EVGA

EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now!

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 20 of 27
Author
Antoine_R
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 03:52:42 (permalink)
zophar
I was going to cancel my pre order but didn't. But now I'm kind of irritated because we were told that orders would ship in the order they were received. I placed my order in the first 5 minutes of the pre-order and I'm seeing people say that they have tracking information that purchased theirs 2 or more days after mine. I love EVGA, but they screwed the pooch on this one.

I'd have to agree. It is kind of frustrating to be waiting for a month and a half (2 months for some) and see that people who've only been waiting 3 and a half weeks get theirs shipped first.
Slimshiesty
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2933
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 04:30:48 (permalink)
Antoine_R
zophar
I was going to cancel my pre order but didn't. But now I'm kind of irritated because we were told that orders would ship in the order they were received. I placed my order in the first 5 minutes of the pre-order and I'm seeing people say that they have tracking information that purchased theirs 2 or more days after mine. I love EVGA, but they screwed the pooch on this one.

I'd have to agree. It is kind of frustrating to be waiting for a month and a half (2 months for some) and see that people who've only been waiting 3 and a half weeks get theirs shipped first.

Why Yes EVGA... Care to explain this ?  Jacob ?
I could see a lawsuit involved when you tell your customers one thing, then do something else.
I mean you say its 4 gigs of memory... then find out its only really 3.5 gigs.  At least i think thats how Nvidia would recall it starting.

CPU  Intel i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz 
MB   MSI Z170A Gaming 7
GPU  EVGA GTX 1070ti FTW2
MEM Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000 2X8GB
PSU  EVGA Supernova 850 G2
CASE Thermaltake View 31 TG

GhostlyEyes
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 05:03:55 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
Update on shipping costs:

EVGA is working on multiple distribution centers to ship the DG-8 series Gaming Case with economical freight cost around the world. Please stay tuned while we’re working on this, and thank you for your interest in the EVGA DG-8 series Gaming Cases!

Tentative hub locations as follows (may change without further notice)
  • N. America – Los Angeles, Miami, Toronto and Vancouver
  • S. America – TBD
  • UK - Manchester
  • Mid-East – Dubai
APAC
  • Australia – Melbourne
  • New Zeeland – Auckland
  • Taiwan – Taipei
  • Hong Kong
Mainland EU
  • Netherland – Amsterdam
  • Germany – Munich
  • France - Paris
  • Turkey – Istanbul
More to come!

Might be some shipping centres still don't have a stock of the cases by now.
So ppl. who ordered later might be served earlier based on their location.
Chris21010
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1587
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 06:24:22 (permalink)
well i am east coast and no shipment confirmation.

chaosminionx
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 06:26:24 (permalink)
slimshiesty
I could see a lawsuit involved when you tell your customers one thing, then do something else.
I mean you say its 4 gigs of memory... then find out its only really 3.5 gigs.  At least i think thats how Nvidia would recall it starting.

You are the worst kind of customer.

First off, you have no legal basis. You were not charged until the unit shipped, don't go spouting off lawsuit nonsense, you just look ignorant in doing so.

I am sure the case will be getting out to those that preordered this week, the first round of shipments were probably from different distributor centers.
post edited by chaosminionx - 2016/08/10 06:27:44
Slimshiesty
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2933
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 06:55:56 (permalink)
chaosminionx
slimshiesty

First off, you have no legal basis. You were not charged until the unit shipped, don't go spouting off lawsuit nonsense, you just look ignorant in doing so.

I am sure the case will be getting out to those that preordered this week, the first round of shipments were probably from different distributor centers.

First off, im not saying im starting a lawsuit.. just stated thats how they start.
Second, when a company Rep says they will be shipped in the order that orders are received, and they ship randomly, then yes it is misleading your customers (hence nvidia).
Third, where does having your credit card charged have anything to do with being misled, unless it has something to do with the statement below this ?
I guess telling your customers "we will send you an email notification before we ship" then only finding out that UPS has shipped your package and that the only notification was from UPS, should be ok with everyone ?

My apologies if i offended you, not my intention, just trying to get some answers from EVGA as to why things are not being done the way they said they would be. 

CPU  Intel i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz 
MB   MSI Z170A Gaming 7
GPU  EVGA GTX 1070ti FTW2
MEM Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000 2X8GB
PSU  EVGA Supernova 850 G2
CASE Thermaltake View 31 TG

Artah
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 149
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 08:43:01 (permalink)
zophar

I'm feeling the same way but maybe they are doing it in alphabetical order by first name?  I ordered mine minutes after they opened.  I wish I ordered two DG-87 though in the first place instead of ordering the DG-86 a few days after.  I ended up cancelling the DG-86 since I didn't get responses on any of my questions about it.  Good for you guys that are getting it earlier than me.  I'm not really irritated since I'm sure EVGA is extremely busy getting this out there and I'm sure they prefer to get everyone's orders shipped.  Excited that it's this close though!  I hope it's another quality product from EVGA.  If anyone is local to 90805 and pre-ordered a DG-87 and decided that they don't like the case I'll take it off your hands and pay you for the pre-order price + shipping.

Edit:  I remember why I didn't order two in the first place, it's cause initially it was limit 1 per household and later changed.
post edited by Artah - 2016/08/10 08:44:09
sourmonkey
  • Total Posts : 65
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 08:47:08 (permalink)
zophar

Make sure to check order status in your member area of the Evga website that's where I found my shipping info I haven't gotten a official email yet

But the tracking shows the case should arrive at my house on Monday

I was refreshing the page during the countdown for the preorder to unlock and was one of the first to order a DG-86 in America
post edited by sourmonkey - 2016/08/10 09:30:05

CPU  Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz 
MB   Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3
GPU 2X EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ 4G SLI
MEM Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4
PSU  EVGA Supernova 750 G2
CASE EVGA DG-86 W/ White LED's
Chris21010
FTW Member
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 11:18:14 (permalink)
huzzah! order has been processed and awaiting UPS pickup.

Kcmcc
  • Total Posts : 79
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 16:13:20 (permalink)
Chris21010
huzzah! order has been processed and awaiting UPS pickup.

DITTO!!
Kcmcc
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 17:11:10 (permalink)
I wonder why there's no mention of the USB 3.1 connection in the manual.. is it just part of the USB 3.0 header? If so that would kinda suck. Kinda want to know so I can get a usb 3.1 card, if needed.
Kcmcc
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 17:29:50 (permalink)
NICE!! Mine's getting delivered tomorrow! BAM!

ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2308
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 17:51:45 (permalink)
Because the manual is wrong and incorrect in places.

Artah
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 149
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 20:20:54 (permalink)
I saw my pre-order disappear from the list and I couldn't find it on the list of completed orders because I got cross eyed.  Finally found it and it's shipped!  Can't wait.
AngryAce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 867
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/10 23:17:51 (permalink)
chaosminionx
slimshiesty

HAHA, I couldn't agree with you more.... I came to the forums on a daily basis to read the whining about 1080 FTW stock and preorders and now, I get a repeat for this case. I was told if I preordered, the case would ship in August and when it did, my card I provided to preorder would be charged and I would receive an email notification when it shipped. 10-days into August, that is exactly what happened.

There are 4 versions of this case offered so each has a preorder line and just in that regard, I might receive my DG-86 I ordered before your DG-87 depending on how many preorders of each they got and how many are coming in each day. So my advice is just to relax and wait for them to ship your case. If Sept 1st rolls around and you haven't received a shipping notification, complain then.

The only concern now is hoping UPS doesn't damage the case as they are not too careful with the heavier packages...
post edited by woojyee - 2016/08/10 23:30:54

sourmonkey
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 05:14:11 (permalink)
woojyee
The only concern now is hoping UPS doesn't damage the case as they are not too careful with the heavier packages...

We share a common concern lmao! However all these complaints are brought on by lack of information on EVGA's part but it's not there fault !

Like I said before I have yet to receive a email from Evga but I seen my credit card was charged the amount I knew was my case so I checked my member area for my pending orders and seen I have a completed when I clicked that I got my shipping info .

Now with that said lets talk about the real elephant in the room !

The preview models shipped to reviewers , what did we see like 2-3 overviews and maybe 1 in depth written review ? How many reviewers out there stuck it to Evga for them to ship a 200 dollar case to , only to get such small and uninformative overviews / reviews ?

To you Jacob : most of the Evga fans would have done a better job reviewing this case if given the chance yet your company rely on high traffic you tubers , twitch trolls and tech sites ... Next time try the community

I been here waiting for this case since the countdown started , and to see such weak reviews on this product is nerve racking !

sourmonkey
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 05:20:32 (permalink)
sourmonkey
woojyee

We share a common concern lmao! However all these complaints are brought on by lack of information on EVGA's part but it's not there fault !

Like I said before I have yet to receive a email from Evga but I seen my credit card was charged the amount I knew was my case so I checked my member area for my pending orders and seen I have a completed when I clicked that I got my shipping info .

Now with that said lets talk about the real elephant in the room !

The preview models shipped to reviewers , what did we see like 2-3 overviews and maybe 1 in depth written review ? How many reviewers out there stuck it to Evga for them to ship a 200 dollar case to , only to get such small and uninformative overviews / reviews ?

To you Jacob : most of the Evga fans would have done a better job reviewing this case if given the chance yet your company relies on high traffic you tubers , twitch trolls and tech sites ... Next time try the community....

I doubt jayz2cents will even review this case by the time a majority have it. And Paul's hardware has not even mentioned this case ! Sad !!!

I been here waiting for this case since the countdown started , and to see such weak reviews on this product is nerve racking !

Chris21010
FTW Member
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 05:59:10 (permalink)
sourmonkey
I doubt jayz2cents will even review this case by the time a majority have it.

he said he is doing a liquid cooled build in it so its going to be a while or a vlog type of deal.

ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2308
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 07:41:51 (permalink)
None of the reviews in English were very helpfull, and the non-English ones had more info but were confusing when translated. I really hate this trend toward youtube only reviews. They are generally not very good and rarely get anywhere close to in depth website reviews.

Sokonomi
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 111
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 08:02:29 (permalink)
I ordered in the first 10 minutes of it becoming available, so my ticket should be right up there. Still nothing..
Did my order get cheesed by Americans or something? Haven't seen any Euro confirmed shipping yet.

My order did get updated though, its got appropriate shipping costs now (12 bucks, not too bad).
Didnt get charged yet or got sent any confirmation emails though, had to come here and find out myself.

I gotta say, pre-sale customer support is a bit miffy with EVGA.
They are treating us like mushrooms (kept in the dark).
Boleyn1895
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 09:54:26 (permalink)
UK here and no email or ship date yet but my account has been updated with shipping costs and they are an incredibly reasonable €13.99.

That's about £167 in total.

Very happy with that.
post edited by Boleyn1895 - 2016/08/11 09:56:10
sourmonkey
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 10:13:45 (permalink)
Sokonomi
I ordered in the first 10 minutes of it becoming available, so my ticket should be right up there. Still nothing..
Did my order get cheesed by Americans or something? Haven't seen any Euro confirmed shipping yet.

My order did get updated though, its got appropriate shipping costs now (12 bucks, not too bad).
Didnt get charged yet or got sent any confirmation emails though, had to come here and find out myself.

I gotta say, pre-sale customer support is a bit miffy with EVGA.
They are treating us like mushrooms (kept in the dark).

Will take some time transporting this to the UK , more so than America
post edited by sourmonkey - 2016/08/11 10:25:19

sourmonkey
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 10:13:45 (permalink)
Sorry for the double posting I dunno what's going on

But from Anaheim California to London is 5439 miles that's a long ways off !
post edited by sourmonkey - 2016/08/11 10:27:31

Sokonomi
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 13:57:29 (permalink)
sourmonkeyBut from Anaheim California to London is 5439 miles that's a long ways off !
Who said these things were made in america though?
sourmonkey
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 14:48:36 (permalink)
Sokonomi
sourmonkeyBut from Anaheim California to London is 5439 miles that's a long ways off !
Who said these things were made in america though?

anything else you want to know?
post edited by sourmonkey - 2016/08/11 15:02:31

Sokonomi
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 15:21:20 (permalink)
Right.. well that just means everyone except Americans is gonna get one for Christmas I guess. :')
hau.tang88
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 16:58:10 (permalink)
I wonder how can they charge me $30 to ship it from Anaheim to San jose which is only 300 miles away but it only cost 13 pound for some people to get it ship to Europe. 
Kcmcc
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 20:57:25 (permalink)
This is a yuge box! Don't even know if I want to set it all up tonight...def tomorrow night. 
Kcmcc
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 21:38:38 (permalink)
First impressions:

Fairly hard to pick up obviously due to the weight but mostly due to lack of any good handling. I would gather that to be an aesthetic choice. Probably wouldn't move it with everything installed.

It's slightly longer and deeper than my blackhawk ultra case that I use now, and hate. Worst case I've ever owned. And my impressions may be more positive due to the fact that anything is better than that case.

Fit and finish is nice!, front door rattles when moving the case, could use some foam or felt tape in the gaps.

Top power button is pretty squishy  with too much resistance, bottom buttons are nice. Since mine will be a desk build, I don't see me ever using top buttons anyway.

In answering my own question earlier about the usb type c port, it looks like it leeches off of the usb 3.0 header. I could be wrong since I am not familiar in how you interface with type c in a case from MoBo

Doesn't come with a hard copy of the manual. No biggie

Wish I could take off work tomorrow, cuz I'd be ripping this pc apart and installing! 

This was a good purchase, I see this case going with me for quite a few builds, or until something better comes along. Nice work EVGA! Looks better in person!

My sr-x build lives on to a better home!

EDIT: Wish it had wheels, or as an option
post edited by Kcmcc - 2016/08/11 22:32:30
AngryAce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 867
Re: EVGA DG-8 Preorder Available Now! 2016/08/11 22:35:37 (permalink)
hau.tang88
I wonder how can they charge me $30 to ship it from Anaheim to San jose which is only 300 miles away but it only cost 13 pound for some people to get it ship to Europe. 

Different rates for various countries. I have a promotional products company and we sell dog togs, silicone wristbands and lanyards... ect. My production manager in China packages 4000 silicone wristbands per box, roughly 45 pounds. It is cheaper for him to send them to me UPS 2nd day international expedited from China than it is for me to send that same box UPS ground to addresses in the USA. Although, I recently noticed his labels say 10kg.... about half the weight these boxes actually are...

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 20 of 27
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile