | Monitor: Asus PB278Q
Scores:  Firestrike: 16051 | Firestrike extreme: 9000 | Heaven on max. settings @ 1440p: 1847
Kythea
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 12:46:44 (permalink)
Yay!, now let it not be over $800.
vsg28
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 611
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 12:52:26 (permalink)
It is going to be ~$849
Kythea
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 12:55:34 (permalink)
Bah, wait for 790 it is then.
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 13:25:16 (permalink)
Kythea
Yay!, now let it not be over $800.

Little chance.
I would love, but ...
That would be nice price for such card and exactly 100e over reference model.
I will not wait any more model... I hope they will not launch Classified 6GB than because looks like GK110 will stay long time on market.

Triss
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 14:19:23 (permalink)
$850 already been said by jacob
Myst3ri0n
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 14:38:21 (permalink)
AHHHHHHHHH!

GunslingerOCS
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 2014/01/21 14:42:31 (permalink)
I wonder what the quantity limit will be...

ASRock Z690 Aqua OC
4TB Samsung EVO  

EVGA RTX 3090 KPE
Corsair AX1500i

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 16
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile