EVGA

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti ICX Water blocks

Author
NoobStavo
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/02/28 15:31:49 (permalink)
Hey guys does anyone know which water blocks I can fit on my 1080 Ti ?, I'd prefer an EK block but I'll use any others if they support my card.

Thanks.
post edited by NoobStavo - 2020/02/28 15:40:25

Attached Image(s)

7 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti ICX Water blocks 2020/02/28 17:11:40 (permalink)
    I approved your post ... you should be able to see it now

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

blaise
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 291
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti ICX Water blocks 2020/03/04 11:41:27 (permalink)
    NoobStavo
    Hey guys does anyone know which water blocks I can fit on my 1080 Ti ?, I'd prefer an EK block but I'll use any others if they support my card.

Thanks.

I'd be extremely surprised if the "EK-FC GeForce GTX FE" family of blocks won't fit. I have a SC2 fitted with one of these block without any modifications or issues which is pretty much the same layout with ICX. Just make sure it's from the "EK-FC Geforce GTX FE" family.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti ICX Water blocks 2020/03/04 12:07:12 (permalink)
    blaise
    NoobStavo

Thanks.

I'd be extremely surprised if the "EK-FC GeForce GTX FE" family of blocks won't fit. I have a SC2 fitted with one of these block without any modifications or issues which is pretty much the same layout with ICX. Just make sure it's from the "EK-FC Geforce GTX FE" family.

EK is good at mentioning which cards were physically checked & which ones where a visual review

mine are the Larger PCB - 1080 Ti FTW3 - or I'd share the blocks part number

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti ICX Water blocks 2020/03/04 12:14:25 (permalink)
    Did some digging on the EK site:

searched - EVGA 11G-P4-6591

Your EK list of Water Blocks

Sorry, we have no plans to make a full cover water block for this position. Thank you.

---> they do list (other = CPU) blocks that could be used to just cool the GPU ... not full cover blocks

Might be Time for you to search the other brands

UPDATE:

More Digging ---> This EVGA card EVGA 11G-P4-6593  does have a water block ---> I am not sure if your PCB is the same ??

Specs PDF - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING, 11G-P4-6593-KR

EK-FC GeForce GTX FE RGB - Nickel

Product EAN: 3830046995780

Is my PC compatible?

last EVGA  GPU listed = EVGA EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming 11GB GDDR5X (11G-P4-6593)

So Maybe it will fit ... contact EK

jonkrmr
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 952
    • Ribbons : 16
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti ICX Water blocks 2020/03/05 09:46:12 (permalink)
    The PCB of your ICX model is a reference layout except for an extra fan header on the PCB that is not there on the FE reference PCB design.

The fan header interferes with the water block mating correctly.

Users have gotten around this by either dremeling a notch in the acrylic\POM top of the water block to clear the header, or they just remove the plastic shroud of the header and bend the pins over to get the clearance needed to clear the water block. The later would void the warranty of the card and the former would void the warranty on the water block.

I attached pics of an FE PCB layout and your model PCB layout. The only difference is the extra fan header on your model's PCB
    post edited by jonkrmr - 2020/03/05 13:54:43

Attached Image(s)

Intel i9-10850K @ 5 GHz
    MSI MEG Z490 Unify
    Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 32GB 3600MHz DDR4
    ASUS Strix RTX 3080 OC 12GB Gaming @ 2175 MHz core - peak \ 20004 MHz mem
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD RAID 0
    SoundBlasterX AE-5 
    EVGA SuperNova 1000 P2
    Corsair Obsidian 500D SE
    Custom water cooling on CPU & GPU
    Acer XV272U 27" 2k 170Hz
    blaise
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 291
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti ICX Water blocks 2020/03/05 13:19:57 (permalink)
    jonkrmr
    If I remember correctly, the PCB of your ICX model is a reference layout except for an extra fan header or a fan header on the PCB that is in a different spot than the FE reference PCB design.

Users have gotten around this by either dremeling a notch in the acrylic\POM top of the water block to clear the header, or they just remove the plastic shroud of the header and bend the pins over to get the clearance needed to clear the water block. The later would void the warranty of the card and the former would void the warranty on the water block.

I attached a pic of the FE reference card and circled the header in question which is not present on the FE PCB but the holes for it are there.

Has anyone read my post? The block I quoted fits the SC2 with ICX which has the fan header and the EK-FC Geforce GTX FE" family of blocks accommodate this with a cut-out in the correct position in the acrylic. The reason the SC2 is on the list in the first place is because I sent EK information showing how it did fit unmodified (no dremeling or removal the fan header shroud & bending pins over required). So unless the OP card's fan header is in a different location to where it is on the SC2 (and I doubt it as it probably uses the same PCB), this family of blocks will be suitable.

See below for the fan header position on the SC2:

Attached Image(s)

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti ICX Water blocks 2020/03/07 09:59:41 (permalink)
    blaise
    jonkrmr
    If I remember correctly, the PCB of your ICX model is a reference layout except for an extra fan header or a fan header on the PCB that is in a different spot than the FE reference PCB design.

I attached a pic of the FE reference card and circled the header in question which is not present on the FE PCB but the holes for it are there.

Has anyone read my post? The block I quoted fits the SC2 with ICX which has the fan header and the EK-FC Geforce GTX FE" family of blocks accommodate this with a cut-out in the correct position in the acrylic. The reason the SC2 is on the list in the first place is because I sent EK information showing how it did fit unmodified (no dremeling or removal the fan header shroud & bending pins over required). So unless the OP card's fan header is in a different location to where it is on the SC2 (and I doubt it as it probably uses the same PCB), this family of blocks will be suitable.

See below for the fan header position on the SC2:

Yes, however the details you list in this Post actually give much more information than your first Post abbreviated below:

blaise
    I'd be extremely surprised if the "EK-FC GeForce GTX FE" family of blocks won't fit. I have a SC2 fitted with one of these block without any modifications or issues

I've not bothered to search for an image of you PCB & the OP's to confirm if they are indeed the same.

That is why I directed OP to contact EK or check other brands ... Time for the OP to do their homework

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile