Dont buy EVGA Products

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
galaxy555
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/03/09 03:27:14 (permalink)
Out of all the possible PSU manufacturers I could have gone with, I landed upon EVGA. What a mistake I made.

I purchased a brand new PSU (500B) SEALED from eBay and when i got round to setting it up in my system, nothing!!. And yes it is the PSU because I tried the tester that came with the PSU and no fan spin at all. So then I decided to email evga about this and let them know about this. They sent an email back saying please inform us about the serial number and invoice. I provided them with this information to which they replied "it is not eligible for RMA" due to it being "out of warranty period" and the invoice is not valid. I replyed back saying how is the invoice not valid, i sent a screenshot of the invoice on eBay which included all relevant information but apparently it was "not valid", HOW??, i was given no explanation. I was really frustrated because I invested my money into this brand to provide me a reliable product and not garbage. I could have gone with a Chinese knock off and it would have lasted me longer.. Keep in mind it was brand new and sealed which is what entitled me to buy it in the first place, as you dont expect it to be faulty.

I will not be buying from EVGA again, and I recommend you don't either. Worst thing is I replied to the email letting them know what shall I do with this and they ignored me, no email back since. This I see as a cowardly move. I will also be letting anyone now building a system to stay away from the garbage evga sells.

STAY AWAY FROM EVGA. They purposely try to shutdown any RMA cases in their early stages. 

35 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102260
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 03:51:52 (permalink)
    forwarded to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

STR1D3R_2
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1430
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 04:03:51 (permalink)
    Go to the original item page at ebay and open the link on the upper right side entitled "shop with confidence, blah blah learn more"
    Here’s how to get your money back

Go to My eBay

If your item hasn’t arrived or isn’t as described, go to my ebay, find the item in your purchase history, and select return or item not received within 30 days of delivery
    post edited by STR1D3R_2 - 2019/03/09 04:07:17

Affiliate code E1HEL4HYPS
    ErinW
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1149
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 04:33:02 (permalink)
    galaxy555
    Out of all the possible PSU manufacturers I could have gone with, I landed upon EVGA. What a mistake I made.

I purchased a brand new PSU (500B) SEALED from eBay and when i got round to setting it up in my system, nothing!!. And yes it is the PSU because I tried the tester that came with the PSU and no fan spin at all. So then I decided to email evga about this and let them know about this. They sent an email back saying please inform us about the serial number and invoice. I provided them with this information to which they replied "it is not eligible for RMA" due to it being "out of warranty period" and the invoice is not valid. I replyed back saying how is the invoice not valid, i sent a screenshot of the invoice on eBay which included all relevant information but apparently it was "not valid", HOW??, i was given no explanation. I was really frustrated because I invested my money into this brand to provide me a reliable product and not garbage. I could have gone with a Chinese knock off and it would have lasted me longer.. Keep in mind it was brand new and sealed which is what entitled me to buy it in the first place, as you dont expect it to be faulty.

I will not be buying from EVGA again, and I recommend you don't either. Worst thing is I replied to the email letting them know what shall I do with this and they ignored me, no email back since. This I see as a cowardly move. I will also be letting anyone now building a system to stay away from the garbage evga sells.

STAY AWAY FROM EVGA. They purposely try to shutdown any RMA cases in their early stages. 

Sorry about the trouble with your PSU. I see that you've contacted us with your complaint about the warranty service, but I'm unable to find any correspondence regarding the warranty on the unit, or any registered products. Did you contact us from an address other than the one one your account? Do you recall what agent you conversed with? 

I'll reply to your email. If you can provide the serial number for the product, we can look up the warranty. 

Products purchased from Ebay sellers other than the EVGA_Official storefront (Or Newegg, etc.) will be considered second-hand purchases, even if they are sealed in-box. 

post edited by EVGATech_ErinW - 2019/03/10 22:18:57
    ErinW
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1149
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 05:01:01 (permalink)
    I've found the emails under your other email address. The EU agent that you spoke with was correct. The unit is out of warranty.

As said previously, products purchased from sellers on Ebay other than our official storefront are considered second-hand. The warranty will start on the date it was shipped to the original seller or reseller, in this case, September of 2014. With the 3-year warranty, it expired in September 2017, long before you purchased it. 

galaxy555
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 05:17:31 (permalink)
    "Considered second hand". The item was SEALED. I

I mean this just shows the quality of your products. Don't Buy EVGA products. They simply just don't work out the box.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 05:28:19 (permalink)
    Second Hand means that someone else bought it, kept it for what would seem like a long time, and then sold it through EBay knowing it was out of warranty. We have seen many people received “sealed” products where a user sent it back after opening it and then resealing it. A great example is all of the “sealed” GPU’s sold from Newegg that don’t even have the correct card inside of the box. People are crafty and will lie, cheat, and steal from other users through eBay, without batting an eye.

As stated above, if you can get an EBay refund and send it back to the seller, you should.

Buying from evga is not the same as buying from some random person on eBay.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 05:32:38 (permalink)
    I understand why your upset - the PSU did not work & now your finding out that the warranty does not apply - for reasons you were not aware of.

"Secondhand" means it was Bought Outside of the Approved Channel  - Even when the item was not opened

Like most other companies there are approved vendors & anyone else is "secondhand" as they are Outside of the Official channel 

https://www.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspx    - Even "Amazon Sales" must be "Sold by Amazon" & not third parties to be considered "New"

The EVGA Warranty Terms are clearly stated on the website   https://eu.evga.com/warranty/power-supplies/

It seems your seller did not know there was an issue, you have your correspondence with EVGA - You should go back to the Seller for Refund

I can only guess the Seller was not aware of the Warranty terms or they chose not to disclose them.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

galaxy555
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 05:35:08 (permalink)
    I will try to get a refund. won't be easy.
    Hillguy
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1320
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 05:35:20 (permalink)
    No offense galaxy but you should modify your post to say "Stay away from EBAY"  unfortunately it's a buyer beware world nowadays. 

post edited by Hillguy - 2019/03/09 05:36:31

eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hydrocopper | eVGA X299 Dark | Intel i9 10980XE | Heatkiller IV CPU Block | 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3200  | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo | Dual Corsair AX1200i PSU's | Dual Koolance RP-1000 Pumps | Dual Koolance EHX-1320 4x120mm Rads | W10 | Asus PB278Q | Acer 20" | Razer Death Stalker | Razer Death Adder | Thermaltake Armor+
    ZippoMan18
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 06:30:42 (permalink)
    Yeah more like stay away from EvilBay! (eBay) That sucks and you should get your money back as the item is defective! 

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Good luck with getting it resolve and ASAP. 

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 06:56:34 (permalink)
    The 500B is kind of a piece of junk anyway. What did you pay for it anyway? $30? $40? Not really worth the time, hassle, and shipping costs of getting it replaced under warranty for another piece of junk 500B when you can spend $60 on a power supply which is far better.

Edit: I don't mean to single out the EVGA 500B as a particularly bad power supply. It's just a low efficiency, low budget, low quality power supply just like every other company's power supplies in that same price segment. Like all low efficiency, low budget, low quality power supplies, you can buy one which is less than twice the price, but four times better. Skip the hassle and shipping costs of trying to get your old, cheap 500B replaced and spend your time and money getting a power supply which is actually worth your time and money.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/03/09 10:41:36

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 11:37:09 (permalink)
    Hillguy
    No offense galaxy but you should modify your post to say "Stay away from EBAY"  unfortunately it's a buyer beware world nowadays. 

Sometimes they come with extra's

Money for Nothing Chicks for Free or is it Money for Nothing Power Supplies for Free Scalpers Dumping their old Stock.

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/03/09 12:20:59

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18916
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 12:04:12 (permalink)
    galaxy555

So wait.. you got scammed on EBay (no surprise there), but are blaming EVGA. Yeah, that's fair ..said nobody ever.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Hillguy
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1320
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 14:52:38 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh

What in the name of he** (double hockey sticks)  is that   

eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hydrocopper | eVGA X299 Dark | Intel i9 10980XE | Heatkiller IV CPU Block | 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3200  | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo | Dual Corsair AX1200i PSU's | Dual Koolance RP-1000 Pumps | Dual Koolance EHX-1320 4x120mm Rads | W10 | Asus PB278Q | Acer 20" | Razer Death Stalker | Razer Death Adder | Thermaltake Armor+
    JacobB
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 522
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 16:02:59 (permalink)
    Hillguy
    bcavnaugh

What in the name of he** (double hockey sticks)  is that   

A snake? In a box? Clearly it's solid snake. He had to make due with a metal box this time since he must've been out of cardboard.

Side note:
    As far as the main thread goes, your best bet would be to start a dispute with eBay and the seller. If this was sold as new / in warranty, this would be something that eBay should be able to help you get your money back for. Please keep in mind, that I am not a rep from eBay, so I cannot guarantee anything, but personally, this would be the course of action I would take.

-Jacob B.
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 16:11:20 (permalink)

Now that is what I call a Solid Snake Powered Computer.

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/03/09 16:14:16

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 16:22:14 (permalink)
    I will buy from eVGA...even the official eVGA store on eBay..but probably wouldn't buy anything from a normal user
    except a 10 dollar disney pin.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Killmur
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5311
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 16:36:01 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    I will buy from eVGA...even the official eVGA store on eBay..but probably wouldn't buy anything from a normal user
    except a 10 dollar disney pin.

Same. I was considering going through Amazon for my new GPU but the 30 dollars in taxes changed my mind quickly so I went through EVGA's site.

STR1D3R_2
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1430
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/09 17:37:03 (permalink)
    I've bought plenty of eVGA products from this site, from walk in and online stores and yes even fleabay. My advise if buying from ebay,
    1-ALWAYS read sellers reviews and pay close attention if there is not 100% positive feedback, stay away or take your chance (don't bid much).
    2-make sure that a decent amount of the reviews are as seller and not all as a buyer
    3-Do a bit of research on the listed product to know the age.
    4- note sellers location, Louisiana for example, new in box may mean recovered box found floating for all we know.

I for one buy mainly eVGA products and will continue to do so for a long time to come. New and used, just be cautious of the latter.

Not everyone realizes that ebay is like going to a yard sale. Some actually think they are making a purchase from an online retail store that is trustworthy. I've met quite a few people who thought that after using google to search for something and getting a great price with the "buy it now" option, were buying from a legitimate store (they just didn't know better).

I was scrolling through ebay one time and came across a decently priced dvi x vga adapter and said he** I'll take two. I got them a few days later and found out I bought 2 4 packs of them, sweet!  I set them on the shelf for stock. A couple months later I needed one to test a build and tried one, then a second and third one then used one I've had for years. It worked fine so I tested the rest, none worked. After several attempts to contact the seller, I followed the link I posted above and saw a number to call, used it and hardly spent any time on the call. The funds were returned within a couple days and I never heard a thing about it again. I still have the parts, wasn't asked to send them back. One of these days I will cut one in half expecting to see two ends in a plastic mold. lol

Galaxy, I wish you luck getting a refund from the seller or from eBay or PayPal. I think a refund is owed. Not from eVGA though. I literally have over 50 products with the eVGA name on them and they have been outperforming other brands hands down, some for over a decade.

post edited by STR1D3R_2 - 2019/03/10 16:21:49

Affiliate code E1HEL4HYPS
    bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11083
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/10 00:06:21 (permalink)
    I have bought a ton of used hardware from ebay and have had very good luck with servers boards, CPUs and memory.
    Their buyer protection as good. Contact the seller and get a refund. If they will not, open a dispute with ebay or paypal, you will win.
    Then but a 650 gold or better. The lower tier PSU products are not the best, that goes for any make.
    Get an EVGA, Seasonic, XFX pro series, I even have a couple Antec platinum that work fine. Get 650 gold or better.
    650w will be efficient and gold will helps save money on electric. And have some room to grow.
    Gold PSUs or better most often have better components. 
    Do not cheap out on the PSU,I consider it the most important part in there, it makes all the other parts work, can't work with out it.
    You want good clean power.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

xmrfacex
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/11 12:21:53 (permalink)
    Agreed Ebay isn't known for their integrity of sellers
    AngryAce
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 867
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/11 12:47:49 (permalink)
    galaxy555

I mean this just shows the quality of your products. Don't Buy EVGA products. They simply just don't work out the box.

Come on man, do you think EVGA would still be in business for over 20 years if their products didn't work out of the box? I have been buying their stuff since 2000 and I don't recall ever having anything arrive DOA.

I hope you get resolution from eBay, I get nervous selling stuff on there. There are just as many unscrupulous buyers as there are sellers on that site. 

xmrfacex
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/11 12:55:07 (permalink)
    AngryAce
    galaxy555

Come on man, do you think EVGA would still be in business for over 20 years if their products didn't work out of the box? I have been buying their stuff since 2000 and I don't recall ever having anything arrive DOA.

I hope you get resolution from eBay, I get nervous selling stuff on there. There are just as many unscrupulous buyers as there are sellers on that site. 

Agreed I to have been buying from evga for almost as long never had a problem.
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/11 14:03:01 (permalink)
    galaxy555

you must be a little slow...

You expect a company to start the warranty period the date it was opened? Lets say I buy something brand new from evga, I hold it for 15 years brand new, sealed... I choose to sell it because it's taking up space for no reason, the warranty should start THERE?

lmao... You shouldn't be reviewing products or companies if you can't see the problem with that.

Next time buy from an official retailer such as eVGA.com (Direct) NewEgg.com Amazon.com etc. etc.
    stop trying to get things for cheap and you won't have to deal with these kind of problems anymore.
    post edited by RushXTC - 2019/03/11 14:04:08

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/11 14:11:39 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    galaxy555

You expect a company to start the warranty period the date it was opened? Lets say I buy something brand new from evga, I hold it for 15 years brand new, sealed... I choose to sell it because it's taking up space for no reason, the warranty should start THERE?

lmao... You shouldn't be reviewing products or companies if you can't see the problem with that.

Next time buy from an official retailer such as eVGA.com (Direct) NewEgg.com Amazon.com etc. etc.
    stop trying to get things for cheap and you won't have to deal with these kind of problems anymore.

^^this 100%^^

Excuse me while I take the 6 month old cheeseburger I found in my trunk back to Macdonald's and complain it is cold and moldy......I mean it was still in original wrapper and everything.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/11 14:30:34 (permalink)
    kaninja
    RushXTC
    galaxy555

^^this 100%^^

Excuse me while I take the 6 month old cheeseburger I found in my trunk back to Macdonald's and complain it is cold and moldy......I mean it was still in original wrapper and everything.

Not going to happen. Macdonald burgers don't mold as their quality is the best. 

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/11 15:01:26 (permalink)
    What MacDonald is buying out EVGA, Oh My Goodness this will start the end of life as we know it.

Attached Image(s)

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/11 17:08:44 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    What MacDonald is buying out EVGA, Oh My Goodness this will start the end of life as we know it.

It's the other way... Regular cards will be smaller, then will be released at a HIGHER cost in "regular size" called the grand video card.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

panzlock
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1736
    Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/12 08:44:32 (permalink)
    kaninja

You'll never find mold on McDonald's comestibles. They are laden with so much sugar mother nature regularly forfeits.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile