EVGA

EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card

Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 36 of 46
Author
ss1252
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/01 19:14:56 (permalink)
I've been sitting on the fence on New World...but after reading all the commotion about it, I'm scared to try. Running a 3090 kingpin hybrid, would it be "safe" on that or is it pretty much the same as the other 3090s?
ZoranC
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1099
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/01 22:20:15 (permalink)
VizualAbstract
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 00:45:13 (permalink)
It JUST bricked my video card right now!

This graphics card is such a pile of garbage! How long is it taking people to get replacements? I use my computer for work.

The game was running fine for 3 days, long hours. But the moment I try turning down my graphics settings from Very High to Medium, it crashed. The second time I did it, just setting the Terrain to Low (everything else at Very High), and it crashed again. Only this time it wont come back on!
MrBaracu
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 02:07:24 (permalink)
I just register here to ask this...
Is my EVGA GeForce 3070 XC3 ULTRA GAMING a problem too?
Many say its just the 3090 but i read its the 3080 too so i think my 3070 can have this problem.
Someone know something about it?
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 02:49:38 (permalink)
ZoranC
Here we go again ... 

watch the entire video ... and everything it says is worrying and if it seems to me that both the manufacturers and amazon should stand up and not throw the ball into each other's court.
I own a 3090 EVGA FTW3 from the year 2020 and the fear that I have in my body with all this does not go away ...
even more so when in the new world beta my card started making a lot of noise with its fans and the screen went black ...
then the drivers disappeared when i rebooted ...
but it seems that I was lucky since most do not turn the pc back on!
badboy64
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 921
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 03:42:27 (permalink)
VizualAbstract
It JUST bricked my video card right now!

This graphics card is such a pile of garbage! How long is it taking people to get replacements? I use my computer for work.

The game was running fine for 3 days, long hours. But the moment I try turning down my graphics settings from Very High to Medium, it crashed. The second time I did it, just setting the Terrain to Low (everything else at Very High), and it crashed again. Only this time it wont come back on!

Isn't crashing the game once enough to tell you that to stop playing the game altogether period. I don't mean to be rude but people are ignoring warnings period. I guess not. How many RMA's is gonna take you to realize this? They should just take the game down to figure this situation out.

14th Intel® Core™ i9 14900KF CPU 3.2GHz@6.0ghz, Memory 2x24GB GSkill Trident Z Trident Z5 7200 mhz DDR5 Ram,4,000 GB MSI M480 PRO 4TB , Motherboard eVga 690 Dark , Operating System Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit, Msi Suprim X24G 4090, Monitor Acer CG437K, Logitech G910, Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition, Thermaltake View 91 RGB plus, eVga 1600w P2 PSU, Custom watercooling.
Speed Way  Score 11,055 points.
https://www.3dmark.com/sw/1112818
Derren001
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 04:09:40 (permalink)
People worried about bricking their 3090's on New World meanwhile I sit here playing it on a 6 year old 980 Ti, makes me chuckle just a little bit.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k
Mobo:ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage: 500GB Western Digital Blue, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo, 1TB Samsung 840 Evo, 4TB Seagate Ironwolf Pro
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Z Series
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 P2

Tigerheli79
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 06:53:33 (permalink)
evga1081
Sajin
B0baganoosh
jaredbyoung
austinhouk802
Sajin
Tigerheli79
I tried to play New World on my 3090 ftw3 today, black displays and gpu fans went nuts. Crashed after only minutes in game. I held the power button on the tower to shut it down right away. Rebooted and refunded New World. Someone better fix this. cards are getting fried.

New world isn’t the issue. Bad card pcb build quality is the problem. Kingpin and founders edition cards work fine with this game.

I would partially disagree. New World aided in pointing out manufacturer issues with the earlier batches of specific models, but NO GAME should be coded in such a way to indirectly target certain weak spots of cards. There IS something going on with New World whether you, or anyone else, wants to admit it or not, AS WELL as with EVGA and other manufacturers processes too.

I shouldnt be able to run Furmark or Unigine at 8K for an hour with 99% utilization and no FPS cap and have NO ISSUES, but New World causes game breaking, and sometimes card destroying, issues at 2K and anything higher than 60fps.

A game shouldn't be able to do this to a card because the card should have protections against this type of thing, either at the hardware level or at the firmware/VBIOS level. Yeah, there's something weird about what New World is doing that causes this vulnerability to be exposed, but ultimately this is a card vulnerability that should be corrected by the card manufacturer. If the vulnerability exists it could be exploited on purpose at some point in the future. 

This is true. I am not disagreeing with that whatsoever. That said, why is New World putting this kind of load on the cards? Isn't it totally unnecessary? Also, to Sajin's point, furmark was driver and BIOS limited ages ago by Nvidia, but why haven't they stepped in to limit this new power virus that is damaging their cards?

Only poorly built cards are being damaged. That is why.

There is another alternative: the 3090, at least closer to launch, was an impractically stressed product for the purposes of achieving a ‘higher end sku’ that resulted in hardware failure at peak performance. Software limiters should prevent most issues, but there would have been a leadership decision on the risk of failure that greed won out on. Some partners may have added mitigating elements, but in some areas it may not have been enough.

Update... I asked EVGA about the card, and got a copy pasta response to RMA the card. They wanted 4k in collateral to cross ship. I then called and talked to a tech at EVGA. He informed me that my 3090 serial number starting with 2... is the same batch as the cards with the bad welds. He set me up with an Advanced RMA to cross ship without any collateral. So if you are having this issue with New World, make sure to CALL and talk to someone. I'm kinda mad that they could identify the card as belonging to a faulty batch, yet never reached out to me about it. Its a little scummy. I had to wait for it to malfunction and talk to a human to get it taken care of.
My original purchase date of the card was 11/5/20, If your card was purchased around that time I would inquire about the serial number!
post edited by Tigerheli79 - 2021/10/02 06:58:58
d.burnette
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5496
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 07:13:21 (permalink)
Tigerheli79
evga1081
Sajin
B0baganoosh
jaredbyoung
austinhouk802
Sajin
Tigerheli79
I tried to play New World on my 3090 ftw3 today, black displays and gpu fans went nuts. Crashed after only minutes in game. I held the power button on the tower to shut it down right away. Rebooted and refunded New World. Someone better fix this. cards are getting fried.

New world isn’t the issue. Bad card pcb build quality is the problem. Kingpin and founders edition cards work fine with this game.

I would partially disagree. New World aided in pointing out manufacturer issues with the earlier batches of specific models, but NO GAME should be coded in such a way to indirectly target certain weak spots of cards. There IS something going on with New World whether you, or anyone else, wants to admit it or not, AS WELL as with EVGA and other manufacturers processes too.

I shouldnt be able to run Furmark or Unigine at 8K for an hour with 99% utilization and no FPS cap and have NO ISSUES, but New World causes game breaking, and sometimes card destroying, issues at 2K and anything higher than 60fps.

A game shouldn't be able to do this to a card because the card should have protections against this type of thing, either at the hardware level or at the firmware/VBIOS level. Yeah, there's something weird about what New World is doing that causes this vulnerability to be exposed, but ultimately this is a card vulnerability that should be corrected by the card manufacturer. If the vulnerability exists it could be exploited on purpose at some point in the future. 

This is true. I am not disagreeing with that whatsoever. That said, why is New World putting this kind of load on the cards? Isn't it totally unnecessary? Also, to Sajin's point, furmark was driver and BIOS limited ages ago by Nvidia, but why haven't they stepped in to limit this new power virus that is damaging their cards?

Only poorly built cards are being damaged. That is why.

There is another alternative: the 3090, at least closer to launch, was an impractically stressed product for the purposes of achieving a ‘higher end sku’ that resulted in hardware failure at peak performance. Software limiters should prevent most issues, but there would have been a leadership decision on the risk of failure that greed won out on. Some partners may have added mitigating elements, but in some areas it may not have been enough.

Update... I asked EVGA about the card, and got a copy pasta response to RMA the card. They wanted 4k in collateral to cross ship. I then called and talked to a tech at EVGA. He informed me that my 3090 serial number starting with 2... is the same batch as the cards with the bad welds. He set me up with an Advanced RMA to cross ship without any collateral. So if you are having this issue with New World, make sure to CALL and talk to someone. I'm kinda mad that they could identify the card as belonging to a faulty batch, yet never reached out to me about it. Its a little scummy. I had to wait for it to malfunction and talk to a human to get it taken care of.
My original purchase date of the card was 11/5/20, If your card was purchased around that time I would inquire about the serial number!

My purchase date was 11/5 as well and mine failed a couple of days ago. My serial number starts with 2 also. Great experience with EVGA support though, glad I had purchased the Advance RMA. .  Mine failed whilst gaming in a different game. Should have the replacement here very soon.
post edited by d.burnette - 2021/10/02 07:16:28

Don 

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w Power Supply | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD | EVGA DG 87 Case |

DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 07:16:04 (permalink)
I would like to know if giving the device ID and the Part Number ... to the person indicated in this forum .....
Could someone tell me if my Nvidia Evga 3090 FTW3 GPU model is from the batch of defective models that were sold in 2020 thanks.
So that I can start processing the paperwork and take the card to my store where I buy the GPU so that they can send me one in good condition ... without RED lips.
Since according to what I could see ... the new cards with black lips are the ones from 2021 and the ones that present more security and fewer problems today ...
I have to process everything from Spain with my store in Barcelona ....

I have the device ID .... and the part number .... someone with power within EVGA who can give me an answer?
I tried to send a private message to Mr. Jacob of this forum .... to provide him with this information ..... but he won't let me.

Thank you
post edited by DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO - 2021/10/02 07:24:03
ZoranC
FTW Member
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 10:26:03 (permalink)
VizualAbstract
It JUST bricked my video card right now! … I use my computer for work.

I’ve been in such situation before (not by gaming, I will spare you the long story as it is not relevant) so trust me when I say I feel your pain, that I'm sorry you are having it, and that experience has taught me not to play/experiment with anything on setups that are critical to me, especially not when that thing is already suspected to be causing problems. And if I did it once and survived experience would be enough for me to back off and not try again.

I hope you will realize what I said is meant to be friendly input and not rubbing a salt in your wound when you are having hard time.

VizualAbstract
The game was running fine for 3 days, long hours. But the moment I try turning down my graphics settings from Very High to Medium, it crashed. The second time I did it, just setting the Terrain to Low (everything else at Very High), and it crashed again.

While I am far from expert on video cards and games I suspect your lowering of quality settings allowed for surging of frame rates which in turn allowed for surging of power which triggered hardware failure. I know that doesn't help you now but it might help you to know what to avoid doing going forward.
ZoranC
FTW Member
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 10:56:06 (permalink)
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO
ZoranC
Here we go again ...

watch the entire video ... and everything it says is worrying and if it seems to me that both the manufacturers and amazon should stand up and not throw the ball into each other's court.

I -did- watch the entire video and while I do not agree with number of things in Jay’s way too long rambling one thing I fully agree with:

When customers start experiencing issues it is (at least moral) obligation of -each and every single one- of the vendors involved in the issue (video card manufacturer, video card chip and driver manufacturer, game developer, game engine developer, graphics engine developer …) to get together and work together on resolving the issue for the sake of their customers.

At least that is what I do when I am the manager and my “customers” (people in business) are experiencing issues. I would pull all vendors together and stay on top of them working together until culprit was identified and resolved.

To me that is a Customer Service 101, I feel fully obligated toward “customers” that are suffering to resolve their pain as I believe I, in a way, work for them because it is their business that in the end pays for my income and least I can do is show gratitude for it by providing them with value back.

That aside, way things are going my next video card might not be Nvidia but AMD. They might be bit slower but I’m not aware of them having any major issues and I strongly prefer stability and uptime over “bleeding edge”. My time is priceless and I prefer not to waste it. If one card is (figuratively) 10% slower than the other but other one is more likely to go down and result in wasted time and money which one of them is actually faster/better/cheaper in the end? In my logic it is the first one.
ZoranC
FTW Member
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 10:59:32 (permalink)
Derren001
People worried about bricking their 3090's on New World meanwhile I sit here playing it on a 6 year old 980 Ti, makes me chuckle just a little bit.

While I do understand the irony you see in it I still feel you shouldn't be chuckling at other people's misery nor letting them know about it. If for no other reason than it is a bad karma to start with.
bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 994
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 11:18:17 (permalink)
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO

Good question. I would like to know which cards are defective, the number ... and if from the Nvidia Control panel ... Info system ... you can see the model number ... I understand that if someone does it to me confirm?

The model number won't help.  You need the serial number.
Udet1917
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 11:58:39 (permalink)
Hi everyone,

despite all the issues with the cards - is it true that "just" <5% of the 2020 3090s (clown lips) are affected by poor soldering?

ZoranC
FTW Member
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 12:00:46 (permalink)
Udet1917
despite all the issues with the cards - is it true that "just" <5% of the 2020 3090s (clown lips) are affected by poor soldering?

Only EVGA and company that made it for EVGA can know accurate answer to that question.
SwordaDEV
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 12:07:49 (permalink)
ZoranC
That aside, way things are going my next video card might not be Nvidia but AMD. They might be bit slower but I’m not aware of them having any major issues and I strongly prefer stability and uptime over “bleeding edge”. 

I think I read somewhere that there is some issues with 6900XTs, so might just be a generic issue with powerfull gpus as a whole.. Which sucks.
ZoranC
FTW Member
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 12:11:15 (permalink)
SwordaDEV
ZoranC
That aside, way things are going my next video card might not be Nvidia but AMD. They might be bit slower but I’m not aware of them having any major issues and I strongly prefer stability and uptime over “bleeding edge”. 

I think I read somewhere that there is some issues with 6900XTs, so might just be a generic issue with powerfull gpus as a whole.. Which sucks.

I can’t remember seeing any mention of AMDs, whether 6900XTs or lower, so if you come across it I would appreciate if you could share links to it, please.
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 12:21:04 (permalink)
bavor
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO

Good question. I would like to know which cards are defective, the number ... and if from the Nvidia Control panel ... Info system ... you can see the model number ... I understand that if someone does it to me confirm?

Ok thanks for clarifying .... I imagine I have to take out the gpu card ... to see the serial number, right? pfff
ZoranC
FTW Member
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 12:26:31 (permalink)
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO
I imagine I have to take out the gpu card to see the serial number, right?

If your card is like my 2080 Super and mounted in "normal" way you don't need to take it out to see serial number, it is on the backplate and can be read with slight effort.
Udet1917
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 12:26:41 (permalink)
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO
bavor
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO

Ok thanks for clarifying .... I imagine I have to take out the gpu card ... to see the serial number, right? pfff

Should be printed (sticker) on the box as well (if you still have it)
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 13:00:22 (permalink)
ZoranC
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO
I imagine I have to take out the gpu card to see the serial number, right?

If your card is like my 2080 Super and mounted in "normal" way you don't need to take it out to see serial number, it is on the backplate and can be read with slight effort.

Udet1917
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO
bavor
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO

Should be printed (sticker) on the box as well (if you still have it)

Thanks for the help, hopefully talk ... about the gpus serials ... suspected of being defective ... which are ... but I doubt it
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5004
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 13:09:48 (permalink)
VizualAbstract

It may seem counterintuitive, but turning down settings in some cases may increase frame rate while also increasing load.  The MSAA setting on Furmark is a clear example of this.

The surefire way to decrease stress on a card is to cut the power limit.  Probably to 70%.
Bardiel8
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 14:17:31 (permalink)
Registered to toss my hat in to the dead 3090 FTW3 cards.  Purchased in November of 2020, been running without issues for 11 months and 30 minutes in to New World for the first time today and I went to black screen and the red light of death on the card.  Reseated, tried in a different machine, no dice.  Looks like I have a 1st gen 3090 (rev 0.1) so likely the bad manufacturing issue (which is insane to me).  
As much as I throw shade on EVGA for this, considering how impossible it is to GET these cards and how expensive they are, I dont get how the New World fanboys can't accept some responsibility.  I've had this card underclocked (in fear of issues at launch) by ~50hz and had 0 problems playing everything else under the sun.  My guess is the proprietary engine Amazon built for New World (Amazon Lumberyard) isn't tested heavily enough and is also at fault here.  Easiest and quickest Steam refund I've ever done.
Looking to setup an RMA but naturally support is only open M-F and the cross-shipping RMA requires a ticket number which you seemingly can't get unless you talk to someone.  Monday can't come soon enough.

Current PC:
- Corsair Crystal 570X RGB ATX Midtower Case
- Intel i9 10900k Comet Lake
- Asus ROG RYUJIN 360 121.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
- G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM
- ASUS ROG STRIX z490-E Gaming Motherboard
- 2tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME
- 1tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD
- 1tb Samsung 850 EVO SSD
- Corsair 850w 80+ Gold Powersupply
eric_nv
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 14:18:01 (permalink)
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO
I would like to know if giving the device ID and the Part Number ... to the person indicated in this forum .....
Could someone tell me if my Nvidia Evga 3090 FTW3 GPU model is from the batch of defective models that were sold in 2020 thanks.

The first two digits of the card serial number are the year of manufacture. I had a 20 Red Lip 3090 FTW3 brick up solid playing New World closed alpha.

I have been playing New World release since about 4 hours a day on the 21 Red Lip replacement I got via RMA. I limited it to 60 fps on my 4K monitor. So far it has been working ok for me. Only one crash and that was the first time I loaded the game on release day.

No guarantees that the 21 cards are good to go. But I would be much more concerned if your serial started with 20.

post edited by eric_nv - 2021/10/02 14:21:45
Ravena
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 14:49:41 (permalink)
well while during the first wave of send outs I RMA'd my 3090 hybrid which was a 21 rev 0.1 and got a hybrid 20 rev 0.1

if there is issues with 20 rev 0.1 evga sent me an already known bad card. if any of that is true
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 15:15:29 (permalink)
eric_nv
DESCONOCIDOPERDIDO

The first two digits of the card serial number are the year of manufacture. I had a 20 Red Lip 3090 FTW3 brick up solid playing New World closed alpha.

I have been playing New World release since about 4 hours a day on the 21 Red Lip replacement I got via RMA. I limited it to 60 fps on my 4K monitor. So far it has been working ok for me. Only one crash and that was the first time I loaded the game on release day.

No guarantees that the 21 cards are good to go. But I would be much more concerned if your serial started with 20.

Hello, thanks for the data and if I check it as you said ..... my serial number starts with 2.0 it makes sense since I bought it in November of last year.
Do you recommend that I process everything as soon as possible so that they can change it for me?
The worst thing would be the wait since in the store where I still have a guarantee they told me that it could take even 30 days ...
d.burnette
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5496
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 16:30:03 (permalink)
Bardiel8
Registered to toss my hat in to the dead 3090 FTW3 cards.  Purchased in November of 2020, been running without issues for 11 months and 30 minutes in to New World for the first time today and I went to black screen and the red light of death on the card.  Reseated, tried in a different machine, no dice.  Looks like I have a 1st gen 3090 (rev 0.1) so likely the bad manufacturing issue (which is insane to me).  
As much as I throw shade on EVGA for this, considering how impossible it is to GET these cards and how expensive they are, I dont get how the New World fanboys can't accept some responsibility.  I've had this card underclocked (in fear of issues at launch) by ~50hz and had 0 problems playing everything else under the sun.  My guess is the proprietary engine Amazon built for New World (Amazon Lumberyard) isn't tested heavily enough and is also at fault here.  Easiest and quickest Steam refund I've ever done.
Looking to setup an RMA but naturally support is only open M-F and the cross-shipping RMA requires a ticket number which you seemingly can't get unless you talk to someone.  Monday can't come soon enough.

Give em a call Monday morning. My 3090 FTW3 Ultra purchased last Nov died on me Thursday evening whilst playing another game. I called them Friday and they were extremely helpful and prompt with processing the cross ship RMA. Everything has been approved and just waiting on it to ship now via Next Day Air.  RMA says expected shipping 1-3 business days, I am hoping it ships Monday. And I have 14 days to return my defective card.

Hoping I get a 2021 card as replacement, will see.
Anyway too bad it is the weekend, but do call them first thing Monday I expect you will be pleased as I was after talking with them.

Fwiw I am retired and a heavy gamer. I game for many hours each and every week ( most days). So I put a heck of a lot of hours on the card I am sure. I sure did not expect this after going all those months with no issue at all.
post edited by d.burnette - 2021/10/02 16:32:46

Don 

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w Power Supply | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD | EVGA DG 87 Case |

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 21:05:18 (permalink)

Temp locking for review

EDIT: Foul language is not allowed on these forums. Continuing to do so may result in a ban.

Unlocking.
post edited by XrayMan - 2021/10/02 21:15:58

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
sowexy
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/02 23:20:06 (permalink)
Hello!   

I was just currently playing New World I have temps monitored and everything was running smooth.   Then boooom Computer went out then back on and a puff of smoke came from the card! I turned the computer off right when i seen the smoke!. I can say running New World at 1440p high graphics and capped 60 fps this still happened!.  EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090
Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 36 of 46
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile