EVGA

EVGA 750 G3 Power Supply not providing enough power for SATA drives

Author
Happy Daze
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/17 14:49:36 (permalink)
My client bought components for a gaming computer for Christmas. They didn't assemble it until October, and found that their SATA SSD drive was not being seen in BIOS, so they could not install the OS.

I tried multiple different SATA connections on the PS, different SATA power cables and different SATA drives (SSD and rotational). Nothing allowed the drive to be seen in BIOS.  I connected the SATA drive to a different power supply and the SATA data cable to the gaming PC, and the drive is now visible in BIOS. This tells me the SATA power is insufficient to power up the SSD drive.  On a side note, the Perif1 connector is connected to 4 fans. Only 2 of the 4 fans spin up. The other two require me to start the fan spinning to get them working. This also tells me there isn't enough power coming from the drive. Same result plugging the fans into the SATA power ports.

What's the warranty on these power supplies. If it is under warranty will I have to send it in to be repaired or does EVGA cross-ship a replacement?
Thanks
John

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA 750 G3 Power Supply not providing enough power for SATA drives 2019/10/17 15:16:34 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Dang, thats not good. 

Glad those other SATA cables were compatible with that PSU & did Not Fry the drive

The EVGA PSU have various Warranty lengths  .... 750 G3 = 10 yr warranty for original purchaser

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3

You ship product to EVGA at your expense - they ship replacement

Select your part of the World, then the Product to read the Warranty

EVGA Warranty

How To RMA

Contact Customer Service

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA 750 G3 Power Supply not providing enough power for SATA drives 2019/10/17 15:43:41 (permalink)
    That doesn't sound right. I have a system using a G3 750W and it's powering two SATA drives and the RGB hub/fan controller on the system. I really like the G3 line so I got a 850W and put the 750W in my girlfriends system.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile