EVGA

AnsweredEVGA 1060 sheduled obsolescence [Fr/Eng]?

Author
Steeve63
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/02/06 05:53:30 (permalink)
Windows 10 .0, Build 18363
MSI MS-7984
Intel Core i5-6600K CPU/ 16384MB RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
2560 x 1440 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Bonjour, dans mon cas, après des 'glitches', perturbations graphiques en pleine partie il y a deux mois, j'ai de suite vérifié mon ventilateur : il était à l'arrêt  ! J'ai donc éteins le PC en urgence.
Il se trouve qu'à l'initialisation du PC le ventilateur de la carte graphique tourne puis s'arrête curieusement sans jamais se remettre en route malgrès la température qui augmente.
Malgrès qu'il n'y avait eu aucune manipulation logicielle auparavant, j'ai tout de même chercher a trouver une cause logicielle, j'ai donc essayé de revenir aux versions de drivers précédents et désinstallé la dernière mise à  jour windows, mais c'est identique.
Malgrès tout, j'ai trouvé un moyen de le remettre en route en utilisant un programme tiers qui gère la vitesse en fonction de la température et je fonctionne ainsi depuis (EVGA precision XOC). Mais nul doute que pour un néophite la carte aurait brulée. 
Je subis quelques problème toutefois je pense suite à la surchauffe je cherche un moyen de faire marcher la garantie, achetée en mai 2017.
Je soupconne donc fortement une fonction d'obsolescence programmée dans les produits EVGA, ce qui est condamnable désormais en france (amende basée sur le chiffre d'affaire...).
A bon entendeur, salutations.
-----------------
Hi, for me i got some graphical glitches  while i was playing, then i shut down imediatly my computer. Then i saw my cooling fan were only enabled at start, while BIOS initialising,  then turn off even when the GPU heat is going higher.
Even if there was no changes on my windows  softwares, i tried to revert to the precedent nvidia drivers and removed the last windows 10 updates without effect.
The only way i found to force fan to be active was to download and use a third party software (EVGA precision XOC) to monitor temperature and handle the fan. It's how i can use my computer actualy, the problem is still here and sometimes i have some glitches when i play cause i think the overheat damaged something.
No doubt a newbie had his graphic card destroyed in this case ... so i think it's a pure case of sheduled obsolescence. I bid this card in may 2017 and this happen in december 2019, my vendor garanty was for 2 years, i will search for factory one.
In France there's a law for sheduled obsolescence.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA 1060 sheduled obsolescence [Fr/Eng]? 2020/02/06 06:19:24 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Steeve63 2020/02/06 07:11:18
Precision is not a third party software, it is the manufacturers own software.

You may need to speak with support about updating your bios on your graphics card.

Manufacturer warranty takes precedence.

Precision can set your fans, but the bios doesn’t turn the fans on until 60c, because it keeps the card silent.
Steeve63
Re: EVGA 1060 sheduled obsolescence [Fr/Eng]? 2020/02/06 07:17:52 (permalink)
No,
the_Scarlet_one
Precision can set your fans, but the bios doesn’t turn the fans on until 60c, because it keeps the card silent.

Thanks for answer. But no, i was talking of the motherboard bios,  cause when i checked visualy my fan, it work only when i start the computer (bios messages), then stop at windows loading. (and now it works again only when PrecisionOC start). If i quit Precision the fan will stop even if GPU is at 90°c.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA 1060 sheduled obsolescence [Fr/Eng]? 2020/02/06 07:26:50 (permalink)
Again, you may need a different GPU BIOS.

The fans running at start up are to verify they are working, and then they go to 0db mode. They “should” come on at 60c. If they are not coming on, the GPU bios may not be working properly.

Precision would over ride the GPU bios and tell the fans to run all the time.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA 1060 sheduled obsolescence [Fr/Eng]? 2020/02/06 09:00:20 (permalink)
Working as designed

GPU fans run some - during BOOT & then stop = Normal

Factory low noise setting Fan do not run until GPU gets warm enough that it Needs fans

- The video card will "throttle" (limit power) if it get too warm - to protect itself

EVGA makes the software XOC so you Can force fans to stay on Or make a custom fan curve - newest EVGA software is X1

Using MSI Afterburner = third party software

Depending on the part number EVGA standard warranty is 3 Years

Did you register your Card ?

Are you in the EU or Canada ?

https://www.evga.com/warranty/
https://eu.evga.com/warranty/

The length of the Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from the date of purchase:
  • 3 Year Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5 -KB, -KA, -KF, -KM, -KP, -KS
  • 2 Year Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -LA, -LE, -LR, -L1, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
  • 1 Year Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX
  • 90 Day Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffix: -RB

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: EVGA 1060 sheduled obsolescence [Fr/Eng]? 2020/02/06 09:33:50 (permalink)
Steeve63
Hi, for me i got some graphical glitches  while i was playing. If i quit Precision the fan will stop even if GPU is at 90°c.

That definitely isn't normal at all. Do you notice the glitches in all of your games or just one of them? Sounds like it may be time to rma your gpu. Does this issue also occur when testing the card in another known good working pc?
Steeve63
Re: EVGA 1060 sheduled obsolescence [Fr/Eng]? 2020/02/06 09:42:14 (permalink)
I noticed the error while i was watching videos on internet, having glitches and video driver restarting constantly, it was very weird watching video...
So i tried turning off then checked watching myself the fan while launching a game i play each day where usually the fan is used, but nothing... I had to shutdown my computer when glitches appears and driver restart to avoid damages.
I was talking about sheduled obsolescence cause it happened one day like that, without any changes in my hardware or softwares (maybe only windows update some days before).
Then i found a way to force fan to be used downloading evga precisionXOC, and it's how i use my computer since 2 months ago.

Good to know and thanks, my suffixe is -KR so i'm happy to know it is still under warranty cause my vendor one was for 2 years, so i will do the register part and contact the customer support.
(I'm not english, sorry for my english)
Thank you again.

ps: I'm in France, so EU.
post edited by Steeve63 - 2020/02/06 11:57:22
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile